Harvin, Nicks, Britt Out Of Round One?

In the same radio spot during which’s Tony Pauline explains that he stands behind what his sources have told him regarding Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji’s positive marijuana test result from the February Scouting Combine, Pauline claims that three receivers whom many regard as being round-one prospects might not be drafted until the second round, at the earliest.
Pauline pegs Florida’s Percy Harvin, Kenny Britt of Rutgers, and North Carolina’s Hakeem Nicks as receivers who might not be receiving a first-round rookie contract.
Pauline describes Harvin as being on the fringes of round one, and Pauline says that Nicks will have a hard time getting in to the first 32 picks.  Pauline thinks that Britt will be shut out of the first round.
Last year, no receivers were taken in round one of the draft.
As to Harvin, Pauline points to “personality issues” that will prevent Harvin from meshing with a lot of coaches, as well as durability concerns, describing Harvin as the receiver version of Reggie Bush.
Pauline didn’t mention that Harvin reportedly tested positive for marijuana at the Combine.  The fact that neither Harvin nor his agent have responded to the report has prompted many league insiders to conclude that the report was/is accurate.
We’ll find out whether Harvin, Britt, and/or Nicks are first-round draft picks in two weeks.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
23 Responses to “Harvin, Nicks, Britt Out Of Round One?”
  1. Eddie Drycleaner says: Apr 11, 2009 9:01 PM

No Florio family night this week? “uh oh!”

2. mb691 says: Apr 11, 2009 9:04 PM

The Boz could make Chuck Norris his bitch if he chose to do so.

3. roscoeparrishfan1994 says: Apr 11, 2009 9:05 PM

I’m almost positive that Desean Jackson got drafted in round one.

4. theBROWNguy says: Apr 11, 2009 9:06 PM

how much of a difference is first round money compared to second round money?
    would a team still draft RAJI even with his weed problem? how far will he drop?

5. Bud Grant says: Apr 11, 2009 9:13 PM

Don’t take wide receivers in the first round! Has Matt Millen taught us nothing?

6. Mike Florio says: Apr 11, 2009 9:16 PM

@eddie d . . .
    multitasking. watching slumdog millionaire with the fam.
    here’s the trailer —

7. NJEagle says: Apr 11, 2009 9:19 PM

DeSean Jackson was the Eagles SECOND 2nd round pick. Turd burglar.

8. kessdaman says: Apr 11, 2009 9:27 PM

Jackson was pick 49

9. ejb says: Apr 11, 2009 9:32 PM

‘describing Harvin as the receiver version of Reggie Bush.’
    so he’ll catch 70 balls a year? wheres the problem

10. Eddie Drycleaner says: Apr 11, 2009 9:43 PM

Love you Mike! Good for your family. Just remember that movie accurately portrays the lower financial class, for the most part. But in no way portrays the middle class. I’m sick of telling people I grew up on the streets on india without having one of my relatives screw me out of Amitabh Bachan’s autograph.
    Maybe we should all be thankful we don’t have to live that way. Did you know the kid in the movie got the shit beat out of him by his scum dad when he was too tired to do interviews after he got home from the oscars? And you losers can say that’s a cultural thing, and maybe it is in the uncivilized world, but it is wrong no matter where you live.
    I hope Junior Florio realizes how good he has it to have a dad that buys him musical instruments and drive him to school. I also hope he realizes much of our own country doesn’t have that, whether their parent is black or white or Hindu. Scum, junior, is scum.
    War Supreme Court Justice Florio Junior.
    And war Mike Florio, family man. God bless you brother.

11. Osterhouse says: Apr 11, 2009 10:05 PM

wtf is eddie drycleaner rambling about?

12. KBall7326 says: Apr 11, 2009 10:36 PM

lol, whats funny is that Eddie gave himself a 5 star rating. That’s awesome. I have no idea what he’s trying to say.

13. Eddie Drycleaner says: Apr 11, 2009 10:46 PM

I’m rambling about “don’t raise your kids to rob me in 18 year” Be more like Florio and give your kids some attention. Obviously Osterhouse junior will rob me in 18 years since senior missed the message. And I will prosecute to the fullest!

14. TommyUrbanskisLegs says: Apr 11, 2009 11:20 PM

Why aren’t prospective coaches drug tested? Coaching in the NFL is a privilege.
    Why aren’t sports journalists drug tested? Reporting on the NFL is a privilege?
    Why aren’t fans drug tested? Watching the NFL on TV or at a game is a privilege.
    Why aren’t referees tested? Reffing in the NFL is a privilege.
    Why aren’t the owners tested? Being privileged is a privilege.
    Why isn’t Roger Goodell drug tested? Deciding what privileges athletes are allowed to have is a privilege.
    Why isn’t Florio drug tested? No privilege issues, but WVa sucks. If you’re all out, ask Florio Jr. Musicians can always get decent shit.

15. Eddie Drycleaner says: Apr 11, 2009 11:25 PM

Did you have an AIM name NJBEagle 10 years ago? That dude was a good friend and we did online NBA and WWF sims together. It’s a long shot, but that kid was cool. I believe his name was Chris

16. alfie says: Apr 12, 2009 12:00 AM

Eddie Drycleaner is freaking me out

17. cropguy says: Apr 12, 2009 12:03 AM

I would really like to know where Brian Robiske is in all of this? Where is he projected?

18. adammwilson says: Apr 12, 2009 12:24 AM

i think Hakeem Nicks will only be a 1st round pick if the Giants take him

19. sanchez.james.5950 says: Apr 12, 2009 12:48 AM

Im getting the feeling that Eddie Drycleaner might be Gary Busey…

20. Philtration says: Apr 12, 2009 1:00 AM

I would love to see Nicks or Brit fall to the Bears in the 2nd round.
    I would take Robiski as well.

21. chasehunterj says: Apr 12, 2009 1:36 AM

I will bet my unemployment checks for a month that at least one of those guys hits at least the twenties in the first round.

22. Bmore Styles says: Apr 12, 2009 5:32 AM

@ Eddie Drycleaner:
    ….you should probly just go ahead and sit the next few plays out, champ.

23. k-new says: Apr 12, 2009 1:57 PM

I am inclined to think that taking a receiver in the first round is not the thing to do. If that’s the case though, you need to see if your guy (being a player who fints your system, and has the skill set you desire) will be avail. later on, but is not necessarily the “elite receiver”.
    There have been far too many Troy Williamsons taken with high 1st round picks.
    I don’t think that there is a team out there who has just 1 need. Fill the other needs first, then look for a receiver later on.
    Too many punk receivers who will be nothing but trouble later on.
    I can’t see paying someone that much money to be a P.I.T.A