Skip to content

WALKER DEAL WAS DONE LAST WEEK

A league source tells us that the significant restructuring accepted by Oakland receiver Javon Walker, news of which first surfaced today, actually was finalized in late February, prior to the start of the new league year.
So the $8 million in cap savings was on the books as of February 27, when the free-agency period opened.
The most surprising aspect of this news is that, somehow, the information remained under wraps for a full week.
Then again, it’s not as if Walker or his agent would have been bragging — Walker took a major haircut, in lieu of being dumped.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Contracts, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
7 Responses to “WALKER DEAL WAS DONE LAST WEEK”
  1. Meatball says: Mar 5, 2009 8:55 PM

    Javon Walker is a scumbag.

  2. RaiderFan209 says: Mar 5, 2009 9:04 PM

    It’s all about the raider mystique and I’m lovin like mcdonalds lol all hail lord vader!

  3. ncoolong says: Mar 5, 2009 9:07 PM

    Am I missing the “haircut” joke, or do you mean paycut?

  4. supertecmobowl says: Mar 5, 2009 9:29 PM

    go raiders
    great off-season so far

  5. Clayton Bigsby says: Mar 6, 2009 2:18 AM

    People knew about it, but Mevon Walker is a has-been so no one really cared.

  6. joetoronto says: Mar 6, 2009 6:15 AM

    Another nice move by Mr Davis, screw the haters.

  7. ras says: Mar 6, 2009 8:29 AM

    Perhaps the announcement of ‘new’ cap space is to help lure T.O. in with the promise of a big pay day, b/c I am sure it will take one to get him black/silver.
    The only issue I see is that T.O. would basically run the organization, the coach is weak, the QB is laughable, and Al Davis would just bluster.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!