BARNES DELIVERS A "DONOVAN" HIT

In response to Aaron Wilson’s post regarding the interest some teams are demonstrating regarding Maryland cornerback Kevin Barnes, we were reminded (of course, that implies we actually once knew) that Barnes generated the fastest short shuttle at the Scouting Combine, with 3.96 seconds.
Also, Barnes was the author of this jarring hit against Cal last season.
Be sure to watch all the way to the end.  Unless you’ve recently eaten.

[yt]LCO0sRPJEZ8&feature=related[/yt]

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “BARNES DELIVERS A "DONOVAN" HIT”
  1. WetHog says: Mar 18, 2009 8:35 PM

Great hit. I watched it live and scared the crap out of my wife when I started shouting “He’s Dead!” over and over after I saw it. The look on the Cal fans was priceless as well. And yes lime gatorade does look pretty when it comes back up.
    Kevin Barnes baby! The pride of Old Mill High School.

2. Patscantcheatkharmabitches says: Mar 18, 2009 8:39 PM

Mmmm. Viddles mixed with pea soup. Just like mom used to make.

3. frankfurtler says: Mar 18, 2009 8:42 PM

So by a Donovan you mean he ‘threw up’ a TD pass on the next down?

4. mad555 says: Mar 18, 2009 8:46 PM

Donavan hit???
    That looks more like the hit that was put on Reggie Bush by Sheldon “The Hitman” Brown in the ’06 playoff game. BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

5. wooderson says: Mar 18, 2009 8:46 PM

All I can say is thank goodness Andre Ware was there for the play-by-play. You are the BOMB Andre. Except for the fact you are retared and make no sense. I can’t wait to see ‘Dog the Bounty Hunter’ taze you then tie you to a zip line.

6. Bradybunch says: Mar 18, 2009 8:56 PM

Barnes also can preform exsorsisms?

7. alewatcher says: Mar 18, 2009 8:59 PM

I’m glad I drink orange Gatorade. I don’t think I could ever touch the lime stuff again.

8. F00kFl0ri0 says: Mar 18, 2009 9:00 PM

He spit that crap out like Florio does with his “news” and his opinions.

9. DAKID says: Mar 18, 2009 9:43 PM

Donovan hit. Bwahahahaahahah. Good stuff.

10. brawltimore says: Mar 18, 2009 9:44 PM

GO TERPS!

11. brian_21 says: Mar 18, 2009 11:20 PM

I just got back from a late dinner. Ironically, Florio, I would not have stayed and watched that video to the end had you not written that last part in. I would have been perfectly satisfied with the hit, but now I have to think about that ending for the rest of the night.
    Thanks for nothing!

12. jimicos says: Mar 18, 2009 11:42 PM

wooderson says:
    March 18th, 2009 at 8:46 pm
    —————————
    It always cracks me up when people make spelling mistakes like that one. Mike, thanks for the video. I could’ve lived without seeing the end.