Shaun Phillips creates some Twitter trouble for himself?

Is Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips ever has any designs on parlaying his football career into a stint in broadcasting, he probably should delete an entry he posted roughly five hours ago onto his Twitter page.

If he doesn’t, he likely can forget about ever getting a job with ESPN.

Writes Phillips:  “someone send me the link to the erin andrews video.”  (Hat tip to The Rookies Blog.)

We hadn’t previously mentioned the Andrews situation, primarily because it made us think of an open-robed Kramer using a back-scratcher on his chest.  It also had no relevance to pro football (which, of course, hasn’t stopped us in the past).

And since we were trying by the middle of the week to avoid the perception that we have a bias against ESPN, we refrained from talking about the bizarrely heavy-handed decision to retaliate generally against all employees of the New York Post because the tabloid did what tabloids do, publishing a still frame of the video.

Bottom line?  The smart move has been to steer clear of the mess, and Phillips would have been smart to do so, too.

Then again, that’s why we like Twitter.  As more players use it, more of them will say things that will provide fodder for discussion and analysis.

It’s sort of like Kids Say The Darnedest Things, for grownups.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Shaun Phillips creates some Twitter trouble for himself?”
  1. Football Fan says: Jul 26, 2009 8:48 AM

Let me be the first to say I don’t condone what that person did to EA and I think it is very wrong. That is invasion of privacy and they should face serious jail time for it. I would be pissed even more if it was me or one of my family.
    However, this has made her twice as popular as before and the rumors are that she is conceded, all about herself, and has a major crush on Tim Tebow. She is probably loving the attention and sympathy it has put on her and I am sure Tebow, if he didn’t already, now knows about the crush. :) LOL

2. GPLmark says: Jul 26, 2009 9:14 AM

Thanks Florio, I hadn’t heard about this vid until now. Took me all of 5 minutes to find it. Shaun Phillips shouldn’t be so lazy. Good vid.

3. Popeye says: Jul 26, 2009 9:26 AM

why do you “cherry pick” this stuff though. You were sent “Scoops” about Ocho Cinco using derragatory remarks for gay people and Adam Schefter praising the President for looking at a 16 years olds back side. This site is a joke but this will not get printed AGAIN!!

4. mad555 says: Jul 26, 2009 10:19 AM

“It’s sort of like Kids Say The Darnedest Things, for grownups.”
    I know you’re trying to be funny here, florio, but it’s more like giving a mic which is constantly turned on, to a drunk uncle that thinks he’s funny. They also say the darnedest things….

5. Mr Twin City says: Jul 26, 2009 10:28 AM

Let me get this straight. A video of a completely naked (full frontal nudity, I may add) Erin Andrews reminds you of — an open-robed Kramer using a back-scratcher on his chest –
    You are a mixed up, confused, dude Florio.

6. NagaSwan says: Jul 26, 2009 10:59 AM

I think you really wanted to mention that video. Nice fake controversy. You do realize that 95% of your readers would also love to see that video. Whatsamatta old man Florio? When did you ascend to the moral high ground? Usually people up there are hiding some pretty sick thoughts.

7. screaming sheep says: Jul 26, 2009 11:19 AM

# GPLmark says: July 26, 2009 9:14 AM
    Dude, where have you been.
    Found the video Monday night, took a few hours because of all the virus attached versions that were out there early. My internet(cable) went out in the middle of the hunt, scared the poop out of me that my firewall/antivirus didn’t catch one.
    I must say, they are real, and their spectacular.

8. phillyburdzfan says: Jul 26, 2009 11:20 AM

Erin Andrews reminds you of Kramer?
    I knew there was something wrong with you, Florio. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that…)

9. dldavidlong says: Jul 26, 2009 3:55 PM

i couldn’t imagine spending that much time doing my hair.

10. GPLmark says: Jul 26, 2009 5:13 PM

dldavidlong says:
    July 26, 2009 3:55 PM
    i couldn’t imagine spending that much time doing my hair.
    And the sad thing is, someone probably does her hair once she gets to work.