Brady's Agent Has No Knowledge Of Gunshot Incident

A fairly mundane Sunday afternoon got significantly more spicy amid the emergence of allegations that security personnel fired shots at photographers who were taking pictures of the Tom Brady-Gisele Bundchen wedding celebration thing in Costa Rica.
The initial reports suggested that the gunmen were part of Gisele’s security detail.
A fairly mundane Monday morning has gotten significantly more spicy via a follow-up story in the New York Post, which suggests that the men who fired the shots were tied to the new Mr. Bundchen, not the new Mrs. Brady.
After the two photographers left the scene of the renewal of the Brady-Bundchen vows that were first recited earlier this year, the picture-takers claim that they were approached by men who said, “Tom Brady just wants to talk to you.  It’s OK, nothing’s going to happen.”
So when they returned to the house (we’ve got a feeling that the place is a bit more elaborate than a mere “house”), they allegedly were swarmed by members of the wedding party and five hired goons dressed in black.
“Take a picture of me now, you f–ker!  F–k you,” Brady’s best man allegedly said.  (Wow.  We didn’t know that Brady and Plaxico Burress were so close.)
The photographers then were allowed to leave, apparently after persuading the men that they hadn’t taken a single picture.
But the goon squad apparently didn’t buy it.  Allegedly.  After the photogs got to their car, they claim that one of “Brady’s men” pulled out a pistol and shot out the rear window of their vehicle.
So maybe, just maybe, Brady himself will be caught up in the investigation that might or might not be conducted by Costa Rican authorities.
And the wagon-circling for several people’s meal ticket already has begun.  Brady’s agent, for example, has offered the obligatory Sgt. Schulz reaction.
I have no knowledge of the events being described,” Don Yee told the Associated Press via e-mail Sunday night.  “Additionally, security personnel have reported they do not have any knowledge of such an event.  Given this, I have no other comment.”
Unless Yee has a weakness for macaroons, look for more of the same from the Brady camp.
And so the question will ultimately be whether the authorities in Costa Rica have the ability, the resources, and the will to explore fully and fairly the charges that these men have made — especially in light of the fact that most of the folks involved likely will be vacating the island soon, if they haven’t already left.
UPDATE:  Oops.  It’s not an island.  I get Costa Rica and Puerto Rico confused sometimes.  Just like anecdote and antidote.  At least the former never caused a fatality.  (Nod to that comedian who’s always drinking a Scotch and smoking a cigar.)

Permalink 60 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
60 Responses to “Brady's Agent Has No Knowledge Of Gunshot Incident”
  1. PFTiswhatitis says: Apr 6, 2009 9:41 AM

Im a football fan and photog but I have to say…who cares.

2. FF Geek says: Apr 6, 2009 9:41 AM

This story is getting crazy. Do you really want us to feel sorry for paparazzi?! If I’d gone out to Costa Rica to have a private ceremony away from the, I would have shot them myself if/when I found they’d violated that privacy. Don’t give me that BS about public figures signing over their privacy rights when they endorsed that first million dollar check. What does a person have to do to have their privacy respected?
    I just loved the earlier story where the photographers suggested that it was “insane” to shoot at them. If I went on to private property to take a picture of someone who didn’t want a picture taken of them, I would be insane if I was surprised when they reacted violently. I wonder what the laws are regarding protection of private property in Costa Rica. I can’t wait to read the story of outrage when “Brady gets off without any charges after it’s discovered he fired the shots.” All you Brady-bashers are sure to go nuts claiming it’s racism tha Brady can get away with it and Plaxico can’t.

3. efftwofiddy says: Apr 6, 2009 9:41 AM

It’s a slow news day, this is what he does. Nothing to see here, move along…

4. terradawg says: Apr 6, 2009 9:43 AM

i didn’t know costa rica was an island.

5. ShotOfGinn says: Apr 6, 2009 9:49 AM

Nothing will ever happen to Tom Brady about this situation.

6. mike428 says: Apr 6, 2009 9:49 AM

“A-Team: The NFL Edition” starring PacMan Jones, Marshawn Lynch and Maurice Clarett.

7. Frick says: Apr 6, 2009 9:51 AM

Didn’t Bob Knight have a run in with Costa Rican authorities?
    Are most of the photogs scum anyway? Would it be a surprise if they didn’t tell the whole truth.

8. wisp33 says: Apr 6, 2009 9:51 AM

BORING

9. rjwill says: Apr 6, 2009 9:52 AM

costa rica is not an island.

10. Tek9 says: Apr 6, 2009 9:56 AM

I don’t care but this sh is funny. Tom Brady an American Gangsta!

11. HelmetKing says: Apr 6, 2009 9:56 AM

Crazy, something equally crazy happened to me last night. The ghost of JFK took me out for a ride on his boat, we talked for hours about politics, the state of nation, and what I should do when I finish college.
    Point is, without EVIDENCE (like a wounded bloody thigh) any jackass can makeup any story they feel like and claim it’s true. Seriously, you expect us to believe the accounts of two people who are paid to sensationalize every moment of a celebrities’ life? Sounds like these gentlemen couldn’t get the photos so they decided to get something even bigger…and thanks to bloggers like Florio it appears they have succeded.

12. JimmySmith says: Apr 6, 2009 9:59 AM

Any chance it was Matt Walsh taking the photos?
    no longer at the behest of Bill Bellicheat I would assume.

13. TCLARK says: Apr 6, 2009 9:59 AM

Watch the haters side with the paparazzi. They will sink to any level.

14. bwnyc says: Apr 6, 2009 10:00 AM

Florio. I know it’s fun to play TMZ, but please please please do just a LITTLE bit of homework first.
    1) Santa Teresa is on the mainland in Costa Rica, which is most definitely NOT an island.
    2) You’re a lawyer. Have you bothered to look into Costa Rican law regarding trespassing?

15. youngone says: Apr 6, 2009 10:01 AM

That would make your year Florio. You should just start a Blog about Legal Issues with ProFootball Players.

16. DC_Bengals_Fan says: Apr 6, 2009 10:03 AM

“Just like anecdote and antidote. At least the former never caused a fatality. (Nod to that comedian who’s always drinking a Scotch and smoking a cigar.)”
    You can’t fix stupid.
    –The comedian who’s always drinking scotch and smoking a cigar

17. peskyspole says: Apr 6, 2009 10:04 AM

Florio wishes Brady’s “gun” would fire in his rear window.

18. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Apr 6, 2009 10:06 AM

If you get bit by a rattlesnake get to the hospital quick for the anecdote.
    Sincerely,
    Emmitt Smith

19. Vox Veritas says: Apr 6, 2009 10:07 AM

“If I went on to private property to take a picture of someone who didn’t want a picture taken of them, I would be insane if I was surprised when they reacted violently.”
    What if you had permission to be on the property and take pictures?

20. HaveYouQuitYourDayJob says: Apr 6, 2009 10:09 AM

Flouride, really, are you really gonna follow this crap, please, please give us two rumor mills, one about football and one for lawyers.
    The worst thing about this post is you don’t even know the name of the comedian,..his name is Ron White, he’s from Texas.
    C’mon man.

21. bwnyc says: Apr 6, 2009 10:10 AM

Thanks for the update on Costa Rica not being an island. But i’m concerned that you easily confuse Costa Rica (another sovereign country) with Puerto Rico, which, you know, is part of the freakin’ UNITED STATES.

22. DarnSkippy says: Apr 6, 2009 10:13 AM

I would believe every word of the photographers. I’m sure they have no reason to lie to make this non-story a national headline.

23. MarkB says: Apr 6, 2009 10:23 AM

This update: Terry Bradshaw is still dead.

24. Jesman says: Apr 6, 2009 10:24 AM

“Didn’t Bob Knight have a run in with Costa Rican authorities?”
    That was the Panamanian authorities during the 1986 Pam Am Games

25. Bob S. says: Apr 6, 2009 10:26 AM

How many of Brady’s Patriots’ team-mates were even invited? Or was this just for those of higher class status?

26. Fail Cat says: Apr 6, 2009 10:35 AM

HUGE surprise that the New York Post landed the scoop on this fable.

27. Vox Veritas says: Apr 6, 2009 10:36 AM

Amazing how the attitudes of PFT Planet change with the color of a subject’s skin. Imagine if this had been TO’s friends shooting at anyone for any reason.

28. east96st says: Apr 6, 2009 10:41 AM

Vox Veritas says:
    “Imagine if this had been TO’s friends shooting at anyone for any reason.”
    Me-O has friends? What is he paying them to say that?

29. Chris from MD says: Apr 6, 2009 10:44 AM

“What if you had permission to be on the property and take pictures? ”

30. Jon Snow says: Apr 6, 2009 10:45 AM

It doesn’t matter if it happened or not, or if it was in Costa Rica or Canton, this obviously reflects negatively on the league so expect an 8 game suspension for Brady (appealed down to a suspension of the first snap of the first 7-on-7 drill of the first day of mini-camp).

31. patspsycho says: Apr 6, 2009 10:47 AM

This is no better than TMZ. Florio, why are you stooping so low to print this? Do you understand the source of this story are the perps themselves? Of course it cannot be independently verified so they can be as far-fetched as they want to be.

32. RobJH says: Apr 6, 2009 10:47 AM

Nice geography, Florio.

33. Chris from MD says: Apr 6, 2009 10:57 AM

Vox Veritas says:
    ————————–
    Wow, you’re a jackass.
    I do some photography work on the side, and I was asked not to take pictures of something, I generally get the hint not to take pictures. If I’m even given a dirty look by someone, I turn the camera off of them and onto another subject, or put the camera away. It has nothing to do with skin color, and everything to do with personal rights.
    We don’t even know if this story is TRUE. Pacman Jones’s stories are true, and proven. There is no proof yet other than what some pappi photogs and the NY Post have said. When a police report is filed, then I’ll say fine, Tom Brady is an ass, and he friends are nothing but a bunch of thugs and hoodlums, but until them, don’t play the race card.

34. tj.52 says: Apr 6, 2009 11:07 AM

So on one side we have the words of 2 unknown slimeballs who’s purpose in life is to advance their own agendas at the total expense of others with absolutely no concern for the well being, wants or desires of their victims.
    On the other side we have the words of the employees of one of the most respected publicly known individuals in our country who has done more good through charity and private work than we will ever know.
    Why would you print the accusations of these dirtbags as if they must be true?
    I accuse you of being a jackass.
    Print that one.
    Jackass.

35. tj.52 says: Apr 6, 2009 11:10 AM

“Oops. It’s not an island. I get Costa Rica and Puerto Rico confused sometimes.”
    _____________________________________________________________________
    Yeah, I get Mike Florio and Mike Lombardi confused sometimes. Then I remember that Mike Lombardi knows what he’s talking about.

36. Vox Veritas says: Apr 6, 2009 11:22 AM

“I don’t believe an outside firm (INF) would have permission to be sneaking around at a wedding, just saying.. ”
    The article says that they were on a neighbor’s property and were taking pics from like 300 feet away.

37. Vox Veritas says: Apr 6, 2009 11:25 AM

“I do some photography work on the side, and I was asked not to take pictures of something, I generally get the hint not to take pictures.”
    Who cares? Here’s an idea. Don’t take pictures of anything, ever again.
    $50 says that just went right over your head.

38. colesslaw says: Apr 6, 2009 11:28 AM

Wow, you guys act like Tom Brady was hunting humans in his spare time. It was his wedding, he was probably busy being with his bride and such. So some paps got assaulted by some security guards…big deal. That shit happens every day.

39. Vox Veritas says: Apr 6, 2009 11:29 AM

1’s are 5’s to me, by the way. Just like when you call your boss an “asshole”, he knows he’s doing a good job.

40. south-fl-steel says: Apr 6, 2009 11:32 AM

seems like brady should loved guys who take pictures and video. hell, they helped him win 3 superbowls.
    ……cue the crying.

41. nsw-pirates says: Apr 6, 2009 11:44 AM

“I get Costa Rica and Puerto Rico confused sometimes.”
    WOW!
    Given this I think I should look into WVU’s Law program.

42. Chris from MD says: Apr 6, 2009 11:55 AM

“Who cares? Here’s an idea. Don’t take pictures of anything, ever again.
    $50 says that just went right over your head. ”
    Wow, sweet, you’re asking me not to take pictures. Thanks.😦
    Look, the papparos were invading privacy. Trying to nab some photos from over 300ft away? They couldn’t have been seeing much, so why bother? The papparos were just looking for trouble and they got it. They weren’t invited to the wedding, hence the reason they had to pay the neighbor to use the property to try and snap some shots.
    I’m also not really buying into the NY Posts story of a .38 caliber bullet shattering back glass, going through the windshield, hiting a wiper-arm, and then landing in the car. If it truly was a “pistol” and not a revolver, there aren’t many .38 caliber pistols made today, the only “.38” caliber pistol that is popular is a .380. I can’t see bodyguards carrying .380’s as they don’t have much stopping power. They’ll barely penetrate 9 inches of gel…

43. mrmagoo says: Apr 6, 2009 11:56 AM

Vox Veritas says:
    April 6th, 2009 at 11:29 am
    ____________________
    Is that why you use multiple screen names to give yourself 5’s?

44. VanB says: Apr 6, 2009 12:03 PM

I don’t know if anyone bothered to check, but I’m pretty sure Costa Rica is a Non-Extradition country. So even if Brady is charged (which is unlikely given that there is no indication he took any action or directed anyone to take action in this incident), there is really no liklihood that he would face any sort of legal proceedings unless he went to Costa Rica of his own accord after charges were filed.

45. Ralphie says: Apr 6, 2009 12:07 PM

Floio says, “I get Costa Rica and Puerto Rico confused sometimes. Just like anecdote and antidote.”
    The tripe you’ve been posting lately would lead me to believe you also confuse “football and highball”. The draft can’t get here soon enough. Hopefully that’ll get you back on your game.

46. tj.52 says: Apr 6, 2009 1:09 PM

@Vox Veritas:
    Wow, you’re a loser.
    And a racist.
    And your spelling sucks.
    Other than that, I have nothing else to say to you.

47. Campy5 says: Apr 6, 2009 1:30 PM

I’m glad someone took a stand against the paparazzi

48. Campy5 says: Apr 6, 2009 1:32 PM

Bob S., would you want Matt Light at your wedding? I’d rather have Brazilian Victoria Secret models present than a dbag left tackle.

49. JimmySmith says: Apr 6, 2009 2:25 PM

Just for everyone’s information, Vox is just trying to get your goat. He has a man crush on TO and is just upset because he bought an economy jar of KY for the upcoming season and now TO is in Buffalo. He can use the KY for Romo but regrettably, Romo likes fat ass girls, now sissy fruit cakes the likes of Vox.
    So go easy on him, he is suffering from withdrawal symptons.

50. bonecity7 says: Apr 6, 2009 3:08 PM

Vox is the biggest troll on the internet!! I know that pleases you, Vox……because you’re pathetic!!

51. VOR says: Apr 6, 2009 3:15 PM

Brady’s ass should be hauled into Goodell’s office over this one. Everyone was quick to string-up Lynch for a loaded gun in a bag in his trunk, yet it’s okay to have your goons shoot at people? I don’t care that the paparazzi are scumbags. You tell them to GTFOH and that’s it.

52. Kevin from Philly says: Apr 6, 2009 3:29 PM

Florio, you dope. Not only don’t you know geography, you don’t even know that Sgt. Shultz’ weakness was apple strudel, not macaroons! Guess you were watching Gilligans Island instead of Hogan’s Heroes. So, Ginger or Maryanne?

53. supafly says: Apr 6, 2009 4:18 PM

Even if there is some wrong doing or misjudgment, the only person who would be in any question of trouble would be whomever shot the gun.
    Any we all know that it wasn’t Tom Brady. How in the world could he be held accountable for something someone else did?
    No one will even be questioned or charged with anything, and if someone is, it surely won’t be Tom Brady. What did he do wrong?
    Some of you haters floor me with your total stupidity.

54. supafly says: Apr 6, 2009 4:27 PM

Good idea “VOR”
    Yeah, let’s haul Brady into the league offices because one of their hired bodyguards decided to act stupidly. What the hell does that have to do with Brady?
    Why would he be held accountable for what another person did? And even if the bodyguard were held accountable, he’d just claim he was doing his job–soooo, nothing at all to argue about here
    The only way that Brady would even be questioned by the NFL, is if he, himself, had pulled the trigger. And we all know the chances of that

55. Marima says: Apr 6, 2009 4:54 PM

Wow, two “freelance photographers” minding their own business, just happened per chance upon the Brady-Bundchen wedding party and coincidentally were carrying cameras with long lenses but hadn’t taken any pictures at all.
    The shooting went too far, but those two low-life bottom feeders with the cameras should be prosecuted. Like the insects they are, they think they can go anywhere and do whatever they want without consequences.

56. JoeSixPack says: Apr 6, 2009 8:50 PM

What’s the world coming to when you can’t even trust tabloid journalists to tell the truth anymore.
    Who would have ever imagined that the paparazzi would fabricate a story just to sell photos and newspapers?

57. Vox Veritas says: Apr 7, 2009 12:08 AM

“Is that why you use multiple screen names to give yourself 5’s?”
    No, I do that to keep dumbass Steeler fans guessing which ones are me.

58. Vox Veritas says: Apr 7, 2009 12:09 AM

“Romo likes fat ass girls,”
    Well he IS from Wisconsin.

59. mrmagoo says: Apr 7, 2009 8:37 AM

Vox Veritas says:
    April 7th, 2009 at 12:08 am
    “Is that why you use multiple screen names to give yourself 5’s?”
    No, I do that to keep dumbass Steeler fans guessing which ones are me.
    ___________________
    On the internet (unlike in real life) you know who your daddy is.
    Take that bass out your voice, boy.

60. cramjones says: Apr 7, 2009 3:09 PM

I’ve been trying to do some speed reading but obviously I need to slow down. I thought the headling read “cumshot” not “gunshot”. Oops.