T.O. CAMPAIGNING FOR LEWIS

Ever since the Cowboys’ season ended in Week Seventeen, rumors that the team will cut ties with Terrell Owens have surfaced from all different directions.
But if T.O. does return to Dallas, he wants Ray Lewis by his side.
The Dallas Morning News reports that Owens has reached out to Jerry Jones to try to convince him to sign Lewis.
According to the article, Deion Sanders, a friend of both Owens and Lewis, has also talked to Jones about possibly adding the free-agent linebacker.
Owens had a chance to play with Lewis back in 2004, but he fought a trade to the Ravens before ending up in Philadelphia.
Lewis was asked last week about potentially being teammates with Owens, and he said he’d have no issues.
“I can definitely play with T.O.,” Lewis said.  “I think T.O. is a great, great person.  I just love him.  I love his work ethic.   I love everything about him.  So, playing with T.O. is easy.”

Permalink 33 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
33 Responses to “T.O. CAMPAIGNING FOR LEWIS”
  1. 4G63 says: Feb 11, 2009 11:07 PM

Are you kidding me?
    I seem to remember TO mocking Ray during an Eagles game in Philly after he scored a TD. I’m sure Ray hasn’t forgotten that either….

2. spanky07 says: Feb 11, 2009 11:28 PM

Owens may be scared of Ray Ray….which would explain this man love crush thing…why would Dallas bring in another thug like Lewis when they just got rid of a thug named Pacman?

3. WaltWV says: Feb 11, 2009 11:28 PM

If those are Lewis’s true feelings, what does that say about him?? How ironic would it be if he, and not TO, were to land in the Big D next year??

4. phillyinsd says: Feb 11, 2009 11:31 PM

“I can definitely play with T.O.,” Lewis said. “I think T.O. is a great, great person. I just love him. I love his work ethic. I love everything about him. So, playing with T.O. is easy.”
    Funny, I remember several Eagles saying the exact same thing in 2004.

5. titansfan1988 says: Feb 11, 2009 11:51 PM

So they can cry together now when Dallas misses the playoffs in 09

6. 44-6-andthenRomofainted says: Feb 12, 2009 12:07 AM

Both of these guys are washed up. The cowgirls also are in a terrible cap situation. He won’t be giving a discount to play for a team that can’t win a playoff game to save their life.

7. sdffa11 says: Feb 12, 2009 12:08 AM

i hope this doesnt happen. adding lewis to that defense would make it really good. lewis led his team in tackles and they have ware. dallas, as much as i hate them, have the talent to do a lot of damage in the regular season and playoffs.

8. fmfnavydoc says: Feb 12, 2009 12:57 AM

Deion Sanders going to Jerrah Jones and helping him make personnel decisions??? Of all the idiots out there making these decisions, Jerrah is gonna listen to Deion? Hell, why doesn’t Jerrah go hire Matt Millen, he’s available to be GM for the Cowboys…
    Who in the hell is running the front office for that team – Wild E. Coyote, Super Genius???

9. kurt37 says: Feb 12, 2009 1:07 AM

rrrrrrrrrrrrright

10. Fade 2 Black says: Feb 12, 2009 1:36 AM

T.O. is bargaining.
    He is saying:
    “I’ll accept the Enforcer
    in the locker room.
    Just don’t send me away.”

11. Elaw6 says: Feb 12, 2009 2:36 AM

He might want to stick to his weak division.

12. ychrombob says: Feb 12, 2009 7:56 AM

as a Ravens fan I can truly say that Ray is in the twilight of his career. that is not to say that he is not still productive, just not the dominating player he once was. If jones wants to pay big $ for an aging linebacker who only plays 6 games every other season due to injury, more power to him.
    Baltimore needs to sign Suggs and Brown, their center. 34 is OLD in football years.

13. FireAndyReid21 says: Feb 12, 2009 8:01 AM

I’d love to see Ray Lewis pound Terrell Owens into the ground.

14. lboogie25 says: Feb 12, 2009 8:02 AM

This is nothing more than T.O. the master manipulator at his best. And Jerry will fall for his “team guy” shtick and won’t cut him.

15. hookml says: Feb 12, 2009 8:30 AM

Weak Division Elaw6? I seem to remember that the AFC North had 2 teams in the AFC Championship and 1 team win the Superbowl this past season. How many NFC East teams were in the Superbowl again?

16. DC_Bengals_Fan says: Feb 12, 2009 8:39 AM

“Ray would get bull-dozed over by Brandon Jacobs twice a year, Juked out of his jock by Brian Westbrook twice a year, and be out hustled/played by Clinton Portis twice a year. He might want to stick to his weak division.”
    That weak division would be the one that produced the Super Bowl winner and both teams in the conference championship, right? The NFC east did crap all in the playoffs. That division is massively overrated.
    The Redskins seem to have no offense anymore, McNabb chokes under pressure, Eli is a bottom-5 QB without receivers who shoot themselves in the leg, and Dallas has completely imploded. Your division sucks.

17. toddwillis1977 says: Feb 12, 2009 8:47 AM

The Ravens have already said they are going to do everything in their power to keep Ray-Ray. This is kind of a moot point. I dont see him leaving a city in which is adored, on a team that made the AFC championship to go to the 2nd biggest mess in the NFl.

18. Vox Veritas says: Feb 12, 2009 8:55 AM

“Funny, I remember several Eagles saying the exact same thing in 2004. ”
    “The cowgirls also are in a terrible cap situation.”
    No they’re not. You obviously don’t understand how the salary cap works. Enjoy all that room the Eagirls will have this year. Once again they will be off-season salary cap champs. Too bad there’s no trophy for that.

19. Vox Veritas says: Feb 12, 2009 8:56 AM

“Ray would get bull-dozed over by Brandon Jacobs twice a year”
    ROFL
    Roy Williams says that Brandon Jacobs is a pussy.

20. BMac20 says: Feb 12, 2009 9:06 AM

Hey Elaw6-
    The AFC North had one team reach the AFC Championship Game (Ravens) and another team win the SuperBowl (Steelers). I agree that The Bengals and Browns are weak but when 2 of the 4 teams finish in the Top 4 in the NFL, the division can’t be too weak. Also, if you watched football at all this year, you would have seen the Ravens go 3-1 in the NFC East…destroying Dallas,Washington, and Philly (36-7). By the way, Portis and Westbrook didn’t fare so well in those games (each with less than 39 yards rushing). I was at both games and didn’t see Ray getting Juked OR out-hustled. In fact, Portis and Westbrook looked timid and scared the entire game. Also, Dallas went only 2-2 in Baltimore’s “weak” division.

21. empty13 says: Feb 12, 2009 9:36 AM

gee, i wonder what dan reeves would say…
    the eagles do have 2 playoff wins this year.
    44-6*

22. Vox Veritas says: Feb 12, 2009 10:28 AM

“the eagles do have 2 playoff wins this year.”
    As good as any Eagirls team ever! Congrats! One more winning season for them will make TWO IN A ROW and THREE OF FIVE! On the other hand, one more winning season for the Cowboys and they’ll match the best the Eagirls have ever done in the modern era of the NFL. FIVE IN A ROW!

23. baltiblingbling says: Feb 12, 2009 10:41 AM

Elaw6 says:
    February 12th, 2009 at 2:36 am
    He might want to stick to his weak division.
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHA you are funny. the ravens went 3-1 against that the NFC North. JOKE! pretty sure the AFC championship featured two teams from the AFC North and the superbowl winning team? Oh yea they were from the AFC North as well. Seems like a pretty good devision to me.

24. baltiblingbling says: Feb 12, 2009 10:42 AM

NFC East* sorry.

25. Pea Tear Griffin says: Feb 12, 2009 10:57 AM

@Vox
    “TO was probably more well-liked than McNabb when the Eagirls cut him. And probably still is. Why do you guys assume that the players hate him just because you do?”
    Wrong and wrong. I’m not an Eagles fan, but I do live in Philadelphia. There is no athlete that is hated more in this city than T.O.
    Was the locker room split in the off season during his drama? Yes.
    Was the locker room split when he was suspended indefinitely then cut? No.

26. 44-6-andthenRomofainted says: Feb 12, 2009 11:09 AM

I’m not sure any Cowboys fans should be making any comments in regard to any other team in the NFC East. Plain and simple, they aren’t very good. Felix Jones was 9 years old the last time the Cowboys brought ANYTHING to the table. As much as I despise Brandon Jacobs, he routinely pisses all over the Cowboys candy a*sed players. At this juncture, there should certainly be zero feedback from cowboys fans to eagles fans. 44-3. Then they kicked a field goal. Then Romo fainted. Then Wade Phillips kept his job. Over the last decade, the Eagles have taken 14 out of 20 from the cowboys. That leaves very little bragging rights for the cowpokes and their fans. However, I have never seen a Cowboys fan who is actually from Dallas on here so I guess it more of a pervasive psychological issue

27. Juicer says: Feb 12, 2009 11:25 AM

the media has invented TO. the guys a moron for ever talking to the media, but he’s not even close to as bad as the invented TO that we see all over espn, its funny how his teamates always seem to say positive things about him for the most part, but he’s such a “bad guy”.

28. arzcardinals says: Feb 12, 2009 12:34 PM

Why does TO get all the press he gets….he didn’t make the Pro Bowl…
    How is the glamor queen of the NFL who is a good receiver, no longer an elite receiver get so much attention?
    Fitzgerald plays better and smarter…notice he doesn’t have the ‘look at me…look at me’ mentality of TO. Fitzgerald doesn’t even do stupid dances when he makes a touch down…he hands the ball to the refs every time…even at the super bowl when they got the go ahead td…he did not spike the ball and have the ‘look at me’ philosophy.
    TO is a madonna of the NFL – Dallas you can keep him and all his wonderful dances and press….I’ll keep players like Fitzgerald and Boldin who are better players and have some class to back up their playing….they don’t have to do some gay dance to get on ESPN.
    Ray Lewis in Dallas – who cares they had 13 pro bowl players last year and they couldn’t make the playoffs….buying a championship has never worked and it’s not going to start this year.

29. 44-6-andthenRomofainted says: Feb 12, 2009 12:45 PM

The cowboys can’t sign Lewis without cutting multiple starters. Unless he is going to sign for 3 million to play for a lousy team.

30. phillyinsd says: Feb 12, 2009 1:06 PM

VOX: TO was probably more well-liked than McNabb when the Eagirls cut him. And probably still is. Why do you guys assume that the players hate him just because you do?
    You must be kidding. Seriously, tell me you are kidding. TO is the most hated athlete in Philly. Do you really think acting like a little baby to get out of his contract, doing pushups in his driveway, throwing Donovan under the bus, etc made Eagles fans LIKE him more??? And the players? Yea I’m sure everyone in the Eagles locker room who was on the 2004 team loves TO, especially Don. 44-6 must have damaged your brain, or more likely made you even more bitter that the Eagles have had more success than the Cowgirls (sorry had to stoop to your level) this decade.

31. empty13 says: Feb 12, 2009 1:52 PM

44-6*
    lets see what the cowboys, who are 10-10 in their last 20 games, do the next time they face a must-win game.
    i am a fan of neither dallas nor philly, but philly did win 3 must-win games in a row.

32. Santoniosgloves says: Feb 12, 2009 1:54 PM

All I know is that if Ray Ray comes to Dallas, all strip clubs better prepare.

33. th1160 says: Feb 12, 2009 5:02 PM

“You have a guy like Ray Lewis, who I thought he was pretty much my friend. This is a guy, double murder case, and he could have been in jail, but it seems like the league embraces a guy like that. But I’m going out scoring touchdowns and having fun, but I’m the bad guy.”- Terrell Owens, 2004
    Nice to know they’ve patched things up.