Stock Rising For Andre Brown

Speedy North Carolina State running back Andre Brown is scheduled to visit the San Diego Chargers, Tennessee Titans, San Francisco 49ers, Houston Texans, New England Patriots and the Jacksonville Jaguars.
He has also conducted a private workout with the Patriots.
The 6’0, 224-pounder registered a hand-timed 4.37 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine with an official time of 4.47.
“I’m hearing I could go in the second or third round,” Brown told us in a telephone interview. “My workouts and my performance at the Senior Bowl have really helped me a lot. … I’m an old-fashioned guy. I love Walter Payton, how hard he ran. I’m a big back that has speed. I’m an every-down type of back.”
At the combine, Brown posted a 37-inch vertical leap and bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times. He was the fourth-fastest running back at the combine.
A former Parade Magazine All-American in high school, Brown rushed for 2,403 career yards and 21 touchdowns, averaging 4.8 yards per carry. He has recovered from a broken left foot that hampered him in 2007 and 2008.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Stock Rising For Andre Brown”
  1. Kevin from Philly says: Mar 26, 2009 8:12 PM

Surprised the Eagles aren’t looking at him. Wonder if he can catch out of the backfield.

2. NYJets28 says: Mar 26, 2009 8:21 PM

can I still read Parade Magazine?

3. tenakeytyrant says: Mar 26, 2009 8:21 PM

this guy is actually my favorite rb coming out the draft. so im glad hes getting some recogition. it took e a log time to figure out who he looked like but now i think his game mirrors terrell davis

4. tenakeytyrant says: Mar 26, 2009 8:25 PM

good to see he is getting some recognition..hes my favorite rb coming out the draft. took me a while to figure out whos game his mirrored but i think he mirrors terrell davis…hopefully the titans pick him up since lendale will prolly leave after this yr

5. 777 says: Mar 26, 2009 8:25 PM

packers will always need a power back

6. VYElectrify says: Mar 26, 2009 8:26 PM

Great, we’re looking at him and Ringer. Go ahead and spend another first day pick on a runningback.. great.

7. EaglesJagssomeday says: Mar 26, 2009 9:14 PM

i think that he would have been wise to say that he is a role player and not a every down back. the everydown back maybe phased out of the NFL soon, in my opinion
    if he gets arrested between now and draft day he goes to the Jags

8. dolphindiehard says: Mar 26, 2009 11:31 PM

I went to school at NC State (wrestler) and still live in Raleigh so I have followed Andre Brown closely through his career. It’s a shame he had the ankle problems cause this kid was/is the real deal. He ran like a stud behind a consistently (hurts me to say) sub par offensive line. He does have the mix of size/speed/power that any team could immediately benefit from. He’s also level headed and loves the game. And yes, Kevin from Philly, he catches the ball well (though few compare to your Brian Westbrook 😉

9. bigvinnyinjax says: Mar 27, 2009 6:28 AM

Jaguars could use someone with Freddie T now a Patsie.

10. jbwbubba says: Mar 27, 2009 9:51 AM

I followed Andre’s career closely in college and he is a good back. He was held back by injuries and lack of solid line play in college. He’s a tough runner and equally able to run inside and out. He can catch the ball out of the backfield, although not a great receiver. Worst attribute, he had a tendency to disappear at times in games or go down after first contact. However, more than a few times he broke numerous tackles for big plays.