T.O.: ROMO'S MY BOY

Terrell Owens says everything is cool between him and Tony Romo — for now at least.
In an interview during Thursday night’s Wizards-Lakers game on TNT, T.O. was asked about his relationship with his quarterback.
“We’re good,” Owens said, per our own Tim MacMahon of the Dallas Morning News. “Obviously, there were some things said during the course of the season, but that’s my boy.”
Owens was also asked about offseason speculation that the Cowboys could release him.
“You know what, I’m going to be a Cowboy until I retire,” he said per The Starting Five. “As far as the coaching changes, right now, I’m sure Jerry Jones is evaluating a lot of things and hopefully we can get people in place and get back at it and go for it.”
Earlier this week, when asked about his relationship with Owens, Romo didn’t want to talk about the topic.
“Haven’t we been through that already?” he said.

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
33 Responses to “T.O.: ROMO'S MY BOY”
  1. tymofeoa says: Jan 24, 2009 5:16 PM

the horses ass has spoke. can we put this to rest!

2. pftfreak says: Jan 24, 2009 5:26 PM

If Romo is TO’s boy, than who’s the mom?

3. ScootyPuffJunior says: Jan 24, 2009 5:29 PM

hahaha, the headline is funny.

4. FumbleNuts says: Jan 24, 2009 5:30 PM

“We’re going to try to get this thing back on track and bring a championship to Dallas.” It could start with T.O. actually catching the football before trying to run with it. Either way, the Boys need more then Romo and Owens playing well. Wade Phillips is NOT the guy to get this team back on track!

5. OJ says: Jan 24, 2009 5:35 PM

He followed up the interview by staring into Romo’s eyes while stating, “You’re my boy, Blue. You’re my boy.”

6. spanky07 says: Jan 24, 2009 5:43 PM

Jerry Jones has already made an ass of himself in many Cowboy fans eyes. Now he’s letting the Turd do his talking…as a lifelong fan, I can say this…Turd Owens will NEVER be accepted as a true Dallas Cowboy by the majority of true Cowboys fans!

7. drew says: Jan 24, 2009 6:03 PM

Terrell Owens isn’t as dumb as he is. Which means, he is.
    In other words, T.O. is making nice because T.O. wants to find employement if/when/how the Cowboys dump him.

8. 40cent says: Jan 24, 2009 6:04 PM

Comment from T.O. “Its past 6pm so getcha popcorn ready for Florio’s contest winner announcement”

9. Patscantcheatkharmabitches says: Jan 24, 2009 6:12 PM

Today is Saturday. This was Thursday. You really are plugged in aren’t you. And all the filler you printed the last couple of days.

10. Treez says: Jan 24, 2009 6:24 PM

Whenever I get done reading a T.O. article I feel as though someone just called a TO on my life. I thought you only get 3 per half ;(

11. PhillyCard says: Jan 24, 2009 6:51 PM

IN PHILLY THIS IS TOO FUNNY, WAKE UP FLORIO! ARE THE REST OF YOU STUPID?
    Your waiting of TO to say something to create a storm, classic TO.
    But you missed it & it was right under your nose! What the hell do you think he meant by:
    It meant “Jerry ….T.O. DON’T PLAY NICE WITH RED HEADS, GET ME SOMEONE WHO KISSES MY BUTT AND KNOWS I AM GODS GIFT TO FOOTBALL”

12. empty13 says: Jan 24, 2009 7:00 PM

If romo is she-ho’s boy, that may explain why she-ho tried to diddle him in the shower after…
    44-6*

13. VBG says: Jan 24, 2009 7:10 PM

If Romo called Owens his “Boy” don’t you think everyone would be up in arms over the racist remark?

14. wolverine21 says: Jan 24, 2009 7:25 PM

lets pretend we’re espn and pick apart everything he says
    man this guy probably cant even go get a cavity filled without people making a big deal out of it

15. radioslay says: Jan 24, 2009 7:56 PM

He’s gonna retire as a Cowboy? Didn’t realize he was gonna retire next month…

16. andyreid says: Jan 24, 2009 8:05 PM

There is a 0 percent chance he retires as a Cowboy. At this point, he is not worth his salary. In a year or two, when he is down to 35 catches for 550 yards, it will be hard to justify paying him an absurd salary. I also see him wanting to play in the NFL for another 5 years. T.O probably does love Tony Homo as his needs will always be met. Spineless scapegoat for team misery (check), unlimited resource for media attention and whoring (check), perennial meltdown after thanksgiving so attending NBA games can be TOs number one priority by the new year (check).

17. 56lightsout56 says: Jan 24, 2009 8:10 PM

well aint that just peachy.
    Hey Tony, expect a call from T.O.’s former boy, Jeff Garcia any minute now.

18. IHateBretFarve says: Jan 24, 2009 8:27 PM

If Favre finally retires and goes away I am sTrongly considering changing my name to either:
    I hate TO
    or
    I hate TonyRomo
    Just havn’t figured out which one yet.

19. andyreid says: Jan 24, 2009 9:46 PM

A whole lot of attention about an average receiver on a crappy non-playoff team. Would anyone care about what Reggie Williams had to say about David Garrard at basketball game? I realize that is a generous comparison for these clowns as Garrard has won a playoff game in his career but you get the drift.

20. JimmySmith says: Jan 24, 2009 10:32 PM

Now we know why Romo fainted in the shower, he was on the receiving end of being TO’s boy.

21. Elaw6 says: Jan 24, 2009 11:29 PM

they will go 5-11 next year. Redskins will CRUSH them in their new stadium….
    HTTR

22. east96st says: Jan 24, 2009 11:33 PM

wolverine21 says:
    “lets pretend we’re espn and pick apart everything he says”
    First off, it’s a self inflicted wound. MeO made his own bed. Second, if it bothered him, he would have learned how to say “No comment” years ago. The jackass just loves to see and hear his name. He knows the press is going to run with it, which is exactly why he does it. It’s all about MeO.

23. dave61 says: Jan 25, 2009 5:36 AM

I bet Romo really thinks T.O. is his best friend…. right… lmao…. this dude is bi polar at best and hasn’t missed throwing his qb under a bus for every team he’s played for. I hope Jerry Jones keeps him on the team til hell freezes over, that means they will continue to lose….I want Jason Witten on my team any day. T.O. if you are reading this actually the fans met secretly with Romo to conspire to throw the ball to Witten to make you look bad… can you hear us on your shoulder…. they don’t like you lol.

24. Smush Rodrigez says: Jan 25, 2009 8:16 AM

Hmmm…. Where is Vox? I saw him posting on CFT for the pepsi pack. Seems he fianlly admitted where he is from. Topeka if I remember correct.
    The media has built T.O. up for their own selfish purposes. Sure, T.O. should have learned the no comment line. But, now if he says anthing it is blown way out of proportion. If the media just stopped reporting on this and making him so relevant – he would be just anothe primadonna selfish wide reciever. Ads nmuch as we do not like him (especially in Philly), the guy is still one of the top WRs in the game. Maybe not top 5 but maybe top 10 or 15. Still better than Reggie Brown, Greg Lewin, and Hank Basket.

25. Vox Veritas says: Jan 25, 2009 10:34 AM

“they will go 5-11 next year. Redskins will CRUSH them in their new stadium….”

26. Vox Veritas says: Jan 25, 2009 10:37 AM

“T.O probably does love Tony Homo as his needs will always be met.”
    Yeah, it’s probably nice to have a QB that doesn’t bounce every other pass 10 yards away from the receiver, puke his guts up in pressure situations, or have his mom plead his case for him.

27. Vox Veritas says: Jan 25, 2009 10:49 AM

“I hope Jerry Jones keeps him on the team til hell freezes over, that means they will continue to lose”
    The Cowboys haven’t had a losing season since before they signed TO, dumbass. You’re a freaking Browns fan, you should have a really good grasp of what “losing” is all about.

28. Vox Veritas says: Jan 25, 2009 10:51 AM

“Sure, T.O. should have learned the no comment line.”
    No, because then the media interprets the silence however they want.

29. PasstheSB says: Jan 25, 2009 11:44 AM

Guess what andyreid? There is a 0% chance your team ever wins a Super Bowl in you life time! Must be hard going through life on the losing end of it all…good luck with that. As far as defending TO or Romo against all of your comments thrown their way…I won’t..I dont play for the team NOR do I act like I know everything thats going on internally. I do know this though…The bitterness and jealousy Philthadelphia fans feel for TO is real….He hated Donnie McScabb for one reason and one reason only….He’s a loser in an orginization hedged on losing…and he could see that 100 miles away!

30. empty13 says: Jan 25, 2009 1:28 PM

last time i looked, the skins won a playoff game since the last cowboys playoff win.
    and, actually, jones cannot look snyder straight in the face and say that jones makes better signings.

31. Gailikk says: Jan 25, 2009 6:21 PM

Vox Veritas says: “they will go 5-11 next year. Redskins will CRUSH them in their new stadium….” Yeah right. If the Deadskins have proven anything since Snyder bought the team, it’s that they can’t take a shit and wind their watches at the same time without getting shit on their watches. Go spend another quarter billion on rejects, dude.
    Good one Vox, when I first read this I thought you were slipping then I realized you just had to make a comment that a Redskin might understand. Don’t worry redskin fans, if that was too hard on you read slower, it might help.

32. Smush Rodrigez says: Jan 25, 2009 8:20 PM

Vox Veritas says:
    “Sure, T.O. should have learned the no comment line.”
    No, because then the media interprets the silence however they want.
    ****
    I actually agree, Vox.

33. Smush Rodrigez says: Jan 25, 2009 8:29 PM

PasstheSB says:
    *******
    Hmmmm, Help me out – I am trying to remember what TO has won? TO was pissed that the Eagles made it to the superbowl without him. I am one a few Philly fans who wanted TO to stay and get paid. Both he and the organization should have handled it differently. Andy is to stuborn and TO is to TOish. He misread the fans. What would peope in Philly be jealous of? You do not understand the city or team that you are ripping. Philly, unlike Dalls, holds people accountable and don’t hide when their team loses. Yes, even when it is 44-6 to knock them out of the playoffs yet again. The ship… it is sinking, I can see all of the rats jumping off. There goes Pacman, there goes Tank, etc. etc. etc.