Stallworth Booked, Released

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte’ Stallworth was booked at the Miami-Dade County jail and released on $200,000 bond on a felony charge of DUI manslaughter today before speaking with reporters, according to Jennifer Lebovich of the Miami Herald.
Accompanied by his mother, Stallworth conducted a brief interview before leaving in a silver Lexus.
”I just want to extend my condolences to the Reyes family,” Stallworth said. “My prayers are with them. I have full confidence and faith in the legal process.”
Per the article, Stallworth appeared before the presiding judge this morning and was then handcuffed and taken to jail.
Under the terms of his bail, Stallworth is permitted to live in Florida or Ohio. However, he must inform the court of his travel plans and receive permission for any other trips outside of those states.
Plus, he’s not allowed to consume alcohol and will be subject to the NFL’s substance-abuse testing program. Also, he must abide by a midnight to 6 a.m. curfew and isn’t allowed to drive.
If convicted, Stallworth could face four to 15 years in prison.

Permalink 16 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
16 Responses to “Stallworth Booked, Released”
  1. Kevin from Philly says: Apr 2, 2009 1:12 PM

No suspended licence?

2. dblake721 says: Apr 2, 2009 1:20 PM

This seems to be a change in the typical NFL player code of conduct… He made a mistake, hes owned up to it, followed the letter of the law (so far), seem really sorry for his actions and is willing to pay the price. I dont see him trying to do a Plaxico deal where being a “celebrity” can help get you off with out paying for your actions… sorry to see this happen to someone who had so much potential..

3. Thunderlipps says: Apr 2, 2009 1:21 PM

Not that its a laughing matter, but all I can picture is Horatio Cane on the scene pushing up his shades, vowing to get Stallworth…

4. kona10 says: Apr 2, 2009 1:21 PM

BUBBA AND THE BOYS NEW ROUTE,,,DOWN,IN,OUT,,,OUCHY

5. xskippzx says: Apr 2, 2009 1:23 PM

Ah, I remember the days when the Days Without An Arrest counter would reach double digits. Now, the three most recent articles are all player related legal issues. And substance-abuse articles, no less.

6. AdamF says: Apr 2, 2009 1:23 PM

ummm…go brownies?

7. jdblya says: Apr 2, 2009 1:27 PM

All I can say is boy better be on his best behavior and keep saying the right things.

8. jwill007 says: Apr 2, 2009 1:31 PM

Im not going to judge the guy I just hope he is remorseful that he pays the family or works out a settlement and also that he gets his life right…It hurts me to see these youngs guys blow their opportunities because they think they are under control…Players with these opportunites PLEASE call a cab a friend or just stay the night….SOMETHING! God Bless the Reyes & Stallworth families as they will both need it….

9. ronry says: Apr 2, 2009 1:39 PM

Now that Stallworthless has been officially arrested, he has scored more points for the Browns in the Turd Watch than he did in th NFL.

10. Wrathchild says: Apr 2, 2009 1:44 PM

The driver of the silver Lexus then took Stallworth to Walmart to purchase soap-on-a-roap.

11. mi beardo es loco says: Apr 2, 2009 2:23 PM

alcohol killed someone!?! oh my gosh.
    so why is cannabis illegal again? I forgot.

12. titans_fan says: Apr 2, 2009 2:31 PM

@dblake721
    Huh? And you base that on him letting them arrest him? Shouldn’t we say the same about Plax, cause he did let the cops arrest him, too.

13. jamaltimore says: Apr 2, 2009 3:21 PM

good thing he’s just Charged with running OVER and Killing A HUMAN BEING WHILE HE WAS DRUNK! NO worries this thing happened before in the NFL, LL, so they can handle it. BUT IF HE had killed a dog he would have been all over the tv and newspapers. In stallworth’s case pft is already saying he can cop a plea cause he may have not been 100% guilty because of where the accident occured. Not even having to go to jail WHAT A JOKE!
    FREE MIKE VIKE!

14. dave61 says: Apr 2, 2009 3:55 PM

I wonder if Ray Lewis and Leonard Little are advising him how he still could be an NFL star………. i can see Ray Lewis pursing his lips and saying sssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…. I hope the Browns offer the family a fully paid college tuition and perhaps help the widow of Mr. Reyes…..I know Lerner will he seems to have a good heart………. but with that said…. please America tonight when you rest your heads down on the pillow…. please say a prayer Mr. Reyes and his family…… my sister got hit in 1957 by a drunk dentist then he back over her head cause he didnt no what he hit…. 53 days in a coma at Rainbows baby and children and it wiped our family out into bankrupcy

15. stanjam says: Apr 2, 2009 3:59 PM

There is no excuse. I mean, if you have that kind of money, and you want to drink, WHY drive? WHY take that kind of risk? His career could and SHOULD be over. At some point we need to recognize that the amazing sums of money these players make puts them at a different level, and they should act themselves accordingly. Vick is another one that should never see the NFL field again.

16. PatchesOHoulohan says: Apr 2, 2009 5:34 PM