PFTV looks at Vick situation, again

With Jim Nantz of CBS telling Dan Patrick of NBC (I’m contractually required to say that) that Nantz has a “hunch” Mike Vick will pick a new team today, we decided that we’d better drop our latest PFTV segment before Vick puts his Herbie Hanratty on a contract.

[UPDATE:  Nantz sounded even more confident during an appearance on The Scott & BR Show on XX 1090 in San Diego.  "I don't think there's any question that we're going to be hearing that Michael Vick has signed with a team, and I think it probably will be today," Nantz said.  Nantz works with James Brown at CBS.  Brown has interviewed Vick.  So while Nantz claims to have no inside knowledge, if Vick signs today we'll be developing a hunch that Nantz was in the loop.]

Meanwhile, our pal Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times has suggested that the talk of an impending deal is off the mark, and that Vick’s plan at the point entails waiting for a quarterback injury.

Still, to be safe, we’d better cue the swanky new NBC video player.

Permalink 49 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
49 Responses to “PFTV looks at Vick situation, again”
  1. Dewey Axewound says: Aug 13, 2009 12:13 PM

F*ck that overrated sadistic criminal scumbag thug, and f*ck whatever team signs him.
    I hope they go bankrupt and get sold to L.A., whoever it is.

2. ElCabong says: Aug 13, 2009 12:20 PM

“Vick’s plan at the point entails waiting for a quarterback injury.”
    Maybe he could electrocute/drown/torture/kill a couple to get this thing moving. Keep waiting dirt bag.

3. penguininbondage says: Aug 13, 2009 12:27 PM

pure unaldulterated bullshit!
    Coaches are smart enough to know that if he signs after missing camp he’ll be so far behind he’ll only be usefull in carrying the clip board.
    What, no Dungy quote yet, today!?

4. empty13 says: Aug 13, 2009 12:32 PM

about time for another visit from jester jackson…. to discuss the conspiracy…
    more like a conspiracy of common sense. i am sure the owners have seen a lot of stuff. but lil old ookie actually has a long list of bad acts…
    and he lied to blank and goodell. does anyone not think that blank told a couple of other owners about that?
    and they told more. and they told more.

5. HRVA DBAG says: Aug 13, 2009 12:32 PM

Still stumbling and bumbling even with the swanky NBC deal? Do you rent the gear by the hour and you cannot re-tape after your mistakes? What gives Florio?

6. zygi milf says: Aug 13, 2009 12:39 PM

Dewey Axewound says:
    August 13, 2009 12:13 PM
    I hope they go bankrupt and get sold to L.A., whoever it is.
    ********
    I agree. Even if it is the Vikings.

7. bobbys_world says: Aug 13, 2009 12:45 PM

LMFAO!!! And I bet all you Vick Bashers still have a man crush on Pitino!!!

8. gnop05 says: Aug 13, 2009 12:47 PM

Enough already.

9. northwoods says: Aug 13, 2009 12:51 PM

Im all for Mike Vick rebuilding his life. I’d want him on my team. Just dont sign with Green Bay. He just got out of prison so why would he want to go back?
    The cows that gave us all the meat for the burgers we ate today prob suffered a more tormented life then any of his dogs. Wheres your animal loving outrage for them? We’d be madder if they didnt taste so damn good…

10. SteveC says: Aug 13, 2009 12:56 PM

Now that you are with NBC maybe you could get Steve Carell’s dresser from The Office and get some better suit ideas because I’ve seen better dressed mannequins at the Mens Warehouse…

11. lightningrod says: Aug 13, 2009 12:57 PM

I am a diehard Steelers fan and I would not mind if the Steelers signed Michael Vick. I am a lover of dogs and what he did was 100% wrong and he was punished for it and he served his time. I believe in giving people second chances. I am a Steelers fan and ofcourse I hate the Cowboys but I kinda respect the fact that the Cowboys gave several players a second chance.
    I believe in giving people second chances.
    I think he would make a good backup QB and he could probably do some WR work or some Kordell like Slash stuff. He would just be another weapon in the offense, behind Big Ben (ofcourse)

12. Fan_Of_ Four says: Aug 13, 2009 1:04 PM

I would like to say I fully agree with Dewey Axewound. I’m ready to give up my interest in Football if this POS dog murderer gets signed.

13. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Aug 13, 2009 1:06 PM

I miss not having to watch a commercial before every clip.
    I hope Vick does get on a team this week so I can stop hearing what teams he going to, followed by a public denial by the aforementioned team.
    Of course then we’ll have to hear every day about how Vick’s doing on his new team, how the dogs in the area are doing, and whether or not some PETA nut blew up the practice facility.

14. Annuvin says: Aug 13, 2009 1:15 PM

——————————————-
    Ditto that. If he signs with the Pack, I’ll likely lose all interest I have in football… other than watching YouTube when this degenerate suffers a career-ending injury after some dog-owning lineman lays a bone-crushing hit on him.

15. JimmySmith says: Aug 13, 2009 1:15 PM

I will bet a dime bag that he signs with the Vikings. Vick and Percy can get their volume discount with the corner street dealers and the population of stray dogs will decline drastically.
    Jesse Jackson can stay home unless he wants to protest that the brothers aren’t allowed to drive the love boat.

16. Rundle81 says: Aug 13, 2009 1:21 PM

To the guy who said he’d give up his interest in football if Vick gets signed, you my friend are a moron. Professional football players have committed crimes that are as bad or worse and been allowed to play again, and you’re obviously still watching football. Why the crusade against Vick, and why now? Is a dogs life worth more than a human beings? Hell Stallworth killed a guy when he was driving drunk and high, and he did less time and will serve less of a suspension. Where’s your outrage now?

17. Facts Domino says: Aug 13, 2009 1:22 PM

Maybe Mike Holmgren(a recently retired coach) and Ross Perot(a failed presidential candidate) can start showing support for a medicore at best wide receiver in Matt Jones since Dungy(a recently retired coach) and Jesse Jackson (a failed presidential candidate) are showing support for Vick who was a mediocre at best quarterback.

18. bobbys_world says: Aug 13, 2009 1:25 PM

wow…there actually are rational ppl on here!!! I agree with you 100% Rundle81

19. allday7776 says: Aug 13, 2009 1:34 PM

All you dog lovers are pathetic. I signed up just to comment on this subject, because PFT is flooded with all these PETA morons. He killed some pitbulls. So what? They are NOT domesticated animals. They are born to fight. It’s not he was killing Lassie and Labradors. Give me a break. You people make me sick. All of you people against Vick should be against Deer Hunters also. You should all also be vegetarians. Have you seen the conditions at American Slaughter-houses? Probably not. What makes killing a pitbull inhumane, but killing a deer okay?? Please enlighten me.

20. allday7776 says: Aug 13, 2009 1:34 PM

Hello there

21. lightningrod says: Aug 13, 2009 1:35 PM

You’re saying that he tortured, electrocuted and tortured these dogs? Or was that a sarcastic comment?
    I’m going to be honest with you and say that i did not read all the details of his case. His friends killed dogs? I don’t remember
    Well, he was punished and he served his time. His punishment is now over.
    You should not get mad at the NFL for re-instating him.
    If you think that he should had served more time in jail, than email your Congressman and ask the government to create stricter penalties for abusing animals.
    It’s not the NFL’s fault if he received a light sentence for doing that (if that is your opinion that he indeed get off easily)
    The NFL is not the US government and it was a court of law of the US Government that found him guilty and sentenced him to jail.
    And now the punishment is over. He served his time and the punishment is over.
    I love dogs. I believe that dogs do go to heaven.

22. allday7776 says: Aug 13, 2009 1:36 PM

Facts Domino: Michael Vick was a pro-bowler. he led his team to the NFC Championship. he won a playoff game as a visitor at Lambeau Field. he broke the NFl single season record for rushing yards in a season.
    How about Matt Jones??
    Receivers like Jones are a dime a dozen. QB’s like Vick are a rare breed.

23. Kidekk says: Aug 13, 2009 1:38 PM

Fan of Four, so you’re willing to stop watching football because of Michael Vick, but you still watch football considering that Jerramy Stevens is still in the league? I don’t get it.

24. zygi milf says: Aug 13, 2009 1:40 PM

bobbys_world says:
    August 13, 2009 12:45 PM
    LMFAO!!! And I bet all you Vick Bashers still have a man crush on Pitino!!!
    *********
    Who is Pitino? Oh yeah – some basketball coach who had an affair with another woman. Sure that’s almost on the same level as a dog-killing psychopath.
    Keep drinking your kool-aid. If you run out, maybe try the Jim Jones version.

25. allday7776 says: Aug 13, 2009 1:40 PM

Why are my comments not posted? Is this section reserved for PETA members? Wouldn’t suprise me.

26. TheDPR says: Aug 13, 2009 1:43 PM

Vick can pick any team he wants. That doesn’t mean any team’s going to sign him.

27. zygi milf says: Aug 13, 2009 1:44 PM

Rundle81 says:
    August 13, 2009 1:21 PM
    ********
    Yeah – and I bet Donte Stallworth saw Reyes JAYWALKING and scream “10 points!”
    Meanwhile, I will bet you a million dollars that Vick and his “posse” laughed and joked while they drowned, hanged and electrocuted those dogs. Of course, those dogs deserved it, right? Damn loser dogs. Wasting money on all that food and water.
    Get real, moron. I bet you think OJ was innocent, too.

28. allday7776 says: Aug 13, 2009 1:55 PM

Eihter my comment was deemed inappropriate, or this blog is just a peice of crap. Keep up the good work Florio.

29. MrJumpman23 says: Aug 13, 2009 1:57 PM

@JimmySmith

30. Herman Brood says: Aug 13, 2009 1:59 PM

Why does everyone think Vick went to jail “over some dogs”? He went to jail because he was the money man of a multi state gambling operation. Gambling is why he will get the Pete Rose treatment. Coupled with the fact he’s just not that good.

31. Hesketh24 says: Aug 13, 2009 2:00 PM

I agree with Rundle and bobby…sounds like there are more PETA members leaving comments than actual football fans. I think you people forgot that you’re on PFT not some I Heart Animals site. The issue is about football, a career, and a life. Not your opinion on dogs or whether or not the law and the comish “punished” Vick enough. The man payed his dues let him get his life back. If he gets drunk, gets in his car, and goes and kills someone then maybe we can talk! Until then…SHUT UP!

32. MrJumpman23 says: Aug 13, 2009 2:06 PM

@ NorthWoods
    My point exactly.. Where are all the activists at when an innocent deer, bears, rams, and birds get shot everyday for sport, and then have their heads mounted on the wall as a trophy.. Pit bulls were bred for the sole purpose of entertainment, and fighting, people need to do their research on the breed.
    You have to be a complete fool if you think Vick tortured those dogs. I am a dog lover, and I could care less about those dogs that died. They died fulfilling their specific purpose. If any of you idiots have kids you should be happy because thats one less pitbull trying tear your kids apart.

33. bobbys_world says: Aug 13, 2009 2:23 PM

@ zygi milf
    Pitino also had his miatress have an abortion to cover up his bad deed…so lets see and aborted baby or a pitbull…which is worst????
    So how bout u keep drinking the Kool Aid…”OH YEAHHH!!!”

34. Facts Domino says: Aug 13, 2009 2:28 PM

If Vick were held to the same standards of those dogs, we wouldn’t be having this conversation because he would have already been tortured to death.

35. DcNinerFan says: Aug 13, 2009 2:42 PM

How many god damned Vick stories do you need, Florio?! “At least 5 a day, NinerFan! We can’t think of other things to write about! Give us a break!”
    I don’t even read them any more, but I’ll keep complaining about them. Give it a god(dog) damned rest, will ya!

36. poiuyt says: Aug 13, 2009 2:43 PM

“MrJumpman23 says
    I think you left out Matt Jones, this scumbag was actually caught with drugs on school property. Vick was never caught with drugs, idoit!!!!”
    First of all, you should learn how to spell the word “idiot.”
    And Vick tested positive for drugs while he was on suspension from the NFL. The “idoit” couldn’t even keep clean when he knew the NFL would be watching him.

37. returnofvick says: Aug 13, 2009 2:46 PM

All you people that are talking negative about vick are IDIOTS. Were talking about dogs that are euthanized legally everyday, not to mention all the animals that are slaughtered everyday. There are NFL players that have killed, shot, beat up and done countless other things to HUMANS and they are not catching the crap micheal vick is. How stupid can you people be. He did the crime paid his time and is repaying his debt to society. I can’t wait until he gets signed and if you don’t like it then DONT WATCH FOOTBALL ANYMORE CAUSE THE MIKE VICK SHOW WILL BE BACK ON SOON.

38. MrJumpman23 says: Aug 13, 2009 2:56 PM

@Poiuyt
    Stop spreading false info, you idiot.. Vick never had any trouble in the NFL until this dogfighting mess.. Totally not true..

39. lightningrod says: Aug 13, 2009 3:00 PM

I am not a member of PETA but dog fighting is 100% wrong and 100% illegal.
    So don’t give me that garbage.

40. Alpheratz says: Aug 13, 2009 3:02 PM

Most of the comments have covered it nicely, particularly the first, such that I have nothing to add.
    Except……..you guys that don’t understand the difference between Stallworth’s crime and Vick’s years of patterned behavior………..
    You’ll never get it.
    And that’s ok, but please stop embarrassing yourselves by making the comparison.

41. zygi milf says: Aug 13, 2009 3:13 PM

allday7776 says:
    August 13, 2009 1:55 PM
    ************
    Or – perhaps you are a moron and don’t realize that comments are reviewed before posting. This isn’t Fannation.

42. zygi milf says: Aug 13, 2009 3:16 PM

bobbys_world says:
    August 13, 2009 2:23 PM
    @ zygi milf
    So how bout u keep drinking the Kool Aid…”OH YEAHHH!!!”
    **********
    The last I heard was that abortion is legal in this country.
    It would depend on how far along the mistress (not miatress) was. If she was 5 days from giving birth and they yanked it out with a hanger, then I’d say – yeah, that’s pretty bad.
    Still does not compare with torturing dogs. Epic Fail, Bobby.

43. MrJumpman23 says: Aug 13, 2009 3:17 PM

Bull Riding and horse racing is 100% wrong too, but it is 100% legal.. Dogfighting is as american as apple pie!!!!! It will never stop… Don’t try to crucify one man over dogfighting.. Dogfighting is older than everyone posting on this blog.. Your dog wasn’t killed so stop crying about Mike Vick… If you gave a heck about animals so much, how many of you people own and operate a animal shelter??? For all the Vick haters out there; Would you feel the same way about him if he was your cousin, uncle, or father???? Give some serious thought to that!!!!

44. Clark says: Aug 13, 2009 4:07 PM

Sick individuals on here that have no humaine qualities about them. I hope you are still young enough to someday realise your narrowmindedness. Dogfighting as american as apple pie? Child Plz! (Thans Ocho.) You see dog fighting at any State Fairs?

45. CoughlinUpALoogie says: Aug 13, 2009 4:15 PM

And away we go again. This appears to be the only interesting NFL news out right now worthy of chasing for an “exclusive.” No more Brett-Watch?!? Ben’s Booty Call not giving the ratings a spike?!? Whatever happened to the stories on the NFL training camps and the teams’ progressions and developments?!??
    I think it was stated a while ago that the only way Michael Vick will truly succeed and be forgiven in the court of public opinion will not solely be based on his actions on and off the field, but also in the manner in which they will be reported by the media.

46. Bob Nelson says: Aug 13, 2009 4:19 PM

Give up your crappy lobbying efforts.
    It is embarrassing.

47. CoughlinUpALoogie says: Aug 13, 2009 7:59 PM

Shame on you “fellorio”, hiding behind an alias to utter such deep-seated sentiment.

48. fellorio says: Aug 14, 2009 6:12 PM

So “CoughlinUpALoogie” is your legal name.
    I’ve known only one other UpALoogie; her first name was Snatchin. A cousin?

49. fellorio says: Aug 14, 2009 6:14 PM

So “CoughlinUpALoogie” is your legal name.
    I’ve known only one other UpALoogie; her first name was Snatchin. A cousin?