Skip to content

Dolphins strike deal with second-rounder Sean Smith

Miami Dolphins second-round cornerback Sean Smith has reached an agreement on a four-year contract, according to his agent.

According to Smith’s agent, David Canter, the signing bonus represents a 12.5 percent increase over last year’s deal at Smith’s slot. The total guaranteed money is a 6.5 percent increase over last year’s slot.

It includes a $945,000 signing bonus.

Canter announced the deal on his Twitter account.

The 6’3,” 214-pound former University of Utah standout intercepted nine career passes and recorded 79 tackles with 16 pass deflections.

Prior to the NFL Draft, Smith ran the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds.

He intercepted five passes as a senior and was named first-team All-Mountain West Conference.

Canter also completed UFL deals for quarterback Brian Johnson and fullback Cecil Sapp over the past day.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Contracts, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
6 Responses to “Dolphins strike deal with second-rounder Sean Smith”
  1. KILLER FIN says: Jul 23, 2009 3:37 PM

    IT IS ABOUT TIME!!! GO FINS 2009!!!

  2. manginiwithcheese says: Jul 23, 2009 3:53 PM

    I really believe he’ll be one of the second round gems from this draft when we look back 3 years from now.

  3. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Jul 23, 2009 3:56 PM

    I knew without even reading the author it wasn’t Florio. There’s no mention of Pat White anywhere in there.
    The headline would have read “Dolphine strike deal with the other 2nd rounder (not Pat White).”

  4. Smarter Than Florio says: Jul 23, 2009 4:14 PM

    I knew it wasn’t Florio, because it was actually informative.

  5. finsbooyah says: Jul 23, 2009 5:30 PM

    BOOYAH

  6. LewD says: Jul 23, 2009 6:11 PM

    now maybe he can afford to shed the dreads ….

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!