OWENS EXPLAINS HIS EMOTIONS FROM SUNDAY

Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens explained that his sideline display of emotion on Sunday wasn’t the result of any concerns regarding his lack of involvement in the game plan.
Instead, Owens said on Tuesday’s Michael Irvin Show that he was upset because of a death in the family.
“Everything that happened on Sunday, I had talked [about with] my pastor Anthony Gardner out of Philadelphia the night before the game,” Owens said.  “When I got emotional, it was an anointed emotion, is what he explained to me.

“When it happened, I knew it was going to happen. He told me the night before it was going to happen, so when I went to the sideline, the emotions hit me.”

So, per Owens, he wasn’t upset about the fact that only three balls were thrown in his direction on Sunday.

“There are people in the booth that say I look troubled,” Owens said. “Don’t judge me based on what you think I said or what you think I meant.  I am not perfect by any means.  I make mistakes.  But I know who I am at heart.  I play with a passion on the football field.  I have a lot of faith in my ability.”

Permalink 51 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill
51 Responses to “OWENS EXPLAINS HIS EMOTIONS FROM SUNDAY”
  1. dvh1000 says: Oct 8, 2008 9:08 AM

T.O. is a horrible liar. If he continues to not get the ball, this charade of being a team player will end.

2. icase81 says: Oct 8, 2008 9:10 AM

Wow… its never him is it? Always some excuse. Not saying that a death in the family isn’t a good reason to get emotional, but this is TO. I think we know his real reasons.

3. jfiling says: Oct 8, 2008 9:15 AM

The sooner TO is diagnosed, and accepts that he is, bipolar, the better off he will be. Everything until then is going to look like a sideshow.

4. Hype says: Oct 8, 2008 9:21 AM

tick tick tick tick……

5. TCLARK says: Oct 8, 2008 9:22 AM

Not TO ,it’s Me-O. Me Me Me Me Me.

6. clintdogg says: Oct 8, 2008 9:23 AM

Wow. I actually got suckered in by this clown with the tears after last year’s playoff loss. Guess I was wrong, he’s a peice of trash.

7. stini777 says: Oct 8, 2008 9:23 AM

Tick…tick…tick…tick…tick…tick…

8. Hollywood Wags says: Oct 8, 2008 9:24 AM

LOL, what a dick.

9. ModHairKen says: Oct 8, 2008 9:26 AM

“I play with a passion on the football field.”
    TRANSLATION: Therefore, I can whine, complain, pick fights with my QBs, refuse to show up for practice, do push-ups for the media, dance on the other team’s logo, overdose on drugs, and you all must all endure whatever sh*t I want to pull.
    The Cowboys will never win a Super Bowl with T[urd]O[verrated]. on the roster. The Bucs did win one with Keyshawn Johnson, just for the record, T.O.

10. WheresSeptien says: Oct 8, 2008 9:26 AM

11. tymofeoa says: Oct 8, 2008 9:36 AM

isn’t this the same time of year it was reported he tried to commit suicide last year. there has to be something in his past that happened during this time frame that whacks him out. good thing he isn’t ray lewis. he might be looking at multiple murders.

12. TransplantedFan says: Oct 8, 2008 9:37 AM

“It was an annointed emotion.”
    I said it a week or so ago, but now I really want TO to run for Congress. It would make things so much more entertaining. The man would be a natural at those press conferences.

13. empty13 says: Oct 8, 2008 9:47 AM

HE’S A NUT. anointed emotion? more like unbridled enthusiasm… for his royal self.
    they call them divas for a reason.

14. vincelombardi says: Oct 8, 2008 9:49 AM

an “anointed emotion”? how is an emotion “anointed”? just when i think he has said the dumbest thing ever, he opens his mouth and speaks again.

15. jarhead_jed says: Oct 8, 2008 9:52 AM

geez, are you guys racist much? I have never seen one guy get so much flack due to people being jealous of his talent and his situation. You guys are patethic human beings and scum of the earth. TO had a death in the family, give the guy a break! It is people like you that make the world suck, if life were a reality show you would be voted off first…losers!

16. flyeaglesfly99 says: Oct 8, 2008 9:54 AM

I love me some me

17. zygi milf says: Oct 8, 2008 9:54 AM

A death in the family…..right. Probably his sister’s 3rd baby daddy’s cousin’s ex-wife’s step-grandmother.

18. Vox Veritas says: Oct 8, 2008 9:55 AM

19. shuxion says: Oct 8, 2008 9:59 AM

Before everyone goes off the deep-end here:
    1. The guy is more a pain in the ass than anything else.
    2. He doesn’t beat women, which is more than we can say for certain Steelers linebackers.
    3. He hasn’t killed anybody, which is more than we can say for certain Rams Defensive Ends.
    4. His buddies didn’t kill anyone, which is more than we can say for certain Ravens Linebackers.
    The guy isn’t a bad person, he is just a pain in the ass. No legal troubles that I can remember. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    This league has A LOT more problems than TO.

20. nowhere_man says: Oct 8, 2008 10:13 AM

If T.O. believes in Jesus than maybe he should show some of the humility that Jesus teaches. “Blessed are the humble, because they will inherit the earth.” I know it’s not the earth you’re after T.O., but you might see the ball more.

21. CameraMan says: Oct 8, 2008 10:16 AM

“Quit Hatin, I mean enough already, thats all I hear from everyone. The guy is talented, and the guy wants to win.”
    I don’t think that there are many who would disagree that he is a talent, but he is a headache and child. He has gone from Steve Young to Jeff Garcia to Donovan McNabb to Drew Bledsoe to Tony Romo as his QB, and all he has done is burn bridges and been a distraction for his organizations. He has called coaches and teammates out, yet he tells others not to judge him….Mmmm, interesting. He thinks everything he says is completely innocuous, but the slighest criticism levied against him is because what he said or did was taken out of context.

22. Diablo2k2 says: Oct 8, 2008 10:31 AM

I often wonder why there is no one close enough to this man either professionally or personally that would tell him to stop talking. Maybe they have and he won’t listen-
    Everything he says is either twisted, manipulated or is good grounds for people to take shots at him. He will never live down all the troubles his mouth has caused in the past, so even little comments are over exaggerated and become a media frenzy. Let’s face it, you either like this athlete or your hate him but either way, when he speaks people listen.
    I don’t feel sorry for him because he is not a “victim” he created this persona and now he has to live with it. However, I would hope some of you are smart enough to realize when the media is using him to get your attention. Why can’t he shut-up? Why can’t we stop listening? Both are pretty stupid-

23. malpine says: Oct 8, 2008 10:42 AM

What’s wrong with you people? Didn’t your mama’s ever hold you as a child. Do you have nothing better to do than bag on this guy? Are you so jealous he has the life you WISH you had, that you have to jump on him because he doesn’t live it the way you would?
    Keep hating, you sad, pathetic jag-off’s… it will make it all the sweeter when TO wins a ring and the Cowboys win another, which is exactly what all of you are afraid of.

24. kellyb9 says: Oct 8, 2008 10:44 AM

@WheresSeptien – This guy doesn’t want to win – he wants to win on his own terms. I thought the same thing initially, but he’s clearly not happy getting 4 or 5 catches a game even if that means his team wins. It’s simple math T.O. Everytime you run down the field, you take two DB’s with you which should leave a ton underneath. It’ll also free up the running game. You should be happy to do your part. Clearly, you aren’t. Production doesn’t mean getting 100 catches a year and 15+ TD’s. It means knowing your role out there on the field.

25. Jackson1 says: Oct 8, 2008 11:09 AM

I guess TO was also a “piece of trash” when he helped a person that got hit by a hit and run after the ESPYS? I mean, the guy left the scene quickly to not cause publicity.
    I believe TO is an emotional and passionate person and does make mistakes. he who is without fault cast the first stone………..until then…..STFU.
    a team is made up of 53 players. no one single person has the ability to bring a team down, despite the media’s best efforts to make it happen, unless the team wasn’t that good to begin with.
    The Cowboys would not be where they are without TO. I think he’s a great receiver and great teammate. even a majority of the Philly players that played with TO will still tell you he was a great teammate.

26. CameraMan says: Oct 8, 2008 11:14 AM

“Wow, lookit all of the pathetic haters and wannabe internet psychologists that have trouble putting together coherent sentences!”
    Yes, and where did you earn your PhD in English?

27. Grulks says: Oct 8, 2008 11:16 AM

T.O. needs to take a Time Out, and someone needs to put some f*ing rigging tape over his mouth.

28. BawlmerJoe says: Oct 8, 2008 11:17 AM

TO is so full of shit he stinks – his problem is that, coming up through the ranks, he never had someone say, “No, Terrell, you CAN’T.” Plain and simple. STFU and be happy you’re playing a game and getting paid millions. Douchebag.

29. CowboysFan says: Oct 8, 2008 11:19 AM

Vox: “Lookit” is not recognized as a real word.

30. MisterNFL says: Oct 8, 2008 11:29 AM

He’s a whiney bitch

31. BoyzRback07 says: Oct 8, 2008 11:30 AM

You haters are the most pathetic, insensitive group of douche bags to ever roam the earth.You are the same losers that would suck his sack if given the chance to play on your team.I sincerely hope you all lose a family member soon, so I can criticize your reaction to their deaths.
    btw – great post jackson1

32. malpine says: Oct 8, 2008 11:35 AM

Thanks for the English lesson, CowboysFan…feel better?

33. kellyb9 says: Oct 8, 2008 11:43 AM

@BoyzRback07 – Nah, my team already has enough dropped passes a year, I’d pass on the T.O. circus.

34. Vox Veritas says: Oct 8, 2008 12:00 PM

“@WheresSeptien – This guy doesn’t want to win – he wants to win on his own terms. I thought the same thing initially, but he’s clearly not happy getting 4 or 5 catches a game even if that means his team wins.”
    Seemed pretty happy after the Bengals game. After every win, in fact.

35. Pea Tear Griffin says: Oct 8, 2008 12:02 PM

@shuxion
    “5. He is not a known HGH user, which is more than we can say for 3/4 of the league.”
    Wow, so 3/4 of the league is KNOWN for using HGH?
    Seriously, get a clue. Dumbest post ever.
    BTW, I’m not a TO hater, I think he’s okay. Fun to watch. I think the real story of this post is that his Pastor is in philly.

36. brauneyz says: Oct 8, 2008 12:07 PM

@ jarhead_jed:
    Racist? WTF? The only race I see is the one for most annoying crybaby.
    We all know what we get in T.O. What’s your excuse?

37. xpertize81 says: Oct 8, 2008 12:08 PM

brett farve used to cry almost after ever post game press conference, ocho cinco cries about 6-7 times a year, depending on the situation.
    Marvin harrison is getting sued for shooting someone…
    Plaxico Burress can’t call his employer to tell him he won’t be coming into work…
    steve smith punched out his teammate and was suspended for 2 games…
    anquan boldin has voiced displeasue about his current contract…
    But, yet let’s all rip on T.O because he wants the ball more, and shed a few tears after his TD catch because he was playing with a lot of emotions…
    Its a shame, how blind all you people are because of sites like this and espn, just feeds you the best B.S, you’ll ever read.
    Randy Moss has pubilicy said during the middle of the 05 season, “that is heart isn’t into football right now”…

38. existentialistmz says: Oct 8, 2008 12:18 PM

Forget TO, the cowboys would be better with out him. I hope they get Roy Williams, dump T.O. and let the boys running game take over.

39. Vox Veritas says: Oct 8, 2008 12:22 PM

“If T.O. believes in Jesus than maybe he should show some of the humility that Jesus teaches.”
    Another part of His teachings is “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven”. That verse appears just a few verses after the one that you brought up. If you’re having trouble reconciling the two statements, then you just don’t understand enough to be preaching to anyone about it. Basically, you’re supposed to be meek and humble and etc when it comes to God. When it comes to people, do what you do to “shine” your “light” but give all glory to God, and the hope is that somebody is inspired.
    Bottom line is no matter what he says, doesn’t say, or even if he says nothing at all, clueless haters are still gonna hate because that’s what they do.

40. Vox Veritas says: Oct 8, 2008 12:29 PM

You know, “an anointed emotion”. Is it so hard to figure out? What does “anointed” mean? washed over, smeared upon, slathered, sprinkled, as if by God. Use your brains, please.

41. Vox Veritas says: Oct 8, 2008 12:30 PM

“Yes, and where did you earn your PhD in English? ”
    As far as you’re concerned, in the 4th grade, slappy.

42. Vox Veritas says: Oct 8, 2008 12:35 PM

“Vox: “Lookit” is not recognized as a real word. ”
    No, see, you just don’t want to recognize it as a real word. Why do you think it matters to me what you decide to recognize, anyway?

43. GhostofBuffalo says: Oct 8, 2008 12:39 PM

BoyzRback wants so suck TO’s sack…
    Go ahead! He’ll call you out like he did Garcia.
    Yes he’s a phenomenal physical specimen and receiver
    but….
    TO is a social retard.
    Fact

44. hesawinner says: Oct 8, 2008 12:50 PM

I bet cheerleader/coach Phillips is probably thinking “Dang I sure am glad we won that ballgame. I was gonna have to say somethin’ to him if we lost.”

45. vincelombardi says: Oct 8, 2008 1:40 PM

hey box vaginas, would that include you also or does that just go for anyone who dares criticizes the cowturds?

46. vincelombardi says: Oct 8, 2008 1:46 PM

huh box vaginas, i guess you need to learn how use either a dictionary or google definition of “anointed”. here’s some help, after you see your picture under “anus” go back up to “anointed”.

47. Kevin from Philly says: Oct 8, 2008 2:51 PM

His pastor should schedule an exorcism to get rid of T.O.’s demons. Or, at least his stupidity.

48. TCLARK says: Oct 8, 2008 2:53 PM

This is kind of a cycle for TO. He pushes and pushes issues about himself until media and fans start blasting him, then he does something to try to get some sympathy. I would not call him a thug, but a headcase most definatly. He and Plaxico are one and the same. Except Plax also has a superbowl ring.

49. mborz says: Oct 8, 2008 5:05 PM

This type of post is one of the things this site is known for. And, in every case, when a story like this gets posted, there are a lot of comments just like what can be found here.
    Many of the people who are apparently incensed at some of the TO criticism has received in these comments have posted examples of other players in the NFL who deserve similar criticism (Favre, Plaxico, Marvin Harrison, etc.).
    Now, here’s the funny thing: All of the “other” players mentioned HAVE RECEIVED THE EXACT SAME KIND OF CRITICISM ON THIS VERY SITE! So why weren’t you screaming “racist”, and “hater” when it happened to players you weren’t emotionally invested in?

50. Jackson1 says: Oct 8, 2008 5:58 PM

box vaginas? I hope you didn’t hurt yourself with that one scooter.

51. CameraMan says: Oct 8, 2008 7:27 PM

““Yes, and where did you earn your PhD in English? ”
    As far as you’re concerned, in the 4th grade, slappy.”
    So where you are from getting through the 4th grade constitutes earning a PhD? Now things are falling into place.