Convicted Drug Dealer Apologizes to Buckhalter

Styles Beckles, a drug dealer who was on trial last week in Philadelphia, has apologized in writing to former Eagles and current Broncos running back Correll Buckhalter for a written statement claiming that Buckhalter routinely bought high-end marijuana from Beckles.
The apology, released by Beckles’ counsel and forwarded to PFT, states a follows:
“I want to apologize to Correll Buckhalter and [former Temple football player] Keita Crespina for any personal or professional embarrassment I may have caused them.  I [was] coerced and manipulated into making a statement implicating these two gentlemen as purchasers of marijuana.  The State Police wiretapped my phone, listened to every phone conversation I [had] in [D]ecember 2005 and January 2006 and twisted those conversations out of context to convince a judge I was a drug dealer.  Nothing could be furthe [sic] from the truth.
“I never sold marijuana to Correll Buckhakter.  The police listened to one conversation I had with Correll and decided it was about marijuana.  Its [sic] not the truth.   I have never sold, talked about selling or given marijuana or anything else illegal to Correll Buckhalter.
“I went to Temple University with Keita Crespina.  Again, the police listened to a lot of private phone converstaions [sic] I had with Keita, twisted the conversations into something tehy [sic] were not and used erroneous conclusions about those conversations to convince a judge I was a marijuana dealer.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  I have [not] sold or given anything illegal to Keita.
“I hope Correll and Keita will accpet [sic] my apology.  You do not deserve this.  My life has been a real life version of ‘Enemy of the State’ since my arrest on February 1, 2006.  And my life has been a real life version of ‘Training Day’ since I was rearrested on April 24, 2008.”
Whether anyone believes Beckles remains to be seen.   A jury heard his version of the events last week, and opted not to find that reasonable doubt existed as to whether Beckles was a drug dealer.  And so the jury convicted him on two counts of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
Thus, it’s also reasonable, in our opinion, to doubt Beckles’ denial that he sold drugs to Buckhalter — and likewise to doubt Buckhalter’s denial that he purchased pot from Beckles.
UPDATE:  As our own Taco Bill points out, the evidence against Beckles also includes a ledger entry indicating that Buckhalter was one of Beckles’ customers.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Legal, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
21 Responses to “Convicted Drug Dealer Apologizes to Buckhalter”
  1. alansaysyo says: Mar 24, 2009 9:29 AM

Holy proofreading, Batman. Who serves as this guy’s counsel? Lionel Hutz?

2. Campbell2Mossfor6 says: Mar 24, 2009 9:33 AM

My life has been a real life version of ‘Enemy of the State’ since my arrest on February 1, 2006. And my life has been a real life version of ‘Training Day’ since I was rearrested on April 24, 2008.”
    lmao so hes a will smith and denzel washington hybrid? Would make for one helluva movie.

3. Somnambulus says: Mar 24, 2009 9:53 AM

Legalize it, don’t criticize it.

4. lee says: Mar 24, 2009 9:54 AM

and made an example out of a 2nd tier pro athlete.
    any fool knows this is the truth

5. MoparMan says: Mar 24, 2009 10:10 AM

I think he was stoned when he wrote the apology. When trying to convince people of not being a pothead, I wouldn’t make references to your life being like a couple movies you enjoyed when you were baked.

6. ABROWNSFAN says: Mar 24, 2009 10:25 AM

Ìm sure he’s afraid of getting shot or something if he didn’t come out and say that.

7. 4thFloor says: Mar 24, 2009 10:30 AM

He isn’t a Drug Dealer. You better change the title before you get a defamation lawsuit. He just held the Mary Jane to be delivered………..

8. jimicos says: Mar 24, 2009 10:35 AM

That’s funny. My life has been a real-life version of ‘Being John Malkovich’ inside of a real-life version of ‘All of Me’. It’s pretty wild.

9. SC_Raven_Fan says: Mar 24, 2009 10:55 AM

Isn’t HGH illegal? So, “Lights Out” Merriman serves a suspension then everything is fine. He pissed hot and the evidence was scientifically proven. Correll MAY have bought pot, it’s unproven, but gets his name dragged through the mud… news cycle after news cycle.
    I’m not on the “Legalize it” bandwagon, but we all gotta admit: this is bass ackwards!

10. JimmySmith says: Mar 24, 2009 11:05 AM

Hold the presses, you mean to tell us that a felon told a lie?
    who would have thought?

11. ManicX says: Mar 24, 2009 11:23 AM

Like Daniel Tosh said, I wish they would just legalize marijuana already… so potheads would have nothing to talk about.

12. jvn36 says: Mar 24, 2009 11:30 AM

Sc raven… do you know how many roided out players you had on ur superbowl roster? ha and dont even make me bring up the siragusa cheap shot….

13. bender says: Mar 24, 2009 11:48 AM

“if there was proof buckhalter did anything, trust me those fools mascarading as law enforcement in PA would have arrested him”
    I would enjoy watching you say that to a State Trooper.

14. LT_no_trespassing says: Mar 24, 2009 12:15 PM

Just saw ESPN actually cite profootballtalk in referencing this story on the ticker!

15. secretd says: Mar 24, 2009 12:30 PM

It’s Peter Tosh who said “legalize it” no?

16. Buster says: Mar 24, 2009 12:43 PM

Homeboy needs to put the pipe down and learn how to spell.

17. questionmark says: Mar 24, 2009 1:15 PM

“…the evidence against Beckles also includes a ledger entry indicating that Buckhalter was one of Beckles’ customers.”
    Always smart to keep a ledger of your illegal cash dealings. Did this guy accept VISA or Master Card?

18. SC_Raven_Fan says: Mar 24, 2009 2:31 PM

jvn36 says:
    March 24th, 2009 at 11:30 am
    ———————————–
    This is an obvious ploy to bait me into a discussion about the “6 rings” actually being 2 legit rings and 4 fake gold and cubic zirconia rings. Can’t bait me, chump.
    This is about PFT and ESPN dragging Bukhalter’s name in the dirt without any evidence despite the fact that the NFL has random drug tests and he never tested hot (that I can recall). If the Broncos are worried, test him again. Although I’m sure they tested him vefore he signed with them.
    Steroids are not taboo in the NFL but weed is. Both are illegal, though. The imbalance of attention is what I was calling attention to. We should be calling Merriman a cheater the rest of his NFL career, but the fans won’t do it. Correll, on the other hand, gets treated like a junkie but hasn’t been charges with ANYTHING!

19. gb_spottedcow says: Mar 24, 2009 3:16 PM

Florio,
    Saw you quoted on ESPN ticker as the source too. Congrats! Wait… does this mean you are officially part of the “real” media?

20. mdl51 says: Mar 24, 2009 7:54 PM

the dumbest part of that ‘apology’ is that the apology could be admissible at sentencing, if beckles was not sentenced, by the state as evidence beckles has no regrets about what he did

21. snooop says: Mar 25, 2009 6:06 AM