Vick's deal is for one year, with team option

Michael Vick’s contract with the Eagles has been widely reported as a two-year deal, but his stay in Philadelphia is more likely to last one year based on contract terms revealed Thursday night.

FOX’s Jay Glazer has the scoop:  Vick has actually signed a one-year, $1.6 million contract with a team option for 2010.  The option is for $5.2 million.

The presence of the large option in 2010 makes it look very unlikely on the surface that Vick would still be with the Eagles next year.

Donovan McNabb is reportedly due $11.2 million next season, which includes a guaranteed $6.2 million roster bonus.  Barring some sort of career-changing injury, McNabb looks unlikely to go anywhere.

And it’s even less plausible that the Eagles would carry McNabb and a $5.2 million backup.

A case could be made that one giant housecleaning could leave Vick in town, with McNabb elsewhere, but it’s hard to imagine the pairing lasting more than one year together.

There is a lot to dive into regarding Vick’s signing (what about poor A.J. Feeley?), but the angle that McNabb should feel threatened this year seems likely to be overblown.

Philadelphia is giving Vick a chance to re-start his career, but in football terms he’s a moderately priced insurance policy.

Permalink 80 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Contracts, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
80 Responses to “Vick's deal is for one year, with team option”
  1. withyamom says: Aug 13, 2009 8:57 PM

They’ll come calling after this season!

2. StrawHatCook says: Aug 13, 2009 8:58 PM

Wow, thats alot of money that I didnt think he was going to get. I gotta say, Vick is really not in a bad spot, he doesnt have the pressure of having to be rushed into the system since McNabb is stable enough for them for now.

3. Agame says: Aug 13, 2009 9:00 PM

4. CooperManning says: Aug 13, 2009 9:01 PM

Vick had better hope the Eagles pick up the 2010 option. $1.6 million alone isn’t nearly enough to start up a legitimate dogfighting operation.

5. Oozy13 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:04 PM

i guess the eagles will try to spend as much money (and clearly on anyone) just to try and buy..oops i mean win the superbowl.

6. empty13 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:05 PM

creditors: uh, that’s not enough, mr. banner!

7. NCEaglesFan says: Aug 13, 2009 9:06 PM

I’m done. A strong supporter of the Eagles for 50 years. Thru thick and mostly thin. I bleed midnight green. Please. This is a nightmare.
    Sorry Andy, Jeffery, your on your own. I can no longer support a team with such low moral fiber. The entire focus of the team just went out thee window.
    Think of what you’ve done to McNabb confidence. What a mistake.
    Go Panthers. I’m finished with the Eagles.

8. SliKRiK says: Aug 13, 2009 9:06 PM

E-A-G-L-E-S!!! EAGLES!!!! We got a wild-cat option now! I hope those PETA protesters know what they’re getting themselves into when they visit the Linc! Go Eagles! Welcome Mike Vick to eagle nation!!! I’m glad you got a second chance dude….

9. Opie says: Aug 13, 2009 9:07 PM

Seriously?!? I’m so freakin pissed right now, where is my taser and my 5 year old……they are about to meet! Scratch that, my mother in law is “visiting” God save her soul!
    Mother fker, goddm, mother fker!!!!!
    This is the leagues way of ruining our season! No, they don’t influence games. The league is fixed…….just another reason for me to go all Philly on these people in Atlanta……
    Sh..t, p..ss, f..k, ddam! Ugh!?!

10. Hooby says: Aug 13, 2009 9:08 PM

not as a qb, as a designated wildcat…last year we ran like 3 plays out of wildcat with desean, 1 td and 1 pick. picture vicks numbers out of wildcat/as a wideout…pending his performance in this year, hes gonna be back next year

11. MAINEFINFAN says: Aug 13, 2009 9:09 PM

PHILLY PERFECT THAT FAN BASE WOULD ROOT FOR JEFFERY DAHMER OR TED BUNDY IF THEY COULD RUN A 4.4 AND COULD CATCH AND THEY WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THOSE PETA PROTESTERS.

12. Eaglemania says: Aug 13, 2009 9:10 PM

Eagles + vick= superbowl!!

13. Eaglemania says: Aug 13, 2009 9:10 PM

Eagles + vick= superbowl!!

14. kwsbrother says: Aug 13, 2009 9:12 PM

I just cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket and will put all of my Steeler’s gear on eBay. The proceeds will go to the Dallas/Ft. Worth Pug Rescue.

15. bloodysock says: Aug 13, 2009 9:12 PM

Vick will fit right in with those animals they call Eagle Fans!!

16. CoughlinUpALoogie says: Aug 13, 2009 9:13 PM

How many TV sets will be turned off this season? LOL The NFC East is going to be one hell of a division to watch this season. New money Eli, Vick in Gang Green, No-TO Romo, and The Deadskins. Should be a FAN-tastic finish.

17. Oozy13 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:14 PM

vick should have signed with a team that could get him more playing time (as a quarterback..not wide reciever or running back for u wildcat fanatics). but if he can show some glimpse of potential. a 1 yr deal sounds fine. but question. after the one yr, does vick get to choose to opt out? or is his contract only decided on what the eagles choose.

18. Burritto says: Aug 13, 2009 9:15 PM

Good deal for both sides.
    Vick gets a good chunk of change for a guy who has been absent for so long, and the Eagles don’t put a whole ton on the line for a guy who could end up making a significant difference.
    It’s not a perfect fit, but I can see why both sides chose to go in this direction.

19. GPLmark says: Aug 13, 2009 9:18 PM

Well Vick’s probably a better wildcat option than DJack, at least throwing wise.
    But gosh darnit, I’ve always been a Vick hater (since he first became well known in the NFL), and now my Eagles have signed him. What am I going to do?

20. charbel says: Aug 13, 2009 9:19 PM

wild cat here it comes to philly…. maybe they’ll change its name to wild-dog…

21. Drew Ambler says: Aug 13, 2009 9:19 PM

I blame the commish for this. He let him back in the league so what does everyone think would happen? I am sure all of the other felons who will get out of jail are waiting for their 1.6 million guaranteed…… I am so disillusioned with the Eagles and the NFL. F them!

22. trickbunny says: Aug 13, 2009 9:19 PM

# Agame says: August 13, 2009 9:00 PM
    Welcome to Philly Mike. I HOPE I see some PETA people during my Sunday tailgating. I will personally kick thier ass. Try me.
    Ooh, internet tough guy. Dime a dozen. ZZZZZZZ.
    Way to prove that the right team signed Vick- a team that’s known worldwide for attracting a-holes and scum of the Earth.

23. ebr362 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:20 PM

Philly is a perfect fit! The yhave a judge and courtoom right in the stadium!

24. redsquare says: Aug 13, 2009 9:20 PM

Eagles blew their chance at a Super Bowl when they kicked out TO. (He was the only thing that got ‘em close.) Vick is washed up–he’ll prove to be a lousy investment who will only muddle things.
    Why would the Eagles, who don’t need Vick at all, take on this mess?
    It doesn’t matter. The Eagles are now officially the team of those who believe winning is more important than anything. If you are an Eagles fan, you are now a Michael Vick fan.
    The Eagles are now the enemy of anyone decent.

25. tbtsm15 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:22 PM

I love how ESPN claims that Fox first reported the terms of the deal, yet Fox’s story is timestamped 9:10… no love for PFT.

26. gonzolo4 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:23 PM

Well seeing how Andy Ried raised a couple of turds for kids, I’m am NOT suprised at all that the he’d take in Mike Vick, the king turd,

27. JaggedMark says: Aug 13, 2009 9:24 PM

Well, Vick should give Tony Dungy “half” of it.
    Don’t cha think?

28. sask99 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:25 PM

Peta just crapped their pants

29. StrawHatCook says: Aug 13, 2009 9:25 PM

kwsbrother you sound like a moron. I hope nobody buys your stuff. Why in the hell would a Steelers fan care what the Eagles do? Oh well, enjoy it.

30. DarkBrownBro says: Aug 13, 2009 9:26 PM

After a loss or two the QB controversy tears those BLASTED eagles apart.

31. JaggedMark says: Aug 13, 2009 9:26 PM

No point to watch the UFL now!

32. MrHumble says: Aug 13, 2009 9:27 PM

I can’t believe my Eagles would sign Mr. Dick the Felon…….no more goin’ to the Linc for me or my family. This is a move you would expect from a team like the raiders but now the eagles are no better……disgusting. Hey Steeler nation, do you have room for a new fan?

33. westbrook 36 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:28 PM

I can’t stand what Vick did but at the same time, he did his time and deserves the right to play. If I was an accountant and came out of jail I would be able to be an accountant again. If he can play the game he should be able to. You can’t take someone’s livlihood away from them when they served their time.
    That said I would have thought Dallas or the Skins would sign him and not the Eagles. He better me a model citizen here in Philly or the fans will crucify him.
    Other than the dog thing, did Vick have any other character issues? I don’t remember.

34. Wiscdave says: Aug 13, 2009 9:28 PM

Where’s Florio? All those posts and he isn’t around at the finish.

35. Bob S. says: Aug 13, 2009 9:30 PM

how will, mcnabb? feely? and kolb? accept this?
    READER POLL
    Are you for or against the Eagles signing Michael Vick?

36. Jackal138 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:30 PM

Really, let’s cut the righteous indignation. I’m pissed, too, but I’m not going to stop watching the Eagles. I won’t cheer for Vick, but I’ll still cheer for my team.
    Vick is a horrible human being, but they let Michael Irvin in the HoF, so obviously moral fiber isn’t the #1 criteria for evaluating a man.
    I respect the desire to not watch the Eagles games because of this, but really? If you’re a fan, you’ll be back. If you’re not, you’re not a real Philly fan.

37. Royedw says: Aug 13, 2009 9:33 PM

NCEaglefan”
    You’re an idiot!! Low moral fiber my hind end,.. If you are ready to root for the Panthers then you’ve been in Carolina long enough to become a fan,.. you aren’t Eagle green enough.
    The addition of Vick can help McNabb,.. Vick considers him as a friend,.. and if Andy runs some wildcat the “Iggles” now have a dangerous weapon.
    Philly fans will handle PETA, hell, they booed Santa Clause. Everyone deserves forgiveness my brother, hopefully the next time you screw up you will find some yourself…

38. Smush Rodrigez says: Aug 13, 2009 9:35 PM

NCEaglesFan says:
    August 13, 2009 9:06 PM
    Think of what you’ve done to McNabb confidence. What a mistake.
    Go Panthers. I’m finished with the Eagles.
    ********
    Bye. McNabb’s confidence??? McNabb is friends with Vick. It is Kolb’s confidence that you should worry about. Please change your handle.
    It is not like they signed PacMan.
    For the record, I said that I would not be happy if the Birds signed Vick. I am very torn right now. I do not like what Vick did but I cannot wait to see how we use him. Plus if mcNabb gets hurt, we have a guy who can throw.
    Maybe it has something to do with our banged up O-Line. Run, Ron Mexico, Run!

39. nflqb says: Aug 13, 2009 9:35 PM

lets see 1.6 million, 400 k to the irs , 400 k to his agent and the rest to whoever he owes.
    this jerkoff will be living in a halfway house the time hes 40!

40. CooperManning says: Aug 13, 2009 9:35 PM

westbrook 36 says:
    August 13, 2009 9:28 PM
    ——————–
    See: Mexico, Ron.

41. redsquare says: Aug 13, 2009 9:35 PM

As of now, every single Eagles fan is a supporter of animal torture.
    And illegal racketeering and gambling.
    And lying to your bosses.
    And putting the careers of all of your co-workers in jeopardy for your own selfish game.
    So go ahead, put on that Eagles jersey, cap, t-shirt, bumper sticker.
    It’ll help show the rest of us who you really are.

42. realityonetwo says: Aug 13, 2009 9:37 PM

Agame says:
    August 13, 2009 9:00 PM
    —-
    Yeah, right. You try to kick some PETA ass, and their lawyers will dump you deep into the bowels of the CFCF. Let’s see how tough you talk after a couple of weeks there…

43. StrawHatCook says: Aug 13, 2009 9:37 PM

Jackal138 got it on the money. You sir are a Eagles fan. Good shit.

44. Jackal138 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:37 PM

That being said… Ladies and Gentlemen of Philadelphia – Lock up your pets!
    Hahaha.

45. nflqb says: Aug 13, 2009 9:37 PM

Jackal138 says: August 13, 2009 9:30 PM
    ///////////////////////////////////////////
    your owner and brass signed this guy and your still gonna cheer for them? I would have ended my 30 yr history rooting for the steelers if they signed this piece of trash, but I guess some organizations a just trash also.

46. ras6111 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:37 PM

Perfect fit. Instead of having to bury the pitbulls, Andy Reid and the rest of the overweight philly fans can eat them!!

47. geo4949 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:38 PM

This is truly one of the saddest days in our history just one question why?I hope everyone boycotts everything Eagles I kow I’m going too. I hope season ticket holders give there tickets away if anyone wants them Go to hell Eagles forever

48. Ron Newton says: Aug 13, 2009 9:40 PM

Thanks Eagles for stepping up to the plate to sign one of the most exciting QBs in the league.
    Haters get over it, how much crap have you done in your life that no on knows about. You haters, what make you so perfect?
    Go Mike! Do your thing. Big Ups to the Eagles Organization. Looks like I’m going to be a fan of both the Cowbowys and the Eagles. Mike I had your back through it all, my co-workers know that I’m rejoicing right now.

49. DT says: Aug 13, 2009 9:45 PM

I’m sure Andy Reid was 100% behind this. Vick reminds him of his own kids.

50. MrHumble says: Aug 13, 2009 9:47 PM

The Cowboys are no longer the team that America hates…………it’s the Mike Vick Beagles who will wear that crown. Lurie mite want to look at signing Stallworth and Burress next year and I hear that Travis Henry has inquired also. What next….O.J. Seriously, the ironic part is why would the beagles want to take the PR hit just to sign him for 1 freakin’ year……..doesn’t make much sense. I will cheer for the damn ‘boys before i cheer for the Beagles.

51. Buffalo81 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:48 PM

If this ends up being the final straw on McNabb’s back, Philly will regret this. I think year one he will be a wildcat specialist. But you’re not going to pay $5.2 mil for a backup QB. Donovan is a much better QB than Vick.

52. Burritto says: Aug 13, 2009 9:51 PM

Glad everyone is down with Jackal 138. Leonard Little used to be the trump card and now Donte Stallworth has joined his company. Vick is a pig, but he’s not the worst.

53. westbrook 36 says: Aug 13, 2009 9:52 PM

I can’t believe I forgot about the Ron Mexico thing. My fantasy football team’s name was “Ron Mexico’s Dirty Birds” a few years ago. I think I’m still in shock that the Eagles signed him and am not thinking straight.
    I think it’s a low risk/high reward move.

54. penguininbondage says: Aug 13, 2009 9:53 PM

It’s more like the league minimum when you subtract 6 game checks, what percentage he gives to his crediters the 2 oercent his agent takes and then what the IRS and whatever fines he still owes.

55. Xenu_D_Alien says: Aug 13, 2009 9:58 PM

If McNabb was upset when the Beagles drafted Kolb, I can only imagine how he’s reacting now. He’s probably crying like Richard Simmons comforting a fat girl…and drowning his sorrows in Chunky soup.

56. jless303 says: Aug 13, 2009 10:00 PM

Cry me a river all you haters against Vick coming back into the league……he paid his dues….stop picketing this website bitching….you guys cry more about Vick when worse has been done with all your favorite politicians and thay dont even get jail time…take a harder look at those crooks and the far more many lives they have affected….Vick was young dumb and has took aggressive action to fix his wrong doings and oh yeah your elected officials gave him that jail sentence go picket that judges house if you dont think his punishment wasnt harsh enough….why does he get to keep his job…..god forbid any of your kids do something stupid get locked up….and because of that society feels that are less of a human and there natural god given skill is worthless and shouldnt be used to take care there family. Whats the point of jail if you all are always going to place judgement on those who have had made mistakes….can they now not ever be model citizens…….I will leave you with this! Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future!!!! Good luck Vick hopefully this is a new beggining for you and you will prove to be an example of change!

57. MarkD says: Aug 13, 2009 10:08 PM

Boy, Banner had to do something to steal the thunder from the REAL winning team in Philly [PHILLIES] and signing this loser fits the bill. First, it’s a knife in D-Mac’s back [one bad game and watch the QB controversy rage!], secondly, it’s a desperate move from a desperate team trying to regain their mojo [lost to the Phillies who did what? BROUGHT HOME A CHAMPIONSHIP!]
    Dog-lovers will sh#t a brick over this!
    As for my opinion, I think this is a bad move both football wise and a PR disaster.

58. lol@vick says: Aug 13, 2009 10:09 PM

blah blah blah @ the let PETA come to the stadium and try me…
    are you really that stupid? They don’t need to go to the stadium, they will be going to the headquarters of any advertisers in the stadium to protest, and then to protest in front of any company that has an expensive luxury box at the stadium. They will do more damage there than at the stadium on game day. Heck, they can protest at those places 5 business days a week instead of just a few hours on Sunday

59. CardHock says: Aug 13, 2009 10:12 PM

The eagles just went to the NFC Championship, now they will have all the attention in the world. Media up their ass 24/7. Peta, constant attention. How did this make them better? It didnt.
    Eagles fans should be pissed right now, but instead they will spin it and dog fighting will become, ” not a big deal”, ohh and “vick has changed”. What a joke.

60. Kidekk says: Aug 13, 2009 10:13 PM

Going to keep piping it in:
    If you think you’re on moral high ground because you’re walking away because Mike Vick is playing football, you’re delusional. The fact is that a rapist, Jerramy Stevens, is still in the league, but it takes a dog killer for you to walk away says a lot about you. You’re telling me that someone who killed dogs is worse than someone who raped women? Are you serious. Please don’t hit anyone with that highfalutin nonsense about an organization having no moral fibre when Jerramy Stevens is in the league and you were still fans while he played. Good riddens. We’ll see how long that not watching the NFL thing lasts. So does that also mean you’re going to quit your job if your company remains a sponsor of the Eagles as well or are affiliated with sponsors of the Eagles in any way? Or are your morals only so strong? Child please.

61. mborz says: Aug 13, 2009 10:13 PM

@Ron Newton: I’m actually hoping the best for Michael Vick at this point. More than having success with the Eagles, I’m just hoping he really has his life turned around, and that he keeps it turned around.
    However, I’m completely sick of the whole “haters – what makes you so perfect” argument when it comes to Vick. We ALL know that none of us are perfect. Nobody. So if we disallow everyone who isn’t perfect from criticizing the actions of anyone else, it basically means nobody is allowed to ever criticize anyone else about anything. And that would be a pretty hideous society to live in.

62. Girth Brooks says: Aug 13, 2009 10:17 PM

Everyone keeps saying Vick is here to run the wildcat……… it’s The WILDDOG yall.
    You heard it here first! Girth brooks out.

63. jmill012 says: Aug 13, 2009 10:17 PM

Do you think 100,000 people will give back their season tickets b/c that is my position in line?
    LOL, if you think this will hurt the Eagles attendance you are crazy.
    THE MAN DID HIS TIME! What he did was wrong and in no way do I agree with what he did BUT he deserves a chance to get on with his life.
    We forgave Bill Clinton for cheating on Hillary right…… Some would think that was worse than what Vick did.
    BTW Everyone on here hating on the Eagles, get over yourself. I hope that one day you need to ask for forgiveness and everyone laughs in your face. Wishes you rot in hell.
    A SIN IS A SIN IS A SIN! Just remember that ohhh and He who has not sinned; cast the first stone.

64. CoughlinUpALoogie says: Aug 13, 2009 10:20 PM

Vick jerseys for everyone!! I bet I can get those coveted 100-Section tickets for dirt cheap now.
    Next up, Bang Bang Burress!

65. UmmmWhat says: Aug 13, 2009 10:33 PM

First, THERE IS NO COURTHOUSE IN LINCOLN FINANCIAL FIELD, you assbags!
    Seriously, no Eagles fan were begging for this guy, we just got stuck with him.
    And to everyone bashing Philly fans, did you miss SportsCenter last night or today? Another problem with fans at Wrigley. Or what about the Browns fans that covered the field with bottles a few years ago? Or the 2 White Sox fans that rushed the field and STABBED the first base coach when his back was turned? Or the Dodger fans knifing people in the parking lots. Bad fan behavior is EVERYWHERE! But we’re all assholes for throwing snowballs at Santa 45 years ago.

66. empty13 says: Aug 13, 2009 10:39 PM

kidick, yer not a stevens critic. yer just a vick supporter trying to claim the moral high ground.
    guess again, moron.
    stevens stallworth and little shoudnt be in the nfl either.

67. VoxVeritas says: Aug 13, 2009 10:52 PM

“It is not like they signed PacMan.”
    haha damn right it’s not!

68. VoxVeritas says: Aug 13, 2009 10:54 PM

Crap on Dawkins because he can’t play, give millions to a guy that hasn’t played in two years and when in his prime, pretty much sucked! Gotta love it!

69. Jackal138 says: Aug 13, 2009 11:02 PM

Uh, dude? Your QB tried to rape a Harrah’s employee. So you support rapists. I guess you should stop being a fan.

70. nflqb says: Aug 13, 2009 11:33 PM

# Jackal138 says: August 13, 2009 11:02 PM
    ////////////////////////////////////////////
    ummm gee, your breaking a story here?
    ben was found guilty in a court of law or was he being accused of raping a women?
    any women on the planet can accuse a guy of raping her, mike sick was found guilty of torturing a living breathing thing by overwhelming evidence.

71. VoxVeritas says: Aug 14, 2009 12:23 AM

“He better me a model citizen here in Philly or the fans will crucify him.”
    Right. Because they’re such morally grounded individuals.

72. VoxVeritas says: Aug 14, 2009 12:30 AM

Early incidents
    Between his selection by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2001 NFL Draft and early 2007, Vick was allegedly involved in several incidents or events:
    * In 2007, conflicting statements were made by his estranged parents about possible dogfighting activities in 2001. Michael Boddie, his father, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that around 2001, Michael Vick was staging dogfights in the garage of the family’s home in Newport News and kept fighting dogs in the family’s backyard, including injured ones which the father nursed back to health. Boddie said his son had been urged to not engage in the activity, but continued. He stated: “This is Mike’s thing. And he knows it.”[31] Within days, Michael Vick’s mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, told the Newport News Daily Press “There was no dogfighting [at our home]. There were no cages.”
    * In early 2004, two men were arrested in Virginia for distributing marijuana. The truck they were driving was registered to Michael Vick. Falcons coach Dan Reeves recalled that he lectured Vick at that time on the importance of reputation, on choosing the right friends, and on staying out of trouble for the good of his team. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution quoted Reeves as having told Vick: “You are an Atlanta Falcon…Whatever you do is going to be a reflection on all of us, not just you.”[33]
    * On October 10, 2004, Vick and the other members of his party, including employee Quanis Phillips, were at Atlanta’s Hartsfield International Airport on their way to board an AirTran flight. While they were passing through a security checkpoint with Vick, a security camera caught Phillips and Todd Harris picking up an expensive-appearing watch (either a Rolex or a fake) which belonged to Alvin Spencer, a security screener.[34] After watching the theft on a video tape, Spencer filed a police report. However, he claimed that Billy “White Shoes” Johnson, known as the Falcons’ “fixer”, interfered with the investigation.[33] Although Vick representatives declined to make him available for an Atlanta police inquiry, six days later Spencer did get the watch back from them, according to the Washington Post.[34]
    * In March 2005, Sonya Elliott filed a civil lawsuit against Vick alleging she contracted genital herpes from him in the autumn of 2002, and that he failed to inform her that he had the disease.[35] Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias “Ron Mexico” to get treatments and thus knew of his condition. On April 24, 2006, Vick’s attorney, Lawrence Woodward, revealed that the lawsuit had been settled out of court under undisclosed terms.[36] Many fans bought custom jerseys from NFL.com with Vick’s number 7 and the name “MEXICO” on the back, as a reference to his lawsuit. The NFL has since banned customizing jerseys with the name Mexico.[37]
    * November 26, 2006 – After a Falcons loss to the New Orleans Saints in the Georgia Dome, in apparent reaction to fans booing, Vick made an obscene gesture at fans, holding up two middle fingers. He was fined $10,000 by the NFL and agreed to donate another $10,000 to charity.[38]
    * January 17, 2007 – Vick surrendered a water bottle which had a hidden compartment to security personnel at Miami International Airport. “The compartment was hidden by the bottle’s label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright,” police said. Test results indicated there were no illegal substances in the water bottle and Vick was cleared of any wrongdoing.[39] Vick announced that the water bottle was a jewelry stash box, and that the substance in question had been jewelry.[40]
    * On Tuesday, April 24, 2007, Michael Vick was scheduled to lobby on Capitol Hill, hoping to persuade lawmakers to increase funding for after-school programs. However, Vick missed a connecting flight in Atlanta on Monday to Reagan National Airport in Arlington, Virginia. He later failed to show-up for another seat booked for him later that evening. On Tuesday morning, he did not attend his scheduled appearance at the congressional breakfast where he also was to be honored for his foundation’s work with after-school projects in Georgia and Virginia.[41] Vick’s mother, Brenda Vick Boddie, accepted an award from the Afterschool Alliance on her son’s behalf.

73. yoko166 says: Aug 14, 2009 1:00 AM

why is killing dogs a crime anyway when thousands of animals are killed everyday for food or in the destruction of rainforests. get over it

74. VoxVeritas says: Aug 14, 2009 1:04 AM

Hey Jackal138, you talk of hypocrisy but every time an Eagirls player goes down you make a lot of statements about others gloating about injuries. I recall a post from you where you said that it made you happy that a Cowboys rookie got hurt. I also remember you characterizing a guy’s post saying “bring it, e-girls” as an example of a Cowboy fan gloating over an injury.

75. SkinsFanInNebraska says: Aug 14, 2009 1:36 AM

I’m looking forward to seeing Brian Orakpo and Albert Haynesworth make “dog food” out of Ron Mexico in the Iggles’ backfield this fall.
    Hail!!

76. VoxVeritas says: Aug 14, 2009 1:50 AM

77. goober says: Aug 14, 2009 5:42 AM

Yeah, theres alot of bullshit to spin from this story.

78. VoxVeritas says: Aug 14, 2009 12:28 PM

79. SixBurghDude says: Aug 14, 2009 1:02 PM

It’s no wonder that franchises like this haven’t won an NFL title in 50 years! The vast majority of NFL teams wouldn’t give this FELON a tender at the veteran minimum, but the Iggles gave this thug a $7mil contract??? Couldn’t have been jammed down the throats of a more deserving fan base…Iggle fans

80. Jackal138 says: Aug 16, 2009 3:55 AM

Hey Vox,
    You hit post twice. You must be mad. I’m glad I get under your skin, because you’re a complete f&^king douchebag.