Sundquist's AFC East Draft Needs Are Up

Freshly posted are the draft needs for the teams of the AFC East, as determined by former Broncos G.M. Ted Sundquist.
Ted’s assessment is right here.
Still to come — the two Norths.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Sundquist's AFC East Draft Needs Are Up”
  1. MarkB says: Apr 24, 2009 10:18 PM

It’s hard to imagine the Pats drafting at 23 – they’ll probably end up with multiple trades tomorrow.

2. wooderson says: Apr 24, 2009 10:23 PM

Buttquist is a hack. His anal-ysists last year were a joke. Seriously, made me feel like I could be a GM. Do yourself a favor Florio and dump this dipshit. You are way better than this dude, don’t feel like you have to accomodate this guy because he was in the business. You are above and beyond this dude now.

3. JP-Phins fan says: Apr 24, 2009 10:26 PM

It’s a shame that the national perception is that Miami needs a WR. LOL.
    Talk to any knowledgeable Dolphin fan. WR does not crack the top 3.
    BY FAR the biggest need in Miami is finding some sort of a pass rush outside of Joey Porter. We had NOBODY getting after the QB last year with the exception of Peezy.
    2 and 3 are finding a starter at CB as well as depth at CB, and finding a young NT.
    I’d put finding some sort of depth along the O-line at number 4, because of the injury history of Grove and Smiley, and the fact that we don’t have a back up for Long or Carey.
    WR is not a need….acquiring one would be a luxury. Laugh all you want, it’s the truth. Again, talk to anybody knowledgeable to the situation, other than newspaper writers kissing up to the national media.

4. MaineMan says: Apr 25, 2009 8:43 AM

@ JP-Phins fan –
    Spot on analysis. If we can see this stuff, how come so many national media analysts get it so wrong? Maybe too busy being celebrities to, you know, actually analyze stuff?

5. MaineMan says: Apr 25, 2009 8:46 AM

Seriously, as a Pats fan, I’d like to think I know the AFC East teams and their strengths and needs pretty well. Sundquist is SO far off in his analysis of this division, I don’t see much point in reading his analyses of any of the others.

6. RobJH says: Apr 25, 2009 8:58 AM

@ JP,
    I totally agree. The Fins have a nice crop of young WRs and I’m looking forward to seeing them develop further. The problem stems from people being so quick to call Ginn a bust despite the fact that he came into the league as an extremely raw route-runner and has steadily improved each of his first 2 years. Couple that with Bess being a rookie, Camarillo being a 1st time starter, and Pennington’s popgun arm and of course the Fins WRs are going to put up numbers like the Cardinals or Patriots. I agree that OLB, CB and NT are the biggest needs, but I also wouldn’t mind seeing an MLB come in to replace Ayodele who always seems to be out of position. That said, I trust the trifecta and look forward to another successful draft.

7. brawltimore says: Apr 25, 2009 11:38 AM

hilarious, the draft is in a few hours and pft hasn’t even finished putting up the draft needs.
    are we afc north fans supposed to read the article as our teams draft?
    laughable