War of Words Escalates Between Jets, Dolphins

It’s only June, but it has already been a prime month for bulletin-board material in the AFC East with all of the snarky comments being exchanged between the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins.
And Jets coach Rex Ryan issued a strong rebuttal today in response to Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder’s sharp criticism of him last week where he said Ryan was “going absolutely nuts.”
Without even being prompted by reporters, Ryan started digging into Crowder, according to Bob Glauber of Newsday.
“I don’t know this Channing Crowder,” said Ryan, whose father, Buddy Ryan, attended his press conference. “All I know is that he’s all tatted up. He’s right about one thing. I’m a first-time head coach, but I’ve been around the game all my life. I’m no different than I’ver ever been, just that more people are listening. . . . I think [Crowder’s] wrong. You do win in June. You win with your preparation.
“If it was younger, I’d handle him myself. He’s a good player and all that kind of stuff and it is fun to ruffle some feathers. I’ve got no problem doing that. I’m confident in our football team. I’m confident in myself, the players, the coaches and the entire organization. That’s why I say the things I say. I make no apologies for any of those types of things.”
Last week, Crowder told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that Ryan is going too far with his outspoken Super Bowl ambitions.
“Oh, he’s going crazy,” Crowder said. “He’s going absolutely nuts. I know it’s his first chance to be a head coach and I know he’s excited about life. But, like I said, I’ve never played a football game in June in my whole life. So, congratulations to him. He’s the OTA Super Bowl winner.”
Meanwhile, Ryan made it abundantly clear that he has no intentions of backing down to New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick.
Ryan reinforced his previous remarks about how he’s not going to kiss Belichick’s collection of Super Bowl rings.
“I’m not going to concede anything,” Ryan said. “I’m not intimidated by him or anyone else in this business, period. Our football team certainly won’t be intimidated either. If there are issues with that, so be it.”
Ryan’s trademark swagger isn’t confined to himself.
It’s all over his football team, which backed up their coach today during a series of interviews, according to Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star-Ledger.
Linebacker Bart Scott said he didn’t even know who Crowder was.
“Who’s Crowder?” Scott said. “See, I never even heard of the guy. Can I get a bio? You have to give me some personnel reports before you throw names out. I don’t even know the guy.”
And offensive guard Brandon Moore said that Ryan’s brash approach is right up the players’ alley.
“Those are the things you want your coach to say,” Moore said. “Coaches usually give cliched answers. But for him to give his true feelings. … No, he’s not here to keep congratulating or pay homage to Bill Belichick. He’s here to win football games.”
Even though trash talking isn’t considered much of a factor in deciding the outcome of football games, at least the AFC East won’t be dull this season.

Permalink 87 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
87 Responses to “War of Words Escalates Between Jets, Dolphins”
  1. empty13 says: Jun 9, 2009 4:17 PM

channing? what a name! bet his mama liked show tunes.

2. adamsilver says: Jun 9, 2009 4:17 PM

Ryan reminds me of the son of another former coach shooting his mouth off…what’s that guys name again…? :)

3. Slow Joe says: Jun 9, 2009 4:21 PM

4. RyanHarris says: Jun 9, 2009 4:25 PM

Wow.
    I have no idea how Rex Ryan will do as a HC, but I cant wait to watch. I guess his BAL teams were always kind of bullies, and that seems to be the mentality he is bringing.

5. tinshaker says: Jun 9, 2009 4:26 PM

Bart Scott, Rex Ryan, Crowder’s the guy you played against 3 times in the last two years.
    He’s also the Mike LB on your division opponent so if you don’t know who he is, then you’re probably not ‘preparing’ properly.

6. hayward giablommi says: Jun 9, 2009 4:29 PM

Meanwhile, Bill Belichick and the Patriots go about their business and continue to do things the right way in preparation of regaining their rightful place atop the AFC East.
    Talkers talk, winners win.

7. ike says: Jun 9, 2009 4:31 PM

i didnt realize the other coaches in the division were kissing bill belichick’s rings all this time. was mangini kissing them when he beat the patriots last year? was tony sparano kissing them when he beat them last year, and then took the division from them?
    ryan should follow sparano’s example. you can be tough and hard-nosed without being an arrogant douche.
    you win football games by having better players and a better gameplan, not be “not being intimidated.” only a big, dumb, childlike football player could get inspired by this kind of talk.

8. garyofferdahl says: Jun 9, 2009 4:31 PM

two teams fighting over 2nd place and a wildcard maybe….

9. Nemesis says: Jun 9, 2009 4:31 PM

Can’t wait for Joey Porter to chime in …

10. Phins Puff Phattys says: Jun 9, 2009 4:31 PM

Jets aren’t going to do squat this year..Crowder is going to lay out Dirty Sanchez on MNF…then we’ll see who’s talkn smack then…

11. Nate A says: Jun 9, 2009 4:32 PM

The East is going to be very boring after about week 6 and the Jets, Phins, and Bills are 1 or 2 win teams and the Pats are undefeated.

12. omegalh says: Jun 9, 2009 4:32 PM

“If i was younger, I’d handle him myself.”
    That didn’t stop Buddy from using Gilbrides head to massage his knuckles. He needs to talk to pops.

13. bgreezMIA says: Jun 9, 2009 4:32 PM

Gotta love it (trash talk in the tedious offseason)…Dolphins gonna whoop em

14. EverybodyGotAIDS says: Jun 9, 2009 4:34 PM

The battle for third in the AFC East has officially begun

15. ihatethejets says: Jun 9, 2009 4:35 PM

channing crowder > bart scott. this is an objective observation, as i cant stand either of them.
    also, the only way the jets back up any of this “swaggerlicious” talk is if sanchez proves to be good enough to manage the offense with minimal mistakes (a la flacco last year). as a pats fan, i like our odds.

16. ppdoc says: Jun 9, 2009 4:39 PM

Rex is talking the talk. I hope his players know how to walk the walk.

17. ike says: Jun 9, 2009 4:42 PM

rex ryan is hilarious. does he really think he’s scaring anyone? he’s not going to “kiss bill belichick’s rings.” who on earth does that? was mangini doing it while he was beating the patriots last year? was sparano doing it while HE was beating the patriots last year and then taking the division from them? give me a break. only a big, dumb, childlike football player could ever be inspired by this kind of bullshit.

18. bigblue59 says: Jun 9, 2009 4:46 PM

In one case its a player then there is the other side the new head man woodys boy
    Buddy was an ass and I guess it is in the genes
    The JETS will fall flat on there green asses like they do every year
    There are two teams that play at the Meadow Lands one Pro and one semi pro
    Ryan one day may have a chance to coach a real team not the NY Tenents

19. Dave Zastudil says: Jun 9, 2009 4:48 PM

Wait, am I missing something here? Who is playing qb for the Jets this year? Sanchez? Clemens? Please. Your defense can play great all year but without a high-caliber quarterback you’re going nowhere in the playoffs.

20. KILLER FINS FAN says: Jun 9, 2009 4:56 PM

PISS ON THE JETS & THE PATSIES TOO!!! GO FINS 2009!!!

21. crowder52 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:00 PM

Ummm, I agree this sounds like the son of another coach that thinks perception is more important then reality. Like that other moron from UT Its hards to deal with reality when you are living in a fantasy. Secondly Crowder is one of the few father son tandem NFL players. ANd even more rare a father, son tandem that played for the same team. I guess Ryan and his players are not even mediocre students of the game or history of the game. His Daddy is Buddy Ryan, so thats all he needs. I don’t think I have ever heard Channing mention that his Dad actually was in the NFL also. I think for the first time I am going to be rooting for the Patriots in my life….when they play Lane Kiffin, I mean Buddy RYan , I mean Rex Ryan. Oh ya, Rex isn’t playing he is just running his mouth, his QB’s are going to get the pain from a stupid coaches comments twice a year from the entire AFC East

22. mike hunt says: Jun 9, 2009 5:01 PM

Wow, and Bart Scott is so A-List. I don’t know about anyone else but when I think NFL, Bart Scott’s name comes to my mind. He sure is feeling froggy after having a couple of good years playing along side Ray Lewis. We’ll see how he does when he won’t be roaming around free like he did in b-more. And who are the New York Jets? What the FUK have you guys done since Superbowl III.

23. Beast_Mode23 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:05 PM

Miami and New York are gonna look preeeetttyyy stupid when the Bills and Pats demolish them this season.
    Brady’s back with the Pats. Enough said.
    Pennington will continue his bi-annual pattern of sucking, and the wonderful Wildcat will not be as effective this year.(No, not even with Pat White, Florio.)
    The Jets have no proven QB, no legitimate receiving talent, and two very pissed off RBs.
    If Trent Edwards steps up and Jauron gets his head out of his ass, the Bills will be competing with the Pats for the AFC East. Buffalo has a much more complete team than New York or Miami, hands down.

24. gameday says: Jun 9, 2009 5:12 PM

Rex is old school.
    *************************************
    Nice choice of words regarding Mr.”misinterpetation”.
    I think thats a better term for the Pansie fans instead of Belicheat.
    Ok, lets hear the crying, moaning, bitching cries from the rest of the “misinterpeters” 3………..2……..1………….

25. the_dude says: Jun 9, 2009 5:13 PM

If all he knows about Channing Crowder is that he’s “all tatted up”, and if football games really are won and lost in June, then I’d say that is an ominous sign for Jets fans considering all their head coach knows about one of their archrival’s starting MLBs is that he has body art.

26. Chazz_Goodtimes says: Jun 9, 2009 5:15 PM

I can’t believe Ryan is going in the face of AFC East tradition and deciding NOT to pay homage to Belichick…… wait, what? Complete non-sense quote that of course the NY/NJ media has eaten up, and now its even sparked this equally non-sensical war of words between the Jets and Dolphins.

27. Elaw6 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:19 PM

I doubt either ball club will make the playoffs. New England will win the division and the wild card will come from the AFC south and/or AFC North.

28. Vox Veritas says: Jun 9, 2009 5:20 PM

Cripple fight!
    “He better win some games or he’ll look pretty stupid. Sorta like his dad did in Arizona. ”
    And Philly. For all of the bullshit they went .551 and were 0 for 3 in the playoffs while he was there. Rich Kotite was a much better coach.

29. Messiah says: Jun 9, 2009 5:21 PM

Dolphins-Jets games have always been heated and exciting to watch. No reason for this year to be any different I see.
    All this cheap talk should make for a nationaly televised game…..

30. jeremyb91 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:26 PM

Wow, what can I say? I haven’t seen these type of comments since Buddy was a head coach.
    Sure acts like his Dad and has the same football genes as his Dad, something unfortunately his twin brother Rob is missing.
    If he continues this the NY media will eat him alive and he’ll be out after two years if not sooner but be right back at it plugging away as a D coordinator elsewhere.

31. LionsFan says: Jun 9, 2009 5:29 PM

I love this stuff. I like a little spice to the rivalries. This is exactly why I went Favre to come back and play for the Vikings. I want to see the Vikings-Packers rivalry as bitter as ever. Good fun.

32. sim448 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:29 PM

Crowder “no, we are finishing 3rd:
    Ryan “no, we are. Dont you know who my dad is?”
    ……………and the Patriots and Bills just sit and smile because they are going to DOMINATE this division. Keep talking morons. Ask the Steelers what happens when you talk crap. Since they stopped, they have won 2 Super Bowls. Hmmmmmmmmm, makes you think…..

33. finsfan85 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:30 PM

I can’t wait to play the Jets. Should be an intense game.

34. BuckFutter says: Jun 9, 2009 5:39 PM

CRIPPLE FIIIIIGHT!

35. ebr362 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:39 PM

Any football fan knows that Jet fans are mainly the bottom feeders of the NFL with their big mouths and low class, the same fans tried to burn down their own stadium on monday night getting them banned from night games for years, now they have the perfect coach to fit the fans.

36. guvsta says: Jun 9, 2009 5:40 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t Crowder and Scott gone to exactly the same amount of Pro Bowls ie none!!! Before he starts shouting his mouth off, I’d like to see what he’s like without a future Hall of Famer next to him. Otherwise, he’s going to look pretty stupid!

37. smiley says: Jun 9, 2009 5:41 PM

Good for Ryan…why would you think anything less out of your team? Regardless if it’s June or effin’ January, the expectations are to go to the Super Bowl. And why would he kiss anyones ring? What for? If anything he should kick his ass. It’s football, not effin’ tennis. Hail!!

38. FumbleNuts says: Jun 9, 2009 5:46 PM

Clam Crowder said. “He’s going absolutely nuts!
    You can bet your ass the Jets will bring the HEAT from day 1 in the REGULAR season.
    Ryan means BUSINESS: Our football team certainly won’t be intimidated either. If there are issues with that, so be it.”
    It’s refreshing to see an NFL coach with so much passion!

39. ScottieC says: Jun 9, 2009 5:47 PM

Stupid is as stupid does.

40. DeVoodoo says: Jun 9, 2009 5:48 PM

It’s a good thing Ryan has such a fat ass, because the the bulls-eye on it keeps getting bigger and bigger.

41. unclaimedfright says: Jun 9, 2009 5:50 PM

He is his father’s son, and he’s going to win over the fanbase with this talk. Buddy Ryan did it in Philly, and Jets fans are almost as rough and tumble as Eagles fans. If you can’t win the SB (and he won’t, not this season) at least walk with some swagger while everyone’s 0-0!

42. jaxeagle821 says: Jun 9, 2009 5:56 PM

come on people ya gotta love it, especially old eagle fans buddyball is back in the form of his son. Man i might have to become a closet Jet fan, next thing you know they’ll be a bounty on Joey Porter or some other Dolphin. Can some team please hire Rob Ryan as a head coach. LOL

43. AngelaF says: Jun 9, 2009 5:57 PM

I love how Ryan keeps trying incite something with Belichick and he’s getting NADA in return. HA HA HA

44. icecreamtruck says: Jun 9, 2009 6:07 PM

adamsilver says:
    Umm.. who? Dave Shula? Wade Phillips? There are only four choices.

45. DynastyDriven77 says: Jun 9, 2009 6:09 PM

Whats funny is the Patriots have not said a word yet Ryan keeps on talking about them… Someones paranoid, and Crowder is just a punk

46. getagrip says: Jun 9, 2009 6:09 PM

Memo to Rex Ryan: You’ve got a rookie quarterback, you’re playing in a tough division, and you look like the Michelin Man. Hope this helps.

47. Terrell Blowens says: Jun 9, 2009 6:12 PM

This is a wannabe rivalry. Since when has Dolphins-Jets been fierce and exciting? Just 2 seasons ago they had a combined win total of 5

48. Patriotsoveryourteam says: Jun 9, 2009 6:15 PM

Who ? Clam Chowder ? Patriots eat you for diner . Weres your rings . You guys think your so good when u tied us for the AFC east last year with a QB that hadn’t started a game since high school . Bradys back now . Good Luck afc east . Cause this is just gonna be another easy year for the pats .

49. 4shortofa100 says: Jun 9, 2009 6:19 PM

Remember “Arizona, you’ve got a winner in town”?
    Good luck with the bravado. Crowder was 100 percent right.

50. rusH1023 says: Jun 9, 2009 6:21 PM

“If I was younger, I’d handle him myself.”
    Is that a reference to fighting? Or more along the lines of throwing his junk in the anal cleft? I don’t get it.

51. JakeDSnake says: Jun 9, 2009 6:24 PM

“I don’t know this Channing Crowder,” said Ryan “All I know is that he’s all tatted up.”
    Interesting Rex. Maybe you could expand upon your feelings of guys who are “all tatted up”? You know like Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Kris Jenkins…

52. icecreamtruck says: Jun 9, 2009 6:25 PM

adamsilver says: Ryan reminds me of the son of another former coach shooting his mouth off…what’s that guys name again…?
    I don’t know… Wade Phillips? Dave Shula? There are only 4 choices…

53. MarkB says: Jun 9, 2009 6:36 PM

Ryan’s father Buddy never shook hands with opposing coaches after games – and the media loved him. This should be interesting.

54. bbq says: Jun 9, 2009 6:39 PM

I like it. This kind of stuff makes football fun, and fires up the players. The AFC East is tough division right now, and I think every team is competitive. It should be fun to watch.

55. Dirty_Waters says: Jun 9, 2009 6:41 PM

He’s either going to look like a genius or a donkey next year.

56. JoeSixPack says: Jun 9, 2009 6:48 PM

These guys sure are putting a lot of time and effort into bragging rights on who’s going to finish 3rd and 4th in the Division.

57. inmymind says: Jun 9, 2009 6:49 PM

love him, loved Buddy in philly. These guys man up with the best of them. Sometimes you just have to be a man, and not bend over to the “publicity coaches”. Football should be fun entertaining, with lots of hitting. Forget those soft coaches who say nothing, bring on the guys who can fight. Dont emmulate our soft society which will someday be taken over by a simply because we become apathetic. Stand up and fight.

58. TheDPR says: Jun 9, 2009 7:17 PM

Ryan’s dad’s antics were beloved by players, too. How many championships did he earn as a head coach again?

59. Unfiltered says: Jun 9, 2009 7:27 PM

Hah! LOVE it!
    Let me be probably the only Patriots fan who says: Attaboy!
    I got NO problem with Ryan. And I don’t give a shytte that it’s his first HC gig. The guy is fired UP, he’s not afraid to show it, and I LOVE it!
    Hey, he didn’t disrespect us. He just says he’s not kissing anyone’s A-Hole! That takes a LOT of balls for a rookie HC to come on the way he has, and I have only respect for that.
    That pussbag, “ike”, on page 1, on the other hand, as well as that other pansy who’s name I forget and can’t be bothered looking up, can help themselves to a couple of Kotex, for their all too evident conditions! It’s pretty funny to watch these clowns stir themselves into a lather about their betters, when their betters can’t even be bothered with THEM! Hah!
    92 days to Opening Night!

60. Vicente Bastardo says: Jun 9, 2009 7:42 PM

Somebody get Sexy Rexy Anthony Smith’s phone number or twitter name so he can ask him what happened when he “guaranteed” a win over the Pats as a rookie?
    (I’m a Steelers fan by the way)

61. RobJH says: Jun 9, 2009 7:48 PM

62. sevenirongator says: Jun 9, 2009 8:05 PM

I’m not a jets fan, but rex ryan seems kick ass

63. dfins says: Jun 10, 2009 1:04 AM

Bart Scott, you should stop acting like Rex Ryan’s b!tch… “who’s Crowder?”, “give me a bio”?? Come on!..be real.. you were playing next one of the best duo in the NFL (in Lewis & Suggs), which made your job easier; and most of the time made you look good.. Why don’t you worry about creating your own bio first.. and then we’ll talk.
    Coach Rex, it seems to me that your family tree has issues… you and your pop don’t seem to $hut the fuk up! Ever!!

64. dfins says: Jun 10, 2009 1:06 AM

Rex Ryan is a joke!!

65. FishFrenzy says: Jun 10, 2009 2:40 AM

FYI: To Fat Rex and Bart Simpson maybe running your mouth is a good way to motivate yourselves but lighting a fire under your competition for no reason is silly. You’ll notice you don’t hear Miami and NE talking because both teams know the division is between them. Also Bart if you don’t know who Channing is check this little thing called career statistics there you will find who he is. In fact you will find his production is nearly double what you are putting out my friend. To say you don’t know who someone in the league is in my opinion is classless. Especially when the person you are referring to has had a better overall career. This should be fun this year watching the Jests point fingers again come december. Gang green is so fitting you truly are the fungus of the league.

66. ebr362 says: Jun 10, 2009 6:08 AM

The problem with Ryans bravado is he developed it when he coached a dam good defense in baltimore. He doesn’t have that luxury in NJ. He would have been better served building the team up a bit before he shot off his mouth in public and got his team circled on the schedule.

67. ChrisP says: Jun 10, 2009 9:04 AM

That ENTIRE defense let 1 AFC East team score more than 26 points against them last season. they had an average of 21.83 points scored against them by an AFC East rival compared to an 22 point average by the Jets… pretty close.
    The Bills also have a hell of a back field that has rushed for a lot of yards… I wouldnt say too much about the O-Line either.
    I’m a Pats fan but the ONLY team I’m worried about are the Bills, they have the youth and tallent to take the Pats… Rex is a fool who makes bulletin board material for all those coaches in the AFC East that come from the Bill Parcells coaching tree. Coach Ryan is the village idiot of the division already.

68. overkil2 says: Jun 10, 2009 9:15 AM

“RobJH says:
    June 9th, 2009 at 7:48 pm
    Ok for all the people on here saying the Bills will come in 2nd in the AFC East, get a friggin clue. TO does not make the team. Their O-Line and ENTIRE defense sucks. ”
    —-
    Where did all the closet Bills fans come from. Whoever thinks that the Bills will end up 2nd because of TO should have their head examined.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the Pats don’t win the division this year.

69. Unfiltered says: Jun 10, 2009 10:13 AM

Road Kill says:
    “I’ll give the Pats the benefit of the doubt that they will win the division assuming Brady is 100%. Oh, btw, what is your record against the Fins with Brady at QB? I think it is hovering around .500. Maybe a tad bit higher, but certainly not .750 like you guys think you dominate every team out there.”
    Hah! Sounds like SOME body’s dealing with a Toxic Inferiority Complex, HMM???
    Good luck with that! ;o)
    The Pats have won 3 Super Bowls in 8 years.
    The Fish have won ZILCH in…36 years.
    And Brady is 9-5 against the Fish, with most of the losses coming in meaningless December games, where we’d already clinched our Seeding.
    But then again, ALL of Miami’s games’ve been meaningless, this decade, so who am I to talk??? BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
    So much for “hovering around .500” ;o)
    You’re…not too bright…ARE you, Road Kill? :o)

70. mixman34 says: Jun 10, 2009 10:18 AM

Dolphins are terrible, and will continue to be terrible. They mopped up with their 4th place schedule last year in a one season fluke. Now they have to play with the big boys…. 3 wins MAYBE.

71. footballnut says: Jun 10, 2009 11:43 AM

Rex is writing a lot of checks with his mouth, but I am not so sure he has enough ‘funds’ in his locker room to cash them…

72. LEGENDARYFINS says: Jun 10, 2009 12:05 PM

Mixman
    Yeah 11 wins is terrible..u r a joke

73. LEGENDARYFINS says: Jun 10, 2009 12:08 PM

3 Wins maybe? u r out of ur mind…u must have been hanging around with Rex a little 2 much. Oh and since when is 11 wins terrible? ur a clown

74. Alabama leprechaun says: Jun 10, 2009 12:23 PM

Dear CBS,
    Please show the Dolphins vs. Jets games in the Mobile, AL Area
    -Me

75. joey-pickles says: Jun 10, 2009 1:49 PM

To: All you jag-offs
    This is the most entertainment any of you have seen since February.

76. serge storms says: Jun 10, 2009 3:28 PM

ebr362 , you are an idiot.
    the rules that are in place for night games at the meadowlands has to do with Giants fans and snowballs.
    but dont let the truth get in the way of your hatred for Jets fans.
    be pissed at them for wanting to see boobs during half time, but dont make up shit to further your agenda

77. FlorioBorio says: Jun 10, 2009 5:02 PM

Patriotsoveryourteam says:
    June 9th, 2009 at 6:15 pm
    _________
    Learn how to spell, New England high school dropout.

78. FlorioBorio says: Jun 10, 2009 5:04 PM

hayward giablommi says:
    June 9th, 2009 at 4:29 pm
    Talkers talk, winners win.
    __________

79. Unfiltered says: Jun 10, 2009 5:49 PM

“Since you Pats fans seem to be the biggest talkers here, I guess that makes you all losers. As for winning, the Steelers are the ones who have been winning most lately, two Super Bowl titles in the last 4 years and counting.”
    Heh! And yet, they’re still chasing US. We’re still up 3-2 on them, this decade…and counting!
    Furthermore, everybody knows we own those boys! They have NEVER gotten by us in the playoffs!!
    They are an hell of a team, the Steelers, and I respect their accomplishments…Sort of like the Rockets of the 90’s, who won two rings while Jordan took a year off and took a second year to work back into shape!
    3 down, 3 to go, baby! And it is gonna be DAMNED funny to watch all you Steelers fans shrivel up like snails that got salt dumped on them, the next time you have to face US in the Playoffs!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!!!

80. FlorioBorio says: Jun 10, 2009 11:50 PM

Unfiltered says:
    June 10th, 2009 at 5:49 pm
    _________________
    US? What position do you play? Ball washer?
    The Pats are still chasing the Steelers (6), Cowboys (5), Niners (5) and are currently tied with the Packers, Giants, Redskins and probably a couple of other teams at 3. Until your team can do more than flame out like they did in the 2008 Super Bowl, you have no room to crow about anything.

81. Unfiltered says: Jun 11, 2009 9:22 AM

Heh! Clowns like Borio are so saddled with Toxic Inferiority Complex, that they evidently struggle with the concept that without fans, there IS no team! So, YEAH: “Us”! Did you follow the concept THAT time, old sport? ;o)
    You’re…not too bright…ARE you, bub? ;o)
    Sorry to break your heart, there, old chum, but: The Patriots aren’t chasing anybody. We admire the history of the Steelers and other great teams, but we damned sure aren’t worried about them!
    Your pathetic ilk ~ and I definitely don’t count all Steeler fans in this! ~ are so consumed with Hating US, for the last ten years of relentless, repeated, and gut wrenching HUMILIATIONS at our hands, that you quite evidently think of US, more than your OWN team! Hah!
    In other words, YOU chumps have been chasing US…for 10 years!
    So you’ve obviously assumed that we take the same pathetic approach as y’all.
    That’s called wishful thinking. Just because you’re saddled with an amusing but frightening case of Patriot Envy, doesn’t mean we’re even mildly concerned with YOU!
    While you and your amusing ilk scramble after US, and dedicate your lives to hating on US…WE simply focus on our OWN business.
    We do take a few minutes, now and then, to point and laugh at wannabees like y’all, though, so please DO continue with the squealing and the bleating! It is GREATLY appreciated! :o)

82. joey-pickles says: Jun 11, 2009 10:03 AM

At Unfiltered (fart)…
    Y’all? What are you a Patsie from the south??? Talk about a wannabee poser!!!

83. Unfiltered says: Jun 11, 2009 3:41 PM

Heh! Thank you, Joey’s Pickle Puffer, for taking the time to Hate! Please drive through!

84. FlorioBorio says: Jun 11, 2009 6:54 PM

I think that you have him pegged (I hear that fans of New England teams like that), Joey. Along with the rest of the lame ass Pats fans here.

85. Unfiltered says: Jun 11, 2009 8:39 PM

Heh! As always, boys, your impotent and helpless rage is very amusing and GREATLY appreciated! Please drive through! :o)

86. FlorioBorio says: Jun 12, 2009 10:57 AM

Unfiltered says:
    June 11th, 2009 at 8:39 pm
    ______
    Helpless and impotent rage? Like anything any of you Pats fans here say will make a difference in your team’s performance either. All I know is this: The Pats have not won a Super Bowl title in five years and counting, while the Steelers have won two more (of their six total, twice as many as the Pats own) in that same time span. The Giants and Colts have also won a title in that time frame, so if anything one of those three are the only franchises who can rightly claim the title of “King of the Mountain”. Pats fans need to get over those facts, facts that squarely show that the Pats team is no longer the same one of the early 2000s. Thank you for playing.

87. Unfiltered says: Jun 12, 2009 6:53 PM

Good LORD, somebody’s desperate for validation! BWAHAHAH!!
    News flash, bubby! I KNOW the Steelers are the leading team of the Super Bowl Era, and I LOVE it! I’ve always loved the Steelers, and their success brings me nothing but satisfaction and joy…though not NEARLY as much as that of my Patriots does! Sooooo…What’s your point?? Hah!
    The simple fact is that the success of other teams doesn’t bother me! Why in God’s name WOULD it?
    YOU, on the other hand…WHEW!! What a sorry, miserable creature! Do you realize that you’re so focused on MY team, on US…that most of us don’t even know if you’re a Steeler fan or a Jet fan??
    Hell, YOU’RE more focused on my Patriots than most PATRIOT fans!!
    It’s just too bad that the Steelers success doesn’t relieve so many of their fans from being bitter, envious trolls! Hee hee! Hey, good luck with that! ;o)