Shawn Andrews misses practice

The likely reason the Eagles lugged Jon Runyan in for a workout today is now clear. Shawn Andrews, who missed almost a month a training camp practices with a balky back, missed practice Thursday.

Andrews, according to the Eagles blog on CSNPhilly.com, watched practice in shorts and a practice jersey.

Asked by a reporter as he left the field whether he was “OK”, Andrews replied, “No…hopefully I will be.” Andrews was not listed as having missed any portions of Wednesday’s Eagles practice.

The two-time Pro Bowler at right guard missed 14 games last season with a herniated disc in his back. Andrews has been working at Runyan’s old spot – right tackle – since the Eagles signed Andrews’ brother, Stacy, in the offseason.

Runyan, 35, was Philly’s right tackle previously and has played in 192 straight games, the third-longest active streak in the NFL. And while that streak might be in jeopardy, even if the Eagles sign Runyan (Winston Justice figures to be Shawn Andrews’ replacement), it appears Runyan may not be out of work for long .

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Injuries, NFC, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
13 Responses to “Shawn Andrews misses practice”
  1. Bun McSticky says: Sep 10, 2009 3:42 PM

I’m guessing that Brett Favre is somehow to blame for this?

2. spanky2525 says: Sep 10, 2009 3:48 PM

The big kid is starting to piss me off. Get your shit together!!!!!!

3. Vet735 says: Sep 10, 2009 3:49 PM

Where have your sources been Florio? That’s been all over the rado here since lunch.
    I would say the guy is nuts or fruit loops, but then I would be afraid of Andy trying to eat him. So crazy will have to do.

4. FLORIO_IS_A_SELLOUT says: Sep 10, 2009 3:50 PM

I know 90% of people in Philly want Runyan signed. Shawn Andrew’s career is over. Let’s stop pretending like we can count on him.

5. Twp Iggles says: Sep 10, 2009 3:52 PM

I don’t care what the cap impact is, cut this baby and resign Runyan. Runyan at 50% is better than the big baby at 0%. I’m tired of hearing about this tool.

6. nittanylion0 says: Sep 10, 2009 3:55 PM

Fly runyan fly on the plane back to Philly

7. Buttered Izel Jenkins says: Sep 10, 2009 4:10 PM

Now I’m just confused. The Madden simulation for the season on ESPN.com had Shawn Andrews booked as an All-Pro. That’s got to mean something, right? Otherwise it wouldn’t be on the interwebz.

8. Stradivarius says: Sep 10, 2009 4:33 PM

Yeah, time to release Shawn Andrews. Let him [florio edit] around some other team. Runyan would be great to have back, but I would take the Fridge at this point over SA…

9. Poopdollar says: Sep 10, 2009 4:48 PM

Andrews is having a hard time coping with the fact that he sucks c*ck, literally. True story – the dude loves Michael Phelps in a speedo.

10. whoaleckna says: Sep 10, 2009 5:17 PM

Winston Justice vs. Julius Peppers–uh oh. D’Angelo Williams running all over us, ahhh!

11. EskinSux says: Sep 10, 2009 6:49 PM

Shawn Andrews simply doesn’t want to play……And Winston Justice can’t play….Runyan in a body cast would be better than either of these….

12. meezle says: Sep 10, 2009 6:51 PM

I would say the guy is nuts or fruit loops, but then I would be afraid of Andy trying to eat him. So crazy will have to do – Line of the day
    Sign Runyan

13. Poopdollar says: Sep 11, 2009 11:26 AM

Peppers is overrated and you all know this. He will have no bearing on the outcome of the game Sunday – just tryin to be real.