Tomlin continues to leave door open on Vick

We made the case a couple of weeks ago for a potential connection between the Steelers and quarterback Mike Vick.

But we shelved that theory after Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette strongly opined that Vick won’t be wearing black and gold

In a subsequent Q&A, Bouchette was even more blunt:  “I thought I made this plain on Sunday but for those who missed it I will
tell you straight out that there is no chance the Steelers will sign
Vick, ever
.  Never.”

That said, the door remains open.  According to Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, coach Mike Tomlin did not say on Tuesday that the Steelers aren’t interested in Vick.

“If people are capable of helping us win, we’re going to have a level of
interest in those guys,” Tomlin said.  “I’m never going to discuss free agents individually.  I
don’t think that’s appropriate.  I think that that conversation could be
endless.  We do our due diligence on guys that have a professional skill
level and of course [Vick] is one of them.”

(Curiously, the Post-Gazette made no mention of Tomlin’s words in this regard, and the video of the press conference on the newspaper’s web site omitted any reference to Vick.)

Unless Bouchette will be proven to be flat-out wrong, our guess is that Tomlin is trying to help Vick (and, in turn, Tomlin’s former boss in Tampa, Tony Dungy) by creating the appearance that the Steelers might be one of the teams poised to sign him.

That said, if Charlie Batch breaks a collarbone on Thursday night, Vick could be on the “first thing smoking” to Pittsburgh.

Permalink 50 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
50 Responses to “Tomlin continues to leave door open on Vick”
  1. jbruder02 says: Aug 12, 2009 12:18 PM

Florio-Where does Vick fit in? I’m not saying the Steelers will or won’t sign him, I don’t know more than you do, but I don’t see where he fits in on this team.

2. D.R.Universal says: Aug 12, 2009 12:19 PM

i had NO idea Mike Vick was a free agent!!?!? LOL….and the beat goes on…
    cant wait til he actually signs..cheese & rice!

3. hizzle1281 says: Aug 12, 2009 12:20 PM

what would the steelers use him at?
    they have 3 quality WR in Homes, Ward, and even Sweed
    they have Hixon to run the wildcat with

4. nflqb says: Aug 12, 2009 12:30 PM

I would burn my steeler gear if this ever happened.
    Also Big ben is a dog lover and donates alot of time and money to dog charities , so I doubt the roonies or even tomlin are stupid enuff to upset their meal ticket in any way.

5. smiley says: Aug 12, 2009 12:31 PM

Here we go again….

6. mbbrazi says: Aug 12, 2009 12:37 PM

Available to sign since 7/27, interesting that there is not one team willing to put itself into hell for signing a lowlife scumbag like Vick. I guess the NFL teams have enough respect for themselves as to how low they will go. OR maybe they realize the revenue they will lose and the fan base will be greatly affected. People who defend Vick are as sick as he is.

7. Roni06 says: Aug 12, 2009 12:46 PM

Hmm, in a perfect world Vick signs with the Steelers to play for the best coach ,and organization in the NFL. The Steelers host Belicheat and the Patriots for the AFC championship both teams at full strength, and Tomlin will prove he’s the best coach /motivator of man. Pittsburgh Steelers back 2 back championships.19-0,lol were not in a perfect world, but I wish it would happen..

8. ZombieRevolution says: Aug 12, 2009 12:49 PM

“(Curiously, the Post-Gazette….”
    This definitely reflects efforts on their part to hide an error; you should pursue this reticence on their part, where is Ed Bouchette’s integrity? Of course you were the one thinking he was speaking for the Steelers, never confirming anything..
    What a clouded work you live in- “The clarity of Bouchette’s views persuaded us that Bouchette had been told by someone in a prominent position of authority that Vick won’t be a Steeler, but that the source also told Bouchette to couch that notion as the product of his own thought.”
    And “our guess is that Tomlin is trying to help Vick (and, in turn, Tomlin’s former boss in Tampa, Tony Dungy) by creating the appearance that…” No question what your profession was before you got paid to do this…

9. leon07 says: Aug 12, 2009 12:54 PM

Football is a game of inches where a critical first down or a big-time play can completely shift the momentum of a game. If Vick can give you 4 or 5 plays a game that no other player on your roster is capable of, it might just be enough to win you an extra game or two (especially on teams as complete as the Steelers and Patriots).
    Vick will never be a quality starting qb (this coming from a Falcon’s fan) but he is a special athlete who posses an intriguing combination of skills. I can understand why a team might want to take a risk on carrying him on their roster at the cost of a some other borderline player.

10. Superbelt says: Aug 12, 2009 12:55 PM

Tomlin refused to confirm or deny interest in ANY free agent. If he did, he would get incessant questions about everyone.
    “I’m never going to discuss free agents individually.”
    How frickin hard is that to understand?
    Vick will not be a Steeler. Stop pimping this crap.
    BTW, the Tribune-Review is a rag.

11. SixburghDynasty says: Aug 12, 2009 12:57 PM

I don’t think Vick will be a Steeler. As a Steeler fan, if he does, i’ll boo him every play no way can i cheer for that scumbag ever. The Steelers don’t deal with felons, much less sign them when they know there is going to be a circus that follows. It does seem odd to me that they haven’t come right out and said “we dont want him” but the chances of Vick landing in the Burgh are extremely slim

12. jwill007 says: Aug 12, 2009 12:59 PM

HYPOCRITES!

13. VoxVeritas says: Aug 12, 2009 1:12 PM

“LMFAO!!! Same unforgiving americans…..but they will fight for their kids to get a 2nd chance….”
    Nobody’s saying that Vick doesn’t deserve a second chance. He’s getting that right now whether he ever plays another down in the NFL or not. And of course people feel differently about their own kids than some idiot stranger football player. Why do you think that’s so weird?

14. the mooster says: Aug 12, 2009 1:28 PM

florio, crap like this just undermines your credibility. you basically just tried to make up a story out of nothing. what are you doing – just searching the web for football stuff to try to spin something into a story? there is plenty going on right now so whay are you wasting everyone’s time with crap like this?

15. WashingtonRedOookies says: Aug 12, 2009 1:33 PM

Football is entertainment, and football players are entertainers. Apparently all 32 teams think that America doesn’t find Vick entertaining.
    His athletic ability, whatever that is, is beside the point.

16. StillMadAtSlobber says: Aug 12, 2009 1:35 PM

The only thing this last raving convinces any reader is your unfailing ability to apply no logic whatsoever when it comes to Michael Vick.

17. SixBurghDude says: Aug 12, 2009 1:37 PM

“If people are capable of helping us win, we’re going to have a level of interest in those guys,” Tomlin said.
    Sounds like a smart coach to me…face it, if BeliCHEAT said the same, Florio would be lauding him as a genius roster manipulator!
    As a lifelong Steeler diehard I hope, and am confident that, the NFL’s most successful/model franchise will not sign a player as despicable as Vick, if for no other reason than to not force this torturing/murderer on our franchise QB, who happens to be a dog lover…don’t do it Art!!!

18. CoachTerry101 says: Aug 12, 2009 1:43 PM

As a Steeler’s fan I wouldn’t mind them signing Vick. I’m not sure exactly where he would fit in on the offense, but I think it would be good for him to be on the most stable franchise in football. The man did the crime and also did the time, not he can move on with his life. We all make mistakes in life and get 2nd, 3rd 4th and 5th chances. Half of you guys know if signing Vick guaranteed your team going to the Super Bowl or a few more victories you wouldn’t mind it. I don’t care where Vick signs, I just hope he has learned from his mistake. There is not one perfect person on the earth and we stand in judgement of noone.

19. nflqb says: Aug 12, 2009 1:46 PM

HYPOCRITES!
    ////////////////////////////////////////////
    vick should have been put to death for what he did.

20. smiley says: Aug 12, 2009 1:57 PM

Ummm….my kids wouldn’t beat and torture animals nor would 99% of the American population. If you beat and torture humans or animals in this country…..people tend to not trust you and don’t want to see you getting paid millions to play a game (especially a game we love). If that’s a hypocrite…..count me in!!

21. SixBurghDude says: Aug 12, 2009 2:01 PM

Enuff already Florio, you inbred WVA hillbilly!
    One day (insert team here) is gonna sign the torturing/murdering felon, then the Next day they aren’t…it goes on & on…you puke F*CK!

22. ncoolong says: Aug 12, 2009 2:02 PM

Lemme ask you this, Mike, what does Tomlin have to gain by dismissing Vick?
    Whomever signs him more than likely made a headline on your web site because someone said that team wouldn’t. Then you’ll run another post on how they said they wouldn’t when they did. That team likely will say “we don’t ever rule anything out.”
    Seems to me, the smart man just cuts the BS and says anything’s possible from the start, and lets the media speculate however they want.

23. Citizen Strange says: Aug 12, 2009 2:06 PM

“Also Big ben is a dog lover…”
    Double true!

24. SixBurghDude says: Aug 12, 2009 2:17 PM

Sounds like a smart coach to me & if it were said by BeliCHEAT, Florio would be lauding him as a master roster manipulator!
    As a lifelong Steeler diehard, I can only say I hope we never have to accept a player of Vick’s ilk & I’m confident that the Steelers are smart enough to not force this torturing/murdering thug on our franchise QB, who is a self-proclaimed canine lover…don’t do it Art!!!

25. golongboyee says: Aug 12, 2009 2:20 PM

It would be a good fit……….Squealers fans are dirtbags……..Vick is a dirtbag……..perfect fit!!!!!!!!!

26. golongboyee says: Aug 12, 2009 2:24 PM

Big Ben might be kind to dogs but he certainly doesn’t treat motorcycles very well!…………LOL

27. RaidersSavior says: Aug 12, 2009 2:24 PM

I hope and pray this convicted felon doesn’t end up anywhere else other than bagging groceries or saying Hi to everyone who walks into Walmart… especially the ones that have puppies to assist them – that’ll make him cringe!
    Vick was employed, and was convicted of a felony (regardless of the semantics you people on Vick’s side say – “oh, he was never convicted for dog fighting” – you’re right, he wasn’t – conspiracy and interstate gambling (organized crime) fit the bill just as well).
    I would LOVE to see ANY of you that are not self employed get convicted of a felony, serve almost 2 years in federal prison, and be allowed to have your job back. You’d be laughed right out of the building…
    This man deserves a second chance. As a dog owner who just lost one of his 3 puppies, I despise every ounce of his soul. I do, however, support the justice system and believe in second chances. I don’t believe this “man” deserves a second chance at the privalege of living the NFL lifestyle. Let him get a regular job just like everyone else…
    Maybe, say… construction. Oh…. wait.

28. golongboyee says: Aug 12, 2009 2:39 PM

jwilly007——–lmfao at how stupid you are…….giving a child another chance is totally different than giving a supposed adult with the world at his feet another chance to play in a sport that is a priviledge to play…..Vick has been given another chance at life (obviously since he is now free). That is the only OTHER chance he deserves…..

29. StevieMo says: Aug 12, 2009 3:22 PM

Dungy’s “5 teams are interested and he will likely sign this week” smacks of realtors saying, “We’re expecting five offers on the property by Friday.”
    Sometimes they are; sometimes they’re not. Sometimes they’re just trying to manufacture interest and activity where there really is none.
    All I can say is, if Vick isn’t signed by the end of the week, Pimp Daddy Dungy’s gonna look REAL bad.
    Even worse than he already does.

30. J.Cannon says: Aug 12, 2009 3:28 PM

IS THIS PETA OR PFT??

31. StevieMo says: Aug 12, 2009 3:34 PM

Since when does “The poor guy deserves a second chance” translate to “The poor guy deserves a second chance in the NFL.”
    Go work in a hallway house or in a community center or at an animal shelter, Big Guy. I’ll all for convicted felons getting released and starting anew, but that doesn’t assure an NFL paycheck in my mind.
    You made your bed, Vick, now lie in it.

32. SteelersDawg says: Aug 12, 2009 4:01 PM

@Raiderssavior,
    Isnt Martha Stewart a convicted felon? Shall I continue? Lots of Americans are felons they just have not been caught. Oh you of so much righteousness. I’m sure you have never commited a felony. Your a raider fan? Did you say that when your team was raping that woman? I see your kicker (Janikowski) is still on the team. Wasnt he there? Didnt he witness a felony? Please tell us all oh hypocritical one. The fact is WHITES dont like minorities to make more money than them, so when they fall from grace they think that “thats it! he blew it!” “dont let him back in”. It’s a fact. If Vick said “I will play for free” that would soften the blow of him playing again to some people. But to play and to be rich?? NO WAY! I guess Rick Pittino should be fired and never allowed to coach again if these rape charges stick. Same goes for Big Ben too huh?

33. The Coop says: Aug 12, 2009 4:02 PM

I thought everyone in Pittsburgh knew this, but in case they didn’t, I’ll make it clear – Ed Bouchette is an ass-hat.

34. SixBurghDude says: Aug 12, 2009 4:55 PM

ass-hat, maybe…but I bet he’s right on this one!
    @SteelersDawg,
    Wake up bro, once & for all, this IS NOT about race! Dude spent YEARS finacing & partaking in the TORTURE & MURDER of domesticated animals, that is not an accident, it was his chosen way of life.
    There are those that want to compare this to Donte Stallworth’s situation & while I do not agree with the leniency given to Dante, I’m confident that you will find more people who consider the years of planning & financing the torture of dogs, to be far worse than an error in judgement that leads to an accident, even a fatal one.
    BOTH are WRONG…ONE is WORSE!
    NETHER is RACIAL!!!

35. steeltownpride says: Aug 12, 2009 5:03 PM

Non story as usual . The Steelers havent ruled out a return of Plex, Pacman jones , Franco Harris returning , i hear Roger Stauback might be signed to back up Ben .
    I also heard a rumor that the Steelers are going to trade for either Vince Young or Matt Lienart . Anything is possible when you just make shit up right ?

36. EskinSux says: Aug 12, 2009 5:22 PM

“The fact is WHITES dont like minorities to make more money than them”
    ————————————–
    No, the fact is it’s a free country, before Vick pissed away a fortune with a degernate lifestyle that you have somehow come to believe was everyone else’s fault but his own, nobody questioned what his employer paid him, athletes are paid enormous amounts of money in all sports. Hell, if he can get it, get it……With the exception of hockey, and to a lesser extent, baseball, the majority of athletes are black, the majority of superstars are black, but white people continue to buy tickets, merchandise and support their respective teams. Which makes your statement as stupid as you are….Is it the white person’s fault Vick is in the position he is today? He didn’t fall from grace, he was just too damn stupid to realize how stupid he was….Wasn’t it a white man who paid him over 100 million dollars? And if he was white, i’d call him just as freakin stupid……America is the land of opporturnity and he was given every one..It’s not a races fault he pissed it away……It’s his own…..Man up

37. fellasheowed says: Aug 12, 2009 5:29 PM

and here, i thought the post gazette was on your pay no mind list. i mean they detailed the roethlisberer defense team’s response to the allegations you have pandered across the internet…as close as you are following this story, hard to imagine you missed it…
    funny thing about this post…you really had to nibble around the transcript of the tomlin oc where he was asked about vick yesterday to support your version of reality…
    i should probably “bang it here” in your scoop department, because clicking with a mouse doesn’t sound near as moron-core as banging it here…i do say, you know the audience you market too…
    but anyway the p.c. had tomlin being asked the vick question. he didn’t answer, the steelers aren’t in the habit of confirming or denying interest or non-interest in free agents…consistency florio, look into it… moreover he went on to say that if bradshaw or blount could help the team, he would sign them too..
    where is the header florio, “steeler hint at luring hall of famers out of retirement, sign of desperation?” don’t say you are too good to print something like that, we know you too well.

38. Darron says: Aug 12, 2009 5:49 PM

Seems that in a league where teams are vying for every little advantage they can get, giving a non-answer on Vick might help them. If it creates a pseudo market for him and drives up his price tag, one of the Steelers competitors is forced to burn up just a bit more of their salary cap when they sign the guy. If Tomlin can force that without being a liar or damaging his credibility, why not?

39. SteelersDawg says: Aug 12, 2009 6:00 PM

1st. I am white. 2nd I am in the criminal justice field (Commissioner). If I had $1 for all the times I have heard my constituents say “I have been on the force for 20 years and I dont have a Benz, Escalade etc). I would have more money that Bill Gates. Where do you think the statistics in regard to racial profiling stem from? Time for some real talk here. It is a stigma in America that whites are smarter than blacks. There is alot of truth to this. What color are the athletes who get in the most trouble. It certainly is not white. I have spoken at many high schools and it is no secret that the white High Schools I go to are more “upscale” if you will, than the black ones. They have better teachers, facilities, books etc than the kids in the inner city. So whats the product of that? A better education. So the reality of it all is not that we are smarter maybe its just that we have a better education. Maybe not.
    I never once said the actions of Michael Vick were due to race. What I said was the sentiment that “he should never play again” is racial. Its a fact that whites dont like to see rich black athletes who are brash, flamboyant and in your face (vick is all those). They want him to be humble, quiet and low key like Tiger Woods. Trust me I have years of data to back up my statements. Truth is not something that the average person likes to prescribe to. After all dont the KKK wear hoods? Why is that? It is to conceal their REAL feelings towards a group.
    Michael Vick did was a horrible crime but the fact of the matter is that he served his time for those actions. To those of you who say he ran a dog ring and tortured animals for “years” etc. Where is your proof of that? Present your proof if your truthful.
    @Eskinsux,
    Yes whites buy jerseys, merchandise etc of the superstars who are predominantly black. Your statement is true. However, is it a choice thing or a force thing? Wouldnt whites rather their kid wear the jersey of a white star? Why did most whites hate rap music UNTIL eminem came onto the scene and then their was an uproar of Hip Hop fans in suburbia america? Is it a coincidence that 90% of eminems fans just happen to be caucasian? Likewise with a white star. When Larry Bird was a star in the NBA was it a coincidence that most white fans preferred the Celtics? How about when Jayson Willams (White Chocolate) had a few good years in the league? Didnt he have the most popular jersey in the NBA? He did. Who do you think were buying those jerseys? Whites. Yes, whites do buy the merchandise but only because there is little alternative from their race. If there was they would support the white athlete. This is not racism by the way, its merely favoring ones race and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Lastly, yes, it was a white man who paid Vick $100 million dollars but was it a gesture of generosity? Please provide proof of a instant where the owner just went out and gave a black many ANY amount of money. This is nonsense. He paid Vick that money because he could provide a service for the organization. Vick generated more than $100 million dollars for the owner. Prior to Vick signing with the Falcons, please research the economic situation of that franchise. It was desolate. With Vick came hope and opportunity. He soled that stadium out when before it was half filled, so the owner made way more money off of Vick then he gave out to Vick.
    Again, I never said it was a races fault that he did what he did and for you to call me stupid well….. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

40. spyboots says: Aug 12, 2009 7:06 PM

I think Vick will be an asset to whomever happens to sign him. Again, most of the fans seem to not want him on their team, but on the other hand, they don’t want any other team to get him either.

41. EskinSux says: Aug 12, 2009 7:19 PM

With my condolences to Vox…Who as much i can’t stand the Cowgirl schlep,he usually does this in a rather articulate way,albeit one sided, but it’s fathomable in a sense, i’m going to decipher the above statement directed towards me……..here goes…….
    However, is it a choice thing or a force thing?
    —————————————-
    What the hell are you talking about?, Sorry boys, i know you guys wanted that Kobe and Lebron jersey for X-mas….But i got these Kyle Korver jersey’s instead…He’s white…..Noboby forced them to admire elite players…….If either was white, they’d have still wanted it….Let me force you to admire someone less black?….Are you for real?
    ————————–
    Wouldnt whites rather their kid wear the jersey of a white star?
    ———————————-
    You don’t have any kids who play or watch sports do ya……Why would i care……honestly….
    ———————————–
    —————————————-
    ———————————–
    ——————————-
    Obviously, you never been to Philly, and by the way, Larry Bird is an NBA legend……..
    ———————————-
    ——————————–
    Nope, it was a contract, a contract that has provisions decided by the employer, who is the one actually paying him, a contract usually has obligations, of which both parties are bound to uphold……..You know……..Business…..
    ————————-
    ——————————–
    You sure as hell come across as stupid………

42. SteelersDawg says: Aug 12, 2009 8:03 PM

These responses are manifest proof that are “issues” are so psyche deep that we will do ANYTHING to conceal are innermost thoughts. Some of us still wear hoods albeit inner hoods (not on our heads but on our minds)
    ————————————————–
    I guess he doesn’t understand the term “force thing not a choice thing”. Is Kyle Korver comparable to Kobe or Lebron? Is that a fair analogy? Its rather asinine if you ask me. Adam Morrison was supposed to be a NBA star. Lets say that had materialized and he was a star on the same level as Kobe and Lebron. What jersey would they choose if all things were equal? Was Larry Bird a legend his 1st 5 years in the league? There were established stars in the NBA when Bird came on the scene (Dr. J, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone) why was Bird as a rookie the most popular player in the league? His jersey sales were 2nd to Dr. J’s. Was he a legend then? Your weak point has no merit. My point is if there was an alternative to Kobe/Lebron who happened to be white, the white would get the nod. Why are you offended? There is nothing wrong with favoring your own race. If you think white parents wouldn’t rather their kids represent someone who looks like them then your not being honest.
    Ever think of the fact that maybe they couldn’t relate to it……..After all we are talking teenagers here…….Maybe he transcended a barrier?…..—————————————————
    Your point would have some merit if my premise wasn’t that those same people HATED rap music. What was Eminem saying so different than black rappers. Here is your chance to present your proof. Eminem has the same concepts as any black rapper. In fact he got his start from a black rapper/producer Dr. Dre. Eminems 1st single “My Name Is” was no different than any other hip hop song. You don’t think that perhaps white find it more appealing seeing someone who looks like them doing something well that the black guys do? I think they do. Case and point. When Brent Barry won the slam dunk contest (he is white) his popularity reached an all time high. He had a new found celebrity because it was refreshing to see a white guy do what the black ones could do.
    ————————————————-
    Of course Vick had a contract but again why was that contract offered? It was offered because Vick could provide a service to the owner. Obviously your not aware of the financial ruins the team was in pre-Michael Vick. Please research the net worth of the Falcons pre-vick and then tell us what it was during and post Vick. Please tell us all what you find. Lastly, if I come across as stupid and I’m killing you what does that make you? Many people are responding to me whereas you are ignored. I will treat you like everyone else does from here on out because your about as significant as a Bible at the Playboy Mansion.

43. empty13 says: Aug 12, 2009 8:50 PM

ben donates to dog charities? well there is one he hasnt donated to!
    rim-shot…
    not a black thing? if it isnt then all the blacks with their manlove for vick need to stfu. hell yes it’s a black thing, if one says otherwise they are deluded or lying. all them eeviillllll honkies around here on pft dont do the dogfighting gig. wake tfu.
    how many white guys got caught? zero. cause none were involved. point proven.
    and yes he confessed to dog activity. as part of the fed plea, and during the crooked poindexter go-round where they let him off those charges with time to-be-served.

44. EskinSux says: Aug 12, 2009 9:22 PM

Hell……Dude……..get a grip…….get off your social cloud nine………Vick is a POS, i didn’t create it, it doesn’t take a so called genius to realize he is dumber than dirt…..Manifest my ass, he’s a grown man, how many excuse’s can ya make……He is a father of two children, who thru his own fault, went to jail, denied them time as his father did him..You are as stupid as the cycle he is duplicating……. Do his kids care who’s jersey america buys? It’s just the repeat cycle……You can analyze the shit out of my statements, it doesn’t matter,……Cause like Vick, all you do is make excuses…………Nothing more. I never said Vick shouldn’t have make a living, now did i genius……I simply stated in terms, that you have decided to take in a context that suits you,and you’re lame ass agenda, that he is simply a dumb ass, who pissed away 100’s of millions of dollars thru his OWN stupidity….Am I wrong?…..or socially inept for stating the facts?

45. tleg81 says: Aug 12, 2009 10:11 PM

SteelersDawg…..you are a disgrace to steeler nation. Y the F do you have to bring Race into this…..get over yourself…..oh you have been taught some criminal justice stuff. GOOD FOR YOU…… F-ing wannabe…….The views of everyone on this post (before you brought up race) have nothing to do with the fact that Vick is going to make money……….not to mention who really cares…..I personally know plenty of wealthy white and Black americans…..people like you start the enhancement of the race issue….take your statistics and shove them up your ass….they are all lies…..take a look at where they were taken from, see who they polled for the stats……YOU ARE A DISGRACE…..YOU ARE THE PROBLEM….NOBODY CARES IF THE IDIOT MAKES MONEY, THEY CARE THAT THE IDIOT GETS TO DO WHAT HE LOVES MOST AFTER HE COMMITTED A HEINOUS CRIME…….NO OTHER AMERICAN IN ANY OTHER POSITION GETS TO DO THAT…..THAT IS THE POINT

46. Ravenmaniac says: Aug 12, 2009 10:37 PM

Sixburgh….nice posts!! I am impressed. I dont blame you, I was sick to my stomach when the stories were coming out about a possibility of him coming to the Ravens. I would not wish that on anyone.
    Steeltown….still think there is no chance Vick could be a steeler???

47. SteelersDawg says: Aug 12, 2009 10:53 PM

The reactions speak for themselves. Why do whites get mad when you hold a mirror to their face? Because the truth hurts thats why. All I have done is spoken the truth and substantiated it. I didnt bring up race sir. All I said was the view that he shouldnt play again is racism because you know darn well if it was Peyton Manning, Tom Brady or the overated Lazy Ben Roethlisberger you know you would have no problem with them coming back to their old job. As I said, the problem is psyche deep. You dont even know its there. Your reactions are manifest proof that I’m right. Thanks for playing. Lastly, I’m an embarrasment to Steeler Nation? What is Steeler Nation? A fraternity of a bunch of racists. You remember I am a white guy, so that means I am privvy to all the racist crap that is said about Tomlin, Holmes (blunt) and the rest of the blacks on the team. I get to hear the stuff that the black guys dont get to hear and honestly its cowardly and ignorant.

48. SixBurghDude says: Aug 13, 2009 10:42 AM

Ravenmaniac,
    I hear ya dude, I know I will never accept him if the Steelers are foolish enough to sign him & I wouldn’t want to see your boys sign him either, not only because I don’t think the scum deserves another chance at an NFL paycheck, but also because he would be a weapon, somewhat, that I don’t want to have to face within the division.

49. SteelersDawg says: Aug 13, 2009 12:43 PM