Lions continue to shed 0-16 stink

The Lions probably can’t wait to let go of as many veterans as possible from last year’s disaster season. To that end, the team has released defensive tackle Chartric Darby Saturday, according to Scout’s Adam Caplan.

Darby’s release opens up a starting spot for new addition Shaun Smith.

Scout’s Ed Thompson also reports that the team has cut running back Aveion Cason, who has spent time on the team’s roster from 2006-2008.

The team also cut seventh-round pick, tackle Lydon Murtha, although Murtha figures to land on the team’s practice squad.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Lions continue to shed 0-16 stink”
  1. Arizona by way of Detroit says: Sep 5, 2009 11:59 AM

Thank Goodness that Cason is gone… Please stay gone this time.

2. Fan_Of_ Four says: Sep 5, 2009 12:02 PM

Easiest job in the NFL today is being the lions GM, if Matt Millen drafted him, cut him.

3. Arizona by way of Detroit says: Sep 5, 2009 12:04 PM

What is the logic in cutting Chuck Darby? Our DL sucks enough. I do like Shaun Smith, but… Hmmm. I need to stop using the word logic and Lions in the small breath.

4. Jungle Juice says: Sep 5, 2009 12:13 PM

Good luck with Shaun Smith. Never shuts up and causes problems everywhere he goes. He’s not worth the distraction.

5. I_Hate_Yams says: Sep 5, 2009 12:23 PM

Nothing against the Lions, but I could see a 1-15 season or even a repeat of last season’s 0-16 record. I think the only game I see them favored in is the home game against the Rams.
    Sun Sep 13, 2009 @Saints
    Sun Dec 6, 2009 @Bengals
    Sun Dec 13, 2009 @Ravens
    Sun Dec 20, 2009 Cardinals
    Sun Dec 27, 2009 @49ers
    Sun Jan 3, 2010 Bears

6. Mav69r says: Sep 5, 2009 12:49 PM

Next to get the axe… Kerry “I caused 3 Matt Stafford interceptions” Colbert.

7. Arizona by way of Detroit says: Sep 5, 2009 1:07 PM

Even with an 0-16 record last year…the worst is yet to come. I hope I am wrong. The secondary is horrible. The DL is even worse. The OL is one of the worst (if not the worst). I can see scoring more points than last year, but we will give up twice as many. How is that for a positive Saturday comment?