Glazer goes 0-4 in the potato toss

Holy crap, he wasn’t kidding.

FOX’s Jay Glazer told us earlier today that he planned to throw a potato at the video board hovering only 90 feet above the floor of Cowboys Stadium.

Actually, he threw four of them.  And he missed, every time.

Two of the potatoes exploded upon hitting the turf.  The other pair survived.

As a result, Glazer has concluded (via Twitter) that “the damn thing is fine where it is.”

A commenter opined earlier today that Glazer likely couldn’t throw a potato 90 feet horizontally, making a 90-foot vertical toss even more unlikely.

Actually, the board hangs 90 feet from the turf.  To get the actual distance of the throw, we’ve got to factor in the height of the person throwing the potato.

So, in Glazer’s case, it’s like an 86-foot throw.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
29 Responses to “Glazer goes 0-4 in the potato toss”
  1. sask99 says: Aug 27, 2009 9:52 PM

Jerry Jones told Glaser to bend over and he did… nice story

2. killachap says: Aug 27, 2009 9:55 PM

HAHA I guess since Glazer says it doesn’t need to be moved then it doesn’t need to be moved. Does anyone else feel like this guy is pissed off because Schefler (spelling??) Got the ESPN gig and he doesnt? I mean he is trying his hardest to dog ESPN and get attention.

3. Tears_of_a_Favre says: Aug 27, 2009 9:56 PM

It’s funny when lawyers try talking science. Only thing funnier is talking sports.

4. VoxVeritas says: Aug 27, 2009 9:58 PM

Bet I can hit Glazer with a nectarine at 30 yards.

5. Steeler4life says: Aug 27, 2009 10:02 PM

Glazer is an idiot

6. VoxVeritas says: Aug 27, 2009 10:07 PM

Bet I could hit Skip Bayless in the head with a basketball at 30 feet.

7. The Wishbone says: Aug 27, 2009 10:08 PM

What does Jay Glazer throwing a potato have to do with professional punters kicking a football?
    In the words of Money May, “Step ya game up.”
    He keeps a private jet.
    Un-war Jay Glazer, Favreian attention whore.

8. Rex Grossman says: Aug 27, 2009 10:10 PM

I wish it would have came down and hit him. Not the potato. The video board. I want Jay Glazer to be crushed by a video board.

9. VoxVeritas says: Aug 27, 2009 10:13 PM

Bet I could throw a football over them mountains.

10. Vick's failed drug test says: Aug 27, 2009 10:14 PM

Candy arm…. Too bad Shaq wasn’t there.. Glazer needed a cutoff man.

11. stiller43 says: Aug 27, 2009 10:17 PM

So some out out of shape idiot can’t throw something 30 yards straight up…well these are world class athletes (okay, maybe the kickers arent…okay, the kickers aren’t) and they are using their LEGS (which are much, much stronger than arms) to project an object. Just because Glazer can’t do it doesn’t mean shit. Sorry, forgot the new rules…it doesn’t mean poop.

12. Bob Nelson says: Aug 27, 2009 10:33 PM

The little wimp couldn’t throw his lunch.

13. doublestuffflorios says: Aug 27, 2009 10:38 PM

Were they russet potatoes. You can throw a spiral with them.

14. Pantherfan10 says: Aug 27, 2009 10:39 PM

Glazer’s never thrown anything 90ft

15. VonClausewitz says: Aug 27, 2009 10:47 PM

Perhaps the dumbest experiment ever. Certainly the dumbest PFT post.

16. VoxVeritas says: Aug 27, 2009 10:48 PM

“Additionally, he is too stupid to even figure the physics of the necessary trajectory.”
    Do tell, professor. Remember to take aerodynamics into account.

17. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Aug 27, 2009 10:54 PM

Nice rip on Glazer, Florio. Is that the pot calling the kettle black? You look like you might be 5’4 with your heels on. How tall are you?

18. jimicos says: Aug 27, 2009 11:07 PM

Rex Grossman says:
    August 27, 2009 10:10 PM
    —————————-
    Perfect comment. Well done. And it would kill two birds with one stone.. Or potato. Whichever.

19. jimicos says: Aug 27, 2009 11:09 PM

Did Glazer transform those potatoes into killers?

20. Eddie Drycleaner says: Aug 27, 2009 11:28 PM

I can shoot my… nevermind. New rules… Haven’t been censored yet, why start now?
    Jay Glazer is Mike Florio, only fatter and less familiar with me. Better football IQ wouldn’t hurt you haters.
    War Mike Jurecki, War Mike Florio, and War Jay Glazer!
    (Florio, I swear we won’t laugh at you. Just take the damn wig off.)

21. CtownBleedsGreen says: Aug 28, 2009 1:09 AM

@ Vox…
    Ok, I take back whatever I said in regards to any of your other comments…
    This ones a jewel:
    “Bet I could hit Skip Bayless in the head with a basketball at 30 feet.”
    Florio, give the man his book…

22. Plax's Right Thigh says: Aug 28, 2009 1:23 AM

I kind of want to fight Glazer, I know I live in my moms basement….
    but I think i could take he, Mort, clayton, and Scheffer..for real.
    I box..MMA be damned

23. Chris Rush says: Aug 28, 2009 2:56 AM

Florio, you have a non-sexual crush on Jay Glazer.
    And that’s ok, I’m sure you have forty something years of staunch heteroxexuality (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

24. Claudio says: Aug 28, 2009 4:48 AM

I want to rape his wife…..I mean meet him.

25. ZN0rseman says: Aug 28, 2009 9:46 AM

How much is Jerry Jones paying Glazer for that stunt?
    The potato is a terrible example, and Jay has to know it. You could easily throw a football, baseball or any other type of round non-dense object 90 feet. A potato though is not round, it’s heavy, it’s oblong, and it is difficult to throw any distance. So I fail to see how Jay Glazer’s inability to toss a potato 90 proves anything other than his own idiocy.
    $0.02,
    –Z

26. ZN0rseman says: Aug 28, 2009 9:49 AM

How much is Jerry Jones paying Glazer for that stunt?
    The potato is a terrible example, and anyone with half a brain should know it. You could easily throw a football, baseball or any other type of round non-dense object 30 yards. A potato however, is not round, it’s heavy, it’s oblong, and it is difficult to throw any distance. So, I fail to see how Jay Glazer’s inability to toss a potato 30 yards proves anything other than his own idiocy.
    $0.02,
    –Z

27. Kevin from Philly says: Aug 28, 2009 10:06 AM

Vox, you couldn’t throw a ball 30 yards on Madden.

28. jbraider says: Aug 28, 2009 10:10 AM

To hit a scoreboard 86 feet above shoulder height, Glazer would have to be able to throw a potato at 51 mph (assuming he could throw it straight up and neglecting air friction)
    For a standard 8 ounce potato, this is about the same amount of force as throwing an 85 mph fastball

29. crackbubba says: Aug 28, 2009 12:35 PM

Hey Glazer, stop throwing potatos, it’s not your strong suit. Instead, how about you get us the scoop on how soon the Cowboys will call Harrison, or make another 1-3-5 deal for a receiver who won’t produce for them?