Bills reiterate no interest in Vick "at this time"

In response to rampant rumors that quarterback Mike Vick might be joining the Bills, the team has reiterated that it has no interest in signing him.

Per Chris Brown of the Bills’ official web site, “It has been communicated to me through the chain of command at One Bills Drive that the Buffalo Bills stand by their original statement that the team has no interest in adding Michael Vick to the roster at this time.”

Possible translation?  If Trent Edwards blows a wheel and/or if the backups lay an egg, we might change our mind.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
30 Responses to “Bills reiterate no interest in Vick "at this time"”
  1. stuulman says: Aug 13, 2009 4:36 PM

But Florio, weren’t the Bills the first team you said back in May?? You are f-ing clairvoyant my friend.

2. Beastie Bills says: Aug 13, 2009 4:38 PM

Vick could be a starter on another team, and Florio would still insist that the Bills will sign him.

3. smiley says: Aug 13, 2009 4:39 PM

Florio…c’mon.

4. Dewey Axewound says: Aug 13, 2009 4:40 PM

YAY!!
    For now–decency, common sense, good taste, good judgement, justice, integrity, honor, fairness, humanity, and moral standards win out…
    For now.

5. Sjostrom7 says: Aug 13, 2009 4:41 PM

I want Vick!

6. Big Stretch says: Aug 13, 2009 4:42 PM

didn’t take long for you to lok like a fool huh Florio

7. Marty says: Aug 13, 2009 4:45 PM

thats a dam shame – it woulda been fun – cant understand why no one will sign him – Whats the advantage to waiting??

8. chrismc185 says: Aug 13, 2009 4:45 PM

Twitter is oing crazy on this one I think it’s true because I have heard from Adam Schefter and other sources that this is close to happening.

9. DildoBaggins says: Aug 13, 2009 4:52 PM

Translation – Florio has to keep pumping out stories today since there are football games on – no matter how irrelevant or meaningless they are.

10. dzil says: Aug 13, 2009 4:52 PM

translation: Florio, wrong again.

11. Big Stretch says: Aug 13, 2009 4:53 PM

if my aunt had balls she would……
    come on Florio you’re better than that, and shake the tail when you walk

12. StevieMo says: Aug 13, 2009 4:57 PM

I guess the phone calls and emails started rolling in again. The media are underestimating the backlash; they really are. To sign this guy is to lose real money, plain and simple
    Face it, Vick is the Pox. C’mon, Dungy, you told us over the weekend that a dozen teams have talked to you about Vick and that 5 are interested, and that he would get signed this week. Of course, that was before you backpedaled yesterday when your obvious ploy was failing in a spectacular way.
    Nothing like a retired coach trying to act like an agent in order to manufacture interest in a dog killer/torturer when the market rejects him for obvious reasons.

13. BRYAN_NELMS says: Aug 13, 2009 5:01 PM

The eagles should hire mike vick as a coaching intern.

14. fathill1981 says: Aug 13, 2009 5:08 PM

Good bring Vick to Minnesota!!

15. krookedsteve says: Aug 13, 2009 5:10 PM

I would think that the eagles would have suspended Andy Reid themselves without the NFL making them do it.

16. kdub says: Aug 13, 2009 5:10 PM

ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH!!!! I can’t even count how many times I’ve seen “Vick to (insert team here)”, followed by “(insert team here) says no to Vick”. I can’t be the only one being driven nuts by this.
    NOBODY even knows if the guy can play football!!!!!! I am begging you Florio, please please please stop wasting space on your website…you are going to drive people away.

17. Hillbilly Coach says: Aug 13, 2009 5:13 PM

List of those with interest in Vick….
    1. Media
    2. Roger Goodell
    3. Tony Dungy
    4. MrJumpstart23, a breech baby with an Oedipus complex.
    I didn’t think they allowed computers in the state hospital.

18. surefooted says: Aug 13, 2009 5:24 PM

Shefter has Vick maybe going to Dallas…scooped you on that one huh.

19. Hillbilly Coach says: Aug 13, 2009 5:25 PM

Sjostrom7 says:
    I want Vick!
    ————————
    How could you even think of sex at a time like this?

20. Big Stretch says: Aug 13, 2009 5:28 PM

Marty says:
    August 13, 2009 4:45 PM
    You can’t understand why no one will sign him?
    seriously? how about he was average at best when in his “prime”, and then there’s the whole PR nightmare of explaining to your fanbase why you thought a “turd” of a QB was a good idea.
    maybe in JAX where they need all the press they can get, good or bad, to sell tickets but really how do you not get it?
    is this tony dungy?

21. fellorio says: Aug 13, 2009 5:32 PM

It’s because his name is Mike.

22. BigBaldPapaHawk says: Aug 13, 2009 5:38 PM

I wouldn’t drag Dungy through the mud over what happens or what doesn’t happen with Vick. Dungy is a good guy and is convinced Vick deserves another chance (which he does).
    Though being deserving is not enough. Vick has done his time and deserves another shot but that does not mean that the owners of the NFL have to put that face on their team.

23. Alpheratz says: Aug 13, 2009 5:41 PM

I don’t blame PFT for speculating.
    According to the talking heads, teams are practically fighting over the rights to Vick, and he’ll be signed within the next 5 minutes.

24. CoughlinUpALoogie says: Aug 13, 2009 5:42 PM

#1 Media is dead on. This is truly not news-worthy until Michael Vick actually signs or the season begins with him still in street clothes.

25. Sjostrom7 says: Aug 13, 2009 5:47 PM

Sjostrom7 says:
    I want Vick!
    ————————
    Hillbilly Coach says:
    How could you even think of sex at a time like this?
    ————————-
    I can’t refuse that dog lover. He gets my man juices flowing.

26. empty13 says: Aug 13, 2009 5:56 PM

32 teams saying no in (less than) 32 days?

27. Hillbilly Coach says: Aug 13, 2009 6:22 PM

# Sjostrom7 says: August 13, 2009 5:47 PM
    Sjostrom7 says:
    I want Vick!
    ————————
    Hillbilly Coach says:
    How could you even think of sex at a time like this?
    ————————-
    I can’t refuse that dog lover. He gets my man juices flowing.
    —————————————
    I love you, man.

28. JaggedMark says: Aug 13, 2009 7:15 PM

Dallas’s world famous Randy Galloway of “Galloway and Company” espn radio show just said, “Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cowboys are now officially in the mix for Michael Vick.
    More to come.

29. Wild Bill says: Aug 13, 2009 10:05 PM

Bills my ass!
    Can you say Philly?!

30. Smush Rodrigez says: Aug 13, 2009 10:42 PM

Wow, Wild Bill – that is amazing that you called that!