Steelers bold in support of Roethlisberger

You’d think there would be some apprehension in the Steelers organization about the civil suit filed last week in Nevada against Ben Roethlisberger.

You’d think that, but you’d be wrong.

Today at St. Vincent’s College in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, Big Ben’s teammates and coaches didn’t merely close ranks and pledge support as one would expect, they actually expressed dismissiveness bordering on hostility about the suit on this first day of the Steelers 2009 training camp.

Asked after the team’s afternoon practice if he’s impressed with the way Roethlisberger has handled the situation, Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said, “He’s handled it how I expected him to handle it to be quite honest with you.”

Pausing, Tomlin shook his head and said,”This is . . . .”  He caught himself and said, “You know, I understand it’s that time of year and it’s something to talk about but this is . . . you know, it’s not gonna be an issue for us, it’s really not.  If this derails our football team we got a lot more problems than this story.”

Roethlisberger addressed his teammates about the situation Friday night, explaining “his side of the story” according to teammate Hines Ward, a little speech which may not have been the best idea, writes Emperor Florio.

And, while his teammates may not have studied the 36-page complaint filed to get a more balanced picture, it doesn’t seem they intend to either.

“He explained his side and we believe in our quarterback and it’s just a frivolous situation where someone is trying to make some money,” said Steelers linebacker James Harrison.  “And that’s all that is.  You can’t even print what I’d like to say.”

Said safety Ryan Clark, “He’s been a man about it.  He addressed us all.  He told us the situation and told us it wouldn’t affect how he plays football.  Guys accept him.  We love him.  We weren’t there.  We believe what he says.  What happens there is not going to affect what happens on this grass.”

“This is what I do, it’s football.  I don’t know what you’re talking about, I play football, I come out here and play football.”

Asked about support from his teammates, Roethlisberger answered, “It’s good because they have my back and I have theirs.”

When other entreaties were made about the issue, Roethlisberger cautioned that he would stop talking if they persisted.  “Any other football questions?  I can walk away if we want.”

The upshot of the day?  While this entire situation is going to boil down to “he said, she said,” it’s clear that whatever Roethlisberger’s told his employers and co-workers about what happened convinced them to boldly defend him.

Permalink 59 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
59 Responses to “Steelers bold in support of Roethlisberger”
  1. tj.52 says: Aug 1, 2009 8:13 PM

“He explained his side and we believe in our quarterback and it’s just a frivolous situation where someone is trying to make some money,” said Steelers linebacker James Harrison. “And that’s all that is. You can’t even print what I’d like to say.”
    —————————————————
    Well that is just f***ing disgusting. You have what at worse could be the RAPE of young woman and all that these punks and thugs can do is attempt to marginalize and demonize the poor girl.
    Why? Because their QB has obviously painted a picture of this girl attempting some sort of extortion. What a load of bull.
    I hope that Rapistberger fries for this one. What a freakin dirtbag.

2. jarhead_jed says: Aug 1, 2009 8:18 PM

“Earlier in the day, Roethlisberger addressed a gaggle of reporters and played dumb when asked about how he’s been able to remain focused.” I’ll bet he didn’t have to get too far out of character to “play dumb.”
    I don’t actually believe Pig Ben sexually assaulted this girl, probably a late night hook up with the wrong psycho wanting money……….
    but, I think it is absolutely hilarious….ironic even, that this story surfaces merely months after Ben was slamming Tony Romo to the media about his love life. Haha, he was saying Romo’s high-profile dating was a distraction…I believe the quote went something like so, “That is the life he chooses to live off the football field and that’s his choice. It’s what he chooses to do.” “He is doing what he wants to do, and I don’t mean to sound rude, but he’s asking for it.” Haha, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Yep, this is not a distraction at all for the Steelers….practically hasn’t even come up. Classic.
    Stupid moron is a stupid moron.

3. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Aug 1, 2009 8:31 PM

Some have commented that the alleged rape victim Andrea McNulty be ugly, but she looks pretty good, IMO. Long blond hair, big TA-TA-TOOTHY smile, horsey-dorsey-like, but that one photo of her with dark hair doesn’t do her justice. Keep it blond.

4. mikeballs says: Aug 1, 2009 8:32 PM

@ tj.52
    I challenge anyone to find a more idiotic response to this situation.

5. Kidekk says: Aug 1, 2009 8:39 PM

@tj.52, they take his side because they know him and he is their teammate. If you had a friend in the same situation and he told you his side, would you ignore everything he said and call him a rapist or would you take his side and support him until the thing was resolved? If you would do the former, you’re not that great of a friend.

6. Stone Ln says: Aug 1, 2009 8:46 PM

I think Mike Tomlin needs to pay a visit to PFT and put an end to all this gossip so we can all focus on football!

7. i'm president charlie! says: Aug 1, 2009 8:47 PM

A Super Bowl winning team rallying around their clutch quarterback!?!?!? Unbelievable.
    Uh Oh! Sounds like the Steelers defense is angry about this situation.
    In President Mike Tomlin we trust!

8. dr.3000 says: Aug 1, 2009 8:52 PM

FLORIO IS BUSH LEAGUE.

9. 2brauneyz says: Aug 1, 2009 8:55 PM

Emperor Florio? Is that with or without clothes?

10. dr.3000 says: Aug 1, 2009 8:55 PM

tj.52 must have been partially aborted. his old man probably shoved a rusted coathanger in his brain and destroyed the part that doesn’t make him sound like a total dipsh*t.

11. Jamson64 says: Aug 1, 2009 9:03 PM

What it is with people on any side of this story talking about Ben R. as if they know him or what happened.?

12. You don't know Chuck Finley says: Aug 1, 2009 9:10 PM

Ben, like most starting NFL QB’s is the leader of this team.
    Ben had to address the issue with the men he leads.
    Ben can afford and has hired the best legal advice available.
    Ben didn’t say anything that will hurt his legal defense later.
    So why is this a story again?
    See you for #7 in Miami in February.

13. thehoodedone says: Aug 1, 2009 9:16 PM

Awwwww, isn’t that cute. A wife beater sticking up for a rapist.

14. SteelFanMo says: Aug 1, 2009 9:48 PM

PFT is getting really good pullings non-stories out of their ass. Of course he is going to talk to his teammates and of course they are going to support him. That is what champions do.

15. blackglass says: Aug 1, 2009 9:57 PM

Amazing. You Steeler fans crucified the Patriots orginazation, players, and fanbase for sticking up for Bill Belichick after Blown Out Of Proportion Gate. But when Saint Tomlin and the rest say Big Ben didn’t do anything wrong, it’s law. Um guys, there is a LAWSUIT still floating around out there. Your boy will be either A) Playing Ms McNulty millions in hush money, which equals guilt or B) Testifying before the entire world live on every news station about how he didn’t lure her into his hotel room. You can rationalize it however you want, but the top faces of your team are an accused rapist, an admitted drug dealer, a man who threw his pregnant wife into a wall, and the leading cheap shot artist in the league. Quite a class group there in Shitholeburg.

16. Steelers4Life says: Aug 1, 2009 10:23 PM

@ blackglass
    You forgot the option where Harrah’s settles out of court for their employees and Ben will never have to see a day in court or pay a settlement. This is a very real possibility. The whole case itself hinges on the case against the 8 Harrah’s employees, without that “supposed” evidence, there is no case.

17. Igottz5onit says: Aug 1, 2009 10:30 PM

@ blackglass
    Hey nice to know your opinion, no matter how idiotic it is. I would care more if the last time your team won anything was less than 5 years ago (and never without a little *extra* help). You call him Ben Rapistberger until he is acquitted and all of your fellow little jealous pats fans get sick of hearing you think you sound clever and we will just keep winning championships the right way.

18. SteelFanMo says: Aug 1, 2009 10:38 PM

@ Steelers4Life
    Exactly. That is the most likely scenario.

19. DanRooney says: Aug 1, 2009 10:43 PM

blackglass
    Difference is, Patriots got caught red-handed cheating and were penalized by Goodell. The Cheatriots even admitted to cheating (or ‘misinterpreting the rules’) and there was evidence (tapes) supporting it. Case closed.
    There is no evidence anywhere in Roethlisberger’s case and is a he-said-she-said deal. Call him Rapistberger, Roflsberger, or Hamburglar, it still doesn’t change the fact that Belicheat will still have an asterisk next to their SB victories and got embarrassed by the Giants in the Superbowl. Most humiliating loss of all time.
    “17 points? hehehe.”

20. blackglass says: Aug 1, 2009 10:46 PM

I plan on making some t-shirts. It will be yellow, with a big black 7 on it and the words HE RAPE ME. All proceeds will go to RAINN to support the victims of people like Big Ben.

21. mania says: Aug 1, 2009 10:48 PM

blackglass says:
    August 1, 2009 9:57 PM
    Hey blackglass–you forgot (C) or they go to court and find out that McNulty lied and is trying to extort money from Ben and Harrah’s, and it comes out in court that Ben told the truth when he said they had consenual sex. And I guess Tomlin is a saint considering he won the Super Bowl in just his second season, while Belicheat was getting his lunch handed to him while he was still in Cleveland. And one other thing regarding spygate: if Belicheck was innocent, why the huge fine and loss of draft picks? The only thing wrong with spygate was the fact that the commissioner did not have the balls to suspend Belicheck for the whole season, so justice was meated out in the Super Bowl: Giants 17 Patriots 14. End of Perfect Season.Nuff said.

22. Twotoneblue says: Aug 1, 2009 11:14 PM

You know he did it, he knows he did it. Hell, Kobe Bryant knows Ben did it too!! Maybe he used a stupid yellow towel to wipe up the spooge with afterwards. No sympathy for him, or any of you black and yellow pukes. Months after the beatdown at LP field in Nashville last year, you were still on our website boasting, and acting like jerks, which I think you all are, due to the ammount of you I saw at our stadium with no regard for our team. Take those yellow towels and wipe your feet with them, that’s all they mean to us, and everybody else except you low class Steeler Fans.

23. BP says: Aug 1, 2009 11:15 PM

No surprise the stealers go arrogant mode on this. They think cheap-shots are good football. So, of course they think their dumbass QB can force himself on some poor nobody at a hotel.
    The whole organization is despicable.

24. ContinentalOp says: Aug 1, 2009 11:29 PM

Another case of a professional athlete being protected. Ben’s an important quarterback, protect him at all costs. What has surprised me more in this age of “protecting the pro” is that Michael Vick got convicted. No protection there, but that case was not the norm. Norm is – no consequences for your action. Good role models for our youth.

25. Reba says: Aug 1, 2009 11:58 PM

Ok people! We all have our favorite teams and are quite loyal. But do NOT condemn any team as a whole based on one’s sins. Steelers have Troy Polumolu, Hinds Ward, and had The Bus. Come on we can’t condemn an entire team.
    I’m a huge Steeler fan and I believe Ben did it. She said no and he was infuriated thinking don’t you know who I am?
    Now he’s gonna pay even more money or even have a criminal investigation now he’s told his teammates about the situation. Her atty will have a field day because in that settlement he’s getting paid too. Goodell, I think we have a problem you need to review. Rooney, you put your eggs in one basket and I believe the player just dropped the basket.

26. Steelers4Life says: Aug 2, 2009 12:14 AM

Reba:
    You’re a Browns fan, just admit it.
    If you know any facts to the case that the rest of us haven’t been told yet, please share them with us.
    Until then, you don’t know whether he did or whether she is just after some quick cash.
    Oh, and about the criminal investigation thingy…she needs to file a criminal complaint for that to happen. If she files a criminal complaint, then she needs to drop her civil case, and she won’t be able to sue for money after that. I think we all know what’s going to happen here.

27. FumbleNuts says: Aug 2, 2009 12:15 AM

He was mostly likely waving a yellow terrible towl in the air when he was in the act of porking that bimbo.

28. Reba says: Aug 2, 2009 12:28 AM

Steelers4life,
    Guess what? You can have both cases in process at the same time. It is up to the DA’s office as to whether to move forward with criminal charges. Both cases may move forward in parallel in Nevada.
    You have NO idea what a Steeler fan I am. I pay upwards of $400 a ticket to see them when they come to San Diego. I love them with all my heart. I just stated my belief. It’s that simple.

29. Reba says: Aug 2, 2009 12:34 AM

Steelers4life,

30. Reba says: Aug 2, 2009 12:45 AM

There’s also one other post to note here. Just because a man has sex with a woman does not make her a bimbo. I guess even today the man is a stud and the woman is still the whore. Amazing. Ben is as much of a whore as she is if they both agreed to have sex.
    I’m a woman and there has always been something all the women I know laugh about and it is this… It doesnt’ matter if you are married or get a call girl, the man is and will always be paying for it. “Love” is a state of mind. The act of sex itself is the same regardless of what you call it.

31. Steelers4Life says: Aug 2, 2009 12:54 AM

Reba:
    I’m sorry, maybe you don’t know how the law works. See, someone has to file a criminal complaint for the DA to pursue a criminal case. It’s already been discussed in many articles about the topic.
    I’m glad your one of the many that think “guilty until proven innocent”, but I am not. If he did it, then screw him, but if she’s lying then she’ll get hers. Guess what though, only two people in the world will ever really know. Andrea McNulty made sure of that when she decided that she didn’t want to press criminal charges. She decided that she was fine with what she claims to be a rapist walking the streets as long as she gets her settlement money. How very noble of her.

32. mborz says: Aug 2, 2009 1:45 AM

backglass said: “Quite a class group there in Shitholeburg. Feel free to make your Spygate jokes. I will refer to him as Ben Rapistberger until the day I die.”
    Do you see the irony here?
    Why is it all of the people who rant about Steelers fans being classless always show themselves to be just as classless?

33. SixBurghDude says: Aug 2, 2009 1:48 AM

thehoodedone says:
    “Awwwww, isn’t that cute. A wife beater sticking up for a rapist.”
    NOT SO MUCH SO AS AN ENTIRE ORGANIZATION & GROUP OF MASSHOLES DEFENDING CONVICTED CHEATS!
    @ BlackAss-
    & your band of ingrates will always be referred to as the CHEATRIOTS on my watch!
    @ TwoToneBlue-
    Obviously you’re too much of a TOOL to realize that your bunch of “NEVER WON ANYTHINGS” were so sure that the path to SBXLIII was goin’ thru “Hicksville” that they decided to desecrate the mighty TERRIBLE TOWEL & how’d that work out for y’all? Allow me to refresh your memory FOOL, the PurpleBrownies & their MURDERING leader put you away…the same RatBirds that the Men of Steel OWNED 3 times last season!
    @ BP (NoDoubt stands for Buy-a-Pair)-
    It’s apparent that you’re green to the gills with envy…Don’t hate what you ain’t got, Punk!

34. Vikingsfaninpa says: Aug 2, 2009 2:52 AM

There were no cheap shots from the Steelers. They expressed support for there friend and co worker. I did not hear one cheap shot.
    Unreal so many here that know no facts, 0, zip, natta and yet can call Ben a rapist. The only known facts are she did not file a criminal complaint only a complaint that will pay her millions. Look around many, many many people lie to gain one way or another. I am not saying he is innocent I am saying no one knows. You can have whatever opinion you want but assuming he is guilty of a wretched crime does not get it.
    It would be easy to decide if we lived in a world where people did not lie at the drop of a hat but unfortunately we do not. PEOPLE LIE ALL THE TIME without any shame or remorse so in these times before we reach any judgement I would need to see some evidence. Other wise in my eyes Ben’s innocent. I think we would all want the same.

35. Bmore Styles says: Aug 2, 2009 4:09 AM

Igottz5onit said:
    “….we will just keep winning championships the right way.”
    In order to “keep” winning them the “right way,” you would’ve had to of won one the “right way” already. No matter how many tainted Superbowls you have, you’ll still always be Pittsburgh.

36. mania says: Aug 2, 2009 4:56 AM

Reba says:
    August 1, 2009 11:58 PM
    Reba- as a Steeler fan, I cannot believe that you are saying that Ben did what he is accused of. I have been around professional athletes all of my life and have been there when “women” throw themselves at these men looking to have that one shot at living the “good life” for the rest of their lives. I was around the Lakers of the 80’s when women were what we called the “basketball whores” back then, even to the point of asking men to go home with them in front of their wives and girlfriends. Ask Shawn Kemp how he ended up with 7 kids from 5 different women who said they would throw the condom away, then end up pregnant. The one thing that I looked at was Ben’s demeanor in the press conference and from what I saw, he was a man that did not do what he is accused of. I have another question for you: (1)If Ben had raped this woman in 2008 at Harra’s in Lake Tahoe, why would he go back their in 2009 knowing that this woman could have him arrested, or serve him with a civil suit and (2) why did she wait so late. IF you remember that in Colorado, Kobe Bryant’s accuser went to the police and had him sent back to Colorado and he was accused of raping this girl. You mean to tell me that this girl could not have done that? so while you may be a Steeler fan living in San Diego and I am a Steeler fan in Los Angeles, let the facts come out before you start to convict Ben. Oh one last question—what if it comes out that that woman lied about the rape and they had consensual sex like Ben said they had?

37. mrmagoo says: Aug 2, 2009 5:47 AM

Patriots fans are the best. Who else would use accusations against someone else to wash themselves innocent of what their team was proven to do.
    That insecurity has been earned, and is apparently deep-rooted.

38. blackglass says: Aug 2, 2009 7:18 AM

Pregnant wife beater, admitted drug dealer, accused rapist, league’s leading cheap shot artist. Ladies and gentlemen, YOUR PITTSBURGH STEELERS!

39. Ravenmaniac says: Aug 2, 2009 9:30 AM

Mike Tomlin: I just want to say we support Ben and will be…..holy crap…Ben is fat and out of shape….didnt anyone notice that???

40. CKL says: Aug 2, 2009 9:51 AM

Best part of his being fat is that he was quoted the other day as saying he felt like he was in great shape. Ben, you have eight chins. Good lord.

41. blackglass says: Aug 2, 2009 10:08 AM

It’s not insecurity, dummy. It’s karma. Bernard Pollard Fan Club ring a bell? Don’t throw stones when you live in a glass house.

42. thehoodedone says: Aug 2, 2009 11:02 AM

Doesn’t it suck when fans of other teams clutch onto any little thing to try and diminish your favorite team’s accomplishments???? Imagine if Rapistberger had of broken the rules of the a game and not just the LAW.

43. mborz says: Aug 2, 2009 11:43 AM

This topic is a magnet for stupid comments. I don’t understand why so many of spend so much time typing comments trying to irritate people you don’t even know.
    It’s always made me wonder as I scroll through the nonsense: Is this how people would behave in real life if there was no chance of getting their ass kicked?

44. SixBurghDude says: Aug 2, 2009 12:00 PM

thehoodedone,
    You Massholes just don’t get it! Your team, AND NO OTHER, were found GUILTY of breaking league rules, for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage on the field, hence the TAINT of anything accomplished by them!
    Now IMAGINE if Ben had broken the law, afterall to this point it’s a CIVIL CLAIM, not a conviction, which was the case for your Cheatriots!!!
    blackglass says:
    “Call them the Cheatriots all you want. An accused rapist is your QB and you act like everything is rosy in Shitsburgh.”
    THX. FOR YOUR PERMISSION, I ACCEPT!!!
    Pregnant wife of his BASTARD dumper-your very own TommyBoy ShadyBrady, admitted woman abuser-Moss @ Marshall & in H.S @ W.V., CONVICTED CHEATERS, NFL’s leading cheap shot artist-Wolfork, of course only because R. Harrison retired (and I didn’t even have to mention many of your other thugs from the past & present, like Dillon & Merriweather)……That’s right Massholes, one & all, your 2009 Patysville Cheatriots!!!

45. thehoodedone says: Aug 2, 2009 12:28 PM

I missed the part where you get “convicted” of breaking the rules of a game. You get “convicted” of rape. Which is breaking society’s rules.

46. Ravenmaniac says: Aug 2, 2009 12:33 PM

If there is one Steeler fan I honestly respect it is Mborz!
    The problem is that this goes on for any rivalry. If it is not Ben getting called a rapist by Ravens fans/others than it is Ray being called a murderer by steeler fans/others.
    The fact is that if Ben really raped this girl there would have been criminal charges filed. If Ray would have stabbed anyone he would not have pleaded to obstruction of justice. Prosecutors use tactics like that to get people to talk. Look at Antonio Pierce, prosecutors got him to talk by threatening him with jail time in the Plaxico case.
    The weird thing is that all of this is in fun. Hopefully most people realize that. Just because I hate the steelers and Ben on Sunday, does not mean I want him falsely accused of something like this nor do I want any steelers player to get seriously hurt (well maybe Hines Ward….no..no). It is all about the smak talk……..
    I know I read this stuff everyday because there are some great/funny responses..sometimes for the Ravens and sometimes against the Ravens.
    Bottom line is that if Joe Flacco ever was accused in a situation like this, I would back him the way steeler fans are backing Ben and YBYSA there would be steeler fans calling Joe a rapist. We as avid fans just cant lose sight of the fact that there are people on the other side of these allegations (accusers/victims) that maybe affected as well.
    It is stuff like this that makes Ravens/Steelers the absolutely BEST rivalry in all of sports!!!!!

47. tj.52 says: Aug 2, 2009 12:52 PM

I cannot believe the amount of despicable commiserating and attempted rationalizing going on here by Steelers fans.
    Is rape the norm in your town? Is Pittsburgh some kind of sex offender haven? Unbelievable.
    @SixBurghDude:
    Your stupidity masks your idiocy.
    The Patriots were never accused of attempting
    And as everyone like you fails to mention, they only went on to go 16-0 following that day.
    As for your incoherent ranting in the 2nd half of your post, if you are trying to compare the quality of character of the Patriots players to the Steelers players, you are out of your mind. The Steelers are and will always be a bunch of roided up punks and dirtbags.
    mrmagoo says:
    Patriots fans are the best.
    @mrmagoo: You know it, sister.

48. mania says: Aug 2, 2009 12:54 PM

Ravenmaniac says:
    August 2, 2009 12:33 PM
    If there is one Steeler fan I honestly respect it is Mborz!
    Ravenmaniac–Your right, this is all in fun, although some of it has some truth in it. I am a Steeler fan and do not call Ray Lewis any name ofther than what he is: one hell of a football player and a hall of famer. Do I hate him when he is in a Raven uniform? Hell yeah, but it is more respect than anything. He plays the game the way it should be played. Some of this other stuff though takes it a little too far. And you are right, if Joe Flacco did this, we, as Steeler fans would do that same thing. And you last comment is so true—THIS IS THE BEST RIVALRY IN ALL OF PRO FOOTBALL, BAR NONE. Best of luck this season Ravenmaniac–until you get to Pittsburgh.

49. Steelers4Life says: Aug 2, 2009 1:05 PM

thehoodedone says: August 2, 2009 12:28 PM
    ————————————————–
    And you only get convicted of rape when someone files criminal charges against you. In a civil case (for monetary damages) it’s called suing.

50. SixBurghDude says: Aug 2, 2009 1:43 PM

@ tj.52
    “The Patriots were never accused of attempting
    to gain an unfair advantage. In fact Goodell is on record stating that they in no way attempted to use that information for any purpose that was against league rules.”
    Is that what BeliCHEAT whispered in your ear while he was sack deep, or did it come outta ShadyBrady’s purrty mouth while you were gnashing his junk???

51. BennyBoy says: Aug 2, 2009 2:41 PM

@tj.52
    tj.52 says:
    August 2, 2009 12:52 PM
    @SixBurghDude:
    Your stupidity masks your idiocy.
    The Patriots were never accused of attempting
    *********************************************
    In point of fact, Goodell went on record to say this as he dealt out a $500K fine and stripped the Pats of draft picks:
    “‘This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field,’ Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.”
    As to Belichick’s contention that he didn’t understand the rule;
    there was a public memo sent from league senior vice president of football operations Ray Anderson to all general managers and coaches on Sept. 6, 2006. In the memo, Anderson wrote:
    “Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.”
    That memo was written 52 weeks before the Patriots illegally taped the Jets sidelines, and 53 weeks before Belichick said he didn’t think he was breaking a rule.
    I do not contend that the Patties were the only ones doing this, just that Goodell did say they were cheating and that Belichick’s explanation is laughable.

52. SixBurghDude says: Aug 2, 2009 3:15 PM

except for maybe, a blathering TOOL that doesn’t know he’s a TOOL…in this instance Johnny it looks as though it not only fits, but some might say, it fits like a glove!

53. tj.52 says: Aug 2, 2009 4:13 PM

BennyBoy says:
    “I do not contend that the Patties were the only ones doing this”
    —————————————-
    – That is a popular opinion.
    —————————————-
    “So please explain to me, if Goodell believed they didn’t use this information to gain a competitive advantage, why did he punish them?”
    —————————————-
    -Please explain to me, if you, me and every other football fan realizes that the Patriots were not the only team committing this or some other rule infraction, why didn’t the Commisioner know this? Guess what Einstein, he DID. So why did he single out the Patriots for something that every team in the league was involved in? I don’t know. There was no widespread investigation, only an unprecedented and highly publicized fine.
    That’s why he’s a scuzbag. Because in the wake of this incident with all of the other stories of rule violations by other teams making their way around, Goodell was content to let the Patriots take the fall. Content to let all of the haters out there spout their “tarnished legacy” crap and give every inarticulate loser the ability to verbally degrade something they could only wish for.
    —————————————————-
    “You’re an idiot. And the only thing worse than an idiot, is an idiot like you who doesn’t know he’s an idiot.”
    —————————————————–
    Only an idiot would write something accusing someone of being an idiot and then contradict their own statement while trying to enhance the definition of the word idiot. Idiot.
    —————————————————–

54. SixBurghDude says: Aug 2, 2009 10:45 PM

@ tj.52-
    Maybe, but only an undeniable IDIOT would post the following: “giving every inarticulate loser the ability to verbally degrade something they could only wish for” to the very fans whose team’s accomplishments have so completely surpassed those of yours, that you have no choice but to come off as the King of ignorance & idiocy in representing your fellow Massholes!
    If I were inclined to follow the crooked game that is the MLB, I’m sure I would find you posting there as well in defense of your other underhanded franchise that competes in that league. I’ve come to accept that it must be a traditionally handed down trait in your region to teach those that look to you & yours as role models, that it’s not only acceptable to cheat, but even more acceptable to defend that cheating for all you’re worth…deplorable bunch of ingrates, INDEED!

55. mborz says: Aug 3, 2009 12:03 AM

@Ravenmaniac: I’m kind of old, and probably old fashioned. I can tell the antagonizing is fun for some people, but there are others who I envision actually being upset about it. But it’s hard to tell when you’re just reading what someone else typed.
    It’s still shocking for me to read, sometimes. I can’t imagine people saying some of these things to each others faces, even in a bar at 2AM, when people’s judgment tends to be bad. I guess it’s one of the freedoms of the anonymity of the internet.
    I agree that the matchups between our two teams have been great. I look forward to more of the same.

56. SixBurghDude says: Aug 3, 2009 1:44 PM

mborz,
    It ain’t all b.s. bro, I posted an open invite to Ravenmaniac, to meet at Murder & Thieves stadium prior to the ’09 version of PIT @ BAL, because his mouth was writin’ checks his balls couldn’t cash & he respectfully declined. I can dig it, nothing more was said. Ask him.

57. steelerschick86 says: Aug 3, 2009 6:24 PM

Reba
    You are no Steelers fan. You have Ben guilty before he has even had his day in court. Obviously you take issue with the amount of $ he makes and you have let that cloud your judgement on this issue. I am ashamed of you, 40 year fan or not we don’t want you.

58. Karl says: Aug 3, 2009 8:29 PM

It’s quite obvious to all here that Reba is a troll disguised as a Steeler fan. Nice try, Reba, now go back to Cleveland and accept it ‘Greek style’ like you’re accustomed to.

59. Ravenmaniac says: Aug 3, 2009 9:00 PM

Sixburgh is right…..he called me out. He is a bad-ass…..
    You are the man Six!!!