NFL Network lands in millions more homes today

August 1 is a great day for the NFL, not just because camps in most cities are up and running.

It also marks the day that the league-owned cable channel, NFL Network, moves to Comcast’s Digital Classic level of service, putting NFLN into millions of new homes.

And it’s the right month to have NFL Network.  Every single preseason game will be televised in HD, with twelve of them live — including a live tripleheader on August 15.

Before that, NFLN will have seven hours of live Hall of Fame coverage, with Rich Eisen serving as the emcee of the induction ceremony.

There’s also an ongoing new season of Top Ten shows, which periodically are invaded by a certain face for radio with which some of you might be familiar.

So congratulations to everyone connected to NFLN.  And here’s hoping that Time Warner customers will demand that NFL Network be added to the Time Warner cable network, too.

Especially since I live in an area where Time Warner is the only cable supplier.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
24 Responses to “NFL Network lands in millions more homes today”
  1. sask99 says: Aug 1, 2009 9:28 PM

Hahah canada gets NFL network for free

2. Packerbowl says: Aug 1, 2009 9:45 PM

Charter Communications too! That’s all I can get and those losers are too stingy (and in the process of filing for bankruptcy) to carry NFLN!

3. litemater says: Aug 1, 2009 9:46 PM

I HATE TIME WARNER. They have the franchise for my area…….

4. CardHock says: Aug 1, 2009 9:49 PM

Florio with NBC and Sprint backing you, you can’t afford to get DirectTV and Sunday Ticket? Your missing out.

5. Zoology says: Aug 1, 2009 9:49 PM

holy crap it’s true! thanks dude, I would’ve just continued to scroll past it with a sigh if I hadn’t read this today. Life is sweet.

6. Sporting_One says: Aug 1, 2009 10:06 PM

All right TWC bloodsuckers – your turn. I want my NFLN TV!!!!

7. dbartdog says: Aug 1, 2009 10:07 PM

Thanks Florio for that…seeing I live in scumbag Time/warner area. WTF, they don’t pay any attention to customers…both them and the NFL suck!

8. Shackman v2.0 says: Aug 1, 2009 10:22 PM

Me too, Mike. I wish TW cable would quit being so hardon the NFL Network.

9. ligidy says: Aug 1, 2009 11:13 PM

Yeah I wish this story were true. I called Comcast earlier today and they informed me that NFLN won’t be included in the digital package until sometime next week.

10. SteelerNation says: Aug 1, 2009 11:15 PM

I have Comcast Digital Cable & suspiciously don’t have the NFLN….

11. mkamal says: Aug 1, 2009 11:33 PM

I am here in San Francisco, with Comcast, and still no access to NFLN. Hopefully soon…

12. rpberteliot says: Aug 1, 2009 11:53 PM

STEELERNATION I’m with you. being that NFLN is on the classic package, ddoesntt that mean EVERY home that has Comcast should now have NFLN? I’m kinda really upset. someone please answer this..

13. Great Falconi says: Aug 1, 2009 11:57 PM

I have Mediacom Digital Cable.
    No NFL Network for me. I know that those of us in the South obviously do not like football, but I wish that Mediacom would kindly get its head out of its ass and childishly pretend that we do.

14. faulkn22 says: Aug 1, 2009 11:58 PM

I have Comcast and the Digital Classic tier and the NFLNHD channel is already coming through for me. Sorry for the bad luck to everyone else.

15. jharmon64 says: Aug 2, 2009 12:30 AM

Ditto on Mediacom needing to get on board. They’ve got a lot of coverage across the states…….we want our NFLN!

16. Jungle Juice says: Aug 2, 2009 12:55 AM

Why do I have to keep signing in to post?
    As far as Time Warner and these other cable companies go. If they refuse to broadcast NFLN – why wouldn’t you go to DirecTV or DISH Network? Their deals are better anyway. I keep hearing people complain like they don’t have a choice.

17. walker34 says: Aug 2, 2009 1:14 AM

I live in Pittsburgh, have Comcast Digital Classic and no NFL Network.

18. VoxVeritas says: Aug 2, 2009 1:50 AM

You poor bastards need to get DirecTV!

19. Hosstyle In Tampa says: Aug 2, 2009 2:23 AM

Florio, I also live in a “BrightHouse” (controlled by Time Warner). Is there any petition that TW customers can sign?? Any grass roots movement?? I WANT MY NFLN!!!!!!!

20. GBPackers says: Aug 2, 2009 3:39 AM

Does that mean I can get cable TV in Green Bay now?

21. mr. plow says: Aug 2, 2009 9:48 AM

Just think how excited Eli Manning and Bob Sanders are now that millions more people get to watch their United Way commercials… Thanks NFLN, I’m now starting to despise children almost as much as I despise wrangler jeans.

22. umcouldbe says: Aug 2, 2009 9:59 AM

I had enough of Time Warner’s BS–for numerous reasons. I get NFLN just fine on Verizon FiOS.

23. danj0306 says: Aug 2, 2009 10:33 AM

I have WOW cable. They offer the NFL Network, but fail to tell the customers that they don’t pay for the games. So I get to watch Americas Game on Thursday night when the rest of the NFL Network world is watching Football…. Should be false advertisement and NFL Network shouldnt allow them to advertise the way they do.

24. mrogers18 says: Aug 2, 2009 11:39 AM

Just got NFL Network, thanks for the heads up! I have been passing it by for the last year.