Iowa Running Back Making His Trips

Shonn Greene, the University of Iowa All-Big Ten Conference running back projected to be drafted in the second round, visited the San Diego Chargers this week, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.
Greene is scheduled to visit the Arizona Cardinals  next week.
The 5’10,” 225-pound power back rushed for 1,850 yards and scored 20 touchdowns last season.
Named the Doak Walker award winner as the nation’s top running back, Greene is regarded as a strong North-South runner who lacks breakaway speed.
Greene has a history of academic problems and will be a 24-year-old rookie.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Iowa Running Back Making His Trips”
  1. filbertkiwi71 says: Apr 2, 2009 1:42 PM

Not a surprise that he is visiting the Chargers. Sproles still hasn’t signed his tender, and LT couldn’t make it through the playoffs the last two seasons.

2. who is that says: Apr 2, 2009 2:18 PM

“Greene has a history of academic problems and will be a 24-year-old rookie.”
    stop hatin’!

3. coolhand56114 says: Apr 2, 2009 2:19 PM

Filbert, that is because LT is the Jay Cutler of RBs. The Eagles should definitely consider Shonn Greene. He would be a great compliment to Westbrook. As a PSU fan, I watched him hand us our only loss of the season last year, and I don’t care what his 40 time reads–THIS GUY IS THE REAL DEAL!

4. mi beardo es loco says: Apr 2, 2009 2:25 PM

5. dashoe says: Apr 2, 2009 2:26 PM

coolhand56114 says:
    April 2nd, 2009 at 2:19 pm
    Filbert, that is because LT is the Jay Cutler of RBs.
    _________________________________________
    A ProBowler?

6. who is that says: Apr 2, 2009 2:29 PM

“Greene has a history of academic problems and will be a 24-year-old rookie.”
    stop hatin…

7. sausage_mcgriddle says: Apr 2, 2009 2:39 PM

“If the Chargers could get a 2nd and 4th for Sproles, take that and draft Greene in the 2nd. That would leave the Chargers with like 5 4th round picks.”
    Who is giving SD that for sproles?

8. Pea Tear Griffin says: Apr 2, 2009 3:20 PM

Not only did he hand PSU our first loss of the season, he gashed us for well over a hunderd yrds (only time all season, take that Beanie Wells) and I believe a pair of scores.
    That said, he’s certainly talented…to me I have him ranked as the #4 back in the draft (behind Moreno, Wells, and Brown). He could sneak up into the 1st (to AZ at 31) based on his impressive pro-day.

9. coolhand56114 says: Apr 2, 2009 11:01 PM

Yeah, I missed my point when I wrote earlier that LT was the Cutler of RBs… I guess it is not fair to call him a cry baby, but I have to say it is very convenient that a guy who has always been relatively healthy during the regular season (aside from this past season) always seems to get dinged up in crunch time. I guess your boy Marty rubbed off on him.

10. ncpeters says: Apr 3, 2009 12:14 PM

I watched every one of his games this year and he’s a beast. I think he’d fit best in Houston as the power component to Slaton’s speed. Greene will never be a great receiver but he’s a good blocker and could play with Slaton or another team with a fast back.