Merriman's accuser says "judgment day" is Tuesday

The lawyer representing the woman accusing Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman of battery and false imprisonment indicated Sunday that Tila Tequila Nguyen would not be commenting on the incident that resulted in the pursuit of charges against him.

“Due to the serious nature of this matter, and out of respect for all
domestic violence victims and defendants, Ms. Nguyen and her
representatives will not be publicly addressing the facts and
circumstances of the incident
,” New York-based attorney Scott E. Leemon told Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Apparently, there’s been a change of plans.

On her Twitter page, which as of Sunday night was blocked from public viewing, Nguyen promises that she will address the situation on Tuesday

In a tweet posted not long ago, she describes Tuesday as “judgment day.”

“I haven’t release
an official statement on what happened yet because I didn’t lie, so no
need to release 3 statements to ‘cover’ myself
,” she said in a backhanded slap at Merriman’s contention that he prevented her from leaving his house because she was intoxicated.

Just wait til the
whole story comes out
,” she said.  “I am letting them talk and bash me all they
want. I dont care. I know the truth.  [A]nd it will come.”

Nguyen also hints that she was restrained because of something she had seen:  “There is only one
reason why I was running for my life…..why was I stopped?
Hmmm….maybe the truth didnt want to leave the house.”

So what’s the truth that didn’t want to leave the house?  It’s unknown at this point.

That said, she devotes several of her Monday night tweets to the issue of steroids, a substance for which Merriman tested positive in 2006.  So it doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to put two and two together on this one, and to at least wonder whether she’s going to claim that she came across a stash of nandrolene.

But that’s all speculation.  Nguyen says that she’ll comment on Tuesday.  Regardless of whether what she says is legit, she’s done a good job of building suspense.

UPDATE:  Nguyen has now given the case a People’s Court-style name . . . “Blue Balls VS Blue Neck.”

Permalink 53 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers, Top Stories
53 Responses to “Merriman's accuser says "judgment day" is Tuesday”
  1. snnyjcbs says: Sep 7, 2009 11:07 PM

It is nice to see one of these clown football players do something to someone who has a bit of juice.
    Rather than them hurting a normal person and thrashing them after with the media and their money without the party being able to give back much of a fight.
    The Steroids king of the NFL looks like he has meet his match.

2. ras6111 says: Sep 7, 2009 11:11 PM

You could probably add “attention” to “whore” now. Please tell Ms. Nguyen this is not a reality show, this is reality.

3. INVAIDUH says: Sep 7, 2009 11:13 PM

“Lights out.”….Tila.

4. litemater says: Sep 7, 2009 11:14 PM

TMZ — I mean PFT – od darn. I get them confused nowadays…………….

5. Gnarburger says: Sep 7, 2009 11:23 PM

The one thing I learned from this is that Florio follows Tila Tequila on Twitter. I tried to click a link and apparently you can only see the messages if you are an approved follower of hers.

6. PiKindaGuy says: Sep 7, 2009 11:25 PM

That said, she devotes several of her Monday night tweets to the issue of steroids, a substance for which Merriman tested positive in 2006. So it doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to put two and two together on this one, and to at least wonder whether she’s going to claim that she came across a stash of nandrolene.

Or, Merriman couldn’t get it up.
    Steroids + drinking = lights out for Shawne, Jr.

7. bearsfan says: Sep 7, 2009 11:27 PM

Clearly he had roid rage.

8. elsin says: Sep 7, 2009 11:32 PM

Is this considered “journalism”? Just wondering because there is a whole lot of irresponsible speculation going on there Florio. I’ve been getting her tweet posts tonight too, and her coming across a “hidden” stash of steroids isn’t even remotely close to how I’ve been interpreting her tonight. You basically just make stuff up around here??

9. FumbleNuts says: Sep 7, 2009 11:43 PM

UPDATE: Nguyen has now given the case a People’s Court-style name . . . “Blue Balls VS Blue Neck.”
    Sounds like another Psycho woman looking for her 15 minutes!

10. east96st says: Sep 7, 2009 11:44 PM

“Blue Balls VS Blue Neck.”
    If nothing else, this woman has a very promising future writing headlines for the NY Post.

11. oneGIANTloss says: Sep 7, 2009 11:50 PM

Then Elsin fill us in if you’re so informed.

12. superduperboltman says: Sep 7, 2009 11:55 PM

You should start writing for TMZ florio. You’re writing is as adorable as the flaming D-bags over there. Whatever happened to Nguyen was probably deserved. That pigfaced hag has abused millions of televisions and her shot at fame should be ignored. This is ridiculous.

13. todd bennett says: Sep 7, 2009 11:57 PM

Elsin, thats how hes made his living as a writer. Did you just now notice that? Sorry it took you so long. Yes it is sad. They call it Journalism. He get paid for this shat! I LOVE AMERICA!

14. encinitasraider says: Sep 8, 2009 12:02 AM

Dolts are a bunch of thugs…Vincient Jackson,Foley, and now Merrywomen beater…
    lol

15. ☻☼CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFLN nbc says: Sep 8, 2009 12:03 AM

Merriman shouldn’t be messing with two-bit internet trash.

16. Gautam says: Sep 8, 2009 12:11 AM

“Is this considered “journalism”? Just wondering because there is a whole lot of irresponsible speculation going on there Florio.”
    ——————
    you are a n00b aren’t you ? This is the only thing Florio does – speculate stop speculate !

17. Bronkko says: Sep 8, 2009 12:14 AM

What the hell is “Nandrolene?

18. VonClausewitz says: Sep 8, 2009 12:15 AM

I think judgment needs to be withheld here until all the facts come out. If she were a non public person fine, but she’s someone whose career is predicated upon public attention. And people like that often do and say almost anything to get it – witness the fiasco of politics.
    Right now her only tools are ambiguously worded intimations (which can’t come back and bite her) and the facts as they’ve been witnessed by the parties involved, police included. She’s said publicly that she won’t discuss the facts (what a surprise!). But that hasn’t stopped her from intimating that ‘funny business’ was going on. Do you see where I’m going with this? She needs the circus she is creating. And the more fuel she adds to the circus the better for her. These are not the actions of someone who was abused. They are the actions of someone who is abusing. We should all keep that in mind. Merriman is a human being too and deserves a little benefit of the doubt. If it were you in a similar situation you’d want the same.

19. elroy says: Sep 8, 2009 12:34 AM

LOL Florio busted! This reminds me of a long time ago I told Florio that I had an “inside source” that SD was trading Rivers for a R1 days before the 2005 draft and he posted it no questions asked.

20. troll_aikman8 says: Sep 8, 2009 12:38 AM

This is why Ben Roethlisberger is smart. He doesn’t rape D-class MySpace celebrities. He goes for unstable but anonymous and hourly-paid peasants.

21. MO says: Sep 8, 2009 12:49 AM

Tila Tequila is a goblin….

22. shawnc16 says: Sep 8, 2009 1:11 AM

elsin have you ever paid attention to this being a news and RUMORS website before.

23. Brett Favre Now a Viking! says: Sep 8, 2009 1:31 AM

Ah Really, this idiot broad, who is a tramp from the word go, deserves no respect, and no validity whatsoever, she showed no signs of trauma in the hospital, and lets face it, her star was beginning to dwindle, so now here she is at the top of the headlines….forget it sister, but you aint gonna make itwith this trumped up fabrication..Miss Tequila, you madame, are cut off…THROW HER OUT JIMMY!

24. This is not news says: Sep 8, 2009 1:32 AM

Dump her Shawne, she’s a serpent.

25. nato2424 says: Sep 8, 2009 1:58 AM

suspeeeensionnnn

26. East Bay Ray says: Sep 8, 2009 2:01 AM

elsin:
    You’re new around these parts, huh? Yes, he basically makes stuff up. It’s called a “rumor mill” for god’s sake. “Irresponsible speculation” is what we crave. Buyer beware. But, from time to time, this blind squirrel finds a nut (Mike Vick dog-fighting scandal).

27. CardHock says: Sep 8, 2009 2:06 AM

Wow this is unreal. How the hell did you get she saw steroids in the house? Man it is very hard to respect you and your website as much as I have enjoyed it over the years.
    This is totally a guess on your part with no real investigative journalism what so ever. And since 90% of the people that visit this site are basically barely high school graduates they take all of this stuff as fact.

28. Charger4life says: Sep 8, 2009 2:16 AM

Give me a break Florio. We all know you have this hard on against the Chargers. Steroid talk…..child please

29. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Sep 8, 2009 2:18 AM

# elsin says: September 7, 2009 11:32 PM
    ===================================
    Oh, you must be new around here. elsin, meet PFT…PFT, elsin. Yes, this is how it works here everyday.

30. Raider Pride says: Sep 8, 2009 3:12 AM

“This Is Great Theatre”
    Thank You…. Mr. Florio.
    Fricking Damn Right… I love this web site.
    It is almost as good as turning off the lights, grabbing the binoculars, and watching my neighbors drink vodka and then eventually get into the inevitable fight they have every night.
    It has been a great night. I have so much to look forward to….
    Judgement Day is Tuesday for Merriman
    And…. from what I see through the Binoculars, Judgement Day is about 20 minutes away for my neighbor Frank… as his wife Linda just threw his drink at the fridge.
    Life is good…. Who needs Nancy Grace and Cable Television…
    I have P.F.T. and my Binoculars.

31. CHILDPLEASE says: Sep 8, 2009 3:40 AM

Who cares anymore. They are both attention whores who deserve each others company.

32. ATLGIRL09 says: Sep 8, 2009 4:05 AM

^^^^
    Thats clearly what Tila is trying to get across, if u go look at her twitter pg now, she is now referencing coke! she also states that she took pics of whatever she found at his house. I just hope she knows what shes getting herself into, shes playing a dangerous game!!!

33. Alpheratz says: Sep 8, 2009 5:35 AM

It’s unfortunate that any of this human debris has celebrity status.

34. crise40g says: Sep 8, 2009 5:40 AM

Florio, way to further bring down PFT.
    I should be talking trash about ‘Roids Merriman but that would make me no better than all the Raider Haters.

35. screaming sheep says: Sep 8, 2009 5:52 AM

What the hell is a rocket surgeon anyway. Heard of a rocket scientist, heard of a brain surgeon, but a rocket surgeon? Must be a West Virginia thing.

36. ShruggingGalt says: Sep 8, 2009 6:17 AM

Why would anyone believe what she has to say anyway?
    She tweets that she “couldn’t” have been drunk, because she’s “allergic to alcohol”. However, to her OWN FANS before she has said that she does drink anyway, and it doesn’t take much to get her drunk.

37. Foreverdolpfan says: Sep 8, 2009 6:29 AM

Will it all just end? There’s never a dull moment in the lives of the NFL football players. Stay tune, stay posted for the next reality show starring one of The NFL’s finest…..Give me a break and let’s play some football!!!!!!!

38. Bigbluefan says: Sep 8, 2009 7:48 AM

Ernie A and the Maras must be smiling knowing how they made the right call when they took Eli and left the hemriod and crybaby in Challenged land
    We got the MVP and they got a Roid head and baby phil

39. Florios-Lawyer says: Sep 8, 2009 7:57 AM

“…Raider Pride says: September 8, 2009 3:12 AM
    That explains a lot about Raiders fans…

40. zangy says: Sep 8, 2009 8:11 AM

I love all the Florio bashing…You guys are a bunch of morons. This is a site for Latest News and RUMORS, lets see that last part again RUMORS. All you out there citing unprofessional journalism, it’s a f*cking blog about POSSIBLE things going on in the NFL. Of course he his going to be incorrect some of the time. For those of you who rant and rave about typos and such…You are the ones who are also b*tching if Florio or someone else from PFT doesn’t have a BLOG up the second something happens in the NFL. You should be more concerned about not spilling any of the jelly out of the PB&J your mom just brought downstairs for you, bunch of f*cking d bags.

41. dave says: Sep 8, 2009 8:15 AM

watch , she’s going to post pics of a supplement bottle, and it’s going to turn out to be one of the league approved ones
    that’s what i expect from someone as retarded as tila

42. Kevin from Philly says: Sep 8, 2009 8:28 AM

Cardhock,
    You’re nuts – there’s no way 90% of the people on this site have graduated high school.

43. Krow says: Sep 8, 2009 8:42 AM

Can’t wait for the press release… charges dropped… cause “he loves me and he’s going to change”… ROFLMAO.

44. PFTiswhatitis says: Sep 8, 2009 8:55 AM

*Merriman

45. Vet735 says: Sep 8, 2009 9:06 AM

How they met over twitter
    Shawne,
    Hey baby, you got girlfriend Vietnam? Me so horny. Me love you long time.
    Love
    —Da Nang Hooker

46. bgarcia says: Sep 8, 2009 9:28 AM

Notice that ESPN didn’t hesitate to make mention of this on their website!

47. JuicyMelon says: Sep 8, 2009 9:38 AM

I am not saying Merriman is lying when he stated that he tried to restrain her from Driving Intoxicated, but I am nowhere near Shawne’s weight or size, I am nowhere near as athletic, and I have never had to even put the illusion that I was showing violent behavior to a female to prevent her from driving intoxicated. Take her keys, call her a cab, do something. Merriman really put himself in a bad position.

48. VoxVeritas says: Sep 8, 2009 10:01 AM

“I think judgment needs to be withheld here until all the facts come out.”

49. The Rural Juror says: Sep 8, 2009 10:40 AM

Why are we still referring to Tila Tequila in the story?
    I thought Florio didn’t have the cajones to name the plaintiff…

50. VicksPuppies says: Sep 8, 2009 10:44 AM

There was bound to be an incident like this with those two attention whores teamed up.

51. VonClausewitz says: Sep 8, 2009 11:34 AM

Vox, you’re such a massive douchebag that it amuses me to no end responding to your posts so I can insult you some more. To wit:
    “What you really seem to be saying is that judgment of Merriman should be withheld until all the facts come out because after you say this you sure are making a lot of judgments about Tila Tequila.”
    Actually I’m just stating the facts. It’s called observation. Judgment is when you “judge” 2 or more mutually exclusive bits of information and pick one.
    Facts:
    1. She DOES have a career predicated simply on being famous.
    2. She AIN’T that famous anymore
    3. She says she’ll lay out the facts at one sitting, doesn’t need to send multiple versions of things out there, AND THEN starts intimating all sorts of things were going down such as steroids and coke.
    4. The cops said she was visibly intoxicated
    5. She said she wasn’t
    6. She said she was physically battered
    7. The cops said she had no physical marks
    Ok. Now go back to your usual trying to be intelligent “act”. That sir, is a judgment.

52. Eddie Drycleaner says: Sep 8, 2009 12:03 PM

VonSanta just bitchslapped Vox… I’d hate to bear the brunt of that wrath…
    Don’t know if anyone posted, but the link says “That page does not exist.”
    DAMN! I wanted to follow a diseased hooker! Hopefully I can find Paris on there…

53. tinye13 says: Sep 8, 2009 2:24 PM

“So it doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to put two and two together on this one”
    Well, what exactly does a rocket surgeon do?