New e-mails from Roethsliberger accuser are the most damaging yet

With every new day, a new development seems to unfold in the sexual assault civil action against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and a battalion of employees at Harrah’s in Lake Tahoe.

And with each development, the claims made by the woman accusing Roethlisberger of sexual assault seem to become weaker.

Though we’ve yet to see a smoking gun, the most recent series of e-mails produced as exhibits to a motion, filed today, to dismiss the claims against several of the Harrah’s employees is perhaps the closest thing we’ve seen to evidence directly refuting the notion that Roethlisberger raped the plaintiff.

In an e-mail that the accuser sent to Guy Hyder, Harrah’s director of security, on the very day the alleged rape occurred, the accuser typed, “Ben is so effing hot and I am so bored.”

Then, two days after the alleged rape, the accuser joked that she was quitting her job and moving to Pittsburgh because she was pregnant with Roethlisberger’s child.

“You can be the god father . . . Uncle Guy,” the accuser wrote in the next e-mail that she sent.

In another e-mail, the accuser wrote, “Hail Mary full of grace give me the strength to not go to his room to fix his television.”  (The timing of this e-mail isn’t clear.  If it was sent before the alleged assault, then this might very well be a smoking gun.)

Look, Calvin Dunlap can hire if he so chooses a 53-man roster full of experts who’ll testify that rape victims sometimes make light of the trauma they’ve suffered as a coping mechanism.  But when the broad array of behaviors in which the accuser engaged after the fact is coupled with an e-mail written prior to the alleged rape in which the accuser comes off like a modern-day Mae West, something is very wrong with this picture.

On one hand, we don’t want to say anything that might keep actual rape victims from coming forward.  On the other hand, we’re beginning to fear that this specific case could set back the broader cause by several decades, since the circumstantial evidence seems to be pointing to a conclusion that anything that happened between Roethlisberger and his accuser was consensual.  And so when the plaintiff’s claim fails — and fail we now believe it likely will — women who truly have been victimized might decide to remain silent based solely on the fact that Roethlisberger’s accuser wasn’t able to make her apparently trumped-up charges stick.

Permalink 81 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
81 Responses to “New e-mails from Roethsliberger accuser are the most damaging yet”
  1. Fike Mlorio says: Aug 26, 2009 10:51 PM

this woman is disgusting and should be locked up herself

2. EskinSux says: Aug 26, 2009 10:52 PM

“Ben is so effing hot and I am so bored.”
    ——————————————
    Hell, Vox says this about Romo everyday on here…..

3. Abe Froeman says: Aug 26, 2009 10:53 PM

This just isn’t good.

4. Philtration says: Aug 26, 2009 10:54 PM

Are you sure those were not Hines Ward’s emails that you are reading?

5. Sandy Eggo Eagle says: Aug 26, 2009 10:55 PM

Wow. Who would have thought this? My question is, who planted this “rape” idea into the “victim’s” head. I have to believe she didn’t come up with this alone. If I were Ben, I’d find a way to get an email saying “You’re so effin sued b****”
    Just another crazy woman going after another teflon athlete. Ridiculous.

6. spyboots says: Aug 26, 2009 10:58 PM

She told Ben’s “butler” the day BEFORE she was allegedly raped that Ben had invited her to his room and that she wanted to go but asked him if she’d be fired if she did.
    Then AFTER the “incident,” she told another co-worker that her only concern was whether the butlers had seen her leaving his room after having had sex with him.

7. southernboi727 says: Aug 26, 2009 10:59 PM

8. Fike Mlorio says: Aug 26, 2009 11:00 PM

lmfao eskinsux

9. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Aug 26, 2009 11:01 PM

I’d love to Rick Pitino that Andrea McNulty.

10. Darth Ringo says: Aug 26, 2009 11:03 PM

“and fail we now believe it likely will”
    Nice sentence structure, Yoda
    Seriously though, I 100% agree lawsuits like this hurt real victims of real sexual assault. We cannot allow actual rapists to slip through the cracks because society becomes numb & jaded, and the word “rape” becomes a punch line.

11. meezle says: Aug 26, 2009 11:06 PM

Gameover you lose….

12. ItalianArmyGuy says: Aug 26, 2009 11:07 PM

Smoking gun, from the Associated Press story tonight:
    “In another e-mail exchange with Hyder, she reportedly wrote, ‘Hail Mary full of grace give me the strength to not go to his room to fix his television.’

13. Stone Ln says: Aug 26, 2009 11:08 PM

ESPN is looking smarter everyday for showing restraint and not jumping all over a sensational story with no merit.

14. kayC says: Aug 26, 2009 11:14 PM

These emails were mass distributed to Harrah’s employees, whom Cal Dunlap had certainly interviewed while building his case against Ben, and in spite of these emails (and others) he continued to pursue the case… All of the sudden Ben’s lawyer asking for sanctions to be brought against Dunlap for misconduct doesn’t seem quite so bombastic. The ridiculous abuse of the US judicial system needs to stop somewhere. Ambulance-chasers like Dunlap who make a living by harassing and extorting wealthy individuals seem like a good enough place to start.

15. spyboots says: Aug 26, 2009 11:17 PM

@ Sandy Eggo Eagle:
    A woman’s thoughts on this:
    She later found out her email “soldier” was fake (broken heart, hospitalized). Remember in the emails she said she could have Ben instead if she wanted to? Well, when her dreams of going fishing with Ben and her fantasies of having his kid and moving to Pittsburgh, etc., didn’t materialize, she decided to take it out on Ben. He evidently didn’t take her fishing and didn’t follow up in any way.
    Think about the timing of it. Yes, I know they said they had to wait for him to get back to Nevada but — she was also probably hoping for a phone call from him, saying he’d be back for this year’s tournament, let’s get together, etc. He didn’t call or want any kind of serious relationship with her. So she’s getting back at him. He hurt her, so she wants to hurt him by trying to make him pay by causing negative publicity for him and with $$$$$.
    “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”

16. DanRooney says: Aug 26, 2009 11:19 PM

Aww now I can’t hear anymore rapistburger jokes.
    “Rapistburger”
    hehehehehehe

17. Alpheratz says: Aug 26, 2009 11:25 PM

These false rape charges should be prosecuted a bit more harshly than they currently are.

18. spyboots says: Aug 26, 2009 11:25 PM

@Florio re: In another e-mail, the accuser wrote, “Hail Mary full of grace give me the strength to not go to his room to fix his television.” (The timing of this e-mail isn’t clear. If it was sent before the alleged assault, then this might very well be a smoking gun.)
    Here’s my take on it:
    Since he apparently asked her to come to his room the day before, but she would be fired for entering a guest’s room (not for work purposes but for having sex), this was the cover story they came up with. She’d pretend/say it was to fix the TV.
    Later, she twisted this cover story around.

19. Maverick says: Aug 26, 2009 11:27 PM

Is he married or single?

20. purple haze harvin says: Aug 26, 2009 11:30 PM

“Ben is so effing hot and I am so bored.”
    ——————————————
    Hell, Vox says this about Romo everyday on here…..-
    ——————–
    ——————
    Shit! This sound like Florio with regards to Brett Favre!

21. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Aug 26, 2009 11:33 PM

There needs to be a way to send obviously false accusers like this to jail without discouraging real victims to come forward. It is so not cool that this chick can bring forth totally bogus allegations like this with no repercussions whatsoever. The worst this woman is going to have to do is pay her lawyer some money, and if it goes to trial, maybe not even that. Ridiculous. This woman needs to sit in jail for wasting everyone’s time and ruining Ben’s reputation.

22. EdReed4prez says: Aug 26, 2009 11:49 PM

Southernboi727- I believe you’ve missed the point of this article sir.

23. i'm president charlie! says: Aug 26, 2009 11:57 PM

“Ben is so effin hot”
    and
    Ben is so effin CLUTCH!!

24. Rezen says: Aug 27, 2009 12:21 AM

My biggest concern about this whole “story” is that the emails produced are being produced by “Guy Hyder, Harrah’s DIRECTOR OF SECURITY” (emphasis added).
    Harrah’s has a specific interest in the outcome of this case. How can we be sure that these emails weren’t fabricated or altered, specifically content or timestamps? Can we honestly trust the integrity of these emails, given the source and nature of the case?
    That’s not to even go to the whole concept of an employee bragging to the DIRECTOR OF SECURITY of the company she works for that she had sex on company premises during her shift/working hours.
    I’m not saying that the accuser isn’t lying or trying to make a buck. She very well may be. However, she’s just one woman (and possibly a manipulative lawyer) going up against a Casino, the NFL’s defending Superbowl Champion’s starting QB, and in indirect ways, the NFL, the Steelers, and even Obama (given he appointed Rooney to an ambassadorship…) Even if she was raped (and I’m not saying she was or wasn’t… just playing devil’s advocate here), do you honestly think she’d win?

25. EdgarSnyder says: Aug 27, 2009 12:24 AM

dumbasss chick is being seen as the skank gold-digger she really is.
    Her attorney is crossing over into sanction-ville if s/he isn’t careful. I bet a voluntary dismissal is being drafted as we speak.

26. DC_Bengals_Fan says: Aug 27, 2009 12:25 AM

I don’t even like Rottenburger, but it looks like this is complete BS.
    This is exhibit A in why you don’t get involved with women who are missing a little upstairs.

27. ItalianArmyGuy says: Aug 27, 2009 12:31 AM

Some interesting data in the Motion to Dismiss filed by head of security Guy Hyder and the other 6 Harrah’s employees yesterday (available online at: http://rgj.com/assets/pdf/J7141271826.PDF) -
    The Motion to Dismiss claims that “going to his room to ‘fix’ his television set was just part of Andrea’s scheme” – showing that the broken TV idea may have been mentioned to Hyder in one of McNulty’s emails prior to July 11th. (p. 4).
    “Hyder acknowledges that Plaintiff told him she’d had sex with Roethlisberger, but there was no ‘distress, sobbing or crying.’ In fact, Plaintiff seemed happy and excited about it, having desired it and carried it out to completion” (p. 5).
    “In fact, Plaintiff kept Hyder informed with running email commentary about her plan to have sex with Roethlisberger” (p. 5).
    This one is interesting: “In fact, Hyder did no ‘investigation’ because there was nothing to investigate, and a report would have resulted in Plaintiff’s termination” (having sex with hotel guests was a fireable offense at Harrah’s) (p. 5).
    “Since Plaintiff kept Hyder informed that her encounter with Roelhlisberger was consensual, there was nothing to investigate and no “evidence” to preserve” (p. 6).
    “If Plaintiff was afraid of the consequences, at work, of reporting a rape to the police then how does she explain her having purportedly reported it to the Chief of Security at work, where such a report would have much more immediate consequences to her work” (she would have been fired for having sex with a hotel guest) (p. 6).
    Her reason for requesting medical leave from work was listed as “bereavement”, which was “completely inconsistent with an alleged rape, but completely consistent with her mental state after finding out that her ‘soldier’ boyfriend was a complete fabrication” (p. 7)

28. BigBaldPapaHawk says: Aug 27, 2009 12:32 AM

I hate big ben but this woman needs to go to jail for pushing her lies on the man and his family. That is not right at all.

29. Pantherfan10 says: Aug 27, 2009 12:32 AM

Stone Ln says:
    August 26, 2009 11:08 PM
    ———-
    It’s because Big Ben is also employed by espn; I’m pretty sure they came out and said it was in their best interest to not report. Might of come from another news source (other than ESPN) but I’ve heard this several times.

30. dustylaker says: Aug 27, 2009 12:34 AM

Because society tends to initially assume that no woman would lie about rape, those who do bring false accusations and are found to have done so should be sent to jail themselves.
    I’ve never forced so much as a kiss on a woman yet once spent 15,000.00 getting a charge of sexual harassment by a woman employee who was terminated a week after being hired for missing 3 of 5 days and being more than an hour late the other two days, dismissed.
    I didn’t hire her, didn’t fire her. Never met her.I was in Europe on vacation. But my name was on the door.
    Women like these make it hard to believe those who are telling the truth. They should be held accountable.

31. ItalianArmyGuy says: Aug 27, 2009 12:51 AM

More data in the Motion for Sanctions filed by Roethlisberger yesterday (available online at: http://rgj.com/assets/pdf/J7141277826.PDF) -
    “Plaintiff told her co-workers that she wanted to visit Mr. Roethlisberger in his room. (Declaration of William Santos (“Santos Aff.”), ¶ 18.)” (p. 4)
    “Plaintiff was excited about the prospect of having sex with Mr. Roethlisberger and joked with her co-workers about doing so. (Santos Aff. ¶¶ 15, 16, 17, 18 and 20; Affidavit of Guy Hyder (“Hyder Aff.”), ¶ 12; Declaration of Stacy Dingman (“Dingman Dec.”), ¶¶ 16, 17.) (p. 4)
    Her statement to Ben the Soldier, her alleged fictional online boyfriend who was the alleged cause of her mental hospitalization: “On December 15, 2008, Plaintiff also told Soldier Ben, ‘I am being honest … I flew home immediately after our last conversation and showed up a mess. I was hollow, sad, tearful, and heartbroken that I just spent one year devoted to someone that I would never meet. My parents were so worried. … I went home. I didnt talk. I didnt feel. I didnt laugh. the thought of never finding you killed me inside and out. after all of this time. I couldnt eat. couldnt sleep. for weeks. then becky and ward took me to the hospital with Jack in Reno. I was there for a week. and then transferred to St. Helena in Napa Valley for the remainder. … and I kept your picture under my pillow. the whole time.’ ” (p. 7)
    Dunlap’s alleged extortion letter to Harrah’s: “It is our hope that we can work with you … to resolve this situation in a professional manner with the least harm to all concerned. Our client is currently struggling with whether or not she wants to come forward and seek criminal prosecution of the celebrity. That decision will be made in the future when we are better able to assess the impact of such a course of action on her. In the meantime, I am reporting this matter to the proper authorities with minimal specifics and without specifically identifying our client or the celebrity so as to ‘shield’ her privacy for now.” (p. 9)

32. FumbleNuts says: Aug 27, 2009 12:55 AM

Andrea McSluty, the game is up playa’ you and your City Slicker lawyer. BAAAAHAAA!

33. Twiz says: Aug 27, 2009 1:23 AM

Florio writes : “On one hand, we don’t want to say anything that might keep actual rape victims from coming forward. On the other hand, we’re beginning to fear that this specific case could set back the broader cause by several decades, since the circumstantial evidence seems to be pointing to a conclusion that anything that happened between Roethlisberger and his accuser was consensual. And so when the plaintiff’s claim fails — and fail we now believe it likely will — women who truly have been victimized might decide to remain silent based solely on the fact that Roethlisberger’s accuser wasn’t able to make her apparently trumped-up charges stick.”
    I have an idea……quit reporting this crap and you won’t have to worry about what you have in either hand!

34. BenRapistberger says: Aug 27, 2009 1:29 AM

If anyone asks, you fixed my tv.

35. jimicos says: Aug 27, 2009 2:34 AM

Am I the only one getting a chubby over this story?

36. Raider Pride says: Aug 27, 2009 2:49 AM

Mr. Florio.
    Even if she drops the case… She still has fall back options to make monies.
    The panties she wore that night would go for at least $19,000 on E-Bay.
    The winning bid of course would be from Big Ben himself…. Purchased through a third party.
    It would be a great investment for Ben from a motivational factor this season.
    There is nothing like the panty smell of success in the morning…. To get Ben fired up for a road game and a fresh hotel staff.

37. Alabama leprechaun says: Aug 27, 2009 3:54 AM

I am so glad the truth has come out.
    I love sunshine, puppy dogs, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. And my little pony.

38. pueblonative says: Aug 27, 2009 5:43 AM

Of course, never mind the fact that Ben might have had his reputation dragged through the mud and been labeled, albeit civilly, a sexual predator. We’ll just worry about all the “potential” real victims here. Sounds about par for the course

39. solman says: Aug 27, 2009 5:50 AM

I fail to see how this specific case could “set back” the broader cause. For legitimate victims, there would be no smoking evidence, as in this case, that they had clearly fabricated their supposed rape. This woman is lying and is clearly mentally unbalanced. To equate her “experience” with that of a legitimate rape victim is absurd. I don’t believe that victims who have actually been raped will have their cause damaged by the foolishness of this one, sadly misguided, woman.

40. faulkn22 says: Aug 27, 2009 6:27 AM

As a third party… (not a Steelers fan, Big Ben fan, or a Ben Hater) I can’t help but ask a question or two.
    #1. Does a rape victim always think they’re attacker is ugly? Of course not. I’m sure people have been raped by people they found extremely attractive. How she feels about him, or whatever, has absolutely no bearing on a case like this.
    #2. Ben could have already said something about “fixing his television” which is where the lingo could have come from prior to the event.
    Really, these bombshell emails look like plea’s from the defendant and co to swipe this out of the way before it hits court. I just don’t see the relevance of any of this, If I were a juror these emails really wouldn’t do anything for me, period.
    Do I think she was raped? No, I don’t. But these emails don’t make me think that way. All these say is that somewhere along the lines, someone used the “fix the tv” slang (this does not prove she started that saying between the two of them), and that she found him attractive). That’s it.
    I believe he asked her, she said yes, felt dirty and embarassed about it later, and then when her co-workers harassed her, she flipped and pressed charges. I’d concentrate on proving that instead of pushing these rediculously non-bombshell emails.

41. Inept_guy says: Aug 27, 2009 6:29 AM

southernboi727 says:
    “This is why I come to this website. This some good s&*& right here. This whole thing is because Ben thought with the wrong head. Big Ben ain’t denying he hit but that it was consensual. I can’t wait for this to go to trial. This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy worse than dogfighting.”
    I totally agree, Andrea McNulty should get a lifetime ban from the NFL.
    What a jackass.

42. Elmagister says: Aug 27, 2009 6:52 AM

Stone Ln says:
    August 26, 2009 11:08 PM
    ————————————————–
    Wrong. When a super bowl winning QB is accused of rape, whether he is guilty or not, it’s a story worth reporting. They could have reported it without implying guilt or innocence…you know…like every other legitimate news outlet did when it happened.

43. FFF says: Aug 27, 2009 7:47 AM

Shame on you NBC for the following in this case:
    1. Not just reporting it but obsessing with it.
    2. Calling out another news outlet for not reporting it.
    3. Bragging about how many hits your site got because of it.
    Even if it was true, which it was obvious it wasn’t, you were way out of bounds.

44. FFF says: Aug 27, 2009 7:50 AM

What’s up with this headline?
    “most damaging yet”
    People don’t want to read about the girl, they want to read about the Steelers QB so the headline should have been something along the lines of :
    “claims lose merit”
    “Ben’s story gaining strength”
    I dont think tmz would do a smear campaign this bad.

45. FFF says: Aug 27, 2009 7:51 AM

http://www.fantasy-football-first.com has been all over you guys here at PFT for how you handled this.
    They put you all in the “Junkyard of the Week” on a recent podcast.

46. tt0074958 says: Aug 27, 2009 8:11 AM

I expect an apology to ESPN is forthcoming from this website, if this whole thing turns out to be a non-story, as looks likely. After all, it appears that the editorial judgment that they exercised is far greater than this site. At the very least, an apology for getting too far in front of this story. I don’t expect either of those to happen, though. After all, you didn’t seem to learn anything from the Kobe Bryant or Duke Lacrosse stories, did you? You weren’t exactly forthcoming about your interest in going after ESPN either, were you?

47. IStateYourName says: Aug 27, 2009 8:16 AM

How come you never hear about all the other Quarterback’s TV repairmen? R-burger must have the IQ of a potato.

48. mrmagoo says: Aug 27, 2009 8:21 AM

I know many have been less than kind as it pertains to her physical beauty.
    Let ye without sin cast the first bone.

49. EYEisPOED says: Aug 27, 2009 8:32 AM

Doesn’t say much for Big Ben that he did the deed with this pooch…look at her…what was he thinking…

50. Dr. Michael says: Aug 27, 2009 8:43 AM

Florio-you’re a barrister..at what point does she face charges for filing false claims? I’m so sick of reading about women who do this and face nothing.

51. dcfan-1212450 says: Aug 27, 2009 8:50 AM

I think this is one of those cases where the woman wanted Ben. She wanted to have sex with him. Then when it came time, it wasn’t comfortable. It wasn’t the way she wanted. And instead of saying no she took it. And after talking about it, thinking about it, she didn’t think of it as a mistake but instead as rape. The girl with Kobe Bryant probably did the same. Just because someone wants to sleep with an athlete or star doesnt mean that if it happens, its the way they wanted. This kind of thing happens all the time. This woman decided to make it a case. And like Kobe Bryants accuser, they will wish they never did.

52. Dr. Michael says: Aug 27, 2009 8:50 AM

EyeisPoed-Agreed…she looks like Droopy Dog with greasy, oily blonde hair.

53. mlegue810 says: Aug 27, 2009 8:53 AM

I don’t think this woman’s case would cause an actual rape victim to decide one way or another whether to seek help. I believe that decision is usually based on their fear of further encounters with the rapist, or on the very private nature of the offense and the continued violation of her body and privacy that goes along with the investigation. Not to mention the humiliation that can be endured if the police are uncooperative, or just flat out don’t believe her.
    If this lady is lying, it needs to come out for Big Ben’s sake.

54. EdgarSnyder says: Aug 27, 2009 9:10 AM

FFF says:
    August 27, 2009 7:47 AM
    Shame on you NBC for the following in this case:
    1. Not just reporting it but obsessing with it.
    2. Calling out another news outlet for not reporting it.
    3. Bragging about how many hits your site got because of it.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55. meezle says: Aug 27, 2009 9:11 AM

Is the director of security still employed there.
    Something to think about,
    If he is, and it is against company policy to have relations with a guest, and he knew about it, he should’ve been disciplined/fired once this came out.
    If he had came forward before, they might have been able to can her earlier and possibly avoided this whole thing if she indeed did have sex and admitted it through email.
    In his position he would know this, makes me wonder, just a tinnie bit.
    I am completely neutral, just looking at both sides

56. Holeinone09 says: Aug 27, 2009 9:20 AM

Some of you posters really crack me up. Why would Ben’s attorney fabricate emails and texts? People go to jail for doing stuff like that.
    The bottom line is that the woman is lying and her attorney is a scumbag. I don’t see any of them coming out with strong rebuttals of all these texts and emails. Both of them should spend some time in the slammer for causing this and for dinging Ben’s reputation.
    And if any woman is ever raped, please for God sakes go right to the hospital and police and get your evidence on the record immediately!

57. Krow says: Aug 27, 2009 9:20 AM

Careful folks… no one knows the facts… or what’s true and what’s spin.

58. stiller43 says: Aug 27, 2009 9:45 AM

Yeah, that makes sense, Florio.
    “Some other lady’s a moron and falsely accused a celebrity of raping her and couldn’t make the charges stick, so I won’t come forward with my actual charges.”
    Yeah, thanks Florio. That makes a lot of sense.

59. FBGeek77 says: Aug 27, 2009 10:25 AM

Dr. Michael says:
    August 27, 2009 8:43 AM
    ====================
    Dr. Michael,
    I am no lawyer, so I could be wrong, but I think in a case where no criminal complaint is filed, the accuser can’t be charged with a crime if it turns out the civil complaint is baseless. Ben and Harrah’s, on the other hand, could choose to file a civil complaint against her for defamation. But I think to be criminally charged for filing false claims, the false claims must have been criminally filed.

60. Frank Burns says: Aug 27, 2009 10:36 AM

She’s toast. Like any of us with half a brain didn’t know how full o’ crap this whole thing was.
    Now again I must ask… where IS that “Big Ben Sexgate” clown now? Here piggie piggie… here piggie piggie…

61. ItalianArmyGuy says: Aug 27, 2009 10:39 AM

meezle says: August 27, 2009 9:11 AM
    Is the director of security still employed there.
    Something to think about,
    In his position he would know this, makes me wonder, just a tinnie bit.
    I am completely neutral, just looking at both sides
    ===================
    I was thinking the same thing – if these emails are true, they reflect badly on the Security Chief, who could have avoided all these problems a long time ago by following company policy and reporting her for her activities with the guest.
    However, since he was named in the lawsuit, he probably has little choice but to confess to his violations of company policy in defense against her allegations.

62. ItalianArmyGuy says: Aug 27, 2009 10:44 AM

FBGeek77 says: August 27, 2009 10:25 AM
    Dr. Michael says:
    August 27, 2009 8:43 AM
    ====================
    Dr. Michael,
    =====================
    Interstate extortion and blackmail (from Nevada to PA) is probably a federal crime (serious felony), with big jailtime in a federal prison. Not to mention that the lawyers already have cast doubt on her immigration papers from Canada – fraudulent immigration is a very serious federal offense. She could be facing much worse penalties than he ever has, depending on how the FBI and Dept. of Justice views all this stuff.
    Be interesting to see what happens in the Rick Pitino blackmail case – it is being investigated by the FBI, and may give some clue about how this case will eventually be viewed.

63. CapsLockKey says: Aug 27, 2009 10:45 AM

Maude Lebowski: Lord. You can imagine where it goes from here.
    The Dude: She fixes the TV?
    Maude Lebowski: Don’t be fatuous, Jeffrey.

64. Frank Burns says: Aug 27, 2009 10:46 AM

BenRapistberger says:
    August 27, 2009 1:29 AM
    If anyone asks, you fixed my tv.
    ——————————-
    Gettin’ a little harder to keep the nickname game goin’ now huh?

65. Audacityoftoast says: Aug 27, 2009 10:55 AM

“On the other hand, we’re beginning to fear that this specific case could set back the broader cause by several decades”
    Florio – who is this “we” in “we’re”? Do you employ a panel of legal experts, sociologists, psychiatrists, and civil rights activists compiled to go over the Roethlisberger case specifically and it’s greater impact on sexual assault cases and how it pertains to history? If so, great job.
    If not, maybe you could start leaving the “we” out of your blogs. You’re not thinking with your dipstick, Jimmy.
    Additionally, wouldn’t you agree that a person defending himself has the right to do so…especially in a situation where he (at least believes) is innocent? The way you approach this story seems to be from an angle of “Roethlisberger should settle”.
    Perhaps just a drop of objectivity and professionalism could vault you from near-nobody to d-list celeb. Just trying to help.

66. hayward giablommi says: Aug 27, 2009 11:17 AM

“Gettin’ a little harder to keep the nickname game goin’ now huh? ”
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would suggest Big Ben Bangs Beasts.

67. texasPHINSfan says: Aug 27, 2009 11:25 AM

GREAT point florio.
    it is sad, but true. This girl is doing some damage to the legitimacy of rape. High profile cases like this where the woman cries “wolf” will just water-down any future claims by other women.
    so, accuser-chick: take a bow. you’ve managed to irritate/piss off the entire male community AND the female community. Good luck finding work from here on out as well.

68. ItalianArmyGuy says: Aug 27, 2009 11:26 AM

CapsLockKey says: August 27, 2009 10:45 AM
    Maude Lebowski: Lord. You can imagine where it goes from here.
    The Dude: She fixes the TV?
    Maude Lebowski: Don’t be fatuous, Jeffrey.
    ==================
    Holy crap, its as if the Cohen brothers themselves wrote it. I haven’t laughed so hard reading mindless sports drivel in ages

69. Fan_Of_ Four says: Aug 27, 2009 12:03 PM

This woman sounds perfect for Vick.

70. Frank Burns says: Aug 27, 2009 12:20 PM

hayward giablommi says:
    August 27, 2009 11:17 AM
    “Gettin’ a little harder to keep the nickname game goin’ now huh? ”
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would suggest Big Ben Bangs Beasts.
    ———————————–
    ‘least Ben doesn’t knock ‘em up and walk away, if ya know what I mean.

71. hayward giablommi says: Aug 27, 2009 1:27 PM

@ Frank Burns
    I know exactly what you mean, namely you as a Pittsburgher will twist whatever facts you can to prop up your guy and twist facts to knock someone from the Patriots. A quick search online will spit out all sorts of celebri-garbage articles about how much time Brady and Giselle spend with his son, too much per the baby-mama.
    Wrong again, Frank, and please apologize for causing me go to such emasculating lengths to prove you wrong.

72. Deb says: Aug 27, 2009 2:36 PM

To answer your question Maverick (if you’re still around) Ben is single.
    The people wondering whether Harrah’s employees or Ben’s legal team have doctored the time stamps or otherwise fabricated the e-mails should go back and read McNulty’s original 36-page complaint. You could drive a truck through the holes in her story.
    I’ve spent time with dozens of sexual assault victims and her story didn’t ring true from the beginning. Every time a woman makes a false rape accusation (which happens more than people realize), it desensitizes potential jurors to REAL rape victims. McNulty’s attorney had ample opportunity to check out her story prior to filing and deserves sanctioning. And she’s not so unstable that she couldn’t see the possibility for a big payoff, so she deserves any legal repercussions that come her way whether it’s deportation or a suit for defamation or both. The only way to stop people from filing false claims is to give them something to lose.

73. spyboots says: Aug 27, 2009 2:47 PM

@BenRapistberger: “If anyone asks, you fixed my tv.”
    Yes, that was the cover story they had agreed on using when she eagerly agreed to go to his room.
    @Maverick “I have a question for those of you here more knowledgeable about Roethsliberger than I am. Is he married or single?”
    He’s single.
    @faulkn22
    The emails show that she lied.

74. tj.52 says: Aug 27, 2009 3:09 PM

hayward giablommi says:
    August 27, 2009 11:17 AM
    “Gettin’ a little harder to keep the nickname game goin’ now huh? ”
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would suggest Big Ben Bangs Beasts.
    ——————————————————–
    - Big Ben Fuglybanger

75. Frank Burns says: Aug 27, 2009 3:12 PM

hayward giablommi says:
    August 27, 2009 1:27 PM
    @ Frank Burns
    ———————————-
    Well, you can dish it out about someone else’s player, but look what happens when somebody hits YOUR guy… wahhhhhhhhh!
    Tsk tsk.
    Oh and… babychums.com? Nice source there. What’s next, Woman’s Wear Weekly? Ha ha.
    Little reality check here… what is being said about Ben IS NOT PROVEN, and is being exposed as a lie day by day. Unlike what happened with your guy, which is established fact.
    Kind of like, you know, the Patriots were busted for violating league rules on video-cam cheating. It happened, and it’s fact. Not speculation.

76. hayward giablommi says: Aug 27, 2009 4:05 PM

@ Frank Burns
    I’ve said all along that he is probably guilty of ONLY banging ugly chicks, bro. My apologies if you find that to be such a slanderous crime against humanity, but you’d be better off just accepting it and moving on, rather than the typical “find a way to blame a Patriot” game.
    So let me get this straight…Roethlisberger being accused of rape leads to you introducing the inevitable camera-hunt talk? How mature, and productive.
    God, those losses on your home field in ’01 and ’04 AFCCG’s must REALLY sting, eh? Come on Frank, man up.

77. Frank Burns says: Aug 27, 2009 5:09 PM

Aw hayward, pretending you’re not hurt by all this? C’mon. And believe me, nothing stung like last year’s whooping the Steelers laid on you. Welker know where he is yet?
    Really I was just using Cameragate as a comparison example — something that REALLY happened, versus something imagined, like with Ben. That’s all. Next time read more carefully.

78. hayward giablommi says: Aug 27, 2009 7:14 PM

Well Frank I will make your afternoon and tell you that not only was I at that game last year, but between the cold November rain and the asskicking on the field, it was easily the most miserable experience of the 27 NE games I have been to. But it wasn’t January, and the Pats were playing with house money last year w/o Brady. Come on now, I know you enjoyed beating NE and all, but you’re not really comparing last year to ’01 and ’04 are you?
    “But my question is: if you’re so innocent and all, whaddya you doin’ stirrin’ things up on this thread period? ”
    Long slow workdays will do that to you I guess. Just messing with you guys like everyone else messes with us…since I figured you can handle it and all.

79. spyboots says: Aug 27, 2009 8:08 PM

“Those losses on your home field in ’01 and ’04 AFCCG’s must REALLY sting”
    Only because it was proven that Pats cheated in those AFCCG games (and cheated for 7 years total) in order to gain advantage.

80. hayward giablommi says: Aug 27, 2009 10:05 PM

@ spyboots
    How about coming out of the closet and admitting what team your a fan of (though I think I now have my answer)
    Try focusing about them instead of obsessing over the Patriots…
    …who by the way are 29-6 since they stopped, ahem, eyeroll, “cheating.” How could that be?
    —Scratches head—

81. so insightful says: Aug 28, 2009 5:09 PM

Why aren’t Andrea’s other antics ever mentioned?
    She herself is married. I am sure I am not the only one that doesn’t find in coincidental that she remained married to her husband (while having these affairs) and filed for divorce shortly after receiving her green card.
    She, in her obvious bids for attention, boasts about how much she loves having sex, concocted her own scheme/excuse for being in Ben Roethlisberger’s room, interestingly the same one she turned on him, bragged about it to friends and even hoped to be pregnant, so he’d be eternally chained to her, since she had concerns he wouldn’t remember her.
    She goes off the deep end a couple months after the fact and starts piling up the medical bills. She gives it a year, when nobody will be able to remember exactly when she lost control and she starts fabricating this story. 5 months after her alleged incident she is still talking about what a nice guy Ben Roethlisberger is, how hot he is and how she gave him up for someone else. Is this really how we speak about the men, whom we’ve just been viscioulsy attacked by? NO!
    Why would someone like this still be looking for a payday? She and her attorney had better start dreaming up a route out of this mess because the outlook is grim for both of them. They should both be slapped with felony charges and some heavy financial penalties. The only thing she has provided to date is entertainment. Sadly, at the reputations of some good people.