GIANTS RUNNING BACK ARRESTED

The good news for the Giants is that Ahmad Bradshaw isn’t the only running back on the roster who recently has been in trouble with the law.
Oh, wait.  That’s not good news.  Never mind.
Danny Ware, who played football at Georgia and returned to Athens for Saturday night’s showdown with Alabama, was busted early Sunday for being a pedestrian under the influence and a pedestrian in the roadway.  [Hat tilt to Mike Garafolo.]  Ware and Jennifer Henderson were approached by authorities after they “seemed oblivious to traffic that had to steer around them as they stood in the street talking.”
Henderson refused to submit to a breath test.  Ware should have; his BAC was measured to be 0.152 percent.  He was released several hours later, after posting a $500 bond.
The good news is that there’s nothing about his mug shot that anyone can make fun of.

dannyware.JPG

Permalink 42 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill
42 Responses to “GIANTS RUNNING BACK ARRESTED”
  1. DM says: Sep 29, 2008 4:58 PM

If I was a Georgia fan I would have drank myself stupid as well after that beat down.

2. dlmcc0202 says: Sep 29, 2008 4:59 PM

Seems like a dumb thing to get arrested for. This is not such a big deal if you ask me

3. Bob S. says: Sep 29, 2008 5:00 PM

Got him for drunk walking?
    These cops are going beserk. Last week they charge a guy with assault and battery.

“As Patrolman T.E. Parsons prepared the machine, Cruz scooted his chair towards Parsons, lifted his leg and “passed gas loudly,” the complaint said.
    Cruz, according to complaint, then fanned the gas towards the officer by waving his hand.”

4. NC_bengal says: Sep 29, 2008 5:01 PM

Excellent… the Bengals are looking to pick up an RB.
    As a Bengals fan (pity me), I figured I’d try and beat everyone else to it at least.

5. Fab5Philly says: Sep 29, 2008 5:07 PM

That’s almost like getting busted because you decided to walk and not drive after a night of boozin’ it up. But, I guess it would depend on how much they were really being “oblivious to traffic.”

6. Pantherfan105 says: Sep 29, 2008 5:10 PM

This is one of the dumbest reasons for an arrest blotter ive seen. Drunk walking? come on…. It ranks up their with the Wisconsin LB who got charged with drunken mo-pedding the other week… In the words of the french “le sigh…”

7. bdub85 says: Sep 29, 2008 5:11 PM

he should of refused the breathalyzer. the cops cant legally make you take one.

8. Slow Joe says: Sep 29, 2008 5:16 PM

Okay, M.A.D.D. is just getting too much power. “Drinking and Walking”?

9. delakern says: Sep 29, 2008 5:19 PM

man he better have a good lawyer…

10. hesawinner says: Sep 29, 2008 5:23 PM

Lesson learned by Georgia fans: Dont go calling up your friends saying things like “ESPN says we might go all the way!” or ” ESPN says our quarterback is really great like the Florida guy or the Oklahoma guy!” Watching ESPN probably isn’t the best way to stay informed. They make news as often as they report news.

11. Defender says: Sep 29, 2008 5:24 PM

It says he was arrested for STANDING…IN…TRAFFIC, not drunk walking, which, truth be told, is something I wish I C light pounder did more of as a child.

12. pittsteel says: Sep 29, 2008 5:41 PM

Did all of you people miss the part that said ‘they ”seemed oblivious to traffic that had to steer around them as they stood in the street talking.”’ or did I read something that wasn’t there? They were causing a traffic hazzard by STANDING IN THE STREET TALKING NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO CARS THAT HAD TO VEER OUT OF THE WAY TO AVOID HITTING THEM. You can refuse a breathalyzer but by doing so you open yourself up to arrest.

13. VermiciousKnid says: Sep 29, 2008 5:47 PM

Some comments posted under the linked article by purported eyewitnesses :
    Posted by: UgaAlumni27 at Sep. 29, 2008 at 1:46:03 pm
    As someone who was actually there while this happened, I would honestly like to say that this was nothing more than a cop on a power trip. Unless standing a foot from the curb while hailing a cab is an arrestable offense. I have never seen a more offensive abuse of power. And for anyone else who has commented negatively on this story – you’ve done nothing but make yourself sound ignorant.
    Posted by: NYCAlumni at Sep. 29, 2008 at 2:09:56 pm
    I was standing outside the Winery when this was happening. Danny and his friend didn’t appear to be drunk at all. I think they were trying to hail a cab and from what I could see, were standing about 6 inches off the curb. The cop rode by and nearly hit them, but not becuase they were in the street. The cop then proceeded to arrest 4 people for no apparent reason. One guy got arrested for trying to grab a camera from danny’s friend (who was passing it to him bc it was his). I agree with the comment above mine, this was a blatant abuse of power and I would challenge Athens Banner-Herald to pratice more thorough and accurate journalism. They appear to only have interest in police officer’s account of the events.

So, by these accounts, he and his friend were trying to hail a cab when the cop intervened. Sounds to me like Ware was arrested for GHWAWGWB — going home with a white girl while black.

14. Hype says: Sep 29, 2008 5:48 PM

He is an NFL player…isn’t traffic supposed to stop and wait for him until he is done with his conversation?? I will make a bet he brought out the “don’t you know who I am” line as well.

15. Vox Veritas says: Sep 29, 2008 5:48 PM

Giants = turd collectors
    “he should of refused the breathalyzer. the cops cant legally make you take one.”
    I guess they can make you five blood for a BAC analysis though.

16. rypie423 says: Sep 29, 2008 6:08 PM

Click through and read the comments to the original article (via Garafalo link). eye witnesses say he was arrested while trying to hail a cab by a power hungry cop. Severe injustice if you ask me…

17. Treez says: Sep 29, 2008 6:09 PM

I would have at least taken a shower after a game like that.

18. ACDC84 says: Sep 29, 2008 6:09 PM

Patrick Warburton is freaking hilarious, especially as Putty (or is it Puddy?). Gotta love his 8-Ball jacket, and his “It feels like an Arby’s night.”

19. ACDC84 says: Sep 29, 2008 6:14 PM

If he truly was in the middle of a busy street/intersection blocking traffic, I guess I could see taking him in, though I would think a quick warning first wouldn’t be too much to ask. But yea, it kills me when people safely and responsibilty choose to leave their car at the bar and walk home, and then get a Drunk in Public ticket. I was leaving the bar the other night at closing time. Ten or so people just as drunk as me proceed to get in their cars and take off. A couple of friends and I start the 20 minute walk to my house, and this cop starts harassing us, saying he should take us in as we are obviously impaired. Hey a-hole, why don’t you use that time to get the drunks off the ROADS, not the SIDEWALKS.

20. PkrNboro says: Sep 29, 2008 6:15 PM

Hey: PFT ?
    Have you really done the due-diligence thing regarding this article, or are you trying to mock-first, then truthfully report later?
    Check out the posts after the article:
    NOTE: You’d be better off reporting facts, instead of censoring me when I posted after the Sean Payton fine:
    What about the fine for Mr.-Get-Your-F’ing-Hands-Off-Me ( there… it’s sanitized for posting on your hypocritical site).

21. Osterhouse says: Sep 29, 2008 6:18 PM

My buddy refused a breathalyzer when we got in trouble, was the correct move. They threatened 2 throw him in detox but he stood firm, refused 2 answer any questions and they couldnt do jack…

22. Bob S. says: Sep 29, 2008 6:33 PM

Author: pittsteel
    —-
    that’s what the facist cop liar said! just like the one who said last weak a minority person used his behind to send then wave his internal gas at the cop that he charged the guy with assault and battery with the smell.
    anyone who believes anything a cop says now a days is braindead!

23. SLaird22 says: Sep 29, 2008 6:37 PM

They can arrest you without a breathalyzer. The point of refusing it is that if you are borderline drunk you can sober up before a blood test.
    Cops were doing this at my college a few years ago, too. You stumbled a bit, you get arrested. Even if you slipped on the ice. Way to keep the sidewalks safe.

24. Osterhouse says: Sep 29, 2008 6:44 PM

The best thing to do is never answer any of their questions and just say, ” Officer am I free to go or am I being detained? ” And test them by starting to walk away. If they say, “stop” you have to stop and just tell them, “Officer I will not be answering any more questions without an attorney present “

25. Osterhouse says: Sep 29, 2008 6:47 PM

enjoy. All NFL/NBA players should watch this and study up.

26. pirate freedom says: Sep 29, 2008 6:48 PM

I’ve seen intoxicated people staggering around busy street where having them thrown in the drunk tank was the only rational thing to do.
    Don’t know if this guy was that bad, but there are cases when throwing someones drunk ass in jail is the only humane thing to do.

27. mrmagoo says: Sep 29, 2008 6:52 PM

As a Steeler fan I’m sure Santonio would agree with me saying this is no big deal.
    My best friend in high school got drunk on his 21st birthday, walked out of a bar and promptly told the policeman standing on the corner that the ‘pd could suck his d***’. Into the pokey he went. Admittedly he did grow up to be a n’er do well(he’s now a Shriner 😉 ) but that’s not the point. Scaring the crap out of him would have saved everyone a lot of time and money.

28. east96st says: Sep 29, 2008 7:00 PM

Vox – any team that has Pacman on their roster shouldn’t say anything about “turds”. I’ll take a scrub backup getting what will be end up being a ticket vs. one of the biggest dirtbags that the NFL has ever known. Only team in the NFL that wanted that piece of garbage was the Cowboys. But I guess after 12 years of doing NOTHING in the playoffs, Jerry will do anything to try to win one.

29. Bob S. says: Sep 29, 2008 7:11 PM

ISNT IT STRANGE THAT MOST OF THESE INCIDENTS HAPPEN IN SOUTHERN STATES AND MOST OF THE PLAYERS DETAINED ARE THE MINORITY THE COPS ARE NOT?

30. simon says: Sep 29, 2008 7:16 PM

Guess that G on his cheek in the photo stands for ‘Gawd-awful Georgia’.
    I’d get faced too if my college got their butts handed to them.
    Just don’t think I’d step in front a car.

31. Pantherfan105 says: Sep 29, 2008 7:41 PM

pittsteel says:
    September 29th, 2008 at 5:41 pm
    ——————————————————-
    What happend to “innocent until proven guilty? It’s not like they were running around in the streets. The officer should of asked to them to get out of the road, warning them. Then if they didn’t listen take action. I’m normally the first to stick up for an officer but this is an obvious abuse of power.
    You have the right to refuse any type of “search and seizure” without presence of a warrant. Including onsite breathalizer or “drunk tests”. The officer had no obvious reason for this search inquiry other than the guy was standing in the stree talking to a white girl. It says they were standing “in the street” which could be anywhere from the shoulder to the middle of the road. As someone who was their reported earlier. The guy was on the shoulder of the road.
    Im normally one of the first people to stick up for officers of law; However this is an obvious abuse of power. Officers like asking “trap questions” to get people to submit to do what the officers want out of you. He did the right thing refusing breathalizer..This guy should be out looking for drivers not people walking around on sidewalks. Leave the sidewalks to the bike and foot patrol, it’s what they get paid for.

32. johnnyhose says: Sep 29, 2008 8:02 PM

I don’t know which is worse getting busted, or having the cheerleader eyeblack tatoos?

33. Vox Veritas says: Sep 29, 2008 9:13 PM

haha yeah, must be a race thing. No way he was drunk in public, had to be racist cops!
    “The best thing to do is never answer any of their questions and just say, ” Officer am I free to go or am I being detained? ” And test them by starting to walk away.”
    Good way to get “evading arrest” thrown on top.

34. Vox Veritas says: Sep 29, 2008 9:14 PM

“Vox – any team that has Pacman on their roster shouldn’t say anything about “turds”.”
    Anybody with Antonio Pierce, Plastico Burress and this ham-n-egger shouldn’t either but it’s never stopped you, has it?

35. Vox Veritas says: Sep 29, 2008 9:15 PM

Remember, not only is Lawrence Taylor a crackhead, he’s also a deadbeat dad.

36. moonbeam says: Sep 29, 2008 10:38 PM

vox,you must be cramp’n somethin’ bad after that cowgirl
    loss,heh heh heh.

37. shuxion says: Sep 30, 2008 9:20 AM

Vox and moonbeam throwing down the gloves.

38. Vox Veritas says: Sep 30, 2008 10:43 AM

That wasn’t a glove throw-down, that was a gentle chick-smack with a lacy kerchief and a hearty “fiddle-dee-deeeee!”

39. bigblue59 says: Sep 30, 2008 8:08 PM

Sounds like a cop with to much power and time damn drinking and walking
    At least he could still walk
    This is nuts typical local cop in a college town upset cause he did not get a degree

40. bigblue59 says: Sep 30, 2008 8:13 PM

Hey VOX
    Your team will once again not make the big game but if they ever redo the longest yard again they will not need to go to Holliwood for the jails will be full of dirt bag cowpukes Tank 6 gun Johnson PAC Girl and one day TO will forget to bring some elses pee to the test and we will find out just what kinda meds he is on
    Romo is not a good QB
    And to the Charger fans Thank god we got Eli and not muddy River

41. RevSkip says: Oct 1, 2008 12:44 AM

Vox, Vox, Vox. Glass houses, pots and kettles…
    But on a lighter note, did anybody catch TO last night crying about only getting 30% of the targets in the game? I’ll take our drunk walker over the Cowboys team killer. 🙂

42. AtlantaLive says: Jan 28, 2009 4:33 PM

OK why didn’t the officer just ask them to come back on the sidewalk? Some cops are really on a power trip. This is one arrest that just doesn’t make sense. And according to people that were actually there he was doing nothing more than trying to get a cab. If he was with a white girl then the picture is clear. I’m from Georgia so I know what that means when your outside of Metro Atlanta. Trouble.