PFTV Looks At Peppers Deal

With no one else willing to fork over one or more draft picks and to pay Julius Peppers a big pile of cash, Peppers opted to sign his franchise tender.
With no strings attached.
And so he won’t necessarily be an unrestricted free agent in 2010, if the Panthers choose to use the franchise tag on him again.
For more on the situation, we offer up a brand-new PFTV segment, which required me to break from my new no-day-job routine and take a shower before 3:00 p.m.

[yt]A7kVUeyF-TU[/yt]

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Contracts, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
7 Responses to “PFTV Looks At Peppers Deal”
  1. longdarkface says: Jun 26, 2009 12:58 PM

I’m still waiting for Peppers to get 56 sacks in a season like he did for me in Madden. Same Season that Vick threw over 70 TD’s. I don’t know which is more likely at this point.

2. beg4greg says: Jun 26, 2009 1:19 PM

I wouldn’t go as far as to say he caved. Realistically, even without a cap, I highly doubt they are going to be able to pay him a $20M guaranteed salary that would come along with a franchise tag next year. So, chances are he will be a free-agent next year anyway…

3. tj.52 says: Jun 26, 2009 1:38 PM

Mike Florio says: “and take a shower before 3:00 p.m.”
    ————————————————————————
    Is it the last Friday of the month already?
    P.S. – It doesn’t count when you don’t wash your hair.

4. Alabama leprechaun says: Jun 26, 2009 1:55 PM

5. tj.52 says: Jun 26, 2009 2:34 PM

Alabama leprechaun says: I guess all the “Peppers to PATS” commentators will be coming out and saying they were wrong, right?
    @Alabama leprechaun:
    That would require something called “integrity”. Aside from Boston’s Mike Reiss you’re not going to see too much of that floating around the ranks of the media.

6. Shackman says: Jun 26, 2009 4:30 PM

Good commentary, Mr. Florio. As an aside, now that you’ve hit that big deal with NBC maybe you can stop buying your suits from the Men’s Warehouse and maybe even treat yourself to a couple of those easy on the eyes Italian designer labels.

7. Wagel454 says: Jun 26, 2009 4:33 PM

When did George Stephanopoulos become a football expert?