Welcome To PFT

For our very first item on the brand new PFT, we need to welcome all of the folks who have found their way here via NBCSports.com and msnbc.com, and who are wondering precisely what in the hell this is.

(As to those of you who already know, it’s a lot easier to scroll past this story than it is to piss and moan about it.  But we know from experience that some of you will opt to piss and/or moan.)

Though we’ve been around for more than seven and a half years, plenty of football fans don’t know about ProFootballTalk.com.

It’s one of the consequences of being too cheap to advertise.

But now we don’t have to advertise.  We’ve officially joined forces with NBC Sports, and we’ve managed to stick them with that specific bill, along with a few others.

So here’s what we do.

We follow the NFL on a continuous basis.  Every day.  Without a break.

Because I never take vacations, I never get sick, and I don’t celebrate any major holidays.  (Except Festivus.)

Besides, we enjoy following the NFL on a continuous, daily, and relentless basis.  And in so doing we track down the stories that other media outlets are reporting, we explain what the developments mean, and we break our fair share of news items.

The end result is a real-time glimpse of all of the latest happenings in the NFL, the only sport we watch (except for hockey playoffs as long as the Penguins are still alive) — and without question the greatest sport on the planet.

So welcome to what we call PFT Planet, the best way to keep up with said greatest sport on the planet.

Not just on Sundays in the fall, but on every single day of the year.  Including all major holidays.

Permalink 141 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
141 Responses to “Welcome To PFT”
  1. beefandpork says: Jul 1, 2009 12:34 AM

1st comment ever

2. phillyburdzfan says: Jul 1, 2009 12:35 AM

Also, though he’s too shy to admit it, Florio lives in his basement with no pants.

3. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Jul 1, 2009 12:36 AM

Re-insert the ratings system.

4. Chris Rush says: Jul 1, 2009 12:36 AM

moderator?

5. nsw-pirates says: Jul 1, 2009 12:37 AM

new layout looks nice. hope going big time doesn’t ruin you or the site.

6. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Jul 1, 2009 12:38 AM

You forgot to mention how you are at times over-zealous and have never played tackle football in your life.

7. phillyburdzfan says: Jul 1, 2009 12:39 AM

1st comment ever with html?

8. Bubby Brister says: Jul 1, 2009 12:41 AM

Now we’re in business. I thought my account got lost in a blackhole.

9. clintdogg says: Jul 1, 2009 12:42 AM

patriots cheat, amirite?

10. Hosstyle In Tampa says: Jul 1, 2009 12:42 AM

Florio,
    You mean to tell me I hadn’t made 200 posts??
    What’d you have Aaron Wilson do the “comment count”?
    anyways,
    Congrats on the sponsorship, I’ve read this blog for at least 3 or 4 years now…and turned a lot of people onto it…great work

11. Display Name says: Jul 1, 2009 12:43 AM

You mean we’re going to have to put up with pop-ups now?
    How long till NBC fires Florio and puts Matt Millen in charge? He’d at least have SOME football knowledge.

12. EaglesFan says: Jul 1, 2009 12:43 AM

2nd comment ever! Like the new look, no ugly fat stomach’s! w00t!

13. Boom Goes The Dynamite says: Jul 1, 2009 12:43 AM

Good to be here. Doesn’t look to be as “Corporate” as I anticipated. Keep up the good work. Stick to your guns and keep sticking it to the establishment. I sound like a damn hippy. Speaking of which, I just had a vision of Florio in tie-dye smoking a doob with Willie Nelson and laughed out loud. Taco Bill get on that!!!

14. shady says: Jul 1, 2009 12:43 AM

Sell out.

15. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Jul 1, 2009 12:45 AM

Also Joe Brocato likes to visit Florio in his basement.

16. east96st says: Jul 1, 2009 12:48 AM

Any of the rest of you old timers need to re-register? I was told the link in my email “timed out”. Sooooo, new website, but still lots of tech problems. Florio was right. Nothing changed.

17. KABOOM BABY!! says: Jul 1, 2009 12:49 AM

Florio, I must admit I love the new layout. I also must admit that I don’t feel like I have my secret little website anymore. Congratulations and good luck!

18. BroadStreetBully9286 says: Jul 1, 2009 12:49 AM

God I can’t wait til Favre retires.

19. Chris Rush says: Jul 1, 2009 12:51 AM

man did I hate those pop up ads every time you accidentally scrolled over a word that was underlined with a dotted line.
    As long as those are gone forever, then this site looks great!

20. Zoology says: Jul 1, 2009 12:53 AM

I have to say I am a fan of the new site. Also I’m glad you’re letting other writers develop a voice on this site. Profootballtalk has grown quite a bit from only a few years ago.

21. Booger33487 says: Jul 1, 2009 12:55 AM

Way to go Florio! I have been anonymously reading your site for a year now, but had to let you know how much I like the look of the new site. Best of luck to you!

22. El Colon says: Jul 1, 2009 12:57 AM

BRING BACK THE COMMENT RATINGS!!!!!!

23. florio says: Jul 1, 2009 12:58 AM

He he he I squatted on your name florio!
    Anyways congrats on the new site and good luck!

24. ty@thelionsinwinter says: Jul 1, 2009 12:58 AM

Mike–
    Many, many, many congrats. I’ve been reading daily (/hourly/minutely) almost all of those years; you’ve been nothing less than the best at what you do all along–report, analyze, opine, praise, and gripe–and with transparency, accuracy, and a big old dose of funny. May you continue to do so, and may you love the hell out of it.
    I know my poor F5 button will never forgive you, though.
    Long live PFT!
    Peace
    Ty @ The Lions in Winter

25. Chin35char says: Jul 1, 2009 12:58 AM

Dam! The website looks MUCH more professional now. I like it.

26. ken-phin says: Jul 1, 2009 1:06 AM

Welcome to the 21st century. My cell phone had better specs than your last server.
    Savvis is a great host and very well peered. Your new hardware is more like a fleet of Bentleys not caddies.

27. BWareDWare says: Jul 1, 2009 1:07 AM

Turd watch got flushed?

28. pat in philly says: Jul 1, 2009 1:08 AM

florio
    you suck
    (congrats dude, site actually looks nice and you didn’t lose your soul)
    you still suck

29. Ron In Charlotte says: Jul 1, 2009 1:10 AM

Hello PFT!
    Welcome to my very own Network. Say what you want, as long as you worship me! NBC is cool. They say whatever I want them to!
    Heil!
    Comrade Obama

30. issac1045 says: Jul 1, 2009 1:11 AM

im on my sprint phone and can’t see..black letters on gray background ,genius

31. Mike Florio says: Jul 1, 2009 1:17 AM

@isaac1045 . . . .
    try this: profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/m

32. Brant says: Jul 1, 2009 1:20 AM

So now that you’re on NBC Florio, how long before you’re a guest on the Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien. I’m guessing probably about the same time he brings back the masturbating bear.

33. ArtieLange says: Jul 1, 2009 1:23 AM

Holy crap! This site actually looks professional!
    I had to reenter the web address to make sure I was in the right place.
    Don’t let it go to your head.

34. issac1045 says: Jul 1, 2009 1:24 AM

thanks for the response..the heart and soul of PFT intact and only getting better.

35. SpartaChris says: Jul 1, 2009 1:24 AM

Nice job guys!
    So when I post comments, do any replies automatically get sent to me, or do I need to opt in?

36. Bubba78 says: Jul 1, 2009 1:25 AM

Nice now the we have links to other sports…..
    Congrats…been a faithful reader for while….keep up the quailtiy work….
    bubba

37. Browns and Bucks says: Jul 1, 2009 1:33 AM

Very Nice!

38. Bearfan54 says: Jul 1, 2009 1:34 AM

Woo Hoo I’m in! 32nd comment ever!

39. hark44 says: Jul 1, 2009 1:34 AM

are these comments reviewed or instantaneous? i’ll know in like 2 seconds.

40. hark44 says: Jul 1, 2009 1:35 AM

damn.

41. brian_21 says: Jul 1, 2009 1:41 AM

Mike, how will I ever get booze money again?

42. mofo says: Jul 1, 2009 1:41 AM

FIRE MILLEN.
    Login system seems a bit screwy. Had to login about five times before the beloved “vent a reply” box opened up.

43. Brohamma says: Jul 1, 2009 1:45 AM

Whoa whoa whoa! I don’t believe TURD was in Carlin’s list. If you can’t get by with TURD why not make it the “Brown Trout Report” for now on?? Or is it still here actually and just covered over with some TP… thus, not so obvious.

44. matthoover says: Jul 1, 2009 1:46 AM

I’m digging it, Florio. Sharp new digs. I do, however, think I’ll really miss the articles being centered on the page. Text just read better that way, but now NBC has put you in the same duds as everyone else with their left justification. Center it up chief!

45. Footba11Joe says: Jul 1, 2009 1:47 AM

You need to advertise the Twitter account, Florio. Let the noobs have the whole package.

46. houskat says: Jul 1, 2009 1:47 AM

hey,you think nbc would hook pft up with one of those print size adjusters?
    I’m to lazy to do it myself…. :)

47. Rocky Vegas says: Jul 1, 2009 1:47 AM

The comment rating system really makes this whole bunch of BS more interesting. Please bring it back.

48. Replica says: Jul 1, 2009 1:52 AM

Nice florio. I’ll still be here every day. Numerous times. Except when my boss is around.

49. William Wallace says: Jul 1, 2009 1:55 AM

I love the new layout, a lot cleaner without all the ad clutter. The site loads a lot faster in my browser as well.
    Bonus.
    It’d be great if you had a photo with every post like you do with the latest one. It makes breaks up the text just enough and looks really clean.
    Good luck and fair winds, but at the first sign of PFT sellout I’m gone.

50. PDXNinerfan says: Jul 1, 2009 1:59 AM

Can’t say Turd Watch any more? How about:
    S&^%, P#@$, F&%&, C*&^, C*&^%(#@$%, M(*#&$^%$#^&, and T^%*? Just testing…thank you. (God bless you George!)
    Panicked when I couldn’t find my PFTMobile. Will test it out tomorrow. Nice look on the site!!

51. DeuceDropper says: Jul 1, 2009 1:59 AM

Sniff, this place is starting to look almost respectable!

52. aj says: Jul 1, 2009 2:05 AM

Don’t go too corporate on us. Remember your roots and what made you what you are. There is no show more stodgy and boring as your new sponsor’s Football Night in America. Maybe you can convince Costas to drop and F-bomb or two, or do a turd watch segment.

53. southernboi727 says: Jul 1, 2009 2:11 AM

Best football site ever. i’m drunk as hell right now tryin to type this. GO BUCS!

54. southernboi727 says: Jul 1, 2009 2:18 AM

GO BUCS! SUPER BOWL OR BUST. RAHEEM THE DREAM! THE BUCS SHOULD OF NEVER FIRED GRUDEN. I CAN’T BELIEVE I’M TYPING AS DRUNK AS I AM. THIS WEBSITE IS THE BOMB. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUCS. PLAYOFFS OR BUST. LUKE MCNOUN SHOULD START. TOO MUCH TO DRINK FOR FRIENDS BIRTHDAY.
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    BUCS.

55. houskat says: Jul 1, 2009 2:21 AM

no log-out?

56. evilboy128 says: Jul 1, 2009 2:25 AM

pis…moan….piss and/or moan….pissmoan

57. Rasputin says: Jul 1, 2009 2:25 AM

Dear Mike,
    Even though you’ve gone big time now, don’t forget to just be yourself.
    Hugs,
    T.O.

58. JSpicoli says: Jul 1, 2009 3:05 AM

Florio is my blogger. . You are talking about my blogger, man

59. JSpicoli says: Jul 1, 2009 3:06 AM

I guess “Bang it here” and “Turd watch” didn’t make it past HR, huh?

60. eaglealan64 says: Jul 1, 2009 3:07 AM

Fifefox and AdBlock Plus = no popups.
    Congrats Mike – the site looks good.

61. GiorgioMustica says: Jul 1, 2009 3:12 AM

Now I won’t be able to spread rumors without people knowing since you became a sellout to NBC. Thanks.
    P.S – Insert the ratings system!

62. Gautam says: Jul 1, 2009 3:18 AM

anybody have any idea where can I get the link for PFT’s news feed ? I cannot seem to find it on the homepage at least.

63. spyboots says: Jul 1, 2009 3:54 AM

Your faithful will follow you here and continue hitting F5, F5, F5 all day every day. Keep in mind, WE know the “real” you and are entitled to call you Florio (without the Mr.) — among other things.

64. JuicyMelon says: Jul 1, 2009 4:21 AM

First, Thankfully the comment rating system is gone!
    Second, Did someone, other than you, at NBC write that introduction?
    Third, the Penguins su…should’ve lost to Detroit.
    Last, I was kinda hoping for a pic of the day to welcome everyone.

65. jshawaii says: Jul 1, 2009 5:05 AM

You mean your typical East Coast Bias will continue 24/7? Damn, I’m looking forward to that.
    js

66. Philthylush says: Jul 1, 2009 5:22 AM

Florio, you son of a b!tch. You did it, it looks great. I can’t believe W. Virgina greatest son made it to the bigtime without having having to shave or change out of the clothes he slept in. Keep up the good work.

67. offtrackmind says: Jul 1, 2009 5:23 AM

Please do not let NBC put Matt Millen to work on this site. Please Mike

68. jdblya says: Jul 1, 2009 5:46 AM

Hey Florio, are you selling “Advertising Space” on the new PFT Gear also? lol A little Peacock on the left shoulder of all your shirts?

69. screaming sheep says: Jul 1, 2009 5:51 AM

I got the movable type account email yesterday, thought I was good to go. Had to re-register. Glad Vox didn’t squat on me.
    As someone else mentioned, need to get the ratings back.

70. urbusted says: Jul 1, 2009 6:03 AM

nice site

71. urbusted says: Jul 1, 2009 6:16 AM

This is better Florio.

72. blitzburgh1 says: Jul 1, 2009 6:34 AM

Just to set the record straight for all the newcomers to PFT:
    1. Florio is a closet Steelers fan.
    2. Florio hates the Steelers.
    Now, with that out of the way, GO STEELERS!

73. joe mama says: Jul 1, 2009 6:35 AM

The new PFT is great. The only thing lacking are about 75 more Brett Favre stories!!! HAHAHA!!!

74. Brohamma says: Jul 1, 2009 6:48 AM

ROFL! Southernboi727…
    GO BUCS??
    I’d have never guessed in a million years that you were drunk typing that. Just remember this.. when you’re watching TB play against New England, in Wembley, I’ll be there. Keep your eyes open ok? I’ll be the one giving you a double dose of the one finger gesture.

75. Stlrzfan says: Jul 1, 2009 7:03 AM

You may want to enlighten noobies about your Bradshaw story and of your shrieking hysteria when Holmes caught THE touchdown against your squad. ( BAD CALL! BAD CALL! Oh, How could he reverse that!?! He wasn’t in the end zone! Waaaaa!) LMAO.

76. clevebrownsfan says: Jul 1, 2009 7:24 AM

Now that baseball is over in Cleveland it’s time to catch up on football.

77. DC_Bengals_Fan says: Jul 1, 2009 7:24 AM

“But we know from experience that some of you will opt to piss and/or moan.”
    Wow, I’d never tried both at the same time, but I must say, it was strangely satisfying.

78. Sociofan says: Jul 1, 2009 7:37 AM

The Penguins suck.
    But you are on the right network for exploring their lower intestinal cavities with fervor. Every sports personality at NBC has his man-crush for Crosby.
    …now back to football.

79. ProFootballTalk says: Jul 1, 2009 7:40 AM

SITE LOOKS GOOD FLORIO

80. Sociofan says: Jul 1, 2009 7:41 AM

My one criticism is that you allowed the site to be hosted on a “nbcsports.com” domain. Links, ads,…fine. But seeing that domain name up there gives me corporate crawlies.
    You are an attorney Mike, convince them. Go back! Go back! Go back! Present only your old domain.

81. ScottieC says: Jul 1, 2009 7:41 AM

Florio –
    Why the hell did I have to sign up again to PFT?

82. mrmagoo says: Jul 1, 2009 8:07 AM

Hey….
    I know all these guys. Site looks good, enough of the old to be comforting and enough of the new to be swoopy.

83. TimTheEnchanter says: Jul 1, 2009 8:16 AM

I guess I didn’t have 200 comments.
    Not having pagination on the comments is going to lead to some lo-o-o-ng pages around here. It’s going to be tough to pick up a conversation where it left off. Getting the ratings back would be great, but on the bright side we won’t have to worry about all the yinzers putting 1’s on everything that isn’t glowing praise for the squealers.
    Welcome to the big time, Florio. I hope it turns out better than the anal-probe you got when you were abducted by the mothership in Bristol all those years ago.

84. VernonK says: Jul 1, 2009 8:16 AM

Nice site besides the fact that it didn’t realize I had registered and logged in. When I was redirected back to the page to leave a comment, I still got the “You better login” stuff. I had to refresh the page just to get the form. You’d think NBC’s web dev crew would code that better.

85. vettdjsports says: Jul 1, 2009 8:29 AM

The new layout looks good Mike. A few bugs here and there, like having to register again and sign in like twenty times, but all in all it’s all good.
    Welcome to all the FNG’s making their first visit. Now you’ll have to work late to make up all the time you’re going to spend here.

86. raider13 says: Jul 1, 2009 8:31 AM

welcome to the “new” PFT. Congrats on the gig Florio, Now get back to work and get us some news that doesnt include Vick, Favre or…Charlie Batch? Work Slave Work!

87. Mattmanus says: Jul 1, 2009 8:31 AM

For what it is worth, I am diggin’ the new site. nice & clean! Good job!

88. MrMarbles says: Jul 1, 2009 8:40 AM

Maybe make the stories a little wider? Seems like the lines are too compressed to me. A little uncomfortable.

89. Pea Tear Griffin says: Jul 1, 2009 8:43 AM

Where’s the page breaks for comments?
    Where’s the comment ratings?
    Left justified everything??

90. doublestuffflorios says: Jul 1, 2009 8:47 AM

Congrats Floreo,
    Did NBC give you an office right next to Tiki
    or are you still working out of your basement?

91. PirateFreedom says: Jul 1, 2009 9:03 AM

It doesn’t suck as bad as I thought it would, although I miss the old no-nonsense style.
    I’m betting NBC turns it into a script ridden , slow loading , flashing, blinking, noisy, ad laden slug of a page eventually though.
    It’s how they roll.

92. Nittany Munchkins says: Jul 1, 2009 9:03 AM

I’m liking the “new” website smell…

93. footballnut says: Jul 1, 2009 9:13 AM

For all of the new PFT readers:
    Florio loves to be beat up on, even though he won’t admit it.
    gameday and taintedtrophies are the same guy/girl so don’t think you’re getting ganged up on if you’re a Pats fan…he/she is just lonely don’t take it personally.
    Vox Veritas now admits the Cowboys suck no matter how much he’ll deny it now.
    Pats fans and Steelers fans love to throw at one another, but don’t worry the Pats fans mean it as tounge and cheek (I’m not so sure about the Steelers fans though so be careful).
    Lastly, if you start to feel dirty, it’s OK that’s just the PFT kool aid setting in…

94. Slow Joe says: Jul 1, 2009 9:15 AM

I love the new look. But as PTG said, might want to get comment ratings and pagination back.
    Especially the comment ratings. I loved seeing “5/5 with 25 ratings” next to nearly all of my brilliant comments.
    By the way, the saving of my user name didn’t work for shit. I had to re-register anyway. I spent all day yesterday trying to login and it refused to take my password. Luckily, no one squatted on my screenname.

95. Pudge Heffelfinger says: Jul 1, 2009 9:17 AM

What happened to the comment ratings?

96. HoosierTansplantIsSirius says: Jul 1, 2009 9:21 AM

It’s just me and my 199 post……. I mean my 2nd post.
    So far so good Florio (Korn)holio

97. Nittany Munchkins says: Jul 1, 2009 9:22 AM

Hey Florio…how come we can’t rate the comments?
    I like being able to let people know if i think something is funny, and that vox veritas is a scumbag for being a cowboys fan.

98. Bronkko says: Jul 1, 2009 9:33 AM

NBC supports Iran. Bill O’reilly says so.

99. Whatever says: Jul 1, 2009 9:39 AM

So how how am I supposed to know where to “bang it” now? It needs to be banged!!

100. jefbob says: Jul 1, 2009 9:39 AM

What about RSS? I am not seeing an RSS feed anymore?

101. Kevin from Philly says: Jul 1, 2009 9:40 AM

Piss AND moan. I registered yesterday, and when I came back today, the site had no record of my account. Bring back the hamster!

102. TD'S R 6 PTS says: Jul 1, 2009 9:50 AM

Congrats Flo!
    You’re doing well. Something to be very proud of!
    formerly the Messiah

103. Swanie says: Jul 1, 2009 9:56 AM

Dam you moved and I still found you. Thank the heavens, I need my football

104. Vox Veritas says: Jul 1, 2009 9:56 AM

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

105. Simdogga77 says: Jul 1, 2009 10:02 AM

Here you are lol

106. mastodon says: Jul 1, 2009 10:04 AM

I like the new look of the site Florio. Nice and clean.

107. Flimflam1 says: Jul 1, 2009 10:04 AM

Nice looking site so far, Florio. A few tweaks here or there and you’re in business.
    When you decide to write the sequel to QBF, give the folks at NBC Sports a heads up. They’re starting to polish this thing up a bit; maybe they could help the book, too?

108. samlv4 says: Jul 1, 2009 10:06 AM

I agree with alot of the commentors… where is the rating system? Please bring it back so I can rate Slow Joe a 5.

109. Slow Joe says: Jul 1, 2009 10:09 AM

WHOA! All the old comments on all the old posts are gone?!?! That SUCKS! There have been some classic comments on this website! Please tell me that they’ll be re-uploaded. PLEASE!

110. Pea Tear Griffin says: Jul 1, 2009 10:12 AM

Holy Crap, am I not getting comments in my e-mail anymore?!?!?

111. JSMath says: Jul 1, 2009 10:16 AM

Isn’t there going to be a poll anymore?

112. PFTiswhatitis says: Jul 1, 2009 10:24 AM

at least we wont have to deal with Florios lame ass network guys anymore.
    >>>>Slow Joe says:
    yeah especially those circa spygate

113. Bender says: Jul 1, 2009 10:26 AM

[b]Obligatory Seinfeld Comment.[/b]

114. DFWTMILLAW says: Jul 1, 2009 10:27 AM

Site format looks like crap!

115. PFTiswhatitis says: Jul 1, 2009 10:27 AM

WHere’s the google widget update?

116. Dustin Chandler says: Jul 1, 2009 10:29 AM

no ratings? aside from the news… that is the best part of PFT.

117. jayhawk67 says: Jul 1, 2009 10:30 AM

Chiefs have access to daily comments about the team at bobgretz.com. Gretz was a beat reporter for the Kansas City Star after doing similar in Pittsburgh.
    His daily output is chock full of solid reporting and good information which, given the CIA-like attitude about publicity so far displayed by the Scott Pioli/Tod Haley regime, is remarkable.
    Are there a lot of similar sites available to NFL fans who find themselves starved for reading material in what now seems like an endless off-season?

118. rjwill says: Jul 1, 2009 10:31 AM

Festivus for the restofus!! Congrats Florio.

119. uni-ab says: Jul 1, 2009 10:43 AM

I miss the links to the local newspapers.

120. Pea Tear Griffin says: Jul 1, 2009 10:44 AM

@Florio
    “# Vox Veritas says: July 1, 2009 9:56 AM
    E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!”
    Looks like someone squatted on that name.
    I’m glad I got to keep mine, but the e-mail I got yesterday didn’t work, I had to re-register this morning.

121. laxref26 says: Jul 1, 2009 10:53 AM

Florio,
    great job,
    go giants

122. Shamrock says: Jul 1, 2009 11:07 AM

Hey Florio,
    How long are you going to sleep with the Peacock?
    Just wondering when I’ll have to re-register ….. again.

123. Theismans Leg says: Jul 1, 2009 11:13 AM

Congrats, Mike. You made it to the big time. Don’t screw it up.

124. DcNinerFan says: Jul 1, 2009 11:20 AM

Not a fan of the somewhat cramped new layout, and NBC sucks, but whaddaya gonna do?

125. Joe in Raleigh says: Jul 1, 2009 11:39 AM

We need the ratings system.

126. Wellsee says: Jul 1, 2009 11:44 AM

Congratulations!
    However, you can’t keep calling yourself “profootballtalk.com” since you are now profootballtalk.NBCSPORTS.com.
    Hey… we all have a price.

127. Vox Veritas 2.0 says: Jul 1, 2009 11:47 AM

To the A Hole that stole my username: You better hope I don’t find you! Eagles suck, Cowboys rule. The new and improved Vox Veritas 2.0 has arrived!

128. YoMama says: Jul 1, 2009 11:55 AM

I viewed the new format
    and what I saw was good.
    Florio has a big head
    –first haiku ever

129. Dwight K. Schrute says: Jul 1, 2009 12:18 PM

“Because I never take vacations, I never get sick, and I don’t celebrate any major holidays. (Except Festivus.)”
    QUESTION: If we were to call your customer service, would we be put on hold forever, now that you’re “one of the big guys”?

130. gogobroncos says: Jul 1, 2009 1:46 PM

I like the new digs Florio but I think the mobile version really needs some work. The site’s background, print, and borders are all in black and, YES, for you Auqua Teen Hunger Force Fans it is the mantra of “The Drizzle”.
    Other than the mobile issues on my Palm, which is an issue within itself, the site is looking classy. :)

131. johnravencard says: Jul 1, 2009 4:09 PM

I like the clean, harmonized, compartmentalized new PTL Planet web page. I find the black framing a nice complement to screen’s overall layout. Boy, I wish the Cardinals would add more black to their away uniforms.

132. new stadium for buffalo says: Jul 1, 2009 4:48 PM

This isn’t going to lead to new stooges coming on and just looking for ridiculous arguments is it?
    Who am I kidding.

133. Art Vandalay says: Jul 1, 2009 4:54 PM

Is this the place/time to “air our grievences”

134. DcNinerFan says: Jul 1, 2009 5:25 PM

Lol, they won’t let my comment through about using mozilla and noad/noscript plugins to cut through NBC’s crap popups… Nice one Florio!

135. DallasSucks says: Jul 1, 2009 8:04 PM

HEH HEH HEH!
    Vox got played!
    Screw you, 2.0.
    E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

136. BigMikey says: Jul 1, 2009 11:34 PM

Cool, does this mean Costas will be available for periodic live chats?
    Maybe during the Christmas parade, PFT Planet can have a float. Hell, maybe Florio can do one of those “The More You Know” PSL’s. NBC, baby!

137. oldirtybri says: Jul 2, 2009 2:07 PM

Much improved layout and functionality. nice work Florio and NBC dev team.

138. Smush Rodrigez says: Jul 2, 2009 2:40 PM

The mobile version of this site stinks. Too many clicks. You coont just go to the rumor mill and read all of the news, you have to click on each individual story. How is that better?

139. Maverick says: Jul 3, 2009 12:04 AM

I just stumbled onto the site not knowing it was only the 2nd day as a “new” site. I don’t know what it was before July 1, but I love what you have here now. LOTS of great info.

140. mashoaf says: Jul 21, 2009 6:53 PM

Are you ever going to get around to posting the rest of PFT’s biggest moments? Seems like the slow time might be a good time to finish what you started Florio

141. Coughlins Happy Pills says: Jul 28, 2009 11:54 AM

Going way back to see if this works (Not good with HTML)
    Sorry if it does not: