OWENS ANGRY WITH ROMO AND WITTEN?

Three Dallas Cowboy wideouts met with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett this afternoon to discuss their role in the offense. Terrell Owens, Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams have taken a back seat to Jason Witten over the last few weeks. Garrett called it a productive meeting and Crayton tried to downplay any negative spin.
“It was a good chance to get all the stuff out in the air and see how everyone feels so we can get on the same page and be a better offense,” Crayton said. “It was the first time we did it. We spoke to him a couple times individually like on the field and practices and it was a time to get in there and talk. Nothing negative about it.”
Ed Werder of ESPN, however, is reporting that sources within the Cowboys organization are saying that Owens is jealous of Witten’s relationship with Tony Romo. According to Werder’s sources, T.O. believes that Romo and Witten meet privately to discuss the offense and devise plays which leave Owens on the outside.
An anonymous Cowboy spoke about the issue with Werder.
“He’s insecure about it,” the player said of Owens. “The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it’s always something with him — San Fran, Philly and here; always something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurd and Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn’t really know these guys. TO talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball. That’s so far from the truth. You think Tony is throwing to him because that’s his buddy? His best buddy is Bobby Carpenter, and that’s not helping him too much. It’s crazy to think that, and I hate that he acts that way.”
Another team source told Werder that Owens failed to run a route to completion against Pittsburgh, leading to a Troy Polamalu interception. After the game, which the Cowboys lost on another Romo interception, Owens told reporters “It’s his job to go out there and assess what the defense is, and he made that decision.”
The anonymous player also spoke to Werder about Romo’s response.
“To be completely honest, I just think Tony is over it; not like, ‘Screw it.’ But I think Tony is over the mind games,”’ the player said. “It would help if Tony would stand up to him, but he would never do it. He does a great job of ignoring it and not letting it affect him, and that’s why it has worked as good as it has. It’s just hard. I think right now everybody is to the point where, “We’re going to need him, so let’s not piss him off.”

Permalink 103 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill
103 Responses to “OWENS ANGRY WITH ROMO AND WITTEN?”
  1. GeauxSaints12 says: Dec 11, 2008 5:21 PM

Don’t be mad that Romo and Witten are more important then you. Its ok I mean them and Barber are your best chance to make it to the playoffs. I mean isnt winning the most important thing to you…….

2. mekono says: Dec 11, 2008 5:22 PM

This is such a shock. T.O. and his QB.
    Romo is just another. Things will never change.

3. Polarmute says: Dec 11, 2008 5:25 PM

Owens creating problems???? Noooooo, he never does that.

4. Rob0769 says: Dec 11, 2008 5:27 PM

Color me shocked! I gotta laugh at Colin Cowherd. He predicted that the Pats would fall apart with Brady down because they were too tightly wound and then pointed to the Cowboys as a team that could weather adversity and roll with the punches and get through any problems with no problem. Apparently, Cowherd had awoken from his decade long coma at that point and missed TO’s “high points” in Philly and San Fran.
    Seriously, with a locker room cancer like TO and a wishy-washy head coach like Wad Phillips, the only shocking thing is that it has taken this long for the team to start to come apart at the seams.

5. Mistress Rachael says: Dec 11, 2008 5:37 PM

Mix selfish players with a weak & poor coaching staff….and you get a team not making playoffs.
    TO has issues

6. jimicos says: Dec 11, 2008 5:39 PM

And in other news, cancer is up again this year. Some of it can even be found in the Dallas Cowboys lockerroom.
    Same old story with TO. He’s all smiles when they’re winning games AND he’s a big part of it. But if they lose a few games and he thinks he’s not getting the ball enough, look out. I’m sure some apologists will come on here and say he’s a true competitor and all that… But this is TO’s MO. It happened in San Fran and Philly, now it’s happening in Dallas. He’s a headcase.

7. MNFANINAZ says: Dec 11, 2008 5:39 PM

Love it, love it, love it!!!

8. Gergie says: Dec 11, 2008 5:41 PM

“T.O. believes that Romo and Witten meet privately to discuss the offense and devise plays which leave Owens on the outside.”
    Is TOs helmet lined with tinfoil?

9. screaming sheep says: Dec 11, 2008 5:43 PM

Imploshion in 4….3….2…..1….

10. cowboysean says: Dec 11, 2008 5:46 PM

well, TO had a TD and Romo threw some picks….and Witten was pointing the finger at himself….but TO still needs to shut up and be a team player

11. wils0646 says: Dec 11, 2008 5:47 PM

Terrell Owens? A beef with his quarterback? I’m in disbelief.

12. Mbehavin2 says: Dec 11, 2008 5:47 PM

You know there will be a lot of comments.

13. ROMO4PRES says: Dec 11, 2008 5:48 PM

T.O. has got to go.
    Can’t work with him.
    Can’t talk with him.
    Can’t win with him.
    Don’t want him.
    He totally messes up the chemistry on any team he’s on.
    Trouble is, Jerry is blind to it all.

14. flyingvien says: Dec 11, 2008 5:51 PM

This just in – Terrell Owens in an asshole.

15. redneckjon says: Dec 11, 2008 5:51 PM

Go Figure!!!! lol I’m glad our team doesn’t have him..

16. oigetit says: Dec 11, 2008 5:55 PM

It was only a matter of time.

17. CountSnail says: Dec 11, 2008 5:55 PM

What a bunch of melodrama. Is this an NFL lockeroom, or the lockeroom in High School Musical. “OMG, Tony is totally into Jason, and he hates me now! This is soooo not cool!”
    Hey T.O., guys like Johnny Unitas and Raymond Berry had film study sessions together in their free time, which played a big part in them becoming the best QB-WR duo of their era. I bet you wouldn’t put in 5 extra minutes.

18. fuzzy dunlop says: Dec 11, 2008 5:59 PM

What else is new? Was there an over/under on how many weeks it would take for this to happen? I’m sure no one would have made a bet on the over.

19. sportsprofessor says: Dec 11, 2008 5:59 PM

This from the guy who hinted at his QB being gay in San Fran? I am not sayin, I’m just sayin. Seems to me this is a pattern, and this level of jealousy is only seen in romantic relationships. At least it is romantic in one party’s mind. Hmmmm…
    Just sayin…

20. otero1 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:00 PM

21. The Jugulator says: Dec 11, 2008 6:01 PM

Maybe TO can pass Tony a note between classes, letting him know he is his BFF, or maybe make him a leather wallet in crafts.
    That would be just the best!

22. UnsportsmanlikeConduct says: Dec 11, 2008 6:04 PM

Wasn’t it just a season ago T.O. was getting emotional and telling us that that was “his quarterback” and “his teammate”? In the words of Vince Lomabardi, “What the hell is going on out there?”

23. jarhead_jed says: Dec 11, 2008 6:07 PM

Whatever, Werder is just pissed because Owens refuses to answer any of his questions. I do not trust the credibility of anything that ESPN reports.

24. RyanHarris says: Dec 11, 2008 6:08 PM

No way, TO has a problem with one of his QB’s? Im shocked.

25. downsouth49er says: Dec 11, 2008 6:08 PM

the guy is going to blow in the off-season…it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he isn’t in dallas next year

26. debo says: Dec 11, 2008 6:09 PM

More drama from Jerry kids!

27. ebr362 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:11 PM

Just curious, How much of that 25 million reasons to live are left? Just wondering…..

28. zachintosh says: Dec 11, 2008 6:11 PM

my 5 years old son can teach him the “stomp his feet as he walks out the room” trick…
    crybaby

29. B-dawk says: Dec 11, 2008 6:14 PM

WOW, You mean to say that T.O. is having issues with his QB, I’m shocked……HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! How many times did we hear from Cowboys fans that it would never, EVER happen in Big D like it happened with McNabb and Garcia. T.O. is a CANCER!!! He may not get arrested or do drugs but he does destroy teams. This Cowboys team is filled with fragile pysches as it is, now with T.O. ready to throw his 3rd QB under the bus, watch this team crumble. Get out your popcorn!

30. daaa birds says: Dec 11, 2008 6:15 PM

i literally laughed out loud when i read this…it got hilarious the second it said “Owens is jealous of Witten’s relationship with Tony Romo.” Being “jealous” of others went out of fashion halfway through high school. Fortunately for the Cowboys T.O.’s age will probably start to catch up with him soon, the same way Jerry Rice’s did

31. DROLDSCHOOL says: Dec 11, 2008 6:15 PM

As a lifelong loyal Cowboys fan, I say this with my head hung low… Just join the WWE already with all this stupid drama. I know the franchise has always had its share of this kind of stuff, but it’s just too much anymore. I’d almost rather have the Campo era inconsistency and awful record than hear about this garbage. The really sad part is, there will never be any kind of real discipline or end to this junk as long as JR, err JJ, is running the show.

32. tmny99 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:16 PM

I saw this brewing watching the game on Sunday. TO was pissesd when the ball went to Whitten in the crucial times of the game.

33. jersey73 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:18 PM

Does T.O. feel like a jilted lover?
    NEXT QUESTION
    Is Owens & Romo’s relationship in jeopardy?
    NEXT QUESTION

34. titans_fan says: Dec 11, 2008 6:25 PM

This is way better than a TO media implosion! Back a few weeks ago when it looked TO would snap any day… and he didn’t… I was discouraged. But now it looks like this will prove to be worth the wait! Christmas has come early!

35. Tex Big Balls says: Dec 11, 2008 6:26 PM

Anonymous Cowboys = Keyshawn?
    I wouldn’t put it past Ed Werder or KJ.

36. TonyDent says: Dec 11, 2008 6:27 PM

T.O. is an insecure dude. You had to know this when you brought him into your organization. Give him the damn ball! Otherwise you will be dealing with this BS. (I can’t believe the T.O. haters aren’t already out in full force on this one).

37. SpartaChris says: Dec 11, 2008 6:29 PM

The quote should read, “He’s insecure.” the player said of Owens.

38. steelerfan9598 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:30 PM

Once an A-hole, always an A-hole. Period. Somewhere McNabb and Garcia are laughing.

39. danpfeiffer says: Dec 11, 2008 6:30 PM

T.O = self-centered little bitch

40. slutnuts says: Dec 11, 2008 6:31 PM

wow. like a train wreck i do not want to keep my eyes off of this story. will t.o. flip in the locker room trying to discover who the talker is? will tony romo go to witten even more, all the while laughing about it with jason. will roy williams even realize he’s a receiver. all this and more on the next episode of Dallas.
    cue the music…doooooooooo do dooooooo do do do do dooooooo do doooo dooooo dooooo doooo do dooooo
    (thats my sad attempt at the theme music)

41. east96st says: Dec 11, 2008 6:32 PM

Maybe if Crayton and Owens didn’t drop so many passes, Romo wouldn’t HAVE TO throw so many to Witten. Can’t blame Romo here, he’s just throwing to his best and most consistent teammate.

42. TheDPR says: Dec 11, 2008 6:36 PM

Eagles fan here LMAO!!!
    I can’t decide which I hate worse, TO or the Cowboys.

43. Kotite says: Dec 11, 2008 6:37 PM

This sounds vaguely familiar…

44. AreYouJoking says: Dec 11, 2008 6:39 PM

Is it me or does this story just scream BS? Not 24 hours after TO trashed ESPN’s golden boys, they come out with a new TO story? And it’s being reported by the guy TO won’t even talk to?

45. teejones41 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:40 PM

Paranoid much TO? Must be smoking a little bit too much weed. I have never heard of such an egotistical player, scratch that, person. I bet he looks at himself in the mirror 2 hours a day.

46. 12thman says: Dec 11, 2008 6:40 PM

Let the TO-plosion begin!

47. CowboysLawyer says: Dec 11, 2008 6:44 PM

I absolutely hate the “anonymous source.” Seriously, how do we know that Ed Werder is not just making this story up? Oh, wait… BREAKING NEWS…. Anonymous sources at ESPN report that Ed Werder is mad that he isn’t a host of one of ESPN’s shows. Sources say Werder is angry with the Network and has threatened to leave… See how easy that was.

48. TOwens33 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:46 PM

Let me preface this my saying, I’m not THAT T. Owens. Its common knowledge at Valley Ranch that Terrell Owens will not acknowledge Ed Werder. Ed Werder is part of the ESPN ‘Machine’ that beats a story into the ground. Ed has been quiet lately. Ed needs to creat another story for the ‘machine. I call B.S. Note; Florio would never beat a story into the ground (or somehow try to tie it to a Seinfeld segment)

49. Simdogga77 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:47 PM

And….here….we….go….

50. unclaimedfright says: Dec 11, 2008 6:48 PM

Hahaha! As a Philly fan, this is wonderful. Get your popcorn ready, TO is getting ready to blow up another team!

51. JohnnyH says: Dec 11, 2008 6:52 PM

Leprechaun standing on T.O.’s shoulder whispering into his ear: BURN IT! BURN IT ALL LAD! BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND!
    And so it begins (again)…

52. The Jimmy says: Dec 11, 2008 6:54 PM

Regarding the Polomalu interception, the guys on the radio broadcast were saying that it looked like Owens pulled up and didn’t put his hands out because he was afraid of getting jacked if he went for the ball. I didn’t see it so I just have that to go by.
    I’m not saying this to insult him or try to be funny, but I seriously believe he may have some kind of mental problems.

53. Shackman says: Dec 11, 2008 6:56 PM

And exactly why would anyone be surprised by Owen’s comments and behavior? It’s not like he hasn’t been down that road before.

54. kayC says: Dec 11, 2008 6:56 PM

Even after the fiascos in San Francisco and Philadelphia, I had a lot of respect for T.O. as a player and as a competitor. For me, that respect is disappearing rapidly.

55. antneejay2 says: Dec 11, 2008 6:57 PM

Yeah, boy. If the Eagles just anteed up, Terrell would still be there. Damn the bad luck.

56. bdinphoenix says: Dec 11, 2008 7:06 PM

I don’t believe that T.O. has issues with Romo. After all, sniff, sniff, that is his quarterback man, sniff, sniff. It just isn’t fair, sniff, sniff, that people keep talking about him like this. T.O. gets along with his quarterbacks. Just ask Jeff Garcia. Uh wait, don’t ask him, ask Donovan McNabb. Uh, no, don’t ask him either. Talk to Drew Bledsoe man. Oh wait, don’t talk to him either. Dallas deserves TzerO.

57. CaptainFantastik says: Dec 11, 2008 7:07 PM

Is that a meteor I see streaking across the sky!? Oh no, it’s just the Dallas Cowboys plummeting back to Earth in flames.

58. maskedman says: Dec 11, 2008 7:07 PM

T.O. = A-Hole

59. pfitz says: Dec 11, 2008 7:09 PM

Owens is a problem for every QB he has ever played for.He is not worth the problem.Crayton drops as many as he catches so he should just shut his mouth and be happy he still has a job.I dont know how any QB could stand playing with that anchor TO around their neck..

60. vincelombardi says: Dec 11, 2008 7:16 PM

huh.?…(TO)” is jealous of whitten’s relationship with tony homo”.. wasn’t it TO that called out jeff garcia??? well you know the old saying….”it takes one to know one”……

61. phillyinsd says: Dec 11, 2008 7:27 PM

Dear Dallas Cowboys:
    Hahahahahahaha.
    Love,
    The Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers.

62. denver_high says: Dec 11, 2008 7:33 PM

One wish for Christmas? That Terrel gets his ass kicked by this team. Preferably I’d like them to use bars of soap wrapped in socks.
    After that Jerry Jones will spit on him, along with Jeff Garcia. This will allow him to feel the disrespect he shows everyone else. This is just one man’s opinion.

63. Vox Veritas says: Dec 11, 2008 7:45 PM

“Another team source told Werder that Owens failed to run a route to completion against Pittsburgh, leading to a Troy Polamalu interception. ”
    That’s funny, I thought it was throwing into triple coverage that led to the interception.

64. Vox Veritas says: Dec 11, 2008 7:47 PM

“Vox Veritas – Before you get too started on defending Owens. This would have happened with ANY TEAM that signed him. It was not a question of IF more of WHEN and frankly he lasted a lot longer than I thought he would.”
    Dude, how many times have you made a post like this in the past couple of years?

65. Vox Veritas says: Dec 11, 2008 7:48 PM

Not surprising that Werder would come up with something like this. Why is every reporter that covers the Cowboys a Skip Bayless type?

66. empty13 says: Dec 11, 2008 7:48 PM

Scenes from dallas…
    T.O.; tony’s not my quarterback anymore… Sniffle sniffle… Well I am just going to sashay in and give jason a piece of my mind. Come on, girls!
    //////////
    I bet romo is tired of all T.O.’s gay crapola like most everyone else is.
    ////////
    I will bet u crayton and roy e don’t prep worth jack. And she-ho is back to shortarming balls all over again.

67. antneejay2 says: Dec 11, 2008 7:49 PM

“Is it me or does this story just scream BS?” – AreYouJoking
    It’s you.

68. Vox Veritas says: Dec 11, 2008 7:49 PM

“The more I think about it, the more I think the Cowboys fans who said Philly screwed the pooch with Terrell are right. All they had to do was throw money at him and he would be a model citizen. Look at the miracle effect Jerah’s 25 million reasons performed.”
    Let me know when he’s doing situps in his driveway and calling the QB a jealous pussy.

69. Vox Veritas says: Dec 11, 2008 7:52 PM

“The Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers. ”

70. SpartaChris says: Dec 11, 2008 7:52 PM

>>otero1 says:
    December 11th, 2008 at 6:00 pm
    …and of course PFT jumps on anything anti-Cowboy. All teams have problems like this. Hell look at the Jaguars..<<
    Yeah, but two things you’re overlooking:
    1) The Jaguars don’t walk around like their shit don’t stink, thinking they are the greatest thing to walk the planet.
    2) No one gives a shit about the Jaguars.

71. CaptainFantastik says: Dec 11, 2008 7:57 PM

I think TO is just jealous that Romo and Witten didn’t invite him to go hang at the Peach Pit with Dillon, Brandon, Kelly, Donna, and Brenda.

72. Rossy P says: Dec 11, 2008 8:01 PM

Owens is a retard! He hasn’t taken his meds lately.

73. pfitz says: Dec 11, 2008 8:05 PM

Hey the jimmy,Bill Walsh thought the same thing.He asked him to get mental help 3 times and he refused..Remember he also tried to kill himself too..

74. smilergrogan says: Dec 11, 2008 8:14 PM

this was probably the only meeting all season for which t.o. arrived on time and awake.
    boy, i bet jerry is glad now that he gave up a one and a three to give t.o. a co-conspirator.
    someone at valley ranch should refer ‘big t’ to his new york times bestseller “Little T Learns to Share” for guidance

75. Hollywood Wags says: Dec 11, 2008 8:15 PM

This guy is so goddamn weird.
    Where is Mr. Apologist for the Cryboys Aikman to help smooth things out with Tony Romo and TO?
    The giggling Troy was making all kinds of excuses for the Cryboys last Sunday, pathetic.

76. onanygivensunday says: Dec 11, 2008 8:17 PM

What did Jerry Jones think when he bought this high priced misfits. Misfits don’t fit in no matter how much you pay them and how much you engage them n team sports…they’re misfits.

77. westclaims says: Dec 11, 2008 8:19 PM

HELLO FROM ARIZONA

78. antneejay2 says: Dec 11, 2008 8:31 PM

That Box Bursitis dude seems to be taking this one particularly hard. I was looking forward to his snappy rejoinders (read: inane drivel), but now I find myself pitying the guy (gal?). The person’s tone is even more edgy and defensive than usual.
    My wife works with people who have serious mental and emotional issues. It just tears your heart out to see the way some of them hurt.

79. Mammothfan says: Dec 11, 2008 8:34 PM

If I were his coach I would trade him to the lions.

80. Skew says: Dec 11, 2008 8:35 PM

fuzzy dunlop says:
    December 11th, 2008 at 5:59 pm
    ————————————————————–
    I had Under 8&1/2 weeks, so I lost. But I’ve been READY.
    *goes to push the “popcorn” button on the microwave*

81. phillyinsd says: Dec 11, 2008 8:46 PM

“The Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers. ”
    “That’s funny… two laughingstocks laughing at a team that already beat the shit out of both of them. Enjoy your searches for a new coach, losers.”
    HAH! I love when Dallas fans can’t take it. Beat the shit out of the Eagles? If I remember correctly, which I do, that was a thriller of a game that came down to the last minutes of the 4th quarter. Beat the Eagles, yes. Beat the shit out of them, no way.
    BTW, you think Wade Phillips’ job is safe? Haha. Dallas fans…you crack me up.

82. Bill In DC says: Dec 11, 2008 8:48 PM

LOL at the pavlovian responses. Whenever Mike wants more hits all he does is post a TO item. The hits just keep on coming!
    You guys are really funny.

83. seahawks4life says: Dec 11, 2008 9:09 PM

Who cares about T.O. or the lame cowgirls? Seriously…
    Only two things come from Texas: steers and queers.
    Now kiss and make up, girls.

84. ppdoc says: Dec 11, 2008 9:18 PM

Cancer! Needs to be CUT OUT! This guy may be a “great” wide receiver, but he is without doubt the biggest qb killing cancer I have seen in my 40 years of watching the NFL. Can anyone think of another player with so much talent who can have such a negative impact?

85. wizskinscaps says: Dec 11, 2008 9:19 PM

god he is such a little girl

86. 2smart2bchezhead says: Dec 11, 2008 9:26 PM

Send him to the Raiders. It’s basically the career noose he can hang himself with. Save yourselves Cowboys you don’t need him.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M

87. westclaims says: Dec 11, 2008 9:26 PM

HELLO FROM SUNNY ARIZONA. What a shame all this is starting up. Just Breaks my heart. The GIRLS aren’t getting in this year. How ’bout them cowgirls

88. east96st says: Dec 11, 2008 9:34 PM

“Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
    T.O. as the Joker in Dark Knight II? The guy would be a natural.

89. 56lightsout56 says: Dec 11, 2008 9:59 PM

has T.O. referred to Romo as being ghay yet?
    man that team been a debacled……

90. fmfnavydoc says: Dec 11, 2008 10:15 PM

Trauma Drama in Dallas…Say it ain’t so!!! What else is new..TO is being MeO again … “They won’t throw me the ball”…”I’m not in the teams plans”…”Tony don’t like me no more”… Dude needs to shut up and perform on the field.

91. south-fl-steel says: Dec 11, 2008 10:15 PM

look at stupid vox. i knew he’d defend to the bitter end. and oh my how the end is quickly coming. the cowboys could be found to employ a team full of pediphiles and vox would say, “hey, those kids were lonely and needed the company. nothing wrong with my ‘boys!”
    what a tool. both vox and lil’ t.o.

92. leemuncy says: Dec 11, 2008 10:29 PM

colin cowherd is
    the greatest contra indicator since
    Adam Schein.
    T.O. im glad he’s a cowboy.
    couldnt happen to a finer owner and franchise.
    wonder what ole Jerry would do if after the season
    Romo walks in and says
    ‘whos it going to be boss?”

93. NR4 says: Dec 11, 2008 10:31 PM

…is reporting that sources within the Cowboys organization are saying that Owens is jealous of Witten’s relationship with Tony Romo….
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    TO: That’s my quarterback. sniff sniff. Where’s my dress? Jeff Garcia’s gay! That’s rat, not me! sniff sniff (pathetic wimpering)

94. NR4 says: Dec 11, 2008 10:39 PM

I’d like to add to my previous comment on TO, I’m not saying he’s gay, I’m just saying he’s acting it. Not that there’s anything wrong with that (End of political correctness).

95. Sociofan says: Dec 11, 2008 10:42 PM

The ultimate turd.

96. TransplantedFan says: Dec 11, 2008 11:39 PM

While Werder is totally on the outs in Dallas, I do want to point out that using “anonymous sources” is a pretty common thing in journalism. Guaranteeing a source anonymity often allows that source to discuss topics without fear of reprisal. Additionally, sometimes an anonymous source contacts the journalist to leak information. Read political news. You see anonymous sources all the time. Its pretty common.
    Also, to say the Eagles are a laughing stock is going a little out on a limb. The Cowboys did not “beat the shit” out of them. I think the score was 41-37. A loss yes, but not a terrible one. Plus, the Eagles did just beat the Giants pretty handily. Additionally, the 49’ers are getting a little respect because Singletary actually has them playing hard. Its something small, but people are noticing.
    Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there. Back to reading about Blagojevich.

97. TransplantedFan says: Dec 11, 2008 11:51 PM

Oh, and like it or not, but you’re the Cowboys. Everything is news. The Jaguars are having problems with their receivers? Who cares! Its the Jaguars! In 5 years they’ll be in a different city with a different name. TO farted into the microphone? Stop the presses! Call Peter King! When Romo busted his pinkie, it was the biggest story for 2 weeks. So, like it or not, but everything your team does is news. Got to give Jerry Jones credit, he’s got everybody watching.

98. radneck says: Dec 12, 2008 2:07 AM

@ DROLDSCHOOL,
    Did you go to USUHS?

99. Bob Loblaw says: Dec 12, 2008 2:12 AM

Best thing about this story is all of you loooooooooosers who have gone through and rated every Pro-Cowboys post with a 1 and every Cowboys bashing post with a 5…
    Like it will make a difference!
    You have officially LOST at the game of life.
    PS – Gimme a “1” please.

100. mrmagoo says: Dec 12, 2008 5:49 AM

Vox Veritas says:
    December 11th, 2008 at 7:48 pm
    ________________________________
    Media out to get you there, big guy? The fact that your mediocre franchise has a collection of dumbasses on it probably has nothing to do with the coverage you get. The problem with the Cowboys is that the fans expectations are so far beyond the ability of the people running things that it’s impossible to reconcile. The Cowboys are the Notre Dame of pro football.
    Bob Loblaw? I just gave you a 1. I regret that I have but 1 1 to give you. That makes you number 1 in my book.
    P.S. Evidently it is making a difference as it bothered you enough that you felt compelled to post about it.

101. DAWKPHAN says: Dec 12, 2008 7:09 AM

There is nothing funnier than a Whining cowboy fan! boo hoo were so great that everybody hates us WAAAAAA! their all jealous WAAAA!
    GROW UP!

102. limitedgoods says: Dec 12, 2008 8:49 AM

TO is a little kid.

103. Mbehavin2 says: Dec 12, 2008 11:10 AM

Must be a really great holiday season for Drew Rosenhaus: Plax and Owens!
    No Comment!