BOWLEN, CUTLER DID TALK AFTER SHANAHAN WAS FIRED

Some of you might think that we’ve taken a side in this whole Broncos-Cutler drama, because we’ve had several items calling out Cutler for acting like a whiny bitch (can you say “bitch” on the Internet?) and agent Bus Cook for at best letting Cutler do it, and at worst goading him into it.
But there’s plenty of blame to go around here.  Our most recent SportingNews.com column was titled “Broncos Blowing It With Cutler,” and we pointed out that the team has screwed the pooch by not taking a hard-line “play with us or play with no one” approach regarding Cutler.
We’ve also explained (primarily via radio and possibly via PFTV) that we’re suspicious as to whether coach Josh McDaniels took the job not wanting Cutler to be his quarterback, and as to whether McDaniels expressly or implicitly misrepresented his position in this regard to owner Pat Bowlen, who undoubtedly wanted to keep Cutler around.
To further demonstrate our willingness to probe both sides of this one, a reader points out to us that, contrary to Bowlen’s vague denial of meeting with Cutler after firing Shanahan, Bowlen previously admitted to talking with his franchise quarterback.
Said Bowlen on Wednesday:  “I really have had no discussion with Jay or the agent.  Mike was fired right after the season.  At that point, there was no need to have a discussion with Jay.  Now, actually, to be fair, I don’t think I had that discussion.  I don’t recall it.  I know I’m getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion.”
Said Bowlen at the press conference announcing Shanahan’s departure:  “I talked to Jay Cutler, and Jay understood the conversation.  I talked to him this morning.  I didn’t get any negative feedback.  I think he understands enough about the business of football, the game of football, that there are going to be coaching changes and changes in organizations.  I didn’t sense that Jay had any negative feelings about it, and I’m sure he is very interested in who is going to be the next head coach.  Obviously, he is the man around here now, so I will be talking with Jay.”
That said, it’s entirely possible that Bowlen and Cutler had a conversation after Shanahan was fired, and that the discussion was as uneventful as Bowlen’s characterization of it seems to suggest.  In other words, the fact that Bowlen didn’t remember talking to Cutler doesn’t mean that Cutler/Cook are being truthful when they now say that Bowlen promised not to change the offensive coaching staff.
All that said, the latest he-said/he-said development in this relationship further confirms that, barring a miracle, the Broncos will have to trade Cutler.  And even though the Broncos will still have some leverage if multiple teams get in on the bidding, the ballpark in which those offers will be made necessarily is getting lower by the day — especially since teams that might be interested in Cutler are now realizing might actually be getting a whiny bitch, and his instigator/enabler.

Permalink 47 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
47 Responses to “BOWLEN, CUTLER DID TALK AFTER SHANAHAN WAS FIRED”
  1. JadeHellbringer says: Mar 19, 2009 8:52 AM

As a Broncos fan, the whole situation just leaves me numb. How the hell did we end up here? Did anyone really- REALLY- think trying for Cassel was a good idea when there’s already a damned good QB around? That maybe instead the push should be to get the defense fixed?
    I’m a Broncos fan for life, but I’m not ashamed to say that I’m pretty discouraged at this point- in both sides. I just don’t understand how the hell things got to this point, and I really don’t see how this will turn out well for anyone involved.

2. finsbooyah says: Mar 19, 2009 8:55 AM

“All that said, the latest he-said/he-said development in this relationship further confirms that, barring a miracle, the Broncos will have to trade Cutler.”
    The Broncos don’t have to trade him at all… If they keep him, once the season starts all of this will be put on the back burner

3. giants33 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:00 AM

The broncos need to cut McDaniels loose, not trade Jay Cutler. They essentially swapped a young, tough, relatively placid, pro-bowl, FRANCHISE QB for an un-proven, seemingly arrogant Belichick wannabe head-coach who doesn’t have an ounce of head coaching experience. This was his FIRST swing of the bat. How can this situation and his handling of it bode well for Broncos fans?
    I would own up to the mistake, tear up McDaniel’s contract and take the financial hit to bring my QB back and continue to build from the ground up on the back of a decent season like they have been doing.

4. Juicer says: Mar 19, 2009 9:02 AM

i know coaches get fully guaranteed contracs but bowlen should fire mcdaniels right now while he still has time to bring someone else in. if not and they loose cutler, mcdaniels will probably get fired after the season anyways might as well nip it in the bud now.

5. GreeneBlitz says: Mar 19, 2009 9:09 AM

Whatever Florio, we get it, Jay Cutler bad, Vince Young good, Brett Farve and Kurt Warner bad, Dante Culpepper good, Brady Quinn Bad, Jamarcuss Russell good, this year its Matt Stafford bad and Josh Freeman good, it gets annoying and transparent.

6. empty13 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:10 AM

cutler placid?
    you are on dope.
    small raise for cutler. or he just gets to ride out his contract doing as the coach directs.

7. Heinekenfun says: Mar 19, 2009 9:11 AM

Man…, I’m so glad I’m not a Bronco’s fan.
    You have to be careful what you wish for. The owner wanted someone who wasn’t going to have complete control of this team and he sure got it. Somewhere, Mike Shanahan is laughing his ass off.

8. litzsout619 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:12 AM

Move over OAK, were the biggest embarassment in the NFL now! BRONCO NATION!

9. JakeDSnake says: Mar 19, 2009 9:12 AM

Wait’ll Denver fans find out Pioli actually hired McDaniels as the Chefs’ (great googily-moogily) Defensive Coordinator. I also like the comparison to Belichick in Cleveland: McDaniels will have a rough first year getting rid of the popular QB, then in his second year he will make the playoffs and beat his mentor’s team, then the team will be dragged down by the owner moving the team to LA. Enjoy Donkey fans!

10. TheDPR says: Mar 19, 2009 9:13 AM

Mike may be reluctant to take a side in this but I’m not.
    This isn’t as bad as many are making it seem. Cutler has a contract. He has to honor it. McDaniels, if anything, has been too respectful of him to this point. Employees don’t tell their boss what to do. If Jay Cutler wants to run a team he should buy one. Until then, he needs to shut up and do what he’s told. That’s what he’s going to end up doing come summertime, anyway, so he may as well start now.
    As for Shanny, he should have been fired a couple years ago. He was lucky to stay in the job for as long as he did.

11. Nerique says: Mar 19, 2009 9:19 AM

I think you are taking too much of aside….cutler is a good QB even if he’s whining….
    they should talk without bus and bowlens….maybe he’ll see happy ending…lol

12. Tek9 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:24 AM

I wish you would stop characterizing players like this without knowing him or the details of the situation personally, first LT was a whiney B now its Jay Cutler. I guess all athletes should just shut the F up and be good ole’ fooball playes for they masta, you sound like a whiney bitch who didnt have what it takes to do what these guys do. Get over it.

13. CFioren317 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:26 AM

I can’t see how someone would back the Broncos in this situation…even a little bit. They clearly tried to trade him for Cassel. McDaniels is clearly an egomanical jerk off who thinks he is Belichick but hasn’t won dick. The fact is that if I were Cutler, I would be royally pissed off too, and would not want to work with this guy.
    I also believe 100% that Bowlen told Cutler that he would keep him in the loop on the new coach and would let him be a part of the process for offensive people, then when McDaniels came in, he probably told him that he would have full authority, thus ultimately lying to Cutler.
    I agree that Bus Cook could have told Cutler to bend over and take it like a man, but screw that. The Broncos got caught with their pants down and now should take it like a man and trade the guy…who knows, maybe they will be better off without him. They sure thought they would be better off with Cassel.

14. LiveNBreath Football says: Mar 19, 2009 9:30 AM

Oh yeah, they hired a new coach with even worse diplomatic skills than Bill Belichek. At least Belichek has the loyalty of his players. This guy just came in hamfisted and screwed up the important relationship that a coach must have with his qb if they are going to work together to win games.

15. Jim Beam says: Mar 19, 2009 9:30 AM

Two things stand out in this mess.
    2) Cassel’s salary is 14million this year. Cutlers is in the 1 million range.
    Why would the Broncos brain trust ever think this was a good trade off?
    Just because the Patriot way worked for one coach doesnt mean it’s going to work for another coach. AS a Broncos fan I think we’re in for a long few years.

16. EricTheClown says: Mar 19, 2009 9:31 AM

“Now, actually, to be fair, I don’t think I had that discussion. I don’t recall it. I know I’m getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion.”
    What would Uncle Leo say?
    “I’m an old man, I’m confused”
    Ok media.. SWARM SWARM SWARM

17. MoparMan says: Mar 19, 2009 9:31 AM

I am not a Broncos fan, but I firmly believe that Josh McDaniels needs to find a new job. He obviously is too young and immature for all the authority he has been given with the Head Coaching job. It seems he has a personal vendetta against Cutler. Jay is a Pro-Bowl QB for God’s sake. They ought to trade Cutler to the Vikings so he can go on to win a Super Bowl and laugh at McDaniels and Bowlen both.

18. dashoe says: Mar 19, 2009 9:34 AM

I’m actually shocked that Bowlen hasn’t fired McDaniels already. Bowlen surely knows how difficult it is to find a good QB, let alone a Pro Bowl QB. Coaches are a dime-a-dozen and McDaniels has already proven he isn’t up for the job.
    If Cutler is traded and he continues to be a Pro Bowler and the Bronocos are in search of a decent QB for years to come (maybe decades, see; Chicago, Detroit, Tampa, Baltimore, Oakland, Tennessee……) they will make NFL history with the dumbest trade since Hershel Walker.
    It’s really shouldn’t be a difficult decision for Bowlen. The success of a franchise starts with the QB not an immature, incompetent coach.

19. peskyspole says: Mar 19, 2009 9:35 AM

I know that Patriots have their problems understanding and bending the rules, but…
    It seems like McDaniels was absent the day Berlichick covered “How to keep roster moves in house” and you dont hear Robert Kraft thinking he may have or may not have had a meeting with any player.

20. Rob0769 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:37 AM

“Before this fiasco, everyone liked Cutler. This is the guy who refused to rip the team even after team doctors failed to diagnoses DIABETES when he suddenly started losing a lot of weight. He’s the same guy with the same agent. So, it has to be more than just Cook instigating and Cutler suddenly being a whiny brat. Oh what could that be?”
    Don’t forget Cutler was humble too. Like when he said he had a stronger arm than John Elway when everyone knows that Elway had a noodle arm compared to the Howitzer Cutler has.
    C’mon! Cutler has had attitude and maturity issues all along. They have been well documented. He may not have been as out of control as they are now, but Cutler has always been a bit of head case.

21. SATAN says: Mar 19, 2009 9:38 AM

Actually JadeHellbringer trading for Cassell would have been a first rate play by Ncdaniels, That would bring on-board a QB whodidn’t need to be retrained to learn his system,
    The problem was if you strike the King (cutler) you must kill the king. It’s going to be ugly tell the King is dead.

22. Dan1919 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:41 AM

From what I understand, Jay Cutler is due to make 1 million dollars this year. Matt Cassel is due to make 16M.
    Its always been about money. If Denver would tear up Cutlers Contract and pay him handsomely, there would be no more issues. Cook would even get his 3 percent and be happy.
    Love = Money. My parents were wrong. You think Cutler would approve a trade to a team without a new contract? I would guess that his a resounding NO WAY.

23. Rob0769 says: Mar 19, 2009 9:51 AM

“1) McDaniels was willing to overpay to get Cassel’s with the Broncos first round draft pick and a third round pick.”
    No! He was willing to overpay to get Cassel with the TAMPA BAY BUCANEER’S first and third pick. Even then, that was reported that they were going to send to Denver for Cutler, there is no guarantees that the Broncos would have sent both those picks to New England for Cassel.
    “2) Cassel’s salary is 14million this year. Cutlers is in the 1 million range.”
    You are assuming that the Broncos wouldn’t give Cassel a long term deal which is doubtful. You also assume that even before this mess that Cutler wasn’t going to angle for a new contract himself, which is also doubtful. In the long run, Cassel could be cheaper than Cutler.
    “Why would the Broncos brain trust ever think this was a good trade off?”
    They didn’t. You got the information wrong. They may be thinking that they could get Cassel and a third round pick (assuming they only shipped the Bucs’ first to NE in the trade) for Cutler which many think might be a good trade off. Cassel fits McDaniels’ offense and quite frankly, I don’t think Cutler will. McDaniels’ offense requires a lot of presnap reads and route modifications. Cutler is notorious for lack of preparation and film study (which is why he usually has bad games vs. better defenses).

24. Fonzie says: Mar 19, 2009 9:51 AM

Some of you – including Florio – are really out to lunch… Cutler is a top 5 QB in this league

25. what now says: Mar 19, 2009 9:57 AM

Interesting it seems… Jay is upset because his team tried to trade him (replace him) and it did not work out. Jay has never won a super bowl, playoff game or anything meaningful. Culpepper would have been benched for sure and possibly cut if Culter went to the Lions. I am no fan of Culpepper but have you heard one peep out of him- nope. He shows up for camp, on time and in shape, ready to play. So, who would you rather have on your team. Culpepper know how fast they ALL forget about you… He is just happy to play. Maybe it would be good for Cutler to sit out a year and get a hungry for success in stead of hungry for attention.

26. Rob0769 says: Mar 19, 2009 10:02 AM

“They ought to trade Cutler to the Vikings so he can go on to win a Super Bowl and laugh at McDaniels and Bowlen both.”
    Cutler win the Super Bowl?!? He choked when he had to win any one of his last three game this past season when all he needed to do was play well in one of them and win to get into the playoffs. Do you really think he is capable of playing well in 3 or 4 games in the playoffs to win the Super Bowl? I sure don’t. The guy has no heart.

27. HarrisonHits says: Mar 19, 2009 10:03 AM

“I guess all athletes should just shut the F up and be good ole’ fooball playes for they masta”
    Masta ? Are you nuts ? Since when does paying someone millions of dollars every year including huge guaranteed up front money make someone a slave holder ? Are you really that slow on the uptake ?
    I was stunned to hear Bus Cook say a couple days ago that the problem came when “Jay’s feelings were hurt”. Please the guy is a whiny little baby. People making a hell of lot less than him get their feelings hurt every single day at work and have to suck it up. I would think paying someone millions a year gives you the right to expect that person not to act like a 5 year old.

28. VaBthang4 says: Mar 19, 2009 10:15 AM

If I am Jay Cutler, I am wanting out of Denver quick fast and in a hurry.
    Offense is great/Defense sucks…but the new head coach comes in and…starts dickin with the offense. Rrrrrright.
    Regardless, the overall notion that a 25 year old guy’s behavior is equal to or somehow worse than the behavior of both this Head Coach and this Owner is raw unprocessed nitwittery.
    Florio has taken that, refined it with some nancy-boy perspective and spit out the refined nitwittery.

29. JackieChiles says: Mar 19, 2009 10:23 AM

LiveNBreath Football summarized it pretty well. I do think Cutler is being a whiny bitch about this, but give him some credit after the whole diabetes deal. McDaniels seems like he’s being an arrogant mother****er for someone who has no head coaching experience.
    Neither side is helping the situation. Bring in J.P. Losman. He has a good arm too.

30. Clayton Bigsby says: Mar 19, 2009 10:43 AM

How does trading Cutler for Cassel help the 2nd to last ranked defense?

31. dave61 says: Mar 19, 2009 11:30 AM

Denver Broncos in total chaos…. Owner gets bad apple from Belicheat tree…. Cutler gets the Bernie Kosar treatment from Josh Mckiddie…Bowden phones Mike Shanahan for help in the Cutler mess, but the fired coach says let your boy wonder come to your rescue. looks like Bowden is gonna play the memory chip card, so he doesn’t get the new Coach flustered….. welcome to hell…. looks like Josh is a twin of Romeo…. flipping coins and letting QBS wonder… heads he gones tails he stays, two bad the coin is two headed….. Raiiders, chiefs and charger fans are smiling……Denver will be the new Detriot lions….. Josh the new Matt Millen….. Bowden the same as Ford….. lol

32. vegas42 says: Mar 19, 2009 11:37 AM

Some media outlet should try to get a comment out of Shanahan on this whole mess. It would be really interesting to see what he has to say…

33. TheKracken says: Mar 19, 2009 11:44 AM

the Broncos need to put an adult in charge of the football side of the organization. Mr. Bowlen needs to bring Sundquist back as the VP to make all the children behave.

34. trinity says: Mar 19, 2009 11:54 AM

Lost in all of this is the fact that the Denver Broncos owner, one Pat Bowlen, fired his coach of 14 years and replaced him with a 32 year old former offensive coordinator. This move was to take the team in a different direction then the one that it was in, mired in mediocrity. Thinking that the defense was the Broncos only problem is looking at the housing crisis and thinking that if people just paid their mortgages everything would be okay. That crisis is bigger than that and so are the problems with the Broncos. You have to look at the problems Coach Shanahan was having in bringing personnel into the program, problems that still exist to this very day and will continue to exist into next season. Brandon Marshall, is the first indicator, the trade of Domonique Foxworth another. Javon Walker, Travis Henry, Ashley Lelie (I just realized thats a girls name) and Jake Plummer are mistakes that have haunted this franchise because of Mike Shanahan’s over inflated ego and this is just the tip of the questionable personnel iceberg. I believe in Jay Cutlers talent but I don’t believe in him as a leader at least not yet. He has shown flashes of brilliance but has been ordinary at times as well. The jury is still out and with the coaching change which by the looks of it will mirror the New England philosophy of eschewing personal fame for the betterment of the team maybe a change is needed.

35. dashoe says: Mar 19, 2009 12:52 PM

Rob0769 says:
    March 19th, 2009 at 10:02 am
    _________________________________________________
    What a foolish thing to say.

36. Rob0769 says: Mar 19, 2009 1:39 PM

“I usually don’t take part in ignorance, but…….Do you even watch football? To say Cutler choked is obsurd. Why, because his defense couldn’t stop anybody?
    What a foolish thing to say.”
    Yeah, it is foolish to say that getting 2 TDs and 4 INTs in the last three games is choking. That is stepping up and carrying a team. Any QB could score 2-3 TDs a game in that situation, but winners throws less than a TD and more than an INT a game in that situation. Of course Cutler choked. So did the defense. The guy scored 23 TDs the first 13 games and 2 the last three. Ok, he didn’t choke so much in the Buffalo game, but he clearly did in Carolina and San Deigo.
    The Denver defense sucked all year. Cutler needed to step up and he didn’t. Manning carried plenty of worse defenses into the playoffs. So has Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Carson Palmer, etc.

37. Rob0769 says: Mar 19, 2009 1:43 PM

I will conceed this. Cutler isn’t the brightest QB and makes a lot of costly mistakes and maybe the fact that he is an INT machine was just exasterbated by the fact the defense played so poorly.

38. duke_ford says: Mar 19, 2009 2:40 PM

39. MattR says: Mar 19, 2009 3:22 PM

For everyone who’s all over Cutler for having an inflated view of his importance, let me just repeat the quote from Bowlen at the press conference after Shanahan was fired. “Obviously, he is the man around here now, so I will be talking with Jay.” I wonder why Jay might have had the impression that he was more than just a typical employee.

40. ghost says: Mar 19, 2009 3:30 PM

You people who keep talking about Jay’s ‘big arm’, so what? That does not a QB make, and McDaniels knows it.
    Trent Dilfer is proving to be a very astute analyst and had this to say, first about what it takes to be a franchise QB, and then on the Vikings QB situation.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff,” Dilfer said. “It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations.
    ”I think that Sage Rosenfels, Tarvaris Jackson and Jay Cutler are all in the same boat in that sense. None have proven they can do it a high level consistently. I don’t think because Cutler is a marquee name that he brings you any more quality in those situations.”

41. Boltpride17 says: Mar 19, 2009 3:36 PM

Im sorry Broncho fans that this has happened to your team I am a die hard Chargers fan and I loved the whole Rivers vs Cutler thing. I thought wed watch these guys go at it for the next decade. Bowlen needs to trade Cutler and fire McDaniels start over.

42. bigwalt2990 says: Mar 19, 2009 3:49 PM

Detroit fan here, and I have a man crush on JC….Jay Cutler

43. Rob0769 says: Mar 19, 2009 4:08 PM

“Robo, none of the QB’s you mentioned EVER played with a defense as bad as Denver’s was last year. Your argument is therefore null and void. As for the rest of you Cutler-haters, I’d advise you to read Woody Paige’s column in today’s Denver Post. He sums it up quite nicely. Denver’s “brain trust” is the main culprit here, not Jay Cutler or Bus Cook.”
    Your first problem with your argument is that you use Woody Paige as your expert for the argument. Isn’t that a little like using Forrest Gump as your expert? Well Forrest Gump without Gump’s superior brain power. I will read Paige’s article because whatever he writes is usually comedic gold. The guy makes Jay Mariotti look intelligent on Around the Horn.
    As for defenses, my argument isn’t null and void since none of the QBs I mentioned has the receiving corp Cutler had. Marshall may be a doink, but he is one of the best young WRs in the league. In 2004, the Colts’ defense gave up 8 less yards a game than the 2007 Broncos. Peyton Manning broke the TD record that year.
    As for Cutler hater, I admit I don’t like the guy because he is an egomanical crybaby, but I hate Philip Rivers even more and I think he is much better QB and has the potential to be elite if he got a consistent defense and some top notch receivers like Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. I hate Peyton Manning and I think he is one of the best of all times and still has a shot at being the best. I hate Roethlisberger, but I realize he is a great QB.

44. duke_ford says: Mar 19, 2009 6:07 PM

Robo;
    “Around the Horn” is just TV schtick – it’s an act. Those guys are expected to act like buffoons. Paige has been a good writer for years, but he’s nobody’s “expert”, least of all mine. His take on the Cutler fiasco makes more sense than anything I’ve read thus far.
    Personally, I’m tired of this “Cutler is an overrated crybaby, blah blah blah” nonsense. He made the Pro Bowl last year, didn’t he? Plus, Bowlen told him (and everyone else) that he was “the man”. Then they try to trade him? Any player would be pissed; a franchise QB that much more.
    I’m sure that I don’t need to mention that having great recievers doesn’t guarrantee a playoff spot when your defense is one of the all-time worst, and you’re working with the fifth, sixth, and seventh (or whatever) starting RB. When defenses don’t respect your running game, it makes passing (and winning) that much more difficult.
    You mentioned the Colt’s ’04 defense. How many points did they give up per game? Finally, comparing Peyton in ’04 (what, his 6th year?) to Cutler in ’08 (his second as a starter) is hardly equitable.

45. willowloks says: Mar 19, 2009 7:17 PM

I think that I speak for most Bronco fans when I say that Pat Bowlen must put Josh McDaniels in his place here and tell McDaniels to put his ego aside, swallow his pride and tell Cutler that he made a huge mistake in listening to trade offers. Also, let Jay know that he is not on the trading block. Cutler- You can’t go on being disgruntled because your QB coach was allowed to leave. Personnel moves are going to be made all around you during your career. Get over it! Bowlen- STOP siding with your coach on everything and grow some BALLS! You of all should know that a great QBs like Jay don’t come around often. Look at what your franchise has done since Elway left. Cutler is just getting started and there is no guarantee that McDaniels can groom some fake no talent one year wonder like Cassel in Denver.

46. LonesomeDave says: Mar 19, 2009 8:02 PM

Its all still unbeleivable to me.. A team with a fine offense and no defense gets a new, unproven head coach who manages to blow up the offense without fixing the defense..
    How does this happen? Pat Bowlen needs to get rid of this McDaniels. He may end up a decent coach but he screwed this up royally and wont be able to recover.
    Spagnoulo or Rex Ryan would have never blew up the offense

47. willowloks says: Mar 19, 2009 11:41 PM

– This has gone on long enough! Grow some balls and tell this first time no experience havin head coach who you’ve given the keys to Denver to that he must swallow his pride and apologize for wronging Cutler like he did. Quit siding with McDaniels on everything and think about your franchise. QBs like Cutler don’t come around often and remember, he’s just getting started. Don’t get me wrong I hope McDaniels does succeed but you cannot allow him to push your STAR QB out the door. How many times did we see Jay lead the offense down the field only to have our SORRY ASS defense give it right back? That’s exactly my point. The offense ain’t broke so don’t try and fix it.
    Cutler- You are upset cuz they let go of Jeremy Bates? Get over it! You’re gonna have coaches and players coming and going your whole career. Suck it up MAN! WE NEED YOU in Denver and I hope that you stay the duration of your career there.
    Lastly, McDaniels- You need to put your ego aside my friend and apologize to Jay. It’s the only way to mend this broken relationship. I commend you for bringing the best out in a no talent havin havent started since high school quarterback in Matt Cassel but this is Jay Cutler! This is a Blue Chip athlete who is a few players on defense away from the Super Bowl. Choose wisely our Franchise depends on it.