Sponsored post: "Green" phone coming from Sprint

090806-SamsungReclaim-vlrg-8a.widec.jpgAs pretty much every man, woman, and child in the world now own cell phones, and as most get new models every few years, disposal of the devices becomes a challenge.

But Sprint and Samsung have an eco-friendly device coming later this month.

It’s the “Reclaim,” a phone that is both “green” in color and practicality.

The device is biodegradable.

The unit, which has a slide-out keyboard, costs only $49.99 with a two-year contract.

“We took a big step to put it under the $50 price because that’s where we know there’s a lot of volume,” said David Owens, Sprint’s director of product marketing.

The unit goes on sale August 16.

Sprint, by the way, is the official telecommunications partner of PFT.  (Which means that they give us some “green” to talk from time to time about their products, “green” or otherwise.)

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Sponsored post: "Green" phone coming from Sprint”
  1. SirSuperSouthern says: Aug 9, 2009 4:26 PM

Cool. I’m a Green geek with an aging cell phone – this actually might work out…

2. VASeahawk says: Aug 9, 2009 4:41 PM

This looks the crappy phone I bought for my son Christmas. Broke within the first few weeks. Hope it’s biodegradable because people will be throwing them out their car windows not long after they get them.

3. Guardian says: Aug 9, 2009 5:00 PM

HA!!! More global warming zombies for the government to control…. you folks are pathetic.

4. Slow Joe says: Aug 9, 2009 5:18 PM

What is it made out of, corn?

5. matthoover says: Aug 9, 2009 5:29 PM

Florio – if I send you some Brown (coffee), will you pimp my new Pittsburgh coffeehouse?? Let’s make the deal!

6. EskinSux says: Aug 9, 2009 5:37 PM

And “Green” enters the lexicon of the most overused advertised words of all time…Now it can take it’s place amongst such classics as ……Lite, Free, Synergy, Guaranteed, Caring,Service,Cutting edge,Global, and the rest….Like most it’s BS…..

7. sevendollarbologna says: Aug 9, 2009 5:50 PM

A mass global sucide pact is the only way to “save the planet”, Think about it hippies.

8. EskinSux says: Aug 9, 2009 6:02 PM

So……You don’t have to plug it in to recharge it?…….It recharges itself?

9. Bob Nelson says: Aug 9, 2009 6:04 PM

Biodegradable?
    Does it work in the rain?
    Designed to wear out and fall apart really makes it marketable, eh?

10. American says: Aug 9, 2009 6:51 PM

Does that mean when you are stranded in the wilderness with no service from Sprint (all over the place), you can at least eat it?

11. Rocky Vegas says: Aug 9, 2009 7:33 PM

Why am i leaving comments to a commercial?

12. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Aug 10, 2009 7:30 AM

# Guardian says: August 9, 2009 5:00 PM
    ====================================
    HA!!! One more moron who thinks that nothing we do has consequences…I think it’s obvious you’re the pathetic one.

13. VoxVeritas says: Aug 10, 2009 11:04 AM

It’s not that nothing that we do has consequences, it’s that not everything we do is going to have the consequence of melting the polar ice caps. The “global warming is caused my man” garbage is junk science that ignores logic and history.

14. TheBaySay says: Aug 10, 2009 3:40 PM

Did you know that there is a part of the Pacific Ocean twice the size of Texas that is our garbage dump? But hey, don’t listen to the government, at least not when a Dem is on top. I would never let a government run my life for me. Have to go now – need to live better and spend less buying a bunch of crap at Wal-Mart.

15. jimicos says: Aug 10, 2009 5:42 PM

It’s not truly green unless I can pass it through my colon. Coincidentally, that’s how T.O. submits his tweets.

16. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Aug 10, 2009 9:31 PM

# VoxVeritas says: August 10, 2009 11:04 AM
    =====================================
    If you’re saying that “green phones” are not the answer to stopping global warming, then I can agree with you. What you’re really saying, however, is that man is having no effect on the planet’s climate, and that’s just going to prove your idiocy. You (and your republican friends) can’t POSSIBLY really have yourselves convinced that we can continue to dump BILLIONS of tons of greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere with no effects. It’s this kind of idiocy that fueled the tobacco lies, and the effects of that are now common knowledge! I suppose someone like you would probably say the hippy democrats made those statistics up…or maybe it was those bastard Canadians.

17. jimicos says: Aug 11, 2009 9:22 AM

WeMissYouDan says:
    August 10, 2009 9:31 PM
    —————————
    Actually, I think he’s saying global warming hasn’t been proven to be the direct result of man’s pollution. I’m not knowledgeable on the subject, so I’ll decline to argue.. But I do know there are plenty of “experts” who agree with Vox on this point. Namely, that there are a hell of a lot of environmentalists and scientists who point to rising temperatures and simply say, “See?” The proof is harder to come by.