Bengals sign Luigs

The Cincinnati Bengals are getting closer and closer to taking their full complement of 2009 draft picks to training camp, for the team’s first-ever run on Hard Knocks from HBO and NFL Films.  (I had to mention NFL Films — I’m wearing the T-shirt they gave me.)

The Bengals announced today that center Jonathan Luigs, a fourth-round pick, has agreed to terms.

Terms were not disclosed; all other Bengals picks have signed four-year contracts.

The team now has only four remaining rookies to sign.  The full list of signed and unsigned AFC North draft picks is right here.

To make room for Luigs on the roster, the Bengals released cornerback Simeon Castille.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Contracts, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
12 Responses to “Bengals sign Luigs”
  1. msullivan1984 says: Jul 21, 2009 12:16 PM

How many priors does this guy have?

2. scu31698 says: Jul 21, 2009 12:24 PM

None…but very funny jackass! Atleast he didn’t rape a chick like Roethlisberger did, or smoke some pot and get caught with it like Santanio Holmes.

3. CurseofBoJackson says: Jul 21, 2009 12:36 PM

You’re a douche. Are you from Pittsburgh?

4. CurseofBoJackson says: Jul 21, 2009 12:38 PM

Comment for msullivan, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves, no reason to get all over Ben’s dumb ass, he’s white.

5. ZombieRevolution says: Jul 21, 2009 12:41 PM

Florio- its hard to take you seriously when you do not take the time to edit your own posts:
    “I’m wearing the T-shirt they game me.)”
    NFL Films- they got Florio’s game..

6. jwill007 says: Jul 21, 2009 12:48 PM

Same priors your girlfriend has…….

7. Trox says: Jul 21, 2009 1:08 PM

That doesn’t even make sense.

8. Abe Froeman says: Jul 21, 2009 1:10 PM

ZombieRevolution QFT

9. TheVillain112 says: Jul 21, 2009 1:25 PM

With Simeon Castille being released, the Bengals need to pick up another CB. The #3 corner will be the Achilles heel for their defense (Well after pass rushing).

10. Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says: Jul 21, 2009 2:02 PM

The Bungles suck

11. Trox says: Jul 21, 2009 5:20 PM

Castille never really did much for me. I mean he only had 7 tackles last year…He wasn’t anything to write home about. Their number 3 guy at CB is David Jones who had 43 as a backup to an injured Joseph. David Jones is 23 years old with a ton of potential and in all likelihood he’ll only get better as a back up. The pass rush should be at least a little better too since Rivers is back and they picked up Tank, Roy Williams, Maualuga, and that FREAKY Michael Johnson at DE (I think he is gonna be a huge surprise on the defense for everyone.) There’s no way to know for sure, and with my luck they’ll probably go 4-11, but I think they could be a sleeper this year if everyone stays healthy.
    P.S. And another thing… No one really has high hopes for a guy named ‘ClevelandSucks aka Philly Sewer Rat’ to say anything of merit, but if you insist on putting a team you don’t like on blast, you have to come something better than “Soandso SUCKS!” or “BlahBlah is a poopyhead”. Unless you’re a 7th grader, then I guess it’s OK.

12. Trox says: Jul 21, 2009 5:22 PM