Bucs Receiver Indicted

Well, it’s once again time to re-set the arrest meter to zero.
Per our friends at Pewter Report, Tampa receiver Anthony Mix has been indicted for having sex with a minor.
Mix allegedly had a relationship with a 15-year-old girl.
He is charged only with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, which is a misdemeanor.  He avoided indictment on felony charges of second-degree rape and sodomy.
Mix faces up to a year in prison and a $500 fine.
“One thing led to another and they decided to meet up,” Lester Banfield of the Bay Minette police told FOX 10 in Mobile/Pensacola.  “We believe he was aware of the age of the girl.  She snuck out of her house, they met, they had sex in the vehicle while it was parked on the street.”
Mix signed with the Bucs earlier this year, after spending 2008 out of football.  He previously played for the Giants and the Redskins.
The Buccaneers had no comment.

Permalink 77 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
77 Responses to “Bucs Receiver Indicted”
  1. DeVoodoo says: May 6, 2009 1:09 PM

Jerramy Stevens will be sad to lose a good friend on the team.

2. Burritto says: May 6, 2009 1:15 PM

Any word on exactly how 15 she was?

3. ZN0rseman says: May 6, 2009 1:17 PM

They should lock this guy up and throw away the key. Sorry, but that kind of activity isn’t normal. The guy is a 24 years old and is preying on underaged teenagers girls. If he were a 17 year old nobody I wouldn’t have a problem with it, but he’s a 24 year old NFL player, who could have almost any woman he wants. Lock him up, and lock him up now… please.

4. misterj says: May 6, 2009 1:19 PM

Florio allegedly had a relationship with a woman he can call his wife.
    I don’t know which is more disturbing.

5. titans_fan says: May 6, 2009 1:19 PM

Time for the Bucs to sign him to an extension!

6. ball-hawk says: May 6, 2009 1:22 PM

Where did he think he was West Virginia?

7. EverybodyGotAIDS says: May 6, 2009 1:22 PM

2nd degree rape….and sodomy? Now I know that can mean a few things…but come on. 15?

8. nedirect says: May 6, 2009 1:25 PM

scumbag…only in the south can you get away with this kind of offense with a slap on the wrist.

9. bshazzar says: May 6, 2009 1:29 PM

15 year old anonymous girl?? In a Car?? Heck even hank basket got that playboy chick.

10. SWILPackfan says: May 6, 2009 1:29 PM

Sounds like he’ll be playing for the Bengals this fall.

11. Mike D says: May 6, 2009 1:30 PM

R Kelly has just thrown away his Mix jersey.

12. bradyisgod says: May 6, 2009 1:30 PM

Judging by the comments on the fox10 link , I’d say she’s 15 going on 21st

13. TheCoop says: May 6, 2009 1:31 PM

A year in prison, a $500 fine, and a life sentence of being known as a pedophile.

14. TheVillain112 says: May 6, 2009 1:34 PM

Why am I not surprised that this happened in Florida…

15. Kidekk says: May 6, 2009 1:34 PM

“If he makes the team, he’s scheduled to make $385,000.”
    That is one really big “if.” Should have been, “had he made the team.”

16. youngone says: May 6, 2009 1:34 PM

misterj says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 1:19 pm
    Florio allegedly had a relationship with a woman he can call his wife.
    I don’t know which is more disturbing.
    WTF is this about? I am all for bashing Florio but this makes no sense, I’m surprised Florio’s policing of comments didn’t catch this one. You make all the Florio bashers look bad.

17. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 1:41 PM

nedirect,
    You are a grade A bigot. Only in the south? That has never happened anywhere else? Ever???
    Are you sure? By the way, Tampa is not the “South”. Not exactly a bunch of “hicks and hillbillies” And he is a black guy so if he was in the “South” I assume you think we would lynch him too, right?
    Idiot.

18. btreese says: May 6, 2009 1:41 PM

Just another turd…

19. The Dox says: May 6, 2009 1:42 PM

I don’t have the highest standards regarding this issue (started dating a girl when I was 19 and she was 15, and have spent 11 yrs and counting together).
    But I dated her in high school, and wasn’t taking advantage of her in the least. A 24 yr old professional athlete sleeping with high school freshmen is honestly just really sad.
    I feel more terrible for the girl’s family than anyone – Mix deserves the shame, the girl probably thinks she’s hot stuff because she slept with an NFL player and got him popped for it, but Mom and Dad are the ones who will have to deal with the circus for who-knows-how-long about why their teenage daughter snuck out to bone an NFL player.

20. zygi milf says: May 6, 2009 1:43 PM

nedirect says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 1:25 pm
    “only in the south can you get away with this kind of offense with a slap on the wrist”
    *******
    I don’t know, I seem to remember a high profile Packer got away with it in north-eastern Wisconsin.

21. Heinekenfun says: May 6, 2009 1:45 PM

Was Chris Hansen there to interview him moments before his arrest? Without the judgemental Chris Hansen interview acknowledging guilt…, I have to reserve judgement. It’s possible she was asking for it and he was there merely to talk her out of it.
    message to vox veritas and the legions or morons.., this is written tongue in cheek…, pun intended.
    OOOH!

22. k-new says: May 6, 2009 1:45 PM

My guess is that he will spend 2009 out of football as well…maybe he’ll have time to hook up with that former GB guy….what’s his name again… oh yeah, Mark Chamura.

23. r8derfan33 says: May 6, 2009 1:46 PM

dude…you couldn’t get any other girl 18 or older? I have a 15 year old daughter. If I was the father, I would’ve kicked your a$$!! And if I couldn’t have done it, I’m sure I could’ve find someone who could. 15??? I hope you have a burly cellmate.

24. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 1:47 PM

Oh, and nedirect, only in massachusetts can a senator murder his mistress by drowning her and keep his job because the morons in his state keep electing him.
    You also don’t remember the case in Georgia where the kid was a t a wild party and a girl performed oral sex on him who was almost 16 and he was still in high school. It happened in a big hotel room and others were there and she offered and he has a 10 year sentence and must register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Damn rednecks! See your comment is freaking ignorant.
    I would bet money you voted for Obama. Idiot.

25. youngone says: May 6, 2009 1:54 PM

RonInCharlotte says: I would bet money you voted for Obama. Idiot.
    I don’t like what you said here….you are basically bashing more than 50% of the US. Not good to get a point across

26. ShotOfGinn says: May 6, 2009 1:59 PM

Its rumored… as in I have read it elsewhere… that the girl told him that she was 19.
    take that for what you will, but she isn’t a saint either. Partly because Saints show their genitals to unassuming women.

27. jkorn1818 says: May 6, 2009 2:01 PM

Should I tune into dateline when Chris Hansen walks out with a football and says “looking for a one on one? sit down”
    AND
    r8derfan33 says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 1:46 pm
    You are one cool dude, when i was 15, i couldnt imagine my dad writing “dude’ and replacing ass with A$$..r8derfan33says; LMAO LOL I HAVE A KID GRADUATING HS IN 2 YRS OMG!

28. Guru Gruden says: May 6, 2009 2:03 PM

“TheVillain112 says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 1:34 pm
    Why am I not surprised that this happened in Florida…”
    Learn to read, dipshit. It happened in Alabama.
    “I would bet money you voted for Obama. Idiot.”
    I would bet money you’re a bitter little pissant. Sorry bout it.

29. jkorn1818 says: May 6, 2009 2:05 PM

Heinekenfun says:
    sorry heineken, props to you. I made the chris hansen joke and didnt realize you posted one before me…

30. nedirect says: May 6, 2009 2:06 PM

I will take all of the bashing for a sarcastic remark but I am not a biggot. this guy is a class A douchebag and deserves a much worse punishment. its not my fault that rednecks give the south a bad name.

31. EskinSux says: May 6, 2009 2:07 PM

His IQ must have matched her age…..Oh and burritto she was a CHILD like 15, you jackass…..

32. goto11 says: May 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Mix was born in January 1983. He’s actually 26.

33. KILLER FINS FAN says: May 6, 2009 2:20 PM

WAY TO GO IDIOT, GOODBYE CAREER!!!

34. east96st says: May 6, 2009 2:24 PM

RonINCharlotte – And I’ll bet you voted for Bush – twice. So, how many tours of Iraq have you done to support “your” President’s war? Four? Five? You currently stationed at Bragg, waiting to go again? Or are you just talking out your ass?

35. GregO says: May 6, 2009 2:29 PM

[costanza]
    Was that wrong?
    [/costanza]

36. Bob_Nelson says: May 6, 2009 2:33 PM

Filthy Evil Sodomite and on a public street!
    That’s Lake Minnetonka crap that no decent society should ever tolerate!

37. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 2:35 PM

By the way, youngone, at least 70% of Americans are idiots. Let’s be real. if not, ignorant at best.
    It’s easy to say when someone makes a blanket negative statement about Southerners, they are likely to be Democrats. Just like if someone bashed hippies I would bet they are more likely than not republicans.
    Logic is great. How would someone say only in the South would something like that happen? In a “blue” state? Florida isn’t “Dixie”. His comment was asinine.

38. TheBengal13 says: May 6, 2009 2:42 PM

Wow. Where’s Mark Chumura to give this guy adive?

39. TheBengal13 says: May 6, 2009 2:43 PM

Wow. Where’s Mark Chumura to give this guy advice?

40. ron7098 says: May 6, 2009 2:45 PM

misterj says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 1:19 pm
    Florio allegedly had a relationship with a woman he can call his wife.
    I don’t know which is more disturbing.
    That one was uncalled for. I agree with youngone, bashing Florio is fun and all, but that’s going to far. One thing that you should never do is start attacking people’s family. I didn’t even find it the least bit funny. It’s people like you is why these comments are policed. If I was running this site, I would ban you from future comments.

41. bshazzar says: May 6, 2009 2:49 PM

The Dox says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 1:42 pm

42. empty13 says: May 6, 2009 2:50 PM

this kind of stuff happens all the time up north. in places like detroit.

43. smiley says: May 6, 2009 2:51 PM

You people are funny……calling each other idiots.

44. TCLARK says: May 6, 2009 2:51 PM

Wow did anyone else realize that Florida is not south? Wow, all these years I was wrong.

45. zygi milf says: May 6, 2009 2:53 PM

Bob_Nelson says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 2:33 pm
    Filthy Evil Sodomite and on a public street!
    That’s Lake Minnetonka crap that no decent society should ever tolerate!
    *********
    Idiot.
    Keep bringing up the Vikings incident. The Vikings incident occured on a PRIVATE lake cruise. The women obviously did not have a problem with what occured, and none of them were minors.

46. EricEmpire says: May 6, 2009 2:54 PM

this comes from the comments on the fox10 link…so who knows what this girl told the guy.
    “LISTEN, NIECIE THOMAS’ DAUGHTER HAS SLEPT WITH OVER 20 DIFFERENT MEN IN THE PAST 3 YEARS INCLUDING MY SON, THEY ARE NOT CHARGING ANTHONY WITH RAPE BECAUSE IN THE TEXT MESSAGE THAT GIRL TOLD HIM SHE WAS 19, SHE SNUCK OUT OF HER MOTHERS HOUSE AND MET HIM AS IF SHE WAS OLD ENOUGH TO BE OUT THAT LATE. NIECIE PAYS NO ATTENTION TO HER DAUGHTER, SHE WOULD RATHER GET HIGH THAN ATTEMPT TO RAISE ANY OF HER 7 KIDS! SHE WAS A TRAMP WHO GOT PREGNANT WHEN SHE WAS 13 AND NOW ALL OF HER CHILDREN ARE FOLLOWING IN HER FOOTSTEPS! ANTHONY IS TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING OF HISSELF FOR HIS FAMILY AND THIS WHOLE THING IS REDICULOUS!”
    Bad grammar aside, comments like this are why we have trials before we hand out punishments.

47. TCLARK says: May 6, 2009 3:01 PM

God I love it that the racest heads explode eveytime they think of there tax $$’s going to a “black man”. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I’m white and think it’s refreshing to hear our leader speak without being embarrased. Reguardless of race. Human and ogers that how I think of it. Thanks ronincharlotte. I needed to laugh.

48. cincykid says: May 6, 2009 3:11 PM

Chris Hanson: Did you say: “I want to blank your cat in the blank?”

49. The Dox says: May 6, 2009 3:12 PM

“bshazzar says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 2:49 pm
    maybe the parents should take a long, hard look at themselves as to “why their teenage daughter snuck out to bone an NFL player”. don’t make the parents out to be victims. Caring, involved parents don’t raise 15 year old girls that behave like that. ”
    ———————————————————————————————————
    That’s a BS and I hope you know it. “Caring, involved parents” have troubled children all the time, you yutz.
    I will definitely echo Eric Empire that until all sides of the story are told we should reserve judgment, but apparently some people think Good Parents = Good Children, which is a complete and utter crock of shit. Good kids come from bad families all the time and criminals come from white collar families ALL THE TIME.
    Anyways, maybe Mix did just hook up with an easy chick he thought he 19. Maybe this girl is trying to set him up. I don’t know, no one besides those involved knows yet. All I said is that I feel bad for her parents, which I still do, even if they are bad role models. And for what’s it worth, I feel bad for his parents also.
    Because as any “caring, involved” parent will tell you, it SUCKS when your kid screws up.

50. MarkB says: May 6, 2009 3:16 PM

Big deal. Fifteen year old girls give BJs in cars in every city and town every day. Every school in the country has 15 y.o. girls givin’ bean jobs. I’m supposed to be outraged? What difference does it make whether the tube steak is attached to a 16 y.o. or a 24 y.o.? Send the sex police home – this has nothing to do with pedophiles. A 15 year old girl is not a pre-adolescent. There’s 15 year olds all over the country with babies. What would you be saying if she was sixteen? Would it suddenly be OK? How about seventeen? I’d write him a ticket for driving over the limit and be done with it. There’s enough real crime in this country without worrying about voluntary beaners.

51. Electrogasm says: May 6, 2009 3:34 PM

Firstly, Mike D deserves special recognition for his R Kelly comment.
    Secondly, r8derfan33, when you say things like
    ‘I have a 15 year old daughter. If I was the father, I would’ve kicked your a$$!! And if I couldn’t have done it, I’m sure I could’ve find someone who could. 15???’
    you are in danger of committing a Hate Crime if the Libs pass HR 1913. You would be charged with a Federal Crime against these protected perverts who prey on teenagers.
    Don’t worry. If this happens, I’ll start a petition to raise funds for your defense.

52. brandon2443 says: May 6, 2009 3:43 PM

Damn Auburn players

53. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 3:46 PM

Ok, so I misspoke, I meant Florida not Tampa. It said Mobile/Pensacola so I cannot assume it was Alabama. My point was that his comment about only in the South mentality.
    And that mentality goes hand in hand with left wing South-haters.
    I would bet a finger vs. a million bucks that if he voted, he voted for Obama.

54. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 4:04 PM

east96st says:
    May 6th, 2009 at 2:24 pm
    —————————————————————————————————————–
    Well considering my age and education level, the military wasn’t really an option for me. CPA’s and accountants don’t usually quit high paying jobs and join the military in their late twenties. I respect and support anybody who was brave enough to enter combat. But just because you served your country doesn’t make you right or smarter than others. I have been paying my taxes so our military could be funded including your salary and your family’s health insurance and your guns and ammo and telephone calls home.
    I voted for Bush the first time. Although, I am a Libertarian, I felt Bush’s promises for a tax cut, privatized Social Security, and his efforts to drill domestic oil and build refineries were policies that made me vote Republican. He carried out very little of what he promised and got s into an unnecessary/questionable war. I really think the Republicans are far left fiscally and too right in regards to social freedoms (not social programs, to be clear, Republicans need to quit pandering to the religious right if they want to stay viable). I voted Libertarian every other time.
    TCLARK,
    I love you guys who always think when a white person calls Obama a Socialist, that it is code for n—-r. That is ridiculous. I don’t hate Obama because he is black. I hate him because he is socialist buffoon.
    He can’t speak without a teleprompter. I listened to his Town Hall meetings where he answered questions, and in that arena, he is worse than Bush. With his teleprompter, he is a great speaker. Big deal. Hitler was one of the greatest orators in our history. Oratory skills is the fast track to power over mindless people. You laugh. He went to Europe and promised Gitmo closing immediately, only to come back and even had his own Congress asking him what his plan was. he didn’t have one. Turns out that, wow!, it takes a year to close it down. He is a fool and they even mocked him after he left. Giving a world leader 25 DVD’s as a gift that aren’t even region compatible for that side of the world. Especially when his gift was actually of national sentiment. Or a crew of staff all too stupid to notify anyone of a low fly over in NYC by ground zero. Idiot.
    I don’t care what color anybody is. If you are mooching off the government and having kids while I work and the government is using the proverbial gun to the head to seize my wages and give it to someone who has two more kids WHILE on welfare is robbery and Socialism. It isn’t skin color at all.

55. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 4:06 PM

I live in Atlanta. My wife’s name is Charlotte.

56. bshazzar says: May 6, 2009 4:12 PM

I guess there’s nothing like statutory rape and sodomy to bring about a republican vs. democrat debate.

57. EverybodyGotAIDS says: May 6, 2009 4:16 PM

You’d think the fact that he met her at Chuck-E-Cheese would have been a red flag.

58. east96st says: May 6, 2009 4:24 PM

RonInCharlotte says:
    “I guess it wouldn’t be quite fair to say that every single person who voted for an inexperienced lawyer with a Marxist Agenda is an idiot, but most of them are.”
    So how would classify people that voted for a spoiled child that never accomplished anything in his entire life without the direct aid of his father and/or his father’s friends and was an admitted “C” student? As for a so-called Marxist Agenda, it was Bush that nationalized the banks. Why no outcry from you then?
    “I would say, however that anyone who voted for him and thinks he is good for Freedom and the American Way, is an idiot.”
    No administration in American history showed more contempt for the Constitution, violated it more often, or trampled on more individual rights than the Bush administration. Enlighten us how that was “good for Freedom and the American Way”. In fairness to you, I’m sure Lincoln would have violated more laws if the technology to communicate would have allowed him to wiretap, intercept emails, track library book usage, etc. had existed in his time. But, in fairness to Lincoln, he was President during a Civil War started by your ancestors because, in spite of claiming to be being devout Christians, they felt perfectly entitled to enslave and kill men, women, and children based on nothing more than the pigmentation of their skin. If Lincoln made one mistake it was his attempt to reconcile with the intellectually bankrupt culture that judged men by color and still permeates the South to this day.

59. brian_21 says: May 6, 2009 4:49 PM

Wow, way to judge so quickly, guys.
    To be clear, a 24-year-old with a 15-year-old is not exactly moral. But I mean, ZNorseman, Lock him up now? Throw away the key? That fast, huh. You’re that outraged?
    There are worse things than a consensual act between a 15-year-old and a 24-year-old. Heck, Karl Malone was a sophomore in college (!!!) when Gloria Bell — a 13-year-old at the time — gave birth to his child.
    Who knows how mature the 15 year old is, anyway? Physical maturity can make all the difference in the world. Maybe she’s quite mature, and after all, no one is arguing that what occurred wasn’t consensual. There should be no jail, at least not if it is the first time.
    Plus, regarding sodomy, nedirect, laws in the south on dumb supposed “moral issues” are much, much, much tougher than the more progressive north.
    Remember Genarlow Wilson? In Georgia, he was sentenced to TEN years in prison for a video found of him having oral sex with a 15-year-old. He was 17. He was serving time in jail for more than two years when the state Supreme Court ruled rightfully that the punishment was cruel and unusual. But only by a 4-3 margin! The south’s laws are not as rational as the north’s.
    Young people absolutely need to protected. But the laws are dumb as they are now. There’s too close of an age gap to put someone on a predator list for the rest of his or her life — especially when the act is consensual. A 24-year-old with a 15-year-old is probably wrong. But not crazy enough, if it was consensual, to be all high and mighty and condeming and acting like a bunch of pitchforked animals.
    What about a 15 year old and a 17 year old? A 16 and an 18? People’s names go on sex offender lists for the rest of their lives because of consensual acts at these ages. And sodomy laws down south used to be or still are messed up.
    Protection for young people ought to to stay intact, but some rationality and actual thought has to be applied, too.

60. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 4:50 PM

Ahhh east96st,
    I wrote somewhere else that I vote for Libertarians. The Federal Reserve and the Perpetual Debt Banking System we use is unconstitutional. Republicans are quasi-socialists as well. They are just Democrats minus portion of the spending plus Jesus.
    Lincoln was a horrible president. He presided over the freedom of the slaves, but people forget that Lincoln made an unconstitutional power grab that laid the groundwork of this country’s decline. Now slavery was a terrible chapter in our history, but don’t blame the South. The Northern states made a killing importing the slaves from Africa and bringing them to the South to sell. This was a scar on our NATION not on just the South. And everyone knew it would one day end but the economic structure of slavery was such that you just can’t end it and everyone just moves on. There was no answer everyone could live with so war was inevitable. It was horrible but it was the USA who did it. Are you saying the North cared all along? It was going on for over a hundred years before anyone stood up and said it was wrong.
    Just like we let the atrocities in Nazi Germany continue through the Holocaust but we didn’t get into a war over it for years. It was when the social policies of FDR were not bringing us out of the recession and he was about to lose his office in the next election when he decided to let Pearl harbor happen so he could justify an economy boosting war, which is fine withe me to end the recession.
    Regarding the Southern mentality now. That is ridiculous. Yes there are backwoods racists in the south, but I will tell you that that image is exaggerated. Racism was always alive in the North too. There, however people segregated themselves by neighborhood and ethnicity and kept to themselves. In the South it was different. It is an uneducated view of the South as it is today.

61. EskinSux says: May 6, 2009 4:56 PM

LOL @ EverybodyGotAIDS…….

62. brian_21 says: May 6, 2009 5:08 PM

PS Obama is awesome.
    And Bush II was the worst president in U.S. history

63. The Dox says: May 6, 2009 5:21 PM

east96st – (might want to reconsider your username if you want anyone informed to value your input whatsoever) -
    I usually don’t involve myself in political debates and probably won’t again for a long time, but I am damn good at “regular” debates.
    Your entire retort is just a two paragraph smattering of Bush Jr. RoninCharlotte plainly says that he voted for Bush once, and not again – your anti-Bush argument is pointless and wasted on the majority of us (even most of us in the lowly South know Bush was a f’king idiot). Nonetheless, he got the majority vote, because unfortunately the race is always between 2 (“legitimate”) candidates, and one or both of them are always idiots (people refer to presidents as “Figureheads” for a reason). And guess what, the South doesn’t singlehandedly elect presidents – dumbasses all over the country voted for Bush, not just Southern rednecks as you would like to believe (yes rednecks exist many other places besides the South – take a trip to the Midwest sometime). That isn’t a blast at the Midwestern good ol’ boys at all, just another (futile) attempt to tell IDIOTS that rednecks are not exclusively from the South (biggest hick I’ve ever met was from the Pacific NW, but I bet you dipshits have never cracked a joke about someone from Idaho because they weren’t involved in slavery 150 f’king years ago).
    If you want to pigeonhole a group of people, it’s a lot more fitting to say that people from the northeast are completely ignorant of how the south is now, and rely on 150 year old stereotypes to make a judgment.
    Come down south sometime, I guarantee you the general populace is far more friendly than in shit-town, NY.

64. Darth Ringo says: May 6, 2009 5:50 PM

Riiiiight east96st, there’s no racism in the happy North. None at all. But it permeates the South. Good grief, do you ever leave your house or watch the news?
    RonInCharlotte made it pretty clear he voted for Bush “the first time” — i.e., before the war, before the Patriot Act, etc. After that he voted Libertarian. And why bring Lincoln into it? Obama Himself campaigned as the new Lincoln.
    Sorry to put facts in the way of your delusional anti-everything-about-Republicans ranting.
    Damn, and I only logged in to make a Chris Henry joke..

65. wcburton3 says: May 6, 2009 6:16 PM

The four of them suck and can’t hold a candle to Matt Jones and his up side not to mention you can get a former first round pick who haven’t been in the league but for 5 years. I am sure is has be humbled and the leadership the ravens have can get him in the right direction.

66. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 6:48 PM

Brian21,
    Have you ever really studied the American Presidency. Bush the worst ever???
    What about Carter, FDR, Lincoln and a slew of no names nobody even remembers. Unfortunately, Lincoln placed the Declaration of Independence as the source of his power ABOVE the US Constitution, suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus (sound like the Patriot Act in a way?), He shut down anti-war newspapers, and he arrested war protestors. He stole power from the other two branches. Gettysburg was the establishment of the Imperial Federal Government of the United States. FDR, another crappy president, also suspended the Writ to create Japenese Internment camps.
    Don’t be blind. There have been several horrible Presidents.
    Now, brian_21, please elaborate on your point on why Obama is awesome.

67. RyanHarris says: May 6, 2009 6:51 PM

A few points:
    1) First and foremost MarkB….That was one of the best comments ever to appear on this site; sex police, tubesteaks, beaners…I laughed really hard, and felt guilty but I continued to laugh, well played sir.
    2) Watching CLE-CIN 2007 on NFL replay right now, WOW what a game. Awesome to watch Jamal Lewis pull out a ridiculous game.
    3) Re Political debate: It doesnt matter who you vote for, those damn politicians are all puppets anyway. I pose a question…do business’s ever just “give” money away? No, of course not. Yet these politicians are allowed to accept massive “donations” from corporations and we are expected to believe that those business’s are not expecting a return on their tax-deductible investments? Please, the US government is so god damn rotten that it will eventually crumble under its own weight. Anyone remember the greenback? Yeah I didnt think so. That was the last time that the US government had a chance.

68. brian_21 says: May 6, 2009 8:42 PM

You win, RonInCharlette. FDR and Lincoln were horrible presidents, and Bush II was much better than them.
    And Obama, with his intelligence, reason, and pragmatism, can’t touch Bush II either — there were just about 69.5 million fools out there that fateful Nov. 4, 2008.\
    I admit defeat.

69. RonInCharlotte says: May 6, 2009 10:19 PM

brian,
    Seriously? you can’t just sit here and say was Bush was the worst ever. Time will tell. Sure he was a lower tier president. Right along with FDR and Lincoln.
    Obama is intelligent sure. He fooled 69.5 million people. Unfortunately, most of them are stupid. Reason? Flyover. Speaking to soon on Gitmo. Telling Europe how much we suck. Showing WEAKNESS to the entire world.
    Either way, anyone who listens to what the majority of Americans think when deciding what is best for our country is just as moronic.
    Why let the leeches decide what their hosts do with their money? If the “majority” is mooching off of the government, then that is the end of our country. Lincoln started this ideal.
    This country is not supposed to be a DEMOCRACY. It is a Federal Constitutional Republic. John Adams spoke of this because the forefathers wanted to diminish the effect of the majoritarianism. Or “tyranny of the majority” Majority rules is not the American way. We have crossed that line now and I hope America will one day wake up and see that. But I doubt it. You obviously don’t get it.

70. east96st says: May 7, 2009 1:08 AM

Don’t know if you’ll see this Ron, since I was out all evening and this a late post, but here it goes:
    “I wrote somewhere else that I vote for Libertarians.”
    Your post that stated that was not up until after I had posted my second reply to you. Frankly, the whole Libertarian thing is the cowards way out. You know they have absolutely zero chance to win, so you vote that way so you can claim, like you do here, it’s not your “fault”. Since your views fall in line heavily with the Republican party, with a few noted exceptions, it would be far more productive for you to work towards engaging local candidates to not show slavish devotion to a platform and actually represent the populace they were elected by. Voting Libertarian accomplishes nothing. I campaigned for and donated heavily to a Republican Assembly man here in NY named John Ravitz. John was a ethical, smart man that represented the people of the Upper East Side very well. I had hoped to see the day when he was Governor of NY. Unfortunately, Ravitz decided to call it quits. But supporting candidates like that is the only thing that can make a difference over the long haul. Voting Libertarian gives whoever does get elected free reign to ignore your input.
    “Lincoln made an unconstitutional power grab that laid the groundwork of this country’s decline.”
    Yes, he did make an unconstitutional power grab. Secession really offered him no other option. Yet that “power grab” pales in comparison to shift in power to the President’s office that occurred under Bush. As for this country’s decline, the nation grew ever stronger in the decades following Lincoln. If you are discussing current days, well, nothing like blaming a guy that was killed in 1865 for problems in 2009! That you consider that logical is beyond comprehension. There was 144 years to undue what Lincoln “did” that you seem to feel is to blame for the “decline”.
    “It was going on for over a hundred years before anyone stood up and said it was wrong.”
    Guess you skipped your colonial history classes. Many of the founding fathers wanted it abolished. The Southern representatives made it quite clear they wouldn’t fight the Revolution if that was the case. They made a devil’s bargain to get freedom from England. And many of them regretted it deeply.
    “It was when the social policies of FDR were not bringing us out of the recession and he was about to lose his office in the next election when he decided to let Pearl harbor happen…”
    Lose his office? To who? At that point only 18 % of the voting public was Republican. Talk to people to lived back then. FDR was NO danger of not being re-elected unless the election was confined to bankers only. And that was certainly not a recession, it was a depression. A CPA knows there is a significant difference between the two. As for “letting” Pearl Harbor happen, please – get serious. Whether you liked the man or not, he was not stupid. Yes, he was itching to get into the war, but why have almost the whole fleet crippled? American outrage would have been just as strong, if only a sliver of the fleet was there. If FDR had “let” Pearl happen, there would have been a lot more ships out on “exercises” that day. That was a very different time. If the Japanese had sunk one boat and killed 10 men, there still would have been lines at the recruiting stations the next day. Even my grandfather, who only had one functional leg due to motorcycle accident tried to enlist the next day!
    “Regarding the Southern mentality now. That is ridiculous”
    Really? What’s ridiculous is denying that the “Southern strategy” hasn’t been an effective political tool. As demographics shift, it has become less pronounced, but it is still in play. It’s less open, but you cannot say it is gone. I have done a lot of work in the South and there are some truly wonderful people. But there is also a larger than “average” section of the population that still feels comfortable with the “old ways”. If they didn’t, the “Southern strategy” would have never worked.

71. PatFlorio-White says: May 7, 2009 4:37 AM

At Ryan Harris and RonInCharlotte… It’s good to see somebody actually has a clue. Discussing who is stupid for voting for this or that president is mind blowingly stupid in it self. You all live in a puppet democracy that is set up to make political deciscions for you…the well being, or even the misled opinion, of the majority has very little to do with how this country is run.
    In fact the nation is more or less ruled by a class of symbolanalycists who make up the richest 20% of the population. These people in turn spend lots of money and energy to ensure that their privilidged position remains unthreatend. Their money rules america…not “democratic” elections, where the aformentioned majority does not even vote.

72. Electrogasm says: May 7, 2009 11:06 AM

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through this sequence; from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependency back again into bondage.
    I would say that the US is at the somewhere at the complacency/apathy/dependence stage at the moment. From the looks of it, the bondage stage HAS to happen before January 20, 2013 unless the ‘Shame On Me’ voters fail to learn. Here’s hoping it will be the End Of An Error.

73. ArkansasJim says: Jul 13, 2009 1:54 PM

I somehow thought this comment area was for actual sports talk. Silly me. As for Mix, where was he at to meet a 15 yr old? A club? Church? Wal-Mart? No, probably online where we have never had a warning about this being a suspect way of meeting “hot” chicks!
    As for Electrogasm, I can only pray that we’re at the bondage era, so that I do not have to listen to political know it alls! How did they ever get away without being elected to office?
    Oh well, I’m from the ignorant south and I’ll just continue to be sodomized politically. (that is legal here)

74. UFL says: Aug 9, 2009 1:06 AM

What 19 has to sneak out of the Mothers house?
    Most 19 year old are out of the house.
    If they do live with there parents, they dont have to sneak out.
    And what NFL player with all that money and fame would want a girl with 7 kids and is dirty and a drug addict?
    These NFL guys can have the best females on the planet.
    Sounds like somebody is covering for him. This guy is just a child molester who doesnt want that charge on his record………….
    So he blames the girl and ruins her character.
    Nice.

75. UFL says: Aug 9, 2009 1:17 AM

Anthony Mix rap:
    sounds like someone is out of the mix……
    you shouldn’t mix it up with young poo-nanny…..
    mixed drinks and young girls dont mix……
    sound like anthony mix is in a fix……
    mix and match with someone your own age anthony……
    he got mixed up and put his weiner where it wasnt supposed to be……
    playing for the bucs and hanging by the local junior high school is a bad mix……
    “hi my name is anthony mix….can i invite you to my house for some cookies and milk”……”by the way did i mention im a professional football pedofile”……
    “jeff dahmer was a pedofile, but i feel for him because most likely he was just a mixed up dude”……quote by the infamous anthony mix on nightline…….
    “i like to mix it up with teen girls because they are young and dont understand anything….i can get her a big mac happy meal at the drive thru….and before you know it she’s in the back seat of my escalade”……..quote from the mix-master……
    “i like to smoke the young girls in the bedroom…..i mix it up with many sexual positions”…………quote from anthony mix

76. d.staples says: Aug 26, 2009 11:32 AM

i like to know how much the payoff was to the girl’s family was. how ture. he should of been lock up if it happed here in Virginia he be looking at least 10 years or more.

77. ssolis18 says: Jun 9, 2014 5:32 PM

I find it highly ironic that police officer Lester Banfield would comment on this, considering he was fired from the Daphne Police Department after internal affairs discovered he was indeed having a sexually inappropriate relationship with myself. I was 16 and 17 at the time he was 39 and 40.