The VW bus rolls to Canton

As Hall of Fame weekend commences, we’re loading up the ’68 VW bus for a relatively short trek to the cradle of pro football.

Gregg Rosenthal will be minding the store for the next few hours (it’s only a 200-mile drive), and then I’ll be back at it.

The centerpiece of the trip will be Sunday night’s Hall of Fame game, which kicks off shortly after 8:00 p.m. ET on NBC.

(We’ll be doing a Live Blog during the game . . . assuming that there’s Wi-Fi in the press box at Fawcett Stadium.  If not, we might have to toss Rosenthal into the lion cage with a folding chair and a soggy tree limb for the Live Blog duties.)

I’ll also be at Fawcett Stadium tomorrow night for the HOF induction ceremony, hosted by our pal Rich Eisen of NFL Network, and simulcast on NFLN and ESPN.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “The VW bus rolls to Canton”
  1. Dewey Axewound says: Aug 7, 2009 12:01 PM

So in other words, the quality of PFT reporting is gonna improve exponentially over the next few days.
    Great!

2. zygi milf says: Aug 7, 2009 12:04 PM

Why haven’t you traded in your clunker? Might as well take advantage of yet another freebie as long as it’s being offered…even though Florio Jr and his kids will be paying for it.

3. ZombieRevolution says: Aug 7, 2009 12:17 PM

Man, do they pay you for those duties…sweet!

4. davesmiley says: Aug 7, 2009 12:40 PM

Please keep us updated on the interesting conversations between Madden’s bust and Elmer Fudd (Ralph Wilson)’s bust!

5. Whodey08 says: Aug 7, 2009 12:42 PM

Having been to an induction ceremony I can say what a neat event and place.
    I do have a question for our intrepid blooger to see if he can learn the answer.
    Why in the wide wide world of sports does
    Fawcett Stadium which is on the grounds of the HOF have PLASTIC GRASS?

6. screaming sheep says: Aug 7, 2009 1:08 PM

I was thinking, preseason football is the centerpiece, then I saw Live Blog. Thats the real centerpiece.
    I would think the inductions would be higher up than a preseason game on the list.

7. stillworker says: Aug 7, 2009 1:15 PM

……..here’s hoping you get lost over on the ‘west side’.

8. crookedsteve says: Aug 7, 2009 1:21 PM

I heard the van is carrying Britt Reid and that smoke never stops pouring out of the windows. And it never drives more than 10 MPH

9. wvugrad00 says: Aug 7, 2009 1:31 PM

I thought the NFL banned blogging from the press box