CFT Scores "Exclusive Interview" With Senator Orrin Hatch

Folks familiar with the old PFT know that we love the term “exclusive interview.”  The media often uses the moniker breathlessly, implying that the reporter has accomplished a feat equal to securing possession of the sacred cross dagger of Adjanti.

But in many cases an “exclusive interview” means that the subject of it is speaking only with one reporter at the present time.

Still, “exclusive interview” sounds a lot better than “it was my turn to ask some questions.”

That said, our own John Taylor of CFT has scored his own “Can I have the knife? . . . Please?” moment with United States Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) regarding the lingering discontent regarding the BCS system that crowns a champion of college football, and that automatically disseminates lucrative bowl bids to the champions of specific NCAA conferences.

Senator Hatch tells J.T. that “[t]here are most definitely antitrust issues involved,” and Senator Hatch says there’s a “decent chance” that the Justice Department will get involved.

The full interview is right here.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
13 Responses to “CFT Scores "Exclusive Interview" With Senator Orrin Hatch”
  1. ryans46d says: Jul 7, 2009 5:22 PM

Wow. Nice reference to the Golden Child. You know what’s sad? You actually spent time out of your day to research how to spell “Adjanti”.
    You are without question the King of all Hacks.

2. titan_fan says: Jul 7, 2009 5:28 PM

Don’t be too flattered… Orrin Hatch never met a microphone he didn’t like

3. Display Name says: Jul 7, 2009 5:30 PM

Another reason to never go to CFT. Hatch is a 2 faced traitor that can go jump off the 14th street bridge for all I care.

4. Display Name says: Jul 7, 2009 5:31 PM

I take that last comment back, I was thinking Spector… Hatch is a good guy… I still won’t ever visit CTF though…

5. Michael Florio says: Jul 7, 2009 5:33 PM

Fantastic to see our Senators & Justice Department getting invloved!
    Given that the economic crisis has been solved, health care reform is complete, Iraq/Afghanistan under control, I was wondering what they would do with their time…….

6. DeuceDropper says: Jul 7, 2009 5:57 PM

I visit PFT exclusively. Well, I mean it’s the only site I am reading at this exact moment.

7. lololnpnp says: Jul 7, 2009 6:00 PM

One more reason CFT is destined for failure. Your only hope were those of us who are hardcore fans of both the NFL and college. But it’s obvious I’m not the only one who sees it as a worthless site with worthless stories. Exactly what audience were you catering to with ‘exclusive’ and ‘Orrin Hatch’ in the title? LOL to you my friend.

8. Samuel L. Bronkowitz says: Jul 7, 2009 6:04 PM

“Exclusive” – a couple of the paragraphs were verbatim from the Sports Illustrated article that landed in my mailbox recently.
    And why shouldn’t the senators get involved? Any time spent on this is less time spent of running up the deficit and effing up the economy!

9. CheersAdam says: Jul 7, 2009 7:40 PM

I always get this dude and Arlen Specter confused.

10. TheDPR says: Jul 7, 2009 8:26 PM

Digging out The Golden Child, Florio, may be the greatest thing you’ve done since the switch to NBC. Awesome.

11. Kevin from Philly says: Jul 8, 2009 8:57 AM

And by “antitrust issues”, he means that Utah can’t get into a decent bowl game.

12. topcide says: Jul 8, 2009 10:58 AM

the bcs continues to be the single biggest reason i do not watch college football, followed in a close second by the asanine notion that a bunch of illiterate scholarship recipiants with sub 2.0 gpa’s in high school actually attend classes and hack the curriculum at prestigious universities.

13. topcide says: Jul 8, 2009 10:59 AM