POTEAT FOLLOWS MANGINI TO CLEVELAND

Browns coach Eric Mangini continues to line up guys who played for him in New York.
The latest Mangini reunion involves veteran cornerback Hank Poteat.
“Hank is a veteran corner who has played inside and outside,” G.M. George Kokinis said. “His versatility and knowledge of the system will be an asset to our secondary.”
Poteat, who played college football at Pitt, started his NFL career in the same town. After three years with the Steelers, one with the Bucs, and a year out of football, Poteat joined the Patriots, where he became first acquainted with Mangini.
Cut by the Pats in 2006, Mangini signed Poteat in New York, during Mangini’s first season as head coach with the Jets. Poteat also played for the Jets in 2007 and 2008.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
12 Responses to “POTEAT FOLLOWS MANGINI TO CLEVELAND”
  1. Ralph GreNader says: Mar 9, 2009 10:07 PM

YAHHH! WHOA BUDDY STOP THE PRESSES! It news like this that could send the streets of Cleveland in to anarchy. The rioting will be uncontrollable. This is like winning the Super Bowl. I think im gonna call of work tomorrow and just party all day.

2. NDCowboysfan says: Mar 9, 2009 10:19 PM

florio its now mandated that you have to somehow use the term mankok at least once when speaking about the jets or browns

3. Eddie Drycleaner says: Mar 9, 2009 10:22 PM

It’s the EatManKok union! This stuff writes itself!

4. ncoolong says: Mar 9, 2009 10:53 PM

Hank Poteat sucks. It’ll be nice for the Steelers to continue to exploit blown coverage against Cleveland.

5. Eddie Drycleaner says: Mar 9, 2009 11:20 PM

ManEatKok perhaps? I’m telling you, don’t ManKok this opportunity to add a new word to our great language Florio!

6. BX says: Mar 9, 2009 11:22 PM

Anyone else smell that burning?

7. Eddie Drycleaner says: Mar 9, 2009 11:25 PM

PotKokGini works too.. I can’t believe how enthusiastic I am about the ManKok union. And yes, I am not joking, I am very serious in my desire for more ManKok!

8. losoldato says: Mar 10, 2009 12:06 AM

I have to be honest, I just don’t find “mankok” to be funny. Yes, I get that you’re saying “cock”, but as a grown up I can say it without snickering behind some merger of two men’s names.
    It’s not that I find it sophomoric, I just don’t think it is very creative, original, or, well, funny.
    But maybe I’m just being sensitive. After all, my name is Richard. Isn’t that a pisser?

9. alamedaman says: Mar 10, 2009 12:07 AM

I definitely thought that said Potato.

10. dave61 says: Mar 10, 2009 2:51 AM

these are role players the browns are signing to teach draft picks their defense………. give this Coach a chance….. every Browns fan polled 83 percent wanted an experienced head coach, and Lerner hired the only 1 available

11. oldirtybri says: Mar 10, 2009 3:59 AM

I’m pretty disappointed there wasn’t a single use of “ManKok” in this entire article. I mean really, what is a Browns transaction without a little ManKok? Give the people ManKok!

12. gallogj says: Mar 10, 2009 12:04 PM

This whole town needs a mankok enima – Jack Nicholson.