ESPN Online Guide Lists April 14 Schedule Release Show

In past years, folks who find themselves obsessed with the looming release of the coming campaign’s regular-season schedule have scoped out the NFL Network online schedule for evidence of the date and time on which the slate of games will be publicized.
This year, ESPN apparently has let the cat out of the bag.
A reader has sent us a link to the ESPN online television schedule, and it currently (as of this posting) shows a “SportsCenter Schedule Release Special” for April 14 at 2:00 p.m.
If that’s indeed the scheduled release time for the release of the schedule, NFLN has yet to tip its hand.¬† For April 14 at 2:00 p.m., NFL Network is scheduled to air an episode of Path To The Draft.
A league source recently explained to us that the week of April 13 is the most likely target for the release of the schedule, since the baseball season launches and the Masters will be played next week.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
19 Responses to “ESPN Online Guide Lists April 14 Schedule Release Show”
  1. schweinehund says: Apr 2, 2009 11:19 PM

A story about a show to release the schedule? This is about as useful as teets on a tomcat.

2. kdish87 says: Apr 2, 2009 11:22 PM

Third year of college… third straight year I have class at that time. Eh, screw class

3. Ralph GreNader says: Apr 2, 2009 11:26 PM

This is like the Hockey draft. Who the F-ck cares? A schedule release show!?!?!?

4. JSS84 says: Apr 2, 2009 11:41 PM

Bears fans will probably call in sick that day.

5. MJM1977 says: Apr 2, 2009 11:43 PM

Kdish, sometimes class is very important. And sometimes there are more important things than class. Skip it that day, get the notes from someone that doesn’t skip.

6. superius says: Apr 2, 2009 11:56 PM

I think it’s great that we know when the schedule will be released, that’s great info. I also think that it is completely screwed up that people would watch a show about the schedule being released. I realize that there is a lot of crap on TV but I think reruns of Murder She Wrote might be more entertaining than a show about who plays who and when in the NFL.

7. Elaw6 says: Apr 3, 2009 12:14 AM

A story about a show to release the schedule? This is about as useful as the Brady rule
    Third year of college… third straight year I will spend my financial aid on a plane ticket and game ticket to watch the Jay Cutler-less Washington Redskins embark on a West Coast away Game

8. Colinito says: Apr 3, 2009 12:16 AM

Eh, schedule release just doesn’t do it for me. I’m hoping some other prima donna QB bleeds out his vagina that week so I’ll have something to read about. Go ahead and flame me Bears fans….stand by your new man!

9. Vox Veritas says: Apr 3, 2009 12:29 AM

Is this already a long offseason or what.

10. downsouth49er says: Apr 3, 2009 2:43 AM

it never says it’s the football schedule show…it could be just a special on the baseball season….stupid fan for bringing it to the attention of stupid florio who was stupid enough to write a story about it…stupid asses

11. robfridays says: Apr 3, 2009 6:44 AM

“Bear’s fans will probably call in sick that day”…..Do Bear’s fans have jobs?

12. madcar says: Apr 3, 2009 7:05 AM

Hate to disagree guys, but the release of the NFL schedule is one of the highlights of Spring. Not that I will watch the actual show, but now I can stop checking the NFL sites every your to see when the schedule will be released. Thanks Florio. I usually go on a road trip to see two games a year. Kindof two mini-vacations, so I can finally start planning on the 14th!

13. bradysheroes says: Apr 3, 2009 7:29 AM

Baseball is opening??? Who cares bring out the schedule…

14. cincyeaglefan says: Apr 3, 2009 8:05 AM

Sorry. I’ll be watching the UEFA Champions League Match. Guess I’ll catch the highlights on PTI.

15. footballnut says: Apr 3, 2009 9:44 AM

Is it September yet?

16. Kevin from Philly says: Apr 3, 2009 10:02 AM

Why the delay? If they know the schedule already, put it out now.

17. DJSlyBri says: Apr 3, 2009 11:38 AM

I can’t wait. I need to play my Eagles’ trips to San Diego and Oakland.

18. amichaels says: Apr 3, 2009 12:25 PM

Actually, the baseball season starts the week before and the Masters ends two days before the release.

19. terbsattack says: Apr 3, 2009 4:37 PM

I’m guessing that the schedule has yet to be approved by the commissioner, which would account for why it’s not out yet. I’m a bit anxious to see if that Patriots schedule that was on the other day was at all accurate, smart money is on that it was completely wrong. I’m also anxious to see how wrong Vic Carucci was in saying that the Colts are going to Toronto to play the Bills, cause I would bet he whiffed on that story. My guess is that it’s a interconfertnce matchup.