ROY WILLIAMS PREDICTS WINLESS SEASON FOR LIONS

Wide receiver Roy Williams, who was traded from Detroit to the Dallas last month, wants his former team to win a game. He just doesn’t see it happening.
“They’re staring 0-16 in the face right now, just going by the schedule,” said Williams, who talks or texts with several of his ex-teammates on a regular basis. “I hope it doesn’t happen, because I think I’m still a part of that team, too. I started out with that team, so if they go 0-16, I’ve got an asterisk by my name on that team. I hope they don’t go 0-16.”
The Lions’ remaining schedule includes home games against Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Minnesota and New Orleans and road trips to Carolina, Indianapolis and Green Bay.
“I don’t see where the one would come,” Williams said. “Maybe Thanksgiving [against the Titans] – the undefeated team vs. the defeated team.”

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill
28 Responses to “ROY WILLIAMS PREDICTS WINLESS SEASON FOR LIONS”
  1. sanman20 says: Nov 12, 2008 2:31 PM

Thanks Roy for stating the obvious.
    -Depressed Lions Fan

2. TCLARK says: Nov 12, 2008 2:32 PM

Has Roy won a game yet this year with either team?

3. PhillySportsDisappoint says: Nov 12, 2008 2:32 PM

No way this moron is becoming an analyst after is dumpy, overpaid career ends.
    Tennessee? Are you serious!
    Shut up and keep defining mediocrity.

4. Ranger481VS says: Nov 12, 2008 2:34 PM

If it comes, it will come via a NFC North division foe — Vikings, more likely than the Packers. Whoever loses to the Lions, man, that would be one tough loss to swallow.

5. techstar25 says: Nov 12, 2008 2:36 PM

As a Bucs fan it pains me to say this, but Tampa Bay almost lost to Kansas City. That has to have Detroit feeling pretty good about their chances.

6. overkil2 says: Nov 12, 2008 2:39 PM

@sanman20, I feel for you and all you lions fans. As a Dolphin fan, last season was nervewracking. Hang in there, The chances of going winless are pretty rare unless you are the 1976 Tampa Bay Bucs or the 1960 Dallas Cowboys. It was also their first year in the league, so like I said, odds are they will win a game.
    One team will go in there thinking it will be a cakewalk and lose.

7. SpartaChris says: Nov 12, 2008 2:41 PM

As much as I’d love to see a team complete the perfect season in reverse, here’s to hoping they get one against Minnesota.

8. monger says: Nov 12, 2008 2:41 PM

9. k-new says: Nov 12, 2008 2:42 PM

Roy should worry more about the Cowboys winning again. I realize that when T. Romo gets back things might change, but they are at the bottom of one of (if not the) toughest divisions in the NFL.

10. bobloblaw says: Nov 12, 2008 2:42 PM

i’d put money on them beating the saints.
    rams were 0-8 last season and the saints made them look like probowlers.

11. Sicknature says: Nov 12, 2008 2:43 PM

Well at least you get an asterisk.

12. Pea Tear Griffin says: Nov 12, 2008 2:48 PM

He should be more worried about the Cowboys going 5-11

13. GZ says: Nov 12, 2008 2:51 PM

wow ‘PhillySportsDisappoint’… I coulda guessed just by your comment that you’re a typical disgruntled Eagles fan.
    Two things:
    1.) RW is a very talented receiver.
    2.) RW speaks rather articulately, and thus could have a career after football.

14. Pea Tear Griffin says: Nov 12, 2008 2:52 PM

@monger
    “The Saints. By week 16 the Saints will have nothing to play for and will be mailing it in. The Lions will win one in front of their home crowd in a game nobody else in the NFL will care about. ”
    Try week 10 buddy.

15. titans_fan says: Nov 12, 2008 2:58 PM

I kinda wouldn’t mind seeing the Titans lose to them, except it’s on Thanksgiving day. They need to at least lose one and I want it to be to an NFC team and I don’t want it to be at home… that only leaves the Lions. Besides I think the players are becoming complacent, wins are getting boring… what better way to wake them up than losing to the worst team in football on national tv? Yeah part of me is thinking “Go Lions!”

16. finch says: Nov 12, 2008 3:07 PM

We should make a PFT Law to never ever make fun of Lions fans. It simply isn’t right. Any diehard fan of the Lions is more diehard then a fan of any other team.
    It is however, totally appropriate, and actually encouraged, to make fun of Bengal fans. Because they suck.
    GO Steelers. Please Ben, stop sucking.

17. MaineMan says: Nov 12, 2008 3:12 PM

@techstar25 —
    KC also nearly beat SD and did beat DEN. They have a lot of raw talent that’s still coming together. I could see them going 4-3 or even 6-1 the rest of the way. Anyway, the Saints better be on their game this weekend.

18. vikingsfront4 says: Nov 12, 2008 3:13 PM

hey i got them winning this week…i need an upset no one else will do lol

19. empty13 says: Nov 12, 2008 3:14 PM

They will probly still win a game.
    Doubtful on the road. Not indy, but indy isn’t a worldbeater anymore. Carolina looked like crap vs the raiders. Lions are still more explosive than oakland. Doubt at green bay, too cold.
    More likely at home. I doubt tennessee. But the saints haven’t won on the road other than their fake home game in london. Tampa is not an impressive road team. And neither are the vikes.

20. marcduke says: Nov 12, 2008 3:15 PM

@monger
    Couldn’t Brees be in line for a couple of single season QB records by then? If he’s close, the Saints’ll light the Lions up like the 4th of July.

21. nfldraftman says: Nov 12, 2008 3:24 PM

I personally am hoping for an 11-0 Titans v 0-11 Lions game. It will either be the upset of the year or…well I have to get a nap in sometime.

22. Fab5Philly says: Nov 12, 2008 3:30 PM

Don’t worry about your ex teammates Roy, you’ll still be able to watch the playoffs on your couch with them.

23. Ron_Noel says: Nov 12, 2008 3:34 PM

24. arosen36 says: Nov 12, 2008 4:21 PM

that was a classy move, talking about your old team like that, what do the lions and cowboys have in common, BOTH ARE NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR

25. kurt37 says: Nov 12, 2008 4:32 PM

id personaly hate to see a team go 0-16, however, 1 season after a team goes 16-0 to have a team go 0-16 would be intersting.

26. reo says: Nov 12, 2008 5:07 PM

“Roy once tipped me $1 when I delieved pizza to his house. what an a-hole scumbag ”
    Consider yourself lucky for getting ANY kind of tip since he’s talked before about how he doesn’t believe in tipping. Said something about how they get a pay check so he doesn’t see the need in tipping too… I use to think he was an ass for it but now I think he just doesn’t realize that some people live off tips… not their paycheck.
    That being said… Tennessee?? Out of all those other teams, he picks the undefeated one?? And no, there’s no way I want the Titans to lose to the freakin Lions.

27. Vox Veritas says: Nov 12, 2008 5:25 PM

Wow, look at all of the comments from the last-place Eagirl fans! Gotta love the hatred…

28. reo says: Nov 12, 2008 6:16 PM

“Oh, and if you find yourself in a job that pays so low that you need tips to survive, pretty safe to say that you’re the guy that screwed up your life, not the millionaire NFL wide receiver. ”
    Waitresses, waiters and bartenders (among others) a lot of time make below minimum wage b/c they get tipped so much. No reason to be an ass and say they screwed up their life just b/c they’re not making millions. They can still make a pretty good wage w/ tips.