Skip to content

Chargers place Brinkley on non-football injury list

Rookie running back Curtis Brinkley, an undrafted free agent who signed with the Chargers earlier this year, was shot multiple times in Philadelphia earlier this month.

Though his injuries were not life-threatening, he won’t be playing football this year. 

The Chargers have placed him on the non-football injury/illness list, ending his 2009 season before it could begin.

Under league rules, the Chargers are not required to pay Brinkley’s salary of $310,000.  That’s precisely what happened in 2006, when linebacker Steve Foley was shot by an off-duty police officer.

To replace Brinkley on the roster, the Chargers signed running back Kestahn Moore, another undrafted rookie.  He spent some time with the Broncos in the offseason, before being released.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Injuries, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Top Stories
2 Responses to “Chargers place Brinkley on non-football injury list”
  1. screaming sheep says: Jul 25, 2009 6:28 AM

    Anyone know where Marvin Harrison was during said shooting? Just saying. Better check that carwash. Thugs.

  2. tom coughlin's coat holder says: Jul 25, 2009 9:01 AM

    philly…the city of brotherly love…

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!