49ERS-BILLS ONE-LINERS

The 49ers played like a team molded in interim coach Mike Singletary’s image.
“I told them it was an ugly win but it is a win and we’ll take it any day,” Singletary said.
Ex-Bills Nate Clements and Takeo Spikes enjoyed their return to Buffalo.
RB Frank Gore was kind of grumpy after rushing for only 66 yards on 24 carries and fumbling twice.
The San Francisco defense held a Bills team coming off a 54-point performance to a field goal.
“It’s going to be hard to sleep and hard to get this taste out of our mouths,” Bills DE Chris Kelsay said.
Folks are pointing the finger at offensive coordinator Turk Schonert.
K Rian Lindell blamed himself after missing two field goals inside 40 yards.
We didn’t deserve to win anyway,” backup QB J.P. Losman said.
Starting QB Trent Edwards spent the second half on the sideline because of a groin injury.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers
7 Responses to “49ERS-BILLS ONE-LINERS”
  1. Pea Tear Griffin says: Dec 1, 2008 3:40 PM

K Rian Lindell blamed himself after missing two field goals inside 40 yards.
    It wouldn’t have made a difference.

2. RaiderMight says: Dec 1, 2008 3:46 PM

Gore has killed my fantasy team two straight weeks now. Win or lose, he doesn’t produce much. The LT of the NFC.

3. George C says: Dec 1, 2008 3:51 PM

I’m just wondering how it must feel to have a capable head coach.. You know, someone who could actually believe in, and who can inspire a team with his leadership skills, and someone that gives your players a real shot to win. You know, someone who can judge talent on draft day..
    I think I can imagine how it must feel to be able to have a talent team filled with draft picks that actually panned out, and even some leaders, but I’m just not sure it will ever become a reality for me…
    Signed,
    A Bills fan……

4. Beastie Bills says: Dec 1, 2008 3:55 PM

Pea Tear Griffin says:
    “It wouldn’t have made a difference. ”
    Sure it would have. If he had made both of those field goals (one of which was shorter than an extra point, the other was a 40 yarder), the Bills would’ve have had to go for it on 4th and 2 from the San Francisco 7 yard line in the 4th quarter. They could’ve kicked another chip-shot field goal for a grand total of 12 pathetic points.
    It doesn’t matter though, the teams performance was absolutely pathetic, and they didn’t deserve to win anyways.

5. Tom says: Dec 1, 2008 3:55 PM

I don’t know how many of you saw the game, but JP Losman is a QB that I don’t particularly care for. He constantly looked lost and when his scrambling abilities were one of his touted perks he should be able to get away from defenders rather than into them. Every time a play broke down, Losman would run with his head down into the first defender he saw, the line gave up 3 sacks because he couldn’t 1) throw it away or 2) run away. He is pathetic.
    To have JP be quoted as saying, “We didn’t deserve to win anyway,” just solidifies, for me at least, the fact that he can’t play QB and that he just doesn’t get it.

6. SoCal Bengal says: Dec 1, 2008 4:03 PM

what a POS team the Bills are… I took them in my suicide pool.

7. roscoeparrishfan1994 says: Dec 1, 2008 5:22 PM

Hey everybody. if lindell made his field goals and shonert didnt call crap plays bills woud’ve had a chance. weather didnt help either. Bad game plan on shonerts part. at the end of the 3rd quarter MARSHAWN LYNCH had 15 carries for 133 yards rushing. He got one carry in the fourth quarter,only one….