In hindsight, Jim Nantz was in the loop

As we listen to the opening portion of the Friday edition of The Dan Patrick Show, we remembered that, on Thursday, Jim Nantz of CBS seemed to be damn sure that Vick was signing with someone.

Though he said he had no inside info, we think he did.

And here’s how we think it went.

The Eagles likely wanted to watch the interview of Vick with James Brown of CBS, which likely allowed Brown to be in the loop on what was happening.  And Brown likely told Nantz in confidence.

So Nantz opted to act like he was guessing, when in fact we think he knew damn well what was going down.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories
26 Responses to “In hindsight, Jim Nantz was in the loop”
  1. Big Stretch says: Aug 14, 2009 9:26 AM

speculate much?

2. jwill007 says: Aug 14, 2009 9:31 AM

isnt that how the “sources” is suppose to work???? You should know all about that….LOL

3. mrw423 says: Aug 14, 2009 9:38 AM

How does this matter? If he knew, he knew. He was probably told not to say anything and he didn’t.

4. Shot Of Ginn says: Aug 14, 2009 9:39 AM

I fail to see how this is relevant and is even close to deserving a post. Anything to get a click I guess Florio, why don’t you brew up another fake controversy.

5. Triumph40 says: Aug 14, 2009 10:18 AM

Why is this relevant? How is this any kind of a news story? I thought this was supposed to be a rumor mill, not a place for pure speculation

6. hotchick says: Aug 14, 2009 10:23 AM

I thought we’d get a signing early next week after the 60 minutes spot aired.
    Didn’t consider that teams could ask to view it early.
    I expect Monday morning we will be talking about how dry and un-informative the interview was. If there was any juice to it, The Eagles would have stayed away. If there was anything shining a light on how changed he is, it would be part of the promotional teases.

7. Farves sweet Hair says: Aug 14, 2009 10:28 AM

In general the media sucks!

8. DT-58 says: Aug 14, 2009 10:28 AM

What’s up with all that bashing und insulting of Florio? Is it some kind of running joke? If you don’t like the stuff he posts, why dont u read s.th. different. You dont go eat at McDonalds every day to tell them afterwards how much you actually hate them. And insulting people on the internet is not cool, it makes you look like a coward, because u are probably some little jack*** who couldn’t tell him that stuff in his face. But I guess its just me…

9. Kidekk says: Aug 14, 2009 10:33 AM

“Latest News and Rumors.” I think you should add “inference” to that tab.

10. ZombieRevolution says: Aug 14, 2009 10:36 AM

“when in fact we think….”
    And this is the only “fact” to this “story”. “We” seem to be developing this site into one that looks for errors or omissions by others and ignores all of the juvenile and biased things “We” accomplish.

11. Gary says: Aug 14, 2009 10:41 AM

Who cares what Jim Nantz knew……totally a waste of time posting something like this!!!

12. realitypolice says: Aug 14, 2009 10:42 AM

Hilarious.
    So they work at the same network, therefore Brown must have told Nance.
    Given the fact that Nance is most likely at Hazeltine preparing for this weekend’s PGA coverage, and nowhere near wherever Brown did the interview, that means Brown went out of his way to specifically call him and tell him “hey, guess what? the Eagles want to screen the interview!! They must be signing him!!”
    No assumption to broad for Florio. What a douche.

13. realitypolice says: Aug 14, 2009 10:45 AM

DT-58 says:
    August 14, 2009 10:28 AM
    ————————————
    Guess that makes you a coward too.
    You’re right, Einstein, instead of posting my criticisms here, in an open forum, I should find out where Florio is, fly myself there, and tell him to his face.
    Are you implying we’re afraid to face Florio? Have you seen him? LOL

14. Rex Grossman says: Aug 14, 2009 10:58 AM

Worst post ever on this site.

15. UnstayBill says: Aug 14, 2009 11:21 AM

What DT-58 said.

16. JoeSchmoe says: Aug 14, 2009 11:34 AM

And this is important because?

17. claytonbigsby says: Aug 14, 2009 11:34 AM

Heck, by that logic, everyone was in the loop ;)

18. DT-58 says: Aug 14, 2009 11:50 AM

Guess that makes you a coward too.
    Yeah how? you should think first and then post. I might even be a coward who cares I dont go ahead and post dumb things in an “open forum”, I guess that means in an open forum you can do whatever you want, then?
    It’s not like i care at all about half the stuff he posts but whats the deal… your dads never told you how to behave and that pisses me off, I dont care if we’re in an open forum or not

19. john baker says: Aug 14, 2009 11:58 AM

since when do ‘rumors’ include this kind of stuff?

20. JaggedMark says: Aug 14, 2009 12:06 PM

That’s exactly how it went down

21. BRYAN_NELMS says: Aug 14, 2009 12:25 PM

this the worst post ever. i come to this site to hear pro football talk not crappy stories about jim nance.
    mick vick = superbowl

22. IndyWilson says: Aug 14, 2009 12:44 PM

This site is quickly becoming the TMZ of the sports world, and that is not a compliment.

23. FireJerryJones says: Aug 14, 2009 1:19 PM

Damn.

24. december says: Aug 14, 2009 4:02 PM

Maybe if you signed up with CBS instead of NBC you would have been the first with the inside scoop?
    Jealous much??

25. realitypolice says: Aug 14, 2009 5:28 PM

DT58:
    ————————
    Ummmm……read your first post where you call everyone jackasses.
    Boy, you really are stupid. We don’t care if you don’t care that we are in an open forum, if you don’t like it, go back to your comic books.

26. DT-58 says: Aug 14, 2009 8:56 PM

I guess you should read some comic books, so could at least understand what I wrote… I called everyone insulting Florio on the internet a jack***.
    Whatever, since you either don’t understand my point or you just lack the language skills, we should quit this.
    But I tell you one last thing, be a little careful who you call boy, and I mean it. I hate losers like you who talk like that on the internet and have sex with their hand every night