Chiefs-Vikings one-liners

Even though the Vikings didn’t have DE Jared Allen in the lineup, the Chiefs offensive line couldn’t keep the pass rush off of QB Matt Cassel.

In spite of the pressure, Cassel showed he can move the Chiefs offense and threw a touchdown pass to WR Dwayne Bowe.

Chiefs coach Todd Haley also pointed to turnovers and penalties as reasons for offensive struggles.

LB Corey Mays benefited from a more aggressive Chiefs approach on defense

Chiefs K Ryan Succop nailed all three field goal tries and has consistently put his kickoffs into the end zone.

Said Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson, who finished with a perfect 158.3 passer rating, “You never really know in this league exactly what’s
going to take place
. I feel like I didn’t have nothing to lose. Just
went out there and had fun, pretty much.”

Vikings WR Percy Harvin debuted with two receptions and two kickoff returns for 53 yards.

Vikings DB Benny Sapp had three tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in the first half.

The Vikings left RB Adrian Peterson on the field for more of the first half this week, and he gained 44 yards on 10 carries.

Vikings WR Darius Reynaud flashed some big play ability, catching a 64-yard touchdown from Jackson and setting up a field goal with a 24-yard catch off a throw from QB John David Booty.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Chiefs-Vikings one-liners”
  1. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Aug 22, 2009 12:01 PM

While it’s only pre-season and after 3 practices, this is most likely a realistic preview of what Bert will look like on the Vikings. He’ll be picking up right where he left off, only this time he didn’t workout and get himself into top shape, missed a lot of camp and is one year older. I don’t understand why the Vikings think he’s even close to being at the top of his game when he’s already said he doesn’t want to deal with the grind, but could play on Sundays. Sorry, but at 40, you need to be fully committed, not a part time QB.
    It will be fun to watch the disaster unfold. The real question is, will Childo have the balls to bench him? I doubt it given that Favre tells him what to do, not the other way around.

2. funkydunkleman says: Aug 22, 2009 12:10 PM

Sigh. Another disgruntled, jealous Packer fan.

3. Alpheratz says: Aug 22, 2009 12:40 PM

Probably just a disgusted Packers fan.
    The Pack is happy to be rid of the nonsense, that’s why they dumped him to begin with.
    I doubt they’re jealous.

4. MyVersionTheTruth says: Aug 22, 2009 1:08 PM

I know lots of Packer fans and I mean lots and almost all of them now agree that they were wrong on Favre, and they wish they would have kept him My guess is the ones who do not say so are lying to themselves. The packers are not disgusted they are sad and envious I believe the expression is sour grapes cheese heads. You all wasted a decade of a good players career you owed him better than that.

5. DeweyGeddaroom says: Aug 22, 2009 1:47 PM

Nice suck up to the boss there Alper: throwing in a line on an ex-Mountaineer. I’m surprised that Jackson’s performance wasn’t described as Pat White-esque.

6. CanadianVikingFan says: Aug 22, 2009 4:01 PM

Unless Favre is in 100% shape and knows the plays and recievers inside and out he should not start against Cleveland in week 1. But I don’t want him to play anyway..

7. JimmySmith says: Aug 22, 2009 9:58 PM

How come when anybody complains about Favre, he is automatically a jealous Packer fan. We hapen to think T Jack Off is a steaming pile of dog shit too and that doesn’t make us jealous for that observation does it?

8. Tabemaju says: Aug 22, 2009 10:35 PM

Jimmy, in your case you make it abundantly apparent that you have some deep seeded emotional issue with the Vikings, and you’re able to do this by way of message board. Congratulations. Is it jealousy, stupidity, or obsession? If I were a psych major, I would go with option D) You’re a douche.
    Anyway, on to the game.
    I though Tarvaris looked really sloppy. He put up some good numbers, but he seemed to oftentimes have the deer in headlights look. He had one notably nice throw to Shank just outside the reach of defenders (not the TD throw), but everything else just seemed… given to him.
    I didn’t expect much from Favre, and he performed about as well as I thought he could, given the circumstances. He was most obviously playing it safe, as I think he was afraid of being crucified if he tossed a 50-yard pick.
    The Vikings had the same issue they had all last season, they controlled the run game and broke against the pass. They were sloppy with penalties – again, not surprised.
    Sage looked good last game, but I still worry about his grasp of the offense — he reminds me of Gus Frerotte, and I only hope he proves that wrong (I’m still not confident how he’ll hold up against heavy pressure). While I’m not a huge Favre supporter by any means, I think Sage needs a year before he’s viable, and Favre is better than what we have. I’m definitely in the, “eh, if there’s nothing else, I guess I’m fine with it.” Unfortunately, there is nothing else at the moment.

9. kingart27 says: Aug 23, 2009 2:38 AM

Tabemaju…..well said all around.

10. sand0 says: Aug 23, 2009 6:13 AM

Favre had 4 pass plays and each time the pressure was right in his face and each time he at least got rid of it.
    I am not concerned by Favre’s play at all. 4 passes after 2 practices and it would be a shocker if he did well on them. What concerns me was the inability of the offense to provide him an open outlet or at least a couple seconds to let plays develop.
    The only thing he did wrong in my mind is that he could have had AP for a big time gain on that one he threw to Jaymar. Check the replay. If he had checked down to AP, who ran a fantastic route, it could have been a monster play.

11. jimicos says: Aug 24, 2009 11:34 AM

MyVersionTheTruth says:
    August 22, 2009 1:08 PM
    —————————
    Your version of the truth is wildly inaccurate. Look at Rodgers’ performance last season and compare it with Favre’s in 2007 (with largely the same players). It’s very close. Fewer interceptions, younger guy and more of a team player. If you actually do know that many Packers fans who think there was a mistake made on Favre, you’ve been hanging out at this place: http://www.co.brown.wi.us/departments/?department=9f137b00db43

12. jimicos says: Aug 24, 2009 11:36 AM

sand0 says:
    August 23, 2009 6:13 AM
    —————————
    Prepare to be saying this type of thing all season long. Given a choice between a well-covered deep receiver and an open check-down, Favre will invariably take the covered receiver.