Harvard Quarterback: No Rules Broken By Jets

Clarifying remarks that drew our scrutiny earlier today as to whether the New York Jets had potentially violated league rules, Harvard quarterback Chris Pizotti emphasized that no formal deal was in place until after the draft was concluded.
According to Erik Boland of Newsday, Pizotti said: “I should have done a better job of explaining myself.”
In a Boston Globe interview that raised eyebrows, Pizotti said: “They called me at the start of the sixth round, and said if I wasn’t drafted, there was a free agent deal.”
Pizotti chalked up the misunderstanding to his enthusiasm at the prospect of joining the Jets.
“It was me being very excited because I had a very strong interest in signing with the Jets because before the draft they had shown the most interest in me,” Pizzotti said. “… The Jets called and told me they were still very interested if I didn’t get drafted. … No deal was in place.”

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Harvard Quarterback: No Rules Broken By Jets”
  1. Ralph GreNader says: Apr 27, 2009 6:44 PM

Ummmm smart Harvard grads don’t make that big of a mistake. So he’s either a liar or a dumbass. Either way I’m sure the Jets have regrets.(Dr. Seuss would be proud)

2. Bill.Polian says: Apr 27, 2009 6:46 PM

Looks like someone got to him and told him to start lying…

3. clintdogg says: Apr 27, 2009 6:50 PM

Draftgate! Denial didn’t work for the Pats, it’s not going to work for the Jets! I demand an investigation!

4. Favre2012 says: Apr 27, 2009 6:55 PM

The quote from earlier was cut and dry. Clearly, Rex Ryan talked (or beat) some sense into this moron for flapping his gums. Probably threatened to cut him and blackball him if he didn’t change his story.

5. AlexanderIsland says: Apr 27, 2009 7:08 PM

Sure… and pigs can fly.
    I don’t know of anyone who wouldn’t stand up and give a full biased explanation , especially if not doing so would cost them their dream of playing in the NFL…
    If anyone wants some ocean front property in Idaho, I can flog it to thee…

6. Tim says: Apr 27, 2009 7:11 PM

You’d think for a Harvard guy, he would be able to form better sentences because all Harvard guys are smart because Harvard is such a good university because they charge so much money because they are such a good school.

7. JimmySmith says: Apr 27, 2009 7:18 PM

Must be something in the drinking water up there in Boston. Ted Kennedy leaves people to die and doesn’t blink an eye, Kerry makes up war stories in his bid to be President and doesn’t blink an eye, Bellicheat video tapes other teams and attempts to claim its all a misunderstanding and now a Havard QB gets caught red handed and tries a Bellicheat tactic by saying it was all a misunderstanding.

8. garyofferdahl says: Apr 27, 2009 7:22 PM

his chances of making the team went from zero to impossible…

9. bonecity7 says: Apr 27, 2009 8:01 PM

The Jets are CHEATERS!!! Anything they do from here on out is TAINTED!!!! They’ll do ANYTHING to gain a competitive advantage!!
    DAMN THEM!!! DAMN THEM TO HECK!!!

10. brian_21 says: Apr 27, 2009 8:20 PM

Quoting Tim: “…because … because … because … because …”
    If only QBF were being given out today to the best comment.

11. sbhntr says: Apr 27, 2009 8:32 PM

OMG!!!! Call Arlen Sphincter to hold congressional hearings!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody might be ……………………….never mind.

12. Patscantcheatkharmabitches says: Apr 27, 2009 8:36 PM

Yeah keep that story kid. It worked for me.
    Reggie Bush

13. madsqgrdn says: Apr 27, 2009 8:47 PM

haha you sure Boston Globe maybe you should dig deeper. All you Ny hating boston folk…look. stop being so obsessed with NY ..we have the best of music , art , business and theater. I understand …Im a jet fan and if the jets lost every game every year I still wouldnt trade places with some patriot fan from boston.
    So I get it…you guys won all of these superbowls but you still want to hate on the jets..go ahead if that makes you feel more complete..Ill spend my time loving my team, my coach and my city…you guys can spend your time hating mine..

14. Brandonh says: Apr 27, 2009 9:04 PM

Yet…. Chase Daniels said the same thing in his Twitter feed
    @chaddukes I said free agent might be better was meant as a compliment to the skins…I had a FA deal with them in place before draft endedabout 22 hours ago from twitterrific in reply to chaddukes

15. Larry David says: Apr 27, 2009 9:16 PM

How funny would it be if this guy looked better than Sanchez in training camp?

16. olcap says: Apr 28, 2009 8:13 AM

This is just too suspicious to let it go without an investigation with testimony by all involved parties under oath. His initial statement does not sound like a case of simple “enthusiasm” as he now suggests. Something fishy here, and any team suspected of doing this kind of thing should be investigated.

17. finsbooyah says: Apr 28, 2009 11:11 AM