Bengals' third-round pick wants to be in camp on time

Most of the concern regarding a potential holdout for the Bengals in 2009 comes from the man who has gotten plenty of people humming the old Jello jingle.

Another draft pick — third-round tight end Chase Coffman — says that no one should worry about a holdout from him.

“There is no way I am not going to be signed before we go into training camp,”
Coffman recently told Carlos Holmes of the Dayton Daily News.  “I’m making it there the very
first day if not a couple of days early.  I’m getting in there and getting as
much work as I can.  That’s one thing that can really set a rookie back is
not making it into training camp on time.  I’m letting my agents handle that
part of the business and I will continue to focus on what I need to focus
on.”

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Contracts, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
6 Responses to “Bengals' third-round pick wants to be in camp on time”
  1. HoosierTansplantIsSirius says: Jul 9, 2009 7:50 AM

“Frankly, we don’t think anyone was concerned about Coffman or any other third-round pick holding out”
    Me neither….I think that the Journalist asked him a question about a hold out. I don’t think he just started talking about it, Frankly.
    Coffman is a beast and I certainly see him in on two TE sets and maybe some “jump over the opponent plays” LOL

2. Mandingo52 says: Jul 9, 2009 8:25 AM

swwweeeeeeeeettttt!!!

3. killwithme says: Jul 9, 2009 8:49 AM

I’d sign a 2 year deal max and get the hell out of there in free agency as quick as possible.

4. ouzoholic says: Jul 9, 2009 10:08 AM

There is no way I am not going to be signed before we go into training camp,” Coffman recently told Carlos Holmes of the Dayton Daily News. “I’m making it there the very first day if not a couple of days early. I’m getting in there and getting as much work as I can. That’s one thing that can really set a rookie back is not making it into training camp on time.
    If he had stopped there it would be great but this seems contradictory…….
    I’m letting my agents handle that part of the business and I will continue to focus on what I need to focus on.”

5. LL Live says: Jul 9, 2009 10:45 AM

Hold out Florio!!! Hold out!!!

6. xskippzx says: Jul 9, 2009 12:39 PM

“Frankly, we don’t think anyone was concerned about Coffman or any other third-round pick holding out.”
    You mean like Travis Wilson did a few years back? A lot of good it did him.