Ankle injury for L.T.

In recent years, the formula for Chargers running back LaDanian Tomlinson has been simple.

1.  Produce a great regular season.

2.  Get injured during the playoffs.

This year, as L.T. commences his fourth decade on the planet and vows to be as good as ever, the injury came not in January but in September.  He twisted an ankle on a first-half play that also included his first lost fumble since the 2006 season.

Thereafter, he made only periodic cameo appearances.

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Tomlinson was “limping badly” (what, no one has ever taught him how to limp properly?) after the game.

“It wasn’t bad enough I couldn’t play,” Tomlinson said.  “Toward the end, it really got tight on me.”

Tomlinson finished with 13 carries for 55 yards and a touchdown.  His $6 million understudy, Darren Sproles, had nine carries for 23 yards, five catches for 43 yards, and the game-winning touchdown run.

Tomlinson’s status for Sunday, when the Chargers host the Ravens, isn’t known, and it surely will be a subject of much discussion in the next five days.

And that’s the way we like it.

38 responses to “Ankle injury for L.T.

1. I hate that Tomlinson’s nickname is “L.T.”
    L.T. is Lawrence Taylor, a legendary, hardnosed football player.
    Sure, LdT is a gifted athlete, but he’s also a whiny, gutless bitch who does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Taylor. Can we put a moratorium on calling the self proclaimed classy one ‘LT’, please?

2. geez, you take a flyer on a guy in the 6th round of your fantasy football draft and this is how he repays you…

3. I figured this would happen. You forgot the other LT formula:
    1. Have crappy game
    2. Come up with mysterious injury after the fact that justifies said crappy game.
    When LT was standing on the sidelines at the end of the game and Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest brought it up I said to myself “tomorrow there’ll be some injury that no one saw or heard of until after the game.”

4. I guess the arrogant p.o.s. shouldnt have ran his mouth about being the best back in the league. Karma’s a bitch eh L.T.?

5. He’s finished.He’s was done 2 years ago. AND it was obvious. He is just milking them for the money left on his contract.

6. you don’t have to be 40 to be in your 4th decade dumbass.
    figure this one out…George Brett won batting titles in 3 different decades, does that mean he played MLB for 30 years??

7. I hate to say it Vox – but teams are prepared for the “Little Big Man” this year. He is a complimentary back, a damn good one, but complimentary however!
    Don’t expect too much out of him this year.

8. I hate to wish injury on any player in the league but damn I wish Jake Delhomme gets hit with a hot sack of nickels before the next game.

9. # DynastyDriven says: September 15, 2009 9:29 AM
    “This year, as L.T. commences his fourth decade on the planet”
    L.T just turned 40???
    —————————————————
    Hey moron, look up the word commence in your dictionary. The day that you turn 30, you are “commencing” your 4th decade. You commenced your 1st when you were born, 2nd when you turned 10… see a theme here?
    In a related note, this just in: 7 out of every 10 people born turn out stupid.

10. according to L.T.
    “Adrian has to have a breather sometimes, and Chester goes in for him on 3rd downs, I don’t have to do that”.
    Well, I may be wrong, but I saw a lot of #43 in there on 3rd downs, as opposed to #21. Get over yourself LaDanian, Adrian is and will continue to be much better than you.

11. DynastyDriven says:
    September 15, 2009 9:29 AM
    “This year, as L.T. commences his fourth decade on the planet”
    L.T just turned 40???
    ——————–
    I can tell math was your least favorite subject:
    Decade 1: 0-9
    Decade 2: 10-19
    Decade 3: 20-29
    Decade 4: 30 39

12. LOL! I was just thinking that.
    —————-
    aaron wilson HATES comments says:
    September 15, 2009 9:24 AM
    I figured this would happen. You forgot the other LT formula:
    1. Have crappy game

13. @ Dynasty Driven
    Think about it for a second…everyone starts off at age ZERO!!!! You do the math from there, swifty!

14. “but he is the best back in the league…according to the ever humble L.T.”
    -How long until hje realizes he’s not even the best back on his own team.

15. pumbaa_57 says:
    September 15, 2009 9:50 AM
    # DynastyDriven says: September 15, 2009 9:29 AM
    “This year, as L.T. commences his fourth decade on the planet”
    L.T just turned 40???
    —————————————————
    In a related note, this just in: 7 out of every 10 people born turn out stupid.
    —————————————————
    Just because someone doesn’t understand something or makes a mistake in calculation, doesn’t mean you have to treat them like $#!t. Get over yourselves.

16. Florio likes negative discussions regarding LT. He has an unrelenting hate towards him, and won’t say why. He’s expresses his homoerotic feelings towards Adrian Peterson and Ben Roethlisberger and a few other Dbags, like him, but won’t say why he has extra hate towards the Chargers. Either way, LT will bounce back. And Hopefully, Turner will actually play him the way he is supposed to be played.

17. # hayward giablommi says: September 15, 2009 9:20 AM
    I hate that Tomlinson’s nickname is “L.T.”
    L.T. is Lawrence Taylor, a legendary, hardnosed football player.
    ======================================
    Right on, hayward giablommi!
    This pansy didn’t like what he was seeing out there and decided he didn’t want to play.
    Poor Darren Sproules almost had his head detached from his body twice with vicious hits, Tomlinson (not “LT”), didn’t want any part of it.
    The pansy.

18. Sounds like a lot of Raider fans in here.
    Tomlinson was averaging 4.2 yards a carry and had a TD not a bad 1st half.
    He is one of the best backs in football and the Chargers wouldn’t MAKE the playoffs if it werent for his play. He has over 1000 every year he has touched the field. Not many backs can even hold a candle to that. The sun is setting on his career and even as a fan of his I can admit that. He will put up another 1000 this year and be done with it.
    Adrian Peterson is a great back, but he has been in the league for only two years. Not too much wear and tear on his body. Remember in OU when he broke his OWN collarbone jumping into the endzone? Tell me he will last 9 years in the league and not miss a few snaps.
    Jim Brown blew LT when he broke the TD record, then suddenly he’s banging Adrian Peterson and disses LT. Sounds like Jim Brown is irrelevent in football these days and is just trying to show people he has a pulse.

19. Everyone is an LT hater all of a sudden..LT is one of the best backs of all time, and he is not finished..He’s had some bad luck with injuries, but just look at his ypc: 4.23..Sproles’ ypc was 2.55…He will be fine after this week..Sproles should be a 3rd down back and an occasional change of pace guy, but LT still has one or two decent years left..He is not the best back in the league now, but that’s not a fair comparison..He’s no longer in his prime..stop hating on a future hall of famer

20. I wish I was cool enough to count decades and try to make people feel stupid rather than just informing them of their gaff because that’s what my Dad did to me. I’ll keep practicing though maybe next season.

21. It’s only partly about the miscalculation; the other part is pointing out they (and you) probably have bigger problems to work on. So be quiet.

22. Tomlinson’s status for Sunday, when the Chargers host the Ravens, isn’t known
    ————————————————
    I think his status is going to be “inactive” – if I’m not mistaken the Raven’s run defense is ferocious.

23. It’s like a passing of the torch. AP is far superior NOW than Tomlinson. Sure at some point LT was better but those days have come and gone. If I’m not mistaken Slaughter the collar bone was already broken and just was aggravated when diving into the endzone.

24. Duan says:
    September 15, 2009 9:45 AM
    Don’t expect too much out of him this year.

Yeah, like piling up receiving yards with ease, scoring the winning TD late in the game or anything similar…

25. eklypse69 said:
    “And the other 3 turn out to be arrogant, egotistical pricks who have to insult others to make themselves feel superior while talking smack about football and hide behind a computer monitor because they know they are physically inferior.”
    Sounds like the pot’s calling the kettel black;)