Whisenhunt: Boldin should play Sunday

We haven’t even played a regular season game yet, and Anquan Boldin’s season is looking a lot like last season.

A lingering contract issue that hangs over his relationship with organization? Check.

A lingering hamstring injury that diminishes his ability to play his best? Yep.

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt has seen this one before, and that’s why he says there is a “very good” chance Boldin will play on Sunday against the 49ers despite missing practice Wednesday.

“I think we’ve got a history with ‘Q’.  That’s why I have a good feeling about him playing,” Whisenhunt said.

Third receiver Steve Breaston is also expected to play, although he says he’s not 100% recovered from a strained PCL suffered early in camp.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Injuries, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
9 Responses to “Whisenhunt: Boldin should play Sunday”
  1. nineoh says: Sep 9, 2009 6:50 PM

NFC CHAMPIONS…deal with it!!!!..None of this lucky crap…Scoreboard, chirpers….Come on down Niners, A Dub and Dockett got a little somethin-somethin for you boys…Then Jax, and Indy at home then a bye….3-0….whiners

2. Quagmire says: Sep 9, 2009 7:08 PM

I only made over 19 million in the past 6 seasons.
    How can I be expected to live a comfortable lifestyle on such a pittance…what if I live to be a few hundred years old…why, I’ll be destitute.
    Please send your pull tabs from aluminum cans to feedAnquan.com.
    Only you can help.

3. Quagmire says: Sep 9, 2009 7:11 PM

Hey nineoh ,
    I’d bet your 3 remaining teeth that they not only don’t repeat as NFC champs, but don’t even make the playoffs.

4. Golden_Niner says: Sep 9, 2009 7:35 PM

Quagmire says:
    September 9, 2009 7:11 PM
    Hey nineoh ,
    I’ll double that bet!!

5. Eddie Drycleaner says: Sep 9, 2009 7:40 PM

I’ll see your three teeth, and raise you my widsdom tooth.

6. nineoh says: Sep 9, 2009 7:45 PM

Quag…. throw in your mom ( if you can find her ) and you got a bet, junior…

7. danlinker says: Sep 9, 2009 8:15 PM

Quag and golden niner like it best when a guy has no teeth. You know?

8. danlinker says: Sep 9, 2009 9:32 PM

And for the record, Boldin will play and do well this week.
    The other certainty is that Florio will once again get on the cards hater wagon.
    The third certainty…cards will again win the division.
    All jokes aside, the cards biggest competition will be the Niners. They are improving. When Warner leaves or falters…Niners will take the division.
    Don’t discount Hill. The guy is pretty damn good.
    Cards fans….tell me Shaun Hill didn’t spook you a bit last year like it did to me.

9. birdsflyagain says: Sep 12, 2009 7:20 AM

Shaun hill scares all NFL QB’s that think about how good they are then this a$$ clown makes it as a starter but don’t worry he’ll be Cody Picketts back up in Toronto