Bills introduce Maybin

As it turns out, T.O. was right.

Owens “reported” last night that defensive end Aaron Maybin had ended his 26-day holdout, agreeing to terms.

Though he tried to backtrack, he was right in the first place.

The Bills have signed Maybin.  Per a league source, the base value of the deal is $17.6 million over five years.  We’re told that the deal was on the table for a full week, and that it represents a ten-percent increase over the eleventh overall pick in the 2008 draft, Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin.

The team introduced Maybin at a Friday afternoon press conference.

“Ecstatic,” Maybin said when asked how he feels about the resolution of the extended impasse.  “Overjoyed.  Whatever you want to call it . . . that’s me.  I’ve been
smiling from ear to ear for the entire day.  Ever since I got off the plane
it’s just been great to be able to get back up here. It’s been
great to be able to spend some time with my teammates and they’re getting
ready to leave and head out to Green Bay. It hurts that I’m not going to
be able to go out there with them, but at least I’m back here, out here
in Orchard Park, getting ready to start up again and I’m really excited
about that.”

Maybin said that he’ll practice on Monday.

To make room for Maybin, the Bills waived defensive back Antwain Spann.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Contracts, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
8 Responses to “Bills introduce Maybin”
  1. Big Stretch says: Aug 21, 2009 3:10 PM

hopefully he gets smacked in the mouth pretty good a few times in practice, maybe that will help knock some sense into that stupid head of his

2. Tim says: Aug 21, 2009 3:15 PM

Can someone do something about this Pontiac pop up that won’t go away?

3. Buschman says: Aug 21, 2009 3:18 PM

Hey Florio,
    There is an annoying pop-up ad blocking part of your web page. It won’t close when I click close. Please fix it or I will never buy a Pontiac because of you.
    Thanks

4. WetHog says: Aug 21, 2009 3:20 PM

How is it that Maybin was holding out? To be considered a “holdout” one needs to be employeed first then walk off the job. Well Maybin wasn’t an official employee of the Bills until he signed that contract and collected his first check. So no he hasn’t been holding out. He’s been a no-show. Christ get it right.

5. Revacard says: Aug 21, 2009 3:24 PM

I wonder how open people within in an NFL team will be with Twitter. Then if an executive keeps a secret with the team, will egos clash.

6. Shademan says: Aug 21, 2009 3:32 PM

Maybin will be yet another Penn State bust

7. Dr. Michael says: Aug 21, 2009 3:50 PM

Was Tony Dungheap there? If so, does this qualify as Maybin’s first chance. I want to be clear for future reference.

8. Hype says: Aug 21, 2009 4:19 PM

# WetHog says: August 21, 2009 3:20 PM
    The Bills own the RIGHTS to Maybin. He can’t discuss contract with other teams..nor can he individually work out for teams until draft day next year..and I do believe he cant participate in the combine. So…by not signing his name on the dotted line he is holding out…ie. holding out for more money.