'SKINS SCALP ERASMUS JAMES

A league source tells us that the Washington Redskins have released defensive end Erasmus James.
James was traded by the Vikings to the Redskins in May 2008 for a conditional seventh-round draft pick, after the Vikings had waived him and then rescinded the move.
The former Wisconsin defender was one of Minnesota’s two first-round picks in 2005.  The other?  Receiver Troy Williamson.
Ugh.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
18 Responses to “'SKINS SCALP ERASMUS JAMES”
  1. Blahman64 says: Dec 9, 2008 7:03 PM

All Troy Williamson needs is training… that will probably take about 10 years to teach him how to catch a ball.
    Sucks that Erasmus James faded away like this, I thought he was going to be a great player, but injuries were big setbacks.

2. Finalyst says: Dec 9, 2008 7:10 PM

The Redskins are super dumb when it comes to trades. This reminds me of the old Brandon Lloyd trade. He’s going to be the next Art Monk right?

3. Colinito says: Dec 9, 2008 7:22 PM

Yes, as bad as the 06 draft was for us Vikings fans, at least it wasn’t 05. Luckily, Spielman is doing a pretty good job right now for us.

4. Osterhouse says: Dec 9, 2008 7:23 PM

Blahmnan I hope the Williamson thing was sarcasm cuz the guy has been everywhere for training on how to watch a ball and even had his eyes checked by nike…its probably the fact that he cant handle the pressure of playing in an NFL game and he just freaks out and drops it.

5. PhinInCanada says: Dec 9, 2008 7:24 PM

Hey Florio !
    Please tell me you’re not gonna start showing pictures of this
    guy’s wang.

6. mallet21 says: Dec 9, 2008 7:43 PM

Sucksassmus is lazy bum. You could tell when he was in Minny that football for him was not a priority.

7. ABROWNSFAN says: Dec 9, 2008 7:49 PM

Real classy with the headline, florio

8. PhinInCanada says: Dec 9, 2008 9:53 PM

Finalyst says:
    December 9th, 2008 at 7:10 pm
    I disagree. I think they’re awesome when it comes to trades.
    They’re giving Miami a 2nd and a 6th for Jason Taylor.

9. WetHog says: Dec 9, 2008 10:11 PM

Who got cut? I wonder what the “conditional” in conditional 7th round pick means? I think I saw him suit up for 1 game maybe. Consdering what the Skins have starting on the line right now, no QB pressure, Mr. James must really be washed up. Sad.

10. bdub says: Dec 9, 2008 10:38 PM

I disagree. I think they’re awesome when it comes to trades.
    They’re giving Miami a 2nd and a 6th for Jason Taylor
    haha miami got a freaking steal. jason taylor is an absolute bum this year.

11. garyofferdahl says: Dec 9, 2008 11:09 PM

Vernon Gholston, and his 12 tackles, is on his way to join him after his rookie contract is up.

12. Joe 6-pack says: Dec 9, 2008 11:29 PM

Does this mean he’s going to start talking trash about the Redskins now too and how they were mean to him while he was there?
    I think the condition of the trade was, correct me if I’m wrong, that he had to make it onto the 53-man roster by the start of the season in order for the Vikes to get the pick. Which wasn’t too bad, they get something for nothing.

13. East Bay Ray says: Dec 9, 2008 11:33 PM

ABROWNSFAN says:
    December 9th, 2008 at 7:49 pm
    “Real classy with the headline, florio”
    Hey, when reporting on the team with the most racist name in all of sports, a crass headline is called for. Blame it on the Washington franchise. Can you imagine if there was a team name of the Blackskins? Or Brownskins? Or Yellowskins? It only makes it more ironic that this name represents the team in our nation’s capital.

14. Gergie says: Dec 10, 2008 1:12 AM

Didn’t he blow out his knee in MN. Which pretty much ended his short career. I was surprised the Deadskins even wasted their time on him.

15. Bob_Nelson says: Dec 10, 2008 10:17 AM

Obviously the conditional part of the “trade” will not be met.
    The Redskins will not pay the vikings anything for the temporary use of a first round pick.
    The Vikings who are in such desparate need of a QB could have picked Aaron Rodgers instead of either Williamson or Erasmus James in that 05 draft. They got the 7th overall pick in a great trade away of Randy Moss. Yet they wasted the pick.
    In the last 15 years or so the Vikings have really stunk at drafting defensive linemen. They have nearly a 100% bust rate on all of them.

16. smiley says: Dec 10, 2008 10:55 AM

That was a nice paycheck for doing nothing.

17. jmorand47 says: Dec 10, 2008 11:02 AM

Bob Nelson, you are so right. The Vikings suck at drafting
    DEs. Wasn’t some DE out of Troy on the board at the time
    Minnesota was wasting a pick on Williamson? Hmmm. It’s no
    wonder Minnesota sent so much to KC for Jared Allen. It
    costs much more not too.

18. Justin Case says: Dec 10, 2008 1:22 PM

Bob_Nelson says:
    December 10th, 2008 at 10:17 am
    Obviously the conditional part of the “trade” will not be met.
    ————–
    Wrong again, Boob. The condition was that James had to be active for only one game. He ended up being active for five. Now shut up or I’ll send Dimitrius Underwood after you with his steak knife.