We're still searching for a Palm Pre

The Palm Pre debuted last month on Sprint.  And I still haven’t been able to get my hands on one.

The local Sprint store has been sold out of them, and the local Radio Shack (which has a wide collection of Sprint phones) hasn’t been able to keep the Pre on the shelves.

And it’s not because they aren’t being made.  It recently was estimated that 40,000 units are being shipped each week.

One guy who has managed to find a Palm Pre from Sprint is Vikings tight end Visanthe Shiancoe.  (We know this because he’s looking for a good mobile Twitter download for the device.  We also wonder whether he has been able to find larger towels.)

Meanwhile, we’ll keep trying to pocket a Pre.  You should, too.  It has gotten good reviews, and unlike that other much-hyped device the Pre actually has a slide-out keyboard.

Besides, Sprint is the official telecommunications partner of PFT, so you can support us by supporting Sprint.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “We're still searching for a Palm Pre”
  1. AlanSaysYo says: Jul 20, 2009 8:19 AM

2. Funkbizcit says: Jul 20, 2009 8:21 AM

I bought a pre for my wife and I on opening day…this device is a blast! It has a few minor setbacks and headscratchers but I’m certain most will be fixed with ota updates…the device has had 4 updates since I bought it! The app side is quiet right now but about to explode as they just released the programmers kit to the public..applicatioms will start rollin in!
    As far as a twitter app..the pre has two of them to choose from..I have both as I’m a geek for this stuff..but I use “tweed” primarily.
    Buy this phone! I stream nfl network..youtube etc..its where the iphone and the ackberry meet!

3. jj730 says: Jul 20, 2009 8:46 AM

I’ll trade you my Pre if you promise not to write anymore about Brett Favre?

4. Coughlins Happy Pills says: Jul 20, 2009 8:59 AM

Sprint also has the only 4G wireless card.
    Can I have some money now?

5. taswann3 says: Jul 20, 2009 9:32 AM

Florio- I can get you a Pre!
    email me.

6. Filbertkiwi71 says: Jul 20, 2009 10:22 AM

AlanSaysYo says: July 20, 2009 8:19 AM
    “So you hawk the crap out of Sprint products and they won’t even send you one measley little freebie? Sounds like you’re on their second tier list. Peter King probably has a bathtub full of Pre’s that he rolls around in daily.”
    ==========
    Please don’t put Peter King and bath tub in the same sentence. It conjures up an image in my head that I can’t get rid of. *shudders*

7. blackglass says: Jul 20, 2009 10:35 AM

Jeez Florio, just go to a Best Buy. If you go to BestBuy.com, you can punch in your zipcode and it will tell you which Best Buys in the area have a supply to choose from. And at Best Buy you get the $100 mail in rebate taken off at the register.